Comment

I think people should just stop complaining
      I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

keep it the same for life.
        There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by warportal
          DONT FUCK WITH THE SETTINGS THEY ARE HOOOOLY!!!!!

Comment

Shrap is always cool
            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I guess it's apparent what public opinion is here.

My argument would be that shrap is necessary for sharks. Unlike in Javs, Shark shrap can be "aimed" in that mines can be placed in locations that will maximize shrap damage. They are integral.

I would also be resistant to seeing shark shrap angles standardized as, in my philosophy, at least, I see Sharks as being little agents of chaos; their mines, shrapnel and repels all cause a little chaos in tight basing action, and randomness seems to be a better fit.

Comment

It would fit the shark better if it stayed the same.

A shark wouldn't be very usefull anymore if you remove the shrap.

The settings now, makes the shark a challenging ship to play with and a danger to enemies. It would bore me for sure if shrap was removed. Oh, I just protect the terr with repels, can't do much then

Though a note, the ammount of shrap that a shark/jav can start with shouldn't be so randomized imho.
                A jav starting with 6 shrap, isn't really funny for the opposite team.
                Last edited by BLeeN; 12-04-2002, 08:30 AM.
                Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by BLeeN
                  A jav starting with 6 shrap, isn't really funny for the opposite team.
                  Isn't 3 the max you can start with? Since you start with 3 bty.
                  "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

I just love shrap

and as iirc jav's get 3 shrap per shrap green, then they can start with 9 shrap...

If I would have my choise in this, I would let sharks start with a fixed amount of shrap
                    Spiderline ftw

Comment

how can i die if i terr if you remove shrap.. c'mon i wanna die once
                      Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                      Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                      Server> dont worry mirror
                      Server> shark fits your tits
                      Peace <ZH>> shut up
                      Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                      Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                      1:Hercules> im level 90
                      1:Hercules> in 9d
                      1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                      1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Alright the zone has spoken

-Epi
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Yeah you could be right, Jonas

=P
                          Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Definitly keep the same. This isn't TWLJ.
                            gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                            gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                            gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

i wouldnt mind sharks having shrap as a default. gives them a better chance to disrupt the nme as it attacks. sharks can be useless prey after the repped 3 times.
                              To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                              brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Removing shraps would make playing shark less boring (they'd remain unchanged as far as defence is concerned - no one in his right mind has too many mines floating around the base) but they should still be toned down imo.

My solution would be giving sharks shrap-3 as default. Not too overly powerful (8x shrap-5 mines repped = ouch) but still something to be taken into account. Jav shraps are nowhere as lethal (luckily no autokill in TWLB) and are fine as they are, imo. They're rarely a factor. Maybe shrap-6 if you have to fix them so certain amount.

(OTAlso, full charge greens should certainly stay. Entering base becomes impossible if they're removed. Spids can usually get quite many FC greens from dead teammates thus making entry possible in first place.
                                Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X