Elude
      Disoblige
      Syne
      Ownage
      Shinobi
      Germ
      Spastic
      -------
      The last 2 are up for grabs. Based on what I see from the ladder...
      Soulcamp
      ViP

As for their scores, it does depend on what squads get stuck in which conference:

-FINAL- 8-2
      Sk8 9-1
      Ancients 7-3
      Pirates 6-4
      Ice 10-0
      Heavy 6-4
      Quicksand 5-5
      Elude 6-4
      Disoblige 5-5
      Syne 2-8
      Ownage 3-7
      Shinobi 3-7
      Germ 1-9
      Spastic 5-5
      Soulcamp 2-8
      ViP 2-8

Kinda hard to forecast this whole thing, really.

Comment

Because there are a few squads that seem to cluster a lot of the older talent, there are going to be a lot of new faces this TWL-D.... should be interesting to see how they do in real matches against real lineups, it will be some of these guys' first time doing so (or perhaps second season, but didn't get to play that much before).

Comment

Originally posted by Luminary.
          Pirates- anyone seen pirates play lately? of course they were good
          last season but you barely see them now, if they
          still have a similar line they will make it to play offs easily
          (considering they still play well)
          I think Luminary has some of the best thoughts thus far. Most people are making predictions based mainly on what happened last season or based on their personal bias for certain squads. As a member of Pirates I completely agree with this assessment of us and I think it applies to other squads as well. We are not playing a lot of matches and a lot of our players are fairly inactive at the moment. How well we do once the league actually starts will depend on whether enough of us put in the time and effort. As a squad we a talented roster, but if we don't practice enough newer squads could definetely beat us.

Comment

Someone said something about little competition because the top 100 players are mostly split into 3-4 squads. Well it really depends on your definition of what the top 100 players are. A lot of the "all time greats" have stopped playing entirely. More than a few are still around, but they are either not on a league squad or really out of practice. Speaking as someone who has gone inactive for 6+ month periods and come back to try and compete at least 4 times, it usually takes me at least a few weeks of constant play in matches to get anywhere near the player I used to be (and a lot of people don't want to put that time in anymore).

-Final- is able to go completely inactive and then challenege for championships because when they finally become active they spend a tonne of time practicing and since they have retained a lot of the same players, they don't have as tough of a time regaining their teamwork skills. Ice and Sk8 look stacked with skill, but I'm pretty sure Ice (not sure about Sk8) wants to compete in all 3 leagues so they have recruited a wide variety of players. Of course they both have great starting lineups for Javs and WB's, but if they didn't practice as much as they do, they could still fall victim to an up and coming squad.
            Last edited by Eric is God; 12-13-2005, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pascone
              what if instead of squads ... they were teams...sorta like twdl or whatever it is the draft league

that could be cool if it was set up correctly...have like 30 squads total...but it couldn't really work.......
              You basically summed up the reason Path of Daggers (and myself to some extent) initially started the first draft league. It's a great idea in theory; assign captains and allow them to pick from a pool of players, thereby spliting the talent up fairly equally between 12-15 squads (or more depending on the players interested). Have rules about trading players, schedule a season and let the fun begin.

Unfortunetely it doesn't work because most players wan't to play alongside people they know and if someone doesn't like the squad they are on and isn't traded they just refuse to play. You also end up with a huge disparity in the skill level between the best player on a squad and the worst so a lot of players may never get a chance to play. You also have the chance of certain top players just deciding to become inactive, which could destroy a team.

There are other problems, but those are the main ones. I have a few ideas on how to fix some of the problems, but unless we start paying players (give them enough incentive to play) or we abolish TWL and replace it with a draft league, I don't see one every becoming successful.

Comment

here was the main problem when i was cap of a Draft League squad.

merce> I''m not playing unless i'm with a2m
                merce> cause i want to fuck his ass
                merce> so either trade me to him, or i'll sit out the season
                merce> did i mention i'm gay?

I don't understand why pussies liek him have to be on the same team as him in both draft league AND twl. If Draft League ran every season, and there was a redraft every time, it would be cool, like running in twl offseason. It's fairly simple, guys who pull what merce pulls get banned for life, and quickly they will all be weeded out.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I blame Drew Rosenhaus.

Comment

Next question.
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                    Originally posted by the_paul
                    Gargle battery acid fuckface
                    Originally posted by Material Girl
                    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

• Originally posted by Valiant
                      Bring back Flying Imps!
                      omg.. YAY ILL BE DIGDUG<FI AGAIN!
                      Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                      Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                      Server> dont worry mirror
                      Server> shark fits your tits
                      Peace <ZH>> shut up
                      Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                      Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                      1:Hercules> im level 90
                      1:Hercules> in 9d
                      1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                      1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickname
                        here was the main problem when i was cap of a Draft League squad.

I don't understand why pussies liek him have to be on the same team as him in both draft league AND twl. If Draft League ran every season, and there was a redraft every time, it would be cool, like running in twl offseason. It's fairly simple, guys who pull what merce pulls get banned for life, and quickly they will all be weeded out.
                        To merce's defense, I _AM_ the hottest piece of ass to ever step foot in tw... I mean seriously, have you tried _not_ jacking off to me?! Its impossible!
                        Dice
                        TWLB Champions Season 8
                        TWLJ Champions Season 8
                        TWLB Champions Season 10
                        TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickname

Fun times, right? Hah.

Comment

• Originally posted by a2m+
                            To merce's defense, I _AM_ the hottest piece of ass to ever step foot in tw... I mean seriously, have you tried _not_ jacking off to me?! Its impossible!
                            I tried once...I failed.
                            7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                            1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                            8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                            Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                            Piston> I own in belim
                            6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

• I've tried more than once. Once I was about to succeed but then I just couldn't help unzipping my pants and guess the rest.
                              Regency> not in for dd lol
                              Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

• a2m is fuckn ugly yo
                                2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Working...
                                X