No announcement yet.

QS vs. Sk8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appeal has been sent. If the answer is no, I want to know how in those rules you have decided we were given a legal time. This point has been dodged for the past 3 days, probably because there is no answer
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

not that I really give a shit, but am I the only one who sees Izors point?
      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
      There wont be another election for president.
      Obama is the Omega President.
      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Izor, you had 5 days to answer to our request. I'll make this clear

Sk8 wants saturday any hour

QS wants Sunday 5pm EST

Since we couldnt agree Nethila made it sunday because the chances of you showing up SHOULD'VE been bigger. If a squad wants SUNDAY 5pm EST, the probabilites of showing 5 SUNDAY 3pm EST are prolly bigger than SATURDAY.

Anyways since you knew this could happen AND you didnt mind playing Saturday, you COULD HAVE ACCEPTED OUR TIME REQUEST.
        Last edited by Underground; 06-04-2006, 05:30 PM.
        1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
        1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
        1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
        1:Vitja> afk
        1:Underground> haha vit
        1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Yes, I could have accepted your time. I already stated why I didnt. By the rules, there was 0 chance that we would get a 3 pm or sooner slot on sunday. Any captain would have done what I did. It's like when the defense goes offsides in football. The offense has no reason NOT to throw the ball downfield because even if the worst case scenario happens they still get 5 yards and repeat down
          Last edited by Izor; 06-04-2006, 05:35 PM.

Comment

ur gay izor

Comment

Izor, might as well not complain much about this, I asked Pure_Luck the other day how something like this could happen, Sk8 has a game at 1pm, there were five games at 2pm, five games at 3pm, sk8 had a game at 4pm, and there was an empty slot at 5pm. Well back to the original point, TWL ops, according to PL, are not in any way shape or form obliged to follow the rules of TWL. TWL ops are allowed to do what they please, and are above the rules. Now for those who think I am being sarcastic about this, this is very close to what PL said flat out to me. But im not complaining, if the rule is that the TWL doesn't have to follow TWL rules because he is a TWL op than that is the rule. Anyways, this is the answer I got to wondering why the game was put in a full slot over an empty slot. "I have been running this league for two seasons now". Well im glad all of our concerns were taken care of.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Whatever the situation, rules, opinions about ops, scheduling pros and cons...squads/players were invited to play at the beginning of the season. Those squads and players in the league accepted those terms and conditions. Clearly we all understood that league officals would make decisions and calls about stuff.
                Why stand up part way through the season and make these issues and/or protest? If folks wanted to protest, do it by turning down the league's invitation to play at beginning of season. If folks want different rules or different people making the decisions, try another league.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
                  Nethila managed to bring up an interesting point though. When we signed up for TWL we are obligated to show up to the time we are scheduled to, and that in the end it may not be up to us. This couldnt be more wrong. I didnt agree to enter this league so that you could ignore all the rules and fuck my squad over. I agreed to enter this league based on the rules clearly written on the TWL website.
                  I think this answers your question, eph. I made this issue and/or protested because this is not what I signed up for, and I am asking for it to be fixed. Is that not what I am supposed to do? What has happened contradicts what was supposed to happen based on the terms we entered this league upon. An operator is there to make decisions based rules that have a grey area. For example, what happens when the bot crashes at 49-49? And was the game really too laggy to get an accurate winner? This rule has no grey area. There was a list of time slots that were acceptable, and we didnt get one that was. It caused us to not have enough people show. Period

edit: gg kolar, no getting around that one i notice
                  Last edited by Izor; 06-04-2006, 06:26 PM.

Comment

"Why stand up part way through the season and make these issues and/or protest? If folks wanted to protest, do it by turning down the league's invitation to play at beginning of season. If folks want different rules or different people making the decisions, try another league." -Ephemeral

Interesting point ephemeral. I wonder why A-S has spent so much time complaining about lag during league matches when they KNEW the lag limits when they accepted their invitation to play in leagues this season.
                    Confluence> k, someone say something so i can put it in my signature...ready, go
                    Confluence> that's not helping the cause
                    LightlyToasted> ummm confluence is good because his bro is lightlytoasted?
                    Confluence> ummmm....alright.

Comment

Conf is afk.

ps. Shit, Izor seems to have some point here. WTF he's not that moron after all? he needs to be!
                      Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                      Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                      Server> dont worry mirror
                      Server> shark fits your tits
                      Peace <ZH>> shut up
                      Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                      Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                      1:Hercules> im level 90
                      1:Hercules> in 9d
                      1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                      1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

this will be my last replay on this issue until we've decided your appeal:

Dear Quicksand, if I (nethila) as a TWL OP want to fuck over you guys, I would have done it a LONG time ago. In fact, I would have find some odd excuse and not even invite you guys to TWL. Your whole argument on this issue is really that I hate wark, i hate quicksand, so im screwing you guys over. LoL. Like what rand said, if using real life issue or some idiot getting banned as excuses are valid, Grapevine would have never dissolved.

Scheduling doesnt go your way all the time. Sk8 want saturday games, while quicksand wants sunday at either 4pm or 5pm. A time cannot be agreed up, so I step in and assign a time. Like you said yourself, sk8 has game at 1 and 4. So the only option left on sunday is 2,3,5pm. Yes, 2 and 3 are full and technically, 5 is the only available spot. But that doesnt mean the game will be scheduled at 5. Just like how you are whining and bitching right now, sk8 can also bitch and whine. Like how sticking the game to 3pm 'favours' sk8 and fuk you guys over, sticking the game to 5pm can also seen like 'favouring' quicksand and fuking sk8 over. I will repeat again, when I schedule games, i try to be fair to both squads. I dont give a shit if some idiot on your squad got banned and cant show up, or you fuked ivf over by kicking him out of squad and wont let him back in and now you have even less players. When a squad wants 2pm and another want 4pm, i will stick it to 3pm. SImple as that. Sk8 want sat, QS want sunday 4/5pm. I stick it to 3pm. the time slot thats closest to your 'we will have a no-show' request. What more do you want? No one is bending any rules. Yes, 5 games per slot, thats in the rule, and it also is on the site and in effect when you are trying to schedule games. Ever saw that "The time slot you suggested is full, please assign another time" comment? that shows the rule is effect. But that does not mean as a TWL Op, i cant stick an extra game to the time slot. If you havent noticed yet, every week, the 3pm and 4pm slot will have more than 5 games in its slot. I dont see you complain about those until today when it have something to do with your squad. Bottom line is, I see the sunday 3pm as the best fitting to your game, if you didnt like it. appeal. Dont even think about bringing the 'you are just trying to screw us over' shit into this. Cause like i said, if i were to screw you guys over, you wouldnt even be in TWL.

Oh and also, having only 2 people show up on a sunday afternoon for any squad is just sad. Maybe I really should just drop you guys out of TWL. I have seen a twl squad with only 10 rostered members show more than 5 people during their ASSIGNED game time.
                        Last edited by Nethila; 06-04-2006, 07:20 PM.
                        1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Conf
                          "Why stand up part way through the season and make these issues and/or protest? If folks wanted to protest, do it by turning down the league's invitation to play at beginning of season. If folks want different rules or different people making the decisions, try another league." -Ephemeral

Interesting point ephemeral. I wonder why A-S has spent so much time complaining about lag during league matches when they KNEW the lag limits when they accepted their invitation to play in leagues this season.
                          I saw no threads started about that game. I have seen no posts about that game. I saw no requests for appeal or replay. Isn't that accepting the lag limits/rules?

Comment

As a member of Sk8 I'd rather not win a TWL match this way. That being said, I really don't think Nethila can be blamed for this. Izor, your accessment of the rules seems fine, but the one thing you forgot is TWL is run by people who constantly change things and the rules have rarely been enforced to the letter. I'm not saying the staff is bad or that you screwed up Izor, but if I was the captain of a squad I'd have personally gone and talked to a TWL op to ensure my understanding fo the rules were correct. Talk to every op 5 times and to the other squad 15 times so a no show doesn't occur.

I know this has happened in the past and I'm always somewhat surprised. I'm not accusing any players of lying or being lazy, but do that many people really work on specific times every Saturday or Sunday? I don't know a single person who has stuff they have to do or a place they have to be every weekend. I'm honestly curious to know what all these busy people are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by wark <ER>
                              Izor, might as well not complain much about this, I asked Pure_Luck the other day how something like this could happen, Sk8 has a game at 1pm, there were five games at 2pm, five games at 3pm, sk8 had a game at 4pm, and there was an empty slot at 5pm. Well back to the original point, TWL ops, according to PL, are not in any way shape or form obliged to follow the rules of TWL. TWL ops are allowed to do what they please, and are above the rules. Now for those who think I am being sarcastic about this, this is very close to what PL said flat out to me. But im not complaining, if the rule is that the TWL doesn't have to follow TWL rules because he is a TWL op than that is the rule. Anyways, this is the answer I got to wondering why the game was put in a full slot over an empty slot. "I have been running this league for two seasons now". Well im glad all of our concerns were taken care of.
                              and yes, way to ignore our whole conversation so you can just post that quote you like. you truely are amazing.

i honestly dont even know why QS is calling me biased, bending rules when i treated deluge the same way i treated eelam. If i was biased, deluge wouldnt even have the opportunity to play for QS again. And if i was biased, neither would have eelam. cause all those on my squad knows, i hate pandora just as much as i hate quicksand.
                              1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Ok neth I sort of see your point how you want this to not go toward anyones favor with the scheduling, but look at this how I saw it. I basically saw this as a free shot at possibly getting my time, with the worst possibility being that sk8 gets one they proposed on saturday. I tried to point out several times where I was confused as to how we arrived at the final time of 3 pm sunday. Although I did so by taking some shots at you at the same time, I think I got that point across. When I see something like that from someone I dont like and I know doesnt like me..what do you expect me to think? I mean, its not like I expect you to go out of your way to be fair to me or anything. And you had one strike already in my book since I didnt think del was handled fairly.

btw, you couldnt touch deluge since he rejoined during soft lock, regardless of accident or not. We had this discussion with eelam. I even took the other side

Comment

Working...
                                X