Official Appeal: Quarter-Finals -- United Force vs. Sk8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Appeal: Quarter-Finals -- United Force vs. Sk8

On the July 23 play-off game of United Force vs. Sk8, 4 minutes and 28 seconds into the game, the bot crashed.

After several minutes, the host sent up an *arena message stating that the game would continue being played.

In any other regular-season game, this would have resulted in a restart of the game.

I know some people will bring up the fact that the score was 21-8 in sk8's favor when the bot crashed. This is irrelevant -- the fact is the bot crashed, and caused sufficient confusion to warrant a restart of the game. After our players realized the bot had crashed, they stopped focusing on the game at-hand because they assumed that, like every game before, a replay would take place. I realize that throughout this season sk8 has also had several scheduling advantages, and I am sure we are not the only one who have been effected by it. For example, in our regular-season game we had requested sunday, they had requested saturday. They got saturday. Bear in mind that our roster is far smaller than their roster of 49 people, and we were obviously put at a strong disadvantage when the players we wanted weren't able to show as a result of a biased decision regarding the scheduling

Either way, failing to restart a game where a bot crashes is in violation of rule 4.01 which states that: "If an unpredictable server crash, router failure, TWBot failure, or other event has a massive impact on a game in progress, the match will be cancelled and all current scores discarded. The game will then be replayed at a later time. (See Rules 4.02, 4.03 and 4.04)".If during regular-season, games are restarted when a crash like this occurs, why would the same not apply during play-offs? I remember in a previous UF twld game the bot crashed (consequently, it was a game which we were winning), and the host went ahead and chose to replay that game. Needless to say, we lost.

In Round 1: Would you consider it fair if the bot crashes, and after several minutes of not focusing on the game, you were told that the game would stand and continue to be played?

In Round 2: Would you be able to play properly knowing that an improper decision was made regarding your first round game? Would this not be standing on your mind and bothering you as the second round progressed?

If this league is to have credibility, we need unbiased decisions to take place, especially in the play-offs where 1 game is sufficient to kick you out. If certain squads are going to recieve preferential treatement throughout the season, it would be helpful if we are aware of this ahead of time so that we won't put up an argument against what is going on, and just accept it as it is.

If Rule 4.01 is going to be ignored, then you might as well scrap all the rules. It would only be fair.

Edit: This just in! An hour after our game was finished, the TWLJ game of Pirates vs -Final- experienced a bot crash in their game. The game was replayed. This is how things are SUPPOSED to be.

So I ask again, why is it that some squads, in this situation, Sk8 would recieve preferential treatement and not replay the game, when it is very apparent that major bot crashes merit a restarted game?

I hope this appeal won't get ignored, because this is not just about our game, it is about the league and zone in general.

(This appeal was emailed to twleagues@gmail.com in verbatim.)

Edit: Don't misinterpret this thread as trash-talking. I have nothing against Sk8, and respect many of its members. I am merely going by the rules here. I would expect that the twlops should be doing the same.
    CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Pretty surprising that a host decided to manually handle lagouts, ties, speccing players at exactly the right instant (not giving their bullet the extra few seconds past a 10th death), lag, etc. when it's against the rules and the game wasn't even close to halfway done.

Comment

The bot was JUST lagging at the time he made that message. The bot was still there to record the game. By the time the bot fully died it was a massacre and it would have been unfair to cancel the game at like 45:20, since it was almost over.
      It's not whether you win or lose.
      It's how you place the blame.

Comment

Wow, pretty precise there. Funny how you say 4 minutes and 28 seconds into the game, and yet you generalize the time after and say "a couple of minutes."
        You did not stop playing for one second of that game, don't even try to argue about that. When the scoreboard stopped recording, Ikrit (the host) immediately told you to continue playing since he thought that at the time the bot was lagging. When the bot finally did leave the arena, it was so close to the end that he just finished it manually like anyone competent should have done. Also when it did leave, he said that the game was still in progress. Maybe you should read.

Originally posted by Zingy
        I realize that throughout this season sk8 has also had several scheduling advantages, and I am sure we are not the only one who have been effected by it. For example, in our regular-season game we had requested sunday, they had requested saturday. They got saturday.
        You're right. That is irrelevant and makes your appeal seem like worthless whining.
        Phiz> I probably am gay
        Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Originally posted by With Ease
          Wow, pretty precise there. Funny how you say 4 minutes and 28 seconds into the game, and yet you generalize the time after and say "a couple of minutes."
          You did not stop playing for one second of that game, don't even try to argue about that. When the scoreboard stopped recording, Ikrit (the host) immediately told you to continue playing since he thought that at the time the bot was lagging. When the bot finally did leave the arena, it was so close to the end that he just finished it manually like anyone competent should have done. Also when it did leave, he said that the game was still in progress. Maybe you should read.

You're right. That is irrelevant and makes your appeal seem like worthless whining.
          I was precise because thats where the scoreboard stopped. I just subtracted the time on the scoreboard.

On the other hand, i didnt have a stopwatch to see when the host sent the arena message.

Come on man, think!

Edit: Also don't try to change the topic by focusing on the scheduling. My appeal was not focused on the scheduling. Dont jump on my back just for including that bit and using it to potentially derail the thread.

Comment

LOL ZINGY what did i tell you in game. Staff will ignore you, Sk8 will tell you to 'stfu and quit whining' and players who can see how fucked up of a situation may acknowledge it, but thats about all theyll care to do
            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by phYst
              The bot was JUST lagging at the time he made that message. The bot was still there to record the game. By the time the bot fully died it was a massacre and it would have been unfair to cancel the game at like 45:20, since it was almost over.
              Just lagging? The bot was stuck on the same score for the remainder of the game and was not spec'ing anyone.

If you can define that as lag, then you can define anything as lag.

That's like saying that when someone dies IRL, their body is "lagging" because it isn't doing anything. Not quite true.

The time of confusion between the time the bot "crashed" (yes thats the proper wording) and the time the host said the game must go on caused sufficient confusion to cause a restart. And in fact, the rules agree with this.

On a sidenote, please do not launch a Sk8 vs Zingy assault here. This discussion is about the rules, not about how many squad members from each squad can argue about it.

Comment

That's what everybody was saying at the time.. "Bot is lagging" .. since .. it was STILL THERE, but not working.. And even then.. You think you can get a replay on round 2 because you were "MAD" or "felt bad" .. get real

Comment

Our players were confused too.. creature was asking what happened and we told him to 'just play' .. and he did.. and after he had it explained to him..

Comment

That's what everybody was saying at the time.. "Bot is lagging" .. since .. it was STILL THERE, but not working.. And even then.. You think you can get a replay on round 2 because you were "MAD" or "felt bad" .. get real
                    phYst, the fact is that whether the bot was there or not, is irrelevant. It was NOT FUNCTIONING. End of story.

The rules do not mention that the bot has to leave the arena. Or perhaps are you reading a different set of the rules?

Comment

Our players were confused too.. creature was asking what happened and we told him to 'just play' .. and he did.. and after he had it explained to him..
                      Ok so because you guys knew what to do (maybe because you have so many staff members and former-staff members), its alright when a bot crashes?

Do you mind telling me why the Pirates vs. -Final- game was replayed? After all, they could have just "continued to play" it too. Right? Maybe the reason is that when a bot has major problems as it obviously did during our game, the game is supposed to be restarted? Yep! I think that's it.

Comment

zingy

twl

and

tw

is just shit
                        TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                        TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                        Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                        1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                        4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                        1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Originally posted by Zingy
                          Ok so because you guys knew what to do (maybe because you have so many staff members and former-staff members), its alright when a bot crashes?

Do you mind telling me why the Pirates vs. -Final- game was replayed? After all, they could have just "continued to play" it too. Right? Maybe the reason is that when a bot has major problems as it obviously did during our game, the game is supposed to be restarted? Yep! I think that's it.

your squad fuckin sucks, get over it newbie. if you had been winning, you wouldn't be complaining about this.
                          Girl if it's alright,
                          100%.

Comment

hi broly
                            TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                            TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                            Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                            1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                            4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                            1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

hi ivan, allstar terr yet?
                              Girl if it's alright,
                              100%.

Comment

Working...
                              X