Official Appeal: Quarter-Finals -- United Force vs. Sk8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broly
    I'm complaining? No, you sir, are the whiny bitch here.
    Your posts are not contributing anything to this thread.
    CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

Originally posted by Zingy
      -_- dont worry me 2
      TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
      TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
      Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
      1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
      4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
      1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

i'm happy you feel that way
        Girl if it's alright,
        100%.

Comment

Ikrit if you would have told them immedialty to continue to play than it would have been fine but you waited a couple of minutes inwhcih people stopped trying and just kinda drifting... You saw the bot was dead because soon as it happened i pmed you and you were like keep playing but you did not tell them that you just told me
          [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

re

i feel the need to say this :

Zingy - no other tw match went this far before the bot had indeed crashed. So if you truly believe that the game should have been restarted if the score was 48-23 and the bot died would this as well call for a restart? If you believe this is so your an idiot. LD and LJ can be hosted manually, therefore if they game is almost done it should be hosted manually. Ikrit made a decision which he thought was best, and it was the best decision in that situation. You guys were not even close to beating sk8, so there is no point in a rematch. Gl next season.
            TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
            TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
            KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
            1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
            1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by eelam <tw>
              48-23
              was that really the score when the bot died?
              TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
              TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
              Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
              1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
              4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
              1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Originally posted by Unabled
                Ikrit if you would have told them immedialty to continue to play than it would have been fine but you waited a couple of minutes inwhcih people stopped trying and just kinda drifting... You saw the bot was dead because soon as it happened i pmed you and you were like keep playing but you did not tell them that you just told me
                P Unabled> bot dead? :P
                P Ikrit> no, keep playing
                Ikrit> *arena Keep playing, the bot is lagging a bit but should be recording everything
                Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by eelam <tw>
                  i feel the need to say this :

Zingy - no other tw match went this far before the bot had indeed crashed. So if you truly believe that the game should have been restarted if the score was 48-23 and the bot died would this as well call for a restart? If you believe this is so your an idiot. LD and LJ can be hosted manually, therefore if they game is almost done it should be hosted manually. Ikrit made a decision which he thought was best, and it was the best decision in that situation. You guys were not even close to beating sk8, so there is no point in a rematch. Gl next season.
                  The bot crashed at 21-8. And it was in the first 4.5 minutes of the game.

Would restarting really be that difficult?

The rules say if the bot dies, the game should be replayed. This should really be clear.

In nearly every situation where the bot has crashed like this, it has resulted in a replay of the game. There is no reason why this could not apply to us. Earlier today the bot crashed in the game of Pirates vs -Final-. They got a replay.
                  CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

I believe in spec chat Ikrit had said that 'the bots were just lagging' ~30 seconds after people realized the score was stuck on 21-8, around which point UF started to float around, duclover in particular who i was specced on at the time. A little later when it was obvious that the bots were really fucked, he said continue to play on, but everyone on both sides were just sorta floating around not caring, especially with people like me saying gg bot died in freq messages. Why would you tranny trick people in playoffs, when you traditionally replay those games? The blame here should not go to Ikrit however, I'm a pretty firm believer that the hosts of these games are relatively unbiased. He did what in his mind was the best thing at the time. It is the job of higher-ups to step in and say 'hey thats against the rules and its something we havent allowed all season'. I remember week 1 we made a huge comeback vs -f- something like -12 at one point. Had there been confusion with bots it would have taken our minds off of the task at hand and we would never have been able to accomplish that
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Did you even read Ikrits, or my post? The bot was LAGGING. The bot officially died when the score was bigger (about the same ratio).

edit: this is to zingy
                      It's not whether you win or lose.
                      It's how you place the blame.

Comment

The rules say if the bot dies, the game should be replayed. This should really be clear.

In nearly every situation where the bot has crashed like this, it has resulted in a replay of the game. There is no reason why this could not apply to us. Earlier today the bot crashed in the game of Pirates vs -Final-. They got a replay.
                        How many times are we going to go through this? The bot was LAGGING at 4 1/2 minutes, it did not officially DIE until later when it was too far in to reasonably redo the round.

I'm not going to turn this thread into a series of copy/paste arguments because you keep saying the same thing over and over again. So unless you have something new to say, stop posting.
                        Ban Ikrit

Comment

Now that I understand the situation, I disgaree with you. If the bot died, that's one thing. But if the bot lagged but ikrit told you to continue playing, that is another. You failed to inform us about that. The host told you to continue playing, and you should have continued to give 100% effort in that case. Therefore, there should be no replay.

Comment

Regardless, there are too many functions that are part of TWL that a host can't manually perform. If it were part of the rules that manually finishing a round that would be one thing but, especially this season when lagouts are SO important, it's still unfair.

Comment

Genocidal.. At the point when the bot actually lagged out it was pretty much over.. There were UFers hitting 9 right away.. The only job to be done is speccing the people.. You think the bots were always here?
                              It's not whether you win or lose.
                              It's how you place the blame.

Comment

I was speaking generally because I believe the rules are supposed to apply to all games, not just games that people will think will be close.

Comment

Working...
                                X