• Show
Clear All

zingy owns!

B)
    TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
    TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
    Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
    1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
    4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
    1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Originally posted by phYst
      The bot was JUST lagging at the time he made that message. The bot was still there to record the game. By the time the bot fully died it was a massacre and it would have been unfair to cancel the game at like 45:20, since it was almost over.
      If the bot would have been lagging it would have come to "its senses" by the time we had finished the scoring was manual.
      MODERATOR WARNING:Stop.....or I'll say Stop again!-The Duc :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Duclover
        If the bot would have been lagging it would have come to "its senses" by the time we had finished the scoring was manual.
        My apologies....I need to read this entire topic before I respond....I rescind everything said in last statement.

Comment

Wow Sk8, way to be a bunch of ######## when the guy brings up a legitimate appeal to the match (considering what he says is the truth). Just because you don't want to replay the match doesn't mean it shouldn't be replayed in the interest of fairness.
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

wtf voth is back, where have u been up to?

1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
            4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him

Comment

lol, I'm not back anytime soon. See y'all in February.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by Ikrit
                If anyone cares, this is how it all happened from my point of view...

Someone on staff chat said their bot was working, I looked and my bot was fine... kept looking at scoreboard and noticed a few seconds later that my bot wasn't recording scores. So, to check to see if it was lag or just bot died, I pm'd my bot with !help and waited.. when it returned the whole help list about 10 seconds later I arena'd that the bot was lagging a bit but to keep playing.

A bit later the bot completely stopped responding and when I checked the score was something like 34-13 so I started hosting manually. When I saw someone get to 9 deaths I had :<name>:*spec ready for when they hit 10. There was only one time that two people were on 9 at the same time so I type'd out a *spec for one player, copied it, deleted, typed the *spec for the other player and managed to get both of them out of the game within about 1/2 a second of them dying.

The only time anyone stayed in past the time they should've been out was the last kill since I was talking on staff chat about recording the game or not and didn't notice the guy but even if he did get an extra kill in there I don't think Sk8 is going to complain since they still won 50-25.

The game was not close by any means and in the second round UF was beat by 14 kills.

So, all I have to say is quit whining, there was no way you were going to win that match.
                Ikrit win or lose its the principle of the matter and the fact of the matter is we got whiped specifically me. I wont whine about getting my ass handed to me but if you are to post rules on the net then please abide by them. If it says to restart when the bot officially dies then when you realised that we lost the bot the ball should have been called. Would we have lost? Hell I went 4-10 and just let 2 kills go by while thinking the bot was gone and we would have a restart (as usual). I wont play semantics here it wasn't a close game but if there is a guideline that has been followed for so long why did it change today?

Comment

Originally posted by Zingy

Either way, failing to restart a game where a bot crashes is in violation of rule 4.01 which states that: "If an unpredictable server crash, router failure, TWBot failure, or other event has a massive impact on a game in progress, the match will be cancelled and all current scores discarded. The game will then be replayed at a later time. (See Rules 4.02, 4.03 and 4.04)"
                  From reading the appeal, it's pretty obvious that a violation of a rule has occured. Others can go ahead and type all they want and defend it, the truth is that another squad was just cheated out of a round, once again.

The rule clearly states that a game is to be restarted if some sort of a crash occurs, and the game was NOT restarted. The rule has been broken, there is nothing to argue about here.

Just as Quicksand had always lost favor of a scheduled game, same sort of action was taken here, and the game was not restarted in favor for the other team, whoever they mgiht have been.

The rule was not just bent in this occurence, it was simply broken.
                  TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
                  TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

I forgot to add this:

It doesn't matter if the bot actually crashed at when the score was 45-20 or 21-8, all that matters is that the bot crashed during the match and the rules specify that the match will be replayed under those circumstances. I think that's all there is to say.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Also, before someone else mentions it:

Rule 9.24 ("All scores and player statistics will be reported automatically to www.twleagues.org upon completion of the match. If there is a bot error, the referee will manually input the scores.") does NOT apply to this scenario.

This rule does not apply for several reasons:

1. This is referring to a problem happening between the bot->website interface. As in, the bot worked fine up to the end of the game and showed the winner of the game, however it did not show the results up on the site, in which case the op would manually enter the score on the site.

2. If this rule DID apply, then every game which had a crashed bot would continue to be manually hosted up to the end. As we saw this season, this did not happen. Games where the bot died were replayed.

3. The wording of this rule does NOT say that games should be manually hosted when the bot dies. It JUST refers to the inputing of the scores on the site, after a presumed sucessful game finish. (notice how the first half of that rule is talking about the score being reported to the website, and not talking about anything happening in-game)
                      Last edited by Zingy; 07-24-2006, 12:09 AM.
                      CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

over/under when twl finishes

too many appeals
                        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

:fear:
                          "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
                          Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
                          " - Tyler the Creator
                          Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

:crying:
                            "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
                            Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
                            " - Tyler the Creator
                            Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

lol rouge i miss u :crying:

Comment

there is a reason why TWL has so many rules...

The bot died, it does not matter what the score was. follow the rules & replay the damn round.

Barton ~ UF
                                SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                                SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                                Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                                Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                                1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                                1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Working...
                                X