No announcement yet.

Separating the Dueling and Basing leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did mention that TWD roster will be 20 for TWL and 15 for TWL. If we made the discrepancy too large I think it would alter the outcome of the squad's performance during ladder rankings too greatly for them to be considered the same squad going into TWL.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

ok i see it kim, but then...what about the division of the population...i think its fun being on a squad with mixed players....i can get better for one....and if you say how the top duelers wont want to make 1 squad....then it would be multiple squads with no one getting better because all the top duelers take the 5 starting spots...no one would get better, it'd be the same 'people' winning
      zidane> big play
      Omega Red> dwop sick
      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
          I did mention that TWD roster will be 20 for TWL and 15 for TWL. If we made the discrepancy too large I think it would alter the outcome of the squad's performance during ladder rankings too greatly for them to be considered the same squad going into TWL.
          So you're implying the infrequent TWDers would really rock the boat enough to make a difference (to a direction or another) when squads play dozens of games to qualify, I don't think so. I can see your point, but no real, practical reason to do so. You'll only piss off some players and drive some semi-inactive vets totally out of the game.
          Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

Kim, are you suggesting 15 roster max for squads that are simultaneously playing in BOTH wb and jav TWL? That would seem a bit too strict for a 2-league squad.

Maybe 15 for a squad that participates in only TWLD or TWLJ and 20? for squads participating in both?

Comment

Im not in favor of these changes but Im not totally against them either. The current league system is tradition and shouldnt be altered so much, despite its recent lack of vigor. Having TWL all at once and only once a year (or close to it) makes it more exciting and worthwile when it comes around. If we keep the current system, but limit the roster size to 30 or 35, along with only allow 10 or 12 squads in per league, the competition will soar and TWL will once again be prestigious.
              1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
              3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
              3:Best> see it coming
              3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                Im not in favor of these changes but Im not totally against them either. The current league system is tradition and shouldnt be altered so much, despite its recent lack of vigor. Having TWL all at once and only once a year (or close to it) makes it more exciting and worthwile when it comes around. If we keep the current system, but limit the roster size to 30 or 35, along with only allow 10 or 12 squads in per league, the competition will soar and TWL will once again be prestigious.
                Scheduling problems + lag problems = a worse quality TWL

Separating the dueling and basing leagues would help both. Scheduling was a pretty big issue this season.

It's not like anyone is suggesting setting or map changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
                  eason.

Lol, actually... (a lot of thought as been put into how to make basing more exciting next season)

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Windreaper
                    Lol, actually... (a lot of thought as been put into how to make basing more exciting next season)
                    In terms of threads I haven't seen much discussed. What kind of ideas were ppl suggesting?

Comment

Scheduling problems + lag problems = a worse quality TWL

Separating the dueling and basing leagues would help both. Scheduling was a pretty big issue this season.

TWL was fine before all of this automation of bots and bots communicating with website started. Ever since the bots have gotten more complicated and handled more and more tasks, the games have become more and more unstable and as a result, the quality of the matches has gone down and certain TWL rules have come into question of how they are to be interpreted, giving two sides and causing people to "quit sooner" or other negative results. I know scheduling has been a problem, there are plenty of other solutions to that, that arent nearly as drastic as this. Im not sure what lag problems your referring to with the current TWL system so I'll guess your talking about having many people in the same arena. This is just me, but my lag is still perfectly fine with over 100 people in one arena.

P.S. Part of the fun of a TWL match is when there are 100+ people watching =)
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

Reaver, as a staffer I thought you'd have clearer view into how TWL works and the lack of hosts. There is always a dip of them mid-season, we just want to ensure that this NEVER happens. Also, separating the leagues into two does not deppreciate the value of each at all, they still respectively occur once a year, so I don't get your argument of clumping them together like this. It makes for difficult spectating (deciding to watch TWLJ or TWLD or TWLB), and scheduling problems arise.
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

In terms of threads I haven't seen much discussed. What kind of ideas were ppl suggesting?
                          I suppose the staff will let just know. I had a chat with Greven this week and he pretty much just asked for feedback. Basically, I think there will be additional ?go base style arenas to try out map/ship/whatever changes.

I suggested a slightly larger FR because it's way too easy to corner a terr right now, imo. I feel basing is a camping/pushing game right now, both in cram and in fr. I think increased freedom of movement would allow for more interesting tactics.

I also suggested the fr would have two adjacent entrances (separated by a wall) you can line across, but not cram the way you can right now (having two entrances would result in plenty of opportunities for flanking, making entry and defending more interesting imo, and making a jav more valuable).

I do not believe in 4spid restrictions etc. Adjust the environment and flow of game and tactics/lineups will follow. Anyway, this is getting way OT, I suppose we'll see about that after the leagues, staff and players alike have been brainstorming a lot, I've heard, haven't really taken part in the process, so I don't know what exactly has been brought up.

Comment

now i dunno if anyone brought this up yet because im not goin through all these posts... all so goddamn long lol... but honestly, this is proposing that twl be spread out through a year or so? quite honestly, i dont wanna have to wait a year after twld to play another twld especially since i only play wbs, there is nothing to look forward to after my respected league is over with
                            TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                            TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Comment

Kim: True, there are so many simultaneous games going on you're going to miss a lot of good ones, especially if you're playing. From spectator standpoint it'd make sense if someone could capture and torrent the games. At least basing would work, dueling requires more work I suppose.

Reaver: I agree that dueling leagues are too bot-dependant right now (basing we can't help as the current system requires a bot to keep track of the score). The old system where the host handled all critical tasks manually certainly wasn't as comfortable, but at least it was flawless within human error (there were complaints of hosts subbing people too slowly etc iirc).

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel
                                i dont wanna have to wait a year after twld to play another twld especially since i only play wbs
                                Pick up basing, maybe? Many duelers have done that and lived, some even got very good at it and claimed it was actually rather enjoyable at times .

Comment

Working...
                                X