A final say on the separation of the leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the idea.

if you can't play in november and that's jav month, then you can't play, go have a life. if you can't play in november and that's 3 league month i think you are complaining even more.

i personally think only having a third of the workload for the zone's staff at a time would benefit quality and minimize fuckups.

also, it would help with squad loyalty in my opinion. if a guy on basingsquad A loves that squad but is an allstar jav, he can go jav when it doesn't effect them, but be on the basing team when he is needed.
    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
    Philos> there is something about you
    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Eh, slowly killing the level of excitement, and making it more of a usual event, if you go on about doing this.

Let's make another comparision:

Birthdays are once a year, you get to wait a year for your birthday, and you get rewarded! Like a gift.

If your birthday was once a month, it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Just a small comparison to help understand my post. It just won't be as exciting, and it would kil lthe fun of TWL.
      TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
      TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Heart
        Eh, slowly killing the level of excitement, and making it more of a usual event, if you go on about doing this.

Let's make another comparision:

Birthdays are once a year, you get to wait a year for your birthday, and you get rewarded! Like a gift.

If your birthday was once a month, it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Just a small comparison to help understand my post. It just won't be as exciting, and it would kil lthe fun of TWL.
        I thought the general consensus was that it isn't exciting now. This also doesn't really much affect one leaguers or even 2 leaguers (assuming you play wb and jav ... and I'm guessing you fit in this category Purple Heart).

If there is anyone benefiting the most from this idea it's you duelers or you basers who only duel or only base. You guys get your dedicated time slots with no interference indirect or direct (scheduling slots, lag from having too many games played at once, etc).

Comment

i would like to have dueling and javelin at the same time and basing on another time, this would give some of the newer basing teams and dd/jd teams time to create a basing-lineup.
          Last edited by Jones; 09-11-2006, 05:53 PM. Reason: make isnt as cool as give
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Sufficent I dont have to propose an alternative solution if the existing alternative already is better..

hmm did that come out right?
            Originally posted by Tyson
            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
            Originally posted by HeavenSent
            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
            Originally posted by Izor
            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider
              Sufficent I dont have to propose an alternative solution if the existing alternative already is better..

hmm did that come out right?
              And all I'm saying is that you then have little right to complain next season when things don't go exactly how you'd like it to (not saying that you specifically are complaining Mantra, but obviously there are others who will whine).

While you may be satisfied with how last season went I think the majority of the population of TWL thinks things can be improved upon. TWL players are fickle so I'm betting half of them who wanted changes and whined during the TWL season are back to taking the opinion that TWL should stay the same.

Edit: While this idea would affect Diso ... it won't affect you since you basically only play TWLB ... correct me if I'm wrong.
              Last edited by Sufficient; 09-11-2006, 08:18 PM.

Comment

however, it will affect me since for the last 4 seasons (or more, i dont keep track) i've been playing 3 leagues and i need my half-a-year break after every twl season to get motivated again.

fuck this idea.

Comment

It has pros and cons.. Therefore i will be undecided... Either way i'll be on this game more then i should be.
                  Lofty> Why must I sit in my chat, listening to some pseudo-homosexual adolescent males go over my looks with such care

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram
                    however, it will affect me since for the last 4 seasons (or more, i dont keep track) i've been playing 3 leagues and i need my half-a-year break after every twl season to get motivated again.

fuck this idea.
                    No doubt some ppl like you bram will hafta deal with it. No idea, even the current one or future ones will please everyone. I still think this idea benefits the most ppl compared to any other idea that has been offerred (not many).

I however dunno why you would complain about playing a game like TWL longer in a year when you obviously enjoy playing TWL! Yes we know you have a busy life with whatever ... but seriously ... if this goes through either you will continue playing all 3 leagues or you will only play one or two ... or none, I don't think TWL will be any less fun or competitive. It always comes down to ... do you want more time to do real world stuff ... or do you wanna spend time playing SS and TW.

Like I said ... imho this idea is BETTER than the current setup and will even ENCOURAGE more basers or more duelers to try their respective leagues.

Comment

?find sufficient
                      Not online, last seen more than 10 days ago

Sufficient, you're a good guy, but seriously, this idea sucks. OF COURSE squad hopping will increase. Squad unity and sustainability is what keeps TWD going, and I'm not gonna let some forum whore, non-player, FUCK IT ALL UP!!! NEXT THREAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                        ?find sufficient
                        Not online, last seen more than 10 days ago

Sufficient, you're a good guy, but seriously, this idea sucks. OF COURSE squad hopping will increase. Squad unity and sustainability is what keeps TWD going, and I'm not gonna let some forum whore, non-player, FUCK IT ALL UP!!! NEXT THREAD!
                        Bastard =). Cig has the same complaint about squad hopping being an issue if there is separation. My argument is that you can easily create a rule saying that within a TWL season (constituting both TWLD/TWJ and TWLB ) a player must only play in one team IF that team plays in all 3 leagues. This forces Diso players to stick with Diso through all 3 leagues ... but allows QS players for example to play TWLD/TWLJ and since QS is not participating in TWLB, any QS player can join Diso for ex.

And I don't play on the name Suff much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
                          And all I'm saying is that you then have little right to complain next season when things don't go exactly how you'd like it to (not saying that you specifically are complaining Mantra, but obviously there are others who will whine).

While you may be satisfied with how last season went I think the majority of the population of TWL thinks things can be improved upon. TWL players are fickle so I'm betting half of them who wanted changes and whined during the TWL season are back to taking the opinion that TWL should stay the same.

Edit: While this idea would affect Diso ... it won't affect you since you basically only play TWLB ... correct me if I'm wrong.
                          I totally disagree with you sufficent. I do have every right to complain if I have said all along that it is a bad idea. There are alot of things that can be improved with twl but this is not the way to go.. at least I dont think so, and thats all I have been saying. True, I wont come up with a great idea of improvement on my own, but isntead I offer my opinion on the suggestions that other people come up with. Its better than nothing?

It doesnt matter if it affects me personally or not, I like trenchwars and I like twl and hate to see it become worse than it is today.

with that said I did play all leagues last season, even both the quarterfinal and semifinal in twld.. (didnt do that good tho )
                          Originally posted by Tyson
                          There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                          Originally posted by HeavenSent
                          Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                          Originally posted by Izor
                          Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I totally disagree with you sufficent. I do have every right to complain if I have said all along that it is a bad idea. There are alot of things that can be improved with twl but this is not the way to go.. at least I dont think so, and thats all I have been saying. True, I wont come up with a great idea of improvement on my own, but isntead I offer my opinion on the suggestions that other people come up with. Its better than nothing?

It doesnt matter if it affects me personally or not, I like trenchwars and I like twl and hate to see it become worse than it is today.

with that said I did play all leagues last season, even both the quarterfinal and semifinal in twld.. (didnt do that good tho )
                            Saying that you like the current setup without saying WHY doesn't add much to anything imo. Tell me why you think the current setup is better than the suggestion.

If you wanna say that you agree with a specific point that Cig or whoever made against the idea then you should say so explicitly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                              Sufficient, you're a good guy, but seriously, this idea sucks.

Yea, you've been pushing for this idea for, what now, half a year ? What is it to you ? You only play, if you play at all, one league so it doesn't affect you in that way. You don't want to be in your squad...it's just a game, you don't own anyone shit, so...change the squad. You want to make leagues better ? This is not the way to do it. And the reason it is not a way is that since I've started playing the leagues (which was SlowBobs pyramide high-low tier) it has ALWAYS been about the squads and rivalries/respect. You have your core and season filler and you try to beat other squads inspite of your weaknesses or thanks to your strenghts. Take a squad, name it Whatever, put Disq, Domi, Sika and Blood in it, and guess what ppl will call it...

You want to make the leagues better - here is how: winter leagues, less regular season games (like 6 reg season games, then playoffs in groups of 4 squads, then semis), squadhopping+cheating rules improved (which has happened gg), strict(er) lag limits set and followed, few ERs trained to host manually...

EDIT: Needed: MAP CHANGES. Especially the twlj map.
                              Last edited by CrvenBan; 09-12-2006, 02:57 PM.
                              Originally posted by Disliked
                              However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                              when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

I like trenchwars and I like twl and hate to see it become worse than it is today.
                                You give no reason why the idea will make it worse than today. Like I said ... if you wanna say "whatever Cig and them said" ... well then I refer you to my idea of having a simple rule to limit the squadhopping but at the same time encourage basers to try dueling and duelers to try basing.

Comment

Working...
                                X