Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLB Predictions

In order ranking order:

1. Dice - Just because they didn't live up to the expectations last year doesn't mean they can't win this year. They have always had a very impressive lineup, just a question of if it shows up and how they play as a team. If all goes right for them, they will probably win TWLB in my opinion.

Lineup: Kawrae, a2m, Cig Smoke, megaman89, koan, Stayon, paska, 8^O8=====D~~ (Cape?)

Players to watch out for: megaman89, Stayon, paska, koan

2. Pandora - These guys are amazing at teaming and play truly as a unit. They have a lot of depth in their roster and just because they are all very skilled and have good teamwork, I think they have a very legitimate shot at the title this season.

Lineup: Tim, Vatican Assassin, Max B, Suede, MousE, sarger, Zung, Eelam/fatz0/Cf0ur/Rip Van Winkle

Players to watch out for: Suede, Max B, MousE

3. -FINAL- - If anyone thinks the defending TWLB champs will be a pushover because of their current activity (in any league, for that matter), then they are truly mistaken. Even with some other squads forming such as Rampage and taking a few -FINAL- players, they will always bring it on gameday.

Lineup: Everett, Windreaper, Domi, Sika, vihta, Pempu, PjOtTeR, Brethal/someone else, most of -F- can operate a spider good enough

Players to watch out for: Sika, Domi, Everett

4. Mambo - Mambo is a very consistent squad who always seem to do very well, but I don't really think they have what it takes to win the championship over the squads listed above.

Lineup: (no idea what they're doing for a terrier, Nycle? ok, we'll go with Nycle for now) Nycle, fizzy, Pred_FNM, xvr, Lionheart, Eat, Remu, M_M God/Kuukunen/cremation (if he comes back)/Regency

Players to watch out for: xvr, Lionheart, fizzy

5. Anti-Scrub - Always a force in TWLB, A-S packs arguably the best terrier to play, some top notch sharking, and spiders that play with the best of them. I might have them too low, or too high... who knows? A-S always sneaks up on everyone in TWL and comes out with great victories.

Lineup: brookus, za gophar, jr5, Solace, Sprained, Holydude, Aquatiq, Suzie-Q (this could change if they get some of their old players back and active, like Spybreak!)

Players to watch out for: brookus, za gophar, Holydude

6. Spastic - These guys are absolutely dominating when they show a good lineup and play as a team. When they don't, they're beaten fairly easily. I can see these guys pulling off some good victories against higher ranked teams, but also being upset by some lower ranked teams. These guys and Anti-Scrub could both be #5, they're so close that they're interchangeable. But I put A-S as #5 on the basis of brookus and their excellent sharking which makes him that much harder to kill.

Lineup: Mattey (he really is a good terrier, i've been watching him a lot), Stabwound, flibb, shayde, JAMAL, Lemonfrog_Returns, Ethena, PH/Spiderhate/Adamant/minkmink(this guy owns if he shows up)/Solidify

Players to watch out for: shayde, Mattey, Jamal

7. Syndicate - They're very good at this game in general, and a threat in all 3 leagues, you can never underestimate them.

Lineup: demonfaze, fireballz, confluence, Rough, 2Dragons, Reaver, death row, Amputate

Players to watch out for: demonfaze, fireballz

8. Disoblige - They really pulled themselves out of the TWLB slump they had been in and did well last season. They could definitely surprise me and do very well if some of their players get a tad more active.

Lineup: warportal, X Machine, bram, Phrenitis, Anon, Da1andonly, Eggs, Mantra?

9. Virtuosus - Virtuosus has a lot of potential and their top line is very good. They have the potential to pull off some upsets against squads like Spastic, Anti-Scrub, and Disoblige, as well as beating squads more in their league.

Lineup: menelvagor, Ewan, Legionair, hellkite, delta, Marchello, frozen throne, Enflame/HydroBuds/voth/el deputy/many more

Players to watch out for: hellkite, Legionair, delta, menelvagor

10. Penetrate - Much like Virtuosus, this squad is very young in a lot of ways but also, its top line is very very good. Virtuosus and Penetrate, like A-S and Spastic, are interchangeable in rank, and Penetrate is not to be underestimated by any squad.

Lineup: chino, Jeenyuss, Ignominy, lunch3, schope, pavement, Tsumetai, royst

Players to watch out for: sCHOPe, Jeenyuss/Ignominy shark combo, Tsumetai

11. BasingCrew - The downfall of BC in this TWL will be the lack of a consistent terrier and the lack of sufficient practice in the off season. Additionally, maybe they're not deep enough simply cause their roster isn't big to show the line they need every game? I don't see BC as a middle-tier squad anymore, they're slipping into the lower-tier in my opinion. Their best players are sorta inactive.

Lineup: JeBu, Herik, synicle, leitz, ko you, trouper, Rauta, NL>Trigger

Players to watch out for: leitz, trouper, ko you, Herik

12. TeKs - And what a better way to end my predictions than with the underdog of basing. TeKs is a really good squad, I have a lot of respect for them simply because of how stable they are and the respect they play with. They're always going to be a threat of a really exciting upset, but championships contenders? I don't think so. I really wish it would happen, though. Good luck, dudes.

Lineup: J_, dads revenge, Dah_Veed, Gz, Supreme Authority, Cryptic Wings, Bartman, Surpassed

Players to watch out for: Gz, dads revenge

Just my opinion, take it or leave it.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

too early to post predictions most players will change squads when twl is here
    1:cripple> guys i am sorry for all the inconvenience of my virginity that i have let out on this squadron, i love u all

1:Chief Utsav> please leave me alone

Comment

the penis with testes in a mouth is deez nuts:fear:
      Last edited by pascone; 01-13-2007, 09:19 PM.
      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

im buying myself for twlmb this will be my year
        8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
        8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
        8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
        8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
        8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
        8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Anything to end Pjotter's reign <_<

Comment

This TWLB season is certainly going to benefit from the 12 squad limit... and a tight 12 slots it will be. It is too early to predict, hell, we don't even know the exact start date, but it is a good idea to start looking and analysing these things.

The thing that bothers me are the people who post a statement like 'THIS IS TOO EARLY OMG AND IT IS HORRIBLE SLASH WRONG.' There's no stopping it, but really, what's the point of those pretentious and community destroying comments? Add some contributions. If you're not interested in the topic at hand, then you don't have to read it, nor reply.

The slow decline in population is not on the staff's shoulders, it rests on us all. This is just a forum, but it should stand as (and will benefit/has benefited in the past as) a metaphor of our enjoyment and entertainment of this game. There's no reason to be shy, there's no reason to feel as if your contribution is nothing... look at some of the things I've (not)contributed, they're certainly not literary masterpieces, but it shows at least some sort of effort on my part to give back to a great community that has given me a lot of entertainment over the last couple of years.

Back to the discussion at hand....
            As of now, A-S hasn't really shown enough to make a decent prediction about them... looking at their roster, and their less than stellar preformance last season, I wouldn't rank them so high. They have a tendancy to pull cinderella stories (but how many times can you really be a cinderella... really...), but I don't think this is an underdog season for them. They'll make the playoffs, but mostly on the basis of a solid shark pair and a faux-humble terrier who is the only remaining terrier that has the ability to consistantly change the tide of the match in his team's favor.

I would switch A-S with Syndicate, and Mambo with Spastic.
            I think you're looking in the wrong direction in regards to Spastic's shine of their line. I haven't seen Mattey terrier as of late, but I highly doubt Pure_Luck is going to let anyone else terr in important games. Mattey is, and always will be a valuable spider however (and a great shark to pair with). Flibb and Shayde however are the big guns of Spastic's entire lineup. Stab and PH are a solid pair, but it's Flibb and Shayde that allow PH and Stab the opportunity to do some of the things they're able to do. Give me the camper crap all you want, these are smart spiders, who have the ability to lead spastic into a championship match (depending on what the conferences are looking like).

BasingCrew, however embarassing their captain is for them, are a step ahead of the lower-tier squads. They'll show some great matches against squads like Penetrate, Virtuosus and Disoblige, and always have had the ability to pull an upset.

Comment

Mattey is very good at spider and shark yes, but I've watched him terr a few times and he's always been very good, and I'd say even better than PL. Whether or not PL let's him get the chance in TWLB, well, that is to be seen.

edit: good stuff, paul, nice to see not everyone is an idiot

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

cripples a starting spider for dice
                Dice
                TWLB Champions Season 8
                TWLJ Champions Season 8
                TWLB Champions Season 10
                TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
                  cripples a starting spider for dice
                  I'm so sorry you have to deal with that...

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
                    cripple
                    I agree, but
                    cripple = eke?

or where is eke?

Comment

no no

Cripple = Stamen = Ef = Pad = The manwoman that cybered Sumpson to get on BC, remember?

Eke = Iory = Lost_Shadow .. eke is retired I think, unless he's aliased somewhere.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

who's max b?
                        1:Ease> i probably am gay
                        1:Ease> i just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                          8^O8=====D~~ (Cape?)
                          if u can't tell by the nutz on a chin and a jizzing cock it's deez nuts
                          1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                          1:Cower> Sword
                          1:Kthx> ok
                          1:Cower> Axe
                          1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                          1:Cower> ?
                          1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by Phiz View Post
                            who's max b?
                            max boobs
                            TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                            TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                            Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                            1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                            4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                            1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Suede is gone to the army, so count him out for starting line and add totem.
                              ?
                              ¿

Comment

Working...
                              X