Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ekko invited me to come and argue in this post, though I don't agree with him in any way judging by his posts.

While I do agree that neither Ancients or Rampage was wronged in any way, I must say that if you were to invite us to TWLB and increse the amount of squads, you would receive, at least for Rampage's part, an active basing squad which would turn up for matches and actually give some of the better squads some trouble at times.

I'm not making any requests here, just telling you that it might actually be good for TWLB to take two extra squads this year since the candidates are good.

Thanks.
    jee

Comment

I sympathise wholly with Ancients'+Rampages' case for an extension of 14 team TWLB.

However, if you saw how hard Penetrate fought against good teams, Mambo and Pandora alike, you would be slightly altered in your lowly opinion of them.

As for virtuosus -- yawwnnn...

Comment

When are our caps gonna be contacted?
        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

As for Blood's anekdote.

I agree with him.

Plus: if you would make an exception for TWLB you could do the same for TWLD. Ancients, Warpath, Rival and maybe some other squad could actually increase competition as well in TWLD.

I still dont see the benefits of reducing TWL teams at forehand!! Leaving out good competitors in each competition is kinda sad in fact, serves no ones interest. How about granting some wildcards? (Put that in a TWL rule, that TWL ops can give two wildcards or something)
          Winner of TWDL Scrotals
          Winner of TWT Melee
          Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

Most of this emo rage would be avoided if TWL didnt take several months to start. Month max between twls should be enough. Reset twd ladder at the start of twl or playoffs or after quarterfinals or whatever, would be plenty of time for it to get stable.

The old excuse for twl taking forever to start was something like "it will make twl matter more". Well, it's not like you are going to use your twl "achievements" in CV or something so it's a moot point. Leagues are the only reason left to play ss for many and when you know that next league is like half a year away it's pointless to even login.
            TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
            TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
            TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
            TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

Originally posted by shayde View Post
              Only people complaining about the 12 team limit is the people that didnt make it. Go figure. Nobody really makes a fuss about it untill twd lock and they didnt get into twl. Go figure. Ekko you didnt get enough points to secure your position in twl its no reason to complain to anyone but your own squad. TWL isnt just about skill its about points just like gen said. If you dont have the skill to get big points from matches then you can go around that by playing more matches against low ranked squads. Thats how its worked dont act so surprised when you see it happen. Either way you have to figure out how your going to get those points and do so. You didnt do that so dont complain. One thing i do agree with is too many squads were auto-invited into twl. A few were invited that dont belong in twlb at all anymore due to inactivity or the fact they just dont have basers. The fact that they dont play twbd anymore should prove that. But rules are rules so hope we have a good twl with the set of rules we have been provided with this twl. CHEERS to those that made it!
              In the TWLB qualifying thread weeks ago I was argueing along with many other people that LB should be extended to 14 teams. I just restated my opinion here and it just so happens more people read/decided to respond in this thread.

I never said we were lamed just pointed out that we didn't have the option of playing those last few games to secure our spot right before the lock. It was a wild guessing game of how many points we'd have to hoard to make sure that the squad would wake up on Monday and know we had made it, we shouldn't have had to do that after proving the entire season we were more then good enough for TWLB.

Gen I'm not asking for sympathy from anyone. I'm asking the TWL ops to make the sensible decision to allow competent squads to compete rather then have their members members defected to "Virtuousous and others"

PaulO How can I just take this as a lesson learned when this decision is just going to kill my squad? Oh better luck next year when you're all on different squads and your squad is dead. Last year they made it 16 teams again for sk8 and that other squad that got aced every game. This season we can't do it for two deserving squads? I guess we don't have as many TWL ops on our squad.

Anyways you say auto-qualifications were supposed to promote squad loyalty and squads staying together, the limits you keep imposing on the number of teams in TWL is just killing that idea.
              carpe diem

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
                I sympathise wholly with Ancients'+Rampages' case for an extension of 14 team TWLB.

However, if you saw how hard Penetrate fought against good teams, Mambo and Pandora alike, you would be slightly altered in your lowly opinion of them.
                While we were beating them tho Hehe just pointed that out. Anyways, Penetrate played well and deserved their spot. Cant say we didnt try, but we just didnt make it this time. Should have played more and earlier. Rules are rules but even then i think there's more decents squads in basing than 12. But we all knew it's 12 beforehand so it's just something to deal with. Making basing a league for 14 teams would make it longer than wb/jav, meaning the playoffs would start at different weeks. Which actually wouldnt be that bad. Oh well.. maybe next season! Well if there'll be any next season for me GL everyone!
                Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                Server> dont worry mirror
                Server> shark fits your tits
                Peace <ZH>> shut up
                Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                1:Hercules> im level 90
                1:Hercules> in 9d
                1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Only people complaining about the 12 team limit is the people that didnt make it. Go figure. Nobody really makes a fuss about it untill twd lock and they didnt get into twl. Go figure. Ekko you didnt get enough points to secure your position in twl its no reason to complain to anyone but your own squad. TWL isnt just about skill its about points just like gen said. If you dont have the skill to get big points from matches then you can go around that by playing more matches against low ranked squads. Thats how its worked dont act so surprised when you see it happen. Either way you have to figure out how your going to get those points and do so. You didnt do that so dont complain. One thing i do agree with is too many squads were auto-invited into twl. A few were invited that dont belong in twlb at all anymore due to inactivity or the fact they just dont have basers. The fact that they dont play twbd anymore should prove that. But rules are rules so hope we have a good twl with the set of rules we have been provided with this twl. CHEERS to those that made it!
                  no offense, but im pretty sure spastic didnt make any league, and even if they did they wouldn't have done anything special in those leagues anyway... so im pretty sure your opinions based on whos complaining or not really doesnt matter, because frankly you didnt try to make twl so you shouldnt try to bash those that did, active squads are keeping this zone alive far more than a squad full of staffers that maybe host an event every once in a while that no one cares about except pubbers
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Paky Dude View Post
                    Thanks have a nice night, and sorry to unleash and Rival who should've deserved to be in.

then give your spot to them...
                    Originally Posted by Izor
                    The best solution for this is to simply not play squads who have people caught cheating

everyone agree that once the staffers catch someone cheating they wont get to play, instead of evading the ban and rejoining that squad on an alias, then cheating again.
                    Originally Posted by Wark <ER>
                    My thought is, if you even suspect a certain player of cheating, I don't want that sort of attention to my squad, and would probaly blacklist them.

Comment

First of all I won't complain about my squad not making twlb. We obviously didn't have the activity to even play enough good squads to make it in.

However, I will say this: you have missed the point entirely. TWL teams are NOT supposed to be the teams that simply have points on some arbitrary system. TWL teams are supposed to be the best of the best. Rather than point to the principle, you have confused the system that helps us determine who the best squads are with the fact that the intention is to find the best squads. That said, if trench wars thinks a squad that plays 5 easy squads a day with an Ave Rating of <1000 to get into TWL is better than one squad who barely misses a point cutoff with an average rating of 1200 or so, then I think trench wars's definition of a good squad is a bit skewed.

It is an extremely flawed and inactive point of view to say that a system is not flawed and then use that system to back up your opinion. For example: "The point system isn't flawed. You only didn't make TWL because you didn't have enough points!" This doesn't say anything about how the system is flawed or not. It only says that based on the current system a particular squad didn't pass the criteria. I think what people are getting at here is that those criteria for "passing" into TWL are flawed. and I agree.

That said, I haven't thought of a good way to address the issue. I just thought I'd help people to understand what the argument is, what it isn't, and what it should be if there is to be one.
                      -Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                        no offense, but im pretty sure spastic didnt make any league, and even if they did they wouldn't have done anything special in those leagues anyway... so im pretty sure your opinions based on whos complaining or not really doesnt matter, because frankly you didnt try to make twl so you shouldnt try to bash those that did, active squads are keeping this zone alive far more than a squad full of staffers that maybe host an event every once in a while that no one cares about except pubbers
                        Huh? Spastic was auto-invited and even if we weren't we were ranked 2nd on the ladder and would have re-qualified anyway. We were quite active in TWBD, TWDD, and TWJD but due largely to the fact we didn't play only squads like Brainwave we didn't make LD or LJ. I don't see any Spasticers whining about that, though.

Comment

I think the bottom-feeding could be averted if you made the ratings a tighter range: i.e. make it so that playing a squad more than 250 points lower than your own results in 1 or 0 points, instead of whatever % or constant it is now.

As for adding more teams, that's probably something to look at after this season is over so we can compare this season to previous ones.

EDIT: the reason I think this will work is because if you look at chess, the ladder this system is mimicing, it's much riskier to play someone a few hundred points lower, since a) there are more people who play chess and b) therefore there is less of a skill gap in a 500 point or so range. Since we are dealing with a much smaller sample size and a shorter time period for the ladder to operate, decreasing the "effective" range means in order to get points you need to take a higher risk of losing, therefore keeping squads from "laming" their way to the top.
                          -Dave

Comment

4n... you don't explain who is a better squad than others. what REALLY makes unleash/rival better than savenger? this way it is based on something, whether you think its good or not. the point is, savenger was ranked #3 at the time.. they had a lot more than the rest.
                            violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                            [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                              4n... you don't explain who is a better squad than others. what REALLY makes unleash/rival better than savenger? this way it is based on something, whether you think its good or not. the point is, savenger was ranked #3 at the time.. they had a lot more than the rest.
                              there. ^
                              https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                              1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                              1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                              1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                              1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                              1:soild>they can say what they like
                              1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                              1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                                so you continue to forget about that other squad that has NO returning starters from last season and is a completely different squad that really hasnt proven anything this twd season

Squad!!

oh but they made playoffs last season right? because clearly staff giving them that free playoff spot over quicksand and almost -f- last year definately had no future implications right? haha
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X