TWLB - Disoblige vs Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonas

Oh yes he most certainly has. Ephinephrine is the king of basing. I see him base all the time. And I remember when I took a break from TW a year or two ago...huh, good thing Ephinephrine was around then, to gain that much needed experience.

Zero Hour was such a good basing squad... And no offense, but Mitch didn't even terr.
    Was I talking about basing? He's talking about individual skill, which you obviously under-estimate fully.

Zero Hour was a VERY good basing squad. We were #2 in TWBT, we beat cripples, and were un-deafeated until Mitch and I left.
    I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

i was jav for them jonas

Comment

I think that when you tell us 2d that your lag make you miss many shots might be true. But keep in mind it gives you a lot of advantages, personally I play on my DSL (140 MS. S2C: 0.1% C2S 0.1%), but when I play on my father's PC, lame 56k modem (450 MS S2C: 0.2% C2S 0.3%-0.5%).

I can't even play jav there, I know I'll miss critical shots somehow, that's why I play spider. Remember that I'll eat a lot of bullets and I'll be a shield. So I rush on the flag, and keep firing like a kamikaze, but when the ships start jumping, I start scoring.
        It happened many times before, I just started firing a long line of bullets and I just cleaned the FR alone.

I think 2d's arguments might be truth, but they cannot be accepted. If you know you lag, and that lag doesn't help you, why playing jav? BECAUSE YOU KNOW IT GIVES YOU A LOT OF ADVANTAGES!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let's talk about the rosters of Disoblige vs Light.

Light:

- Spiders: DUMBRIT!! ( A skilled spider in fr, can do a lot of dmg)
        Spybreak! ( My buddy and an intelligent spider, beware)
        Stab (I don't know if your good, show your stuff)
        Domi ( Light's best spider -nt-)

- Jav: 2dragons ( A veteran with a brain, might lag-out )
        Domi ( Won't lag-out, and very skilled too )

- Terrier: Mitch ( Altrough you might whine a lot mitch, I still find you good, but you count a little too much on your sharks )
        Spybreak! ( 50% of mitch's style, you lost a part of your terring skills, but with adrenaline, I would pick you )

- Sharks: Fireballz ( I never taught fbz would be such a good shark)
        Hannes ( A better choice then destroy )
        Destroy ( Read above )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disoblige:

- Spiders: Ghost Child ( Brillant spider, he owns $ )
        Raspi ( A spider god, beware )
        X Machine ( Say your prayers... )
        Jonas ( Excellent spider/shark )

- Jav: BoKi ( $$$$$ )
        Thundermare ( Time to cry )

- Terrier: Warportal ( TW's best terrier -nt- )

- Sharks: Miau ( Usefull shark, a lot of talent )
        Jonas ( Can spider/shark, along with mantra, $ )
        Mantra-Slider ( No escape llamas )

In overall, Disoblige has an better roster, altrough Light's roster is impressive. With lagouts, Disoblige wins this.

I like this post, make more predictions, and stop shiting yourselves, sometimes I think I'm speaking with 3 years old boys.
        When you strive hard to learn knowledge, you discover that you simply lost your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby
          He's talking about individual skill, which you obviously under-estimate fully.
          No, you were talking about experience. Read your own post:
          Ya, you forgot to mention that Epinephrine has more experience then you do by far.

Zero Hour was a VERY good basing squad. We were #2 in TWBT, we beat cripples, and were un-deafeated until Mitch and I left.
          Who was first again?

Originally posted by Mitch
          i was jav for them jonas
          Ok, I dare you to jav now.
          "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

the only ship i can play with one hand is terr.... i dont want to reprogram my gamepad to let me jav because i like terr and i'm lazy

Comment

Thank you Mythrandir for helping clarify. Yes you are correct I C it as a big disadvantage as I can't hardly provide any personal benefit and I can't do the job of a jav for my team (ie: killing the terrier, hitting incomming enemies,etc...)

My lag is just right where I can make it through the entrance with only 1-3 spider hits. While in base spiders do hit me. I do often times have energy 300 or below.

As to why my squad keeps playing me I don't know for sure. I like playing, I like trying to help my squad.

I think this case is pretty much closed and I can't wait for summer to be over. This is old.
              TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
              TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
              TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine

If you honestly believe you guys can outduel Light in the spiders in lower base, and you actually go about doing it... say goodbye to your perfect record, and I'd like to change my prediction on twleagues.org.

-Epi
                Jonas, he's talking about individual skill, and I said he knows much more then you do. (ALSO KNOWN AS: EXPERIENCE) .. tard.

Originally posted by Jonas

Who was first again?
                You were, and we never got to play you, until after Mitch and I left, and then ZH got beat, but not bad.

Comment

2D just so you know you are missing the point completely of why your lag is unfair, at least as far as I see it. It doesn't matter if you had 0 kills or 200 kills. Your lag is a problem because it turns your ship into a shield for all of your teammates. Your ship flies through unharmed and sucks up all the bullets that if you hadn't lagged would have either killed you or if you dodged them they would have gone through and killed your teammates. Instead, you stay alive and get a shot off (even if you can't really aim it well it still has a good chance of killing someone) and all your spiders behind you get to press forward with a bullet absorbing shield in front of them. Even after you die you don't die on anyone elses screen but rather slowly fade out as your dead ship carcass continues to suck up all the spider bullets in the arena. Honestly I wasn't there at the match so I'm not saying your lag won the game, but that's the main problem with lag, and why I think we need some sort of lag restriction so players can't lag out of a game once every minute and continue playing.

I know having a bad connection sucks. Believe me I played on a modem for many years, but I think we seriously need a limit on the number of times a person can lag out in a game.
                  Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 07-17-2002, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brookus

That is an amazing reply Ruby. You took my last statement and repeated it. You should be on a debate team.

When have I *ever* said I was any good at this game? You once claimed I have an ego. If I did, I'd be pleased that someone noticed (isn't that the point of an ego). However, it's not. Frankly, I think I'm a shitty shark, bad wb dueler (unless you count spawning and straying as skills), possibly the worst jav this game has ever seen, an average spider (but from last night's performance, I'd downgrade that to shitty), and, at my best, an average terr. The main reason why teams I terr win (when they do win), is because they are good. Their skill makes me look better than I am.
                    Brookus, If i was half as good of a spider as you i would be happy. And in a basing game, id pick you as a terr over 99% of the other terrs out there.
                    :yawn:

Comment

• On a completely similar topic, has anyone thought about how lag will factor into this match? I'm not speaking of 2dragons, though. As I said, this match has the chance to hit 100+ spectators. We saw Light have problems keeping their more laggy players in during the Anti-Scrub match. With that many spectators (the cause of those lagouts, according to several on Light), they could very well have even worse problems in this match.

Since, I believe, the players that lagged out of the A-S match the most were fbz, Phyre, and destroy (maybe? don't remember who else), it might not be that big of an issue for this match. Hannes will play for destroy and Domi will replace Phyre in jav. Fbz may have problems though. Who knows. We shall see. Just something more to think about

llater,
                      Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by brookus
                        On a completely similar topic, has anyone thought about how lag will factor into this match? I'm not speaking of 2dragons, though. As I said, this match has the chance to hit 100+ spectators. We saw Light have problems keeping their more laggy players in during the Anti-Scrub match. With that many spectators (the cause of those lagouts, according to several on Light), they could very well have even worse problems in this match.

Since, I believe, the players that lagged out of the A-S match the most were fbz, Phyre, and destroy (maybe? don't remember who else), it might not be that big of an issue for this match. Hannes will play for destroy and Domi will replace Phyre in jav. Fbz may have problems though. Who knows. We shall see. Just something more to think about

llater,
                        Tony
                        Naw, fbz just has a little more ping then I do. Acid fixed the Basing arenas so when someone specs you, it doesn't cause lag. Fbz, and the rest of light have noticed this, and fbz hasn't lagged out since that A-S match. Kudos to Acid, Great Job.

Comment

• Originally posted by brookus
                          possibly the worst jav this game has ever seen
                          Remember when we played all jav basing in bluewire? You took backup MVP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Verthanthi
                            Remember when we played all jav basing in bluewire? You took backup MVP!
                            Bluewire is easy (except for terr). Rocket -> Fire bomb at random -> get points. :P

llater,
                            Tony

Comment

• 2D just so you know you are missing the point completely of why your lag is unfair, at least as far as I see it. It doesn't matter if you had 0 kills or 200 kills. Your lag is a problem because it turns your ship into a shield for all of your teammates.
                              Aye I can see that and I've accepted that, but no one has accepted the other side. As with a good connection I can not kill the terrier anywhere close to what I used to, so right there is a hamper on my team. I can't kill near as well people comming up base, a hamper on my team. So we get a benefit from my "shield" which I must add I could still do that a lot with no lag, but also we lose a lot.

I think we seriously need a limit on the number of times a person can lag out in a game.
                              I've agreed on that - I believe the topic is TWLB - Lag Limit
                              or something like that, you can't miss it. See what you think.
                              TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                              TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                              TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

• Originally posted by 2dragons

Aye I can see that and I've accepted that, but no one has accepted the other side. As with a good connection I can not kill the terrier anywhere close to what I used to, so right there is a hamper on my team. I can't kill near as well people comming up base, a hamper on my team. So we get a benefit from my "shield" which I must add I could still do that a lot with no lag, but also we lose a lot.

I've agreed on that - I believe the topic is TWLB - Lag Limit
                                or something like that, you can't miss it. See what you think.

I can't escape the fact that Light is a team that wants to win at all costs. Knowing that, why would they knowing play someone who's going to be hindering their team in important matches? Something just doesn't add up here if you lagging is such a horrible thing for your team.

-Epi
                                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                                X