6 squads in playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 squads in playoffs?

I understand the number TWL squads have been cut down to 12, but how are the 6 playoff squads going to play each other out..?

From what I understand it will go in either of the two ways:

Two squads automatically advance to semi-finals and other four battle it out between themselves (sounds unfair?)

Or the six squads battle each other out in first week of playoffs, then two of them play each other and one advances to finals (sounds unfair?)

The advancement system based on +/- in regular season is very immaterial of how a squad could perform in playoffs. If that's the way it's going to happen, expect a lot of hassle and complaining.

So how is it going to work? <_<
    Last edited by Ward; 02-25-2007, 06:46 AM.
    1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
    1:Cower> Sword
    1:Kthx> ok
    1:Cower> Axe
    1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
    1:Cower> ?
    1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Nice point Ward. However, there was a certain word that really made me think 'wow, he's some worthless dumbfuck who's trying so hard to use complex verbose in order to make his point seem more important.'

Originally posted by Ward View Post
    in regular season is very immaterial of how a squad could perform in playoffs
    Firstly 'immaterial' cannot be used in this sentence both semantically and grammatically. Secondly, something can't be 'very' immaterial. Immaterial is a definite, there cannot be any pre-adjectival determinant. A more appropriate word would have been 'misrepresentative.'
    Last edited by MetalHeadz; 02-25-2007, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Ok, I used immaterial instead of irrelevant, but sorry I don't check every inch of my grammar when I make a post in TW forums. "very" is just what I had in mind
      1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.

Comment

Ok, I used immaterial instead of irrelevant, but sorry I don't overlook every inch of my grammar when I make a post in TW forums. "very" is just what I had in mind
        I genuinely feel bad rofl.

Comment

Ok, I used immaterial instead of irrelevant, but sorry I don't check every inch of my grammar when I make a post in TW forums. "very" is just what I had in mind
          Yet you had to correct my 'automatication' when it was such a leet word..

Pay attention to your grammar if you have time to pay attention to other people's.
          3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
          3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
          3:i.d.> da fk is that?
          3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
          3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
          3:Shadowmere> LOL
          3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
          Shadowmere> Rofl
          Up in ya !> With his feet
          Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
          Up in ya !> l44t feet
          Deft> l44t f44t*
          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
          Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Two squads automatically advance to semi-finals and other four battle it out between themselves (sounds unfair?)
            What's unfair about that? Top 2 from regular season getting free ride to semi-finals sounds good to me. Now that every squad plays each other it's fine imo.

The advancement system based on +/- in regular season is very immaterial of how a squad could perform in playoffs. If that's the way it's going to happen, expect a lot of hassle and complaining.
            XI. Playoffs
            11.01 By the end of TWL regular season, if two teams have the same record, the playoff spot will be awarded to the team that defeated the other in the regular season.
            11.02 If more than two teams are tied, the winner of regular season games between them will get the spot (e.g. Team A beats Team B and C in regular season). If Team A beat B, B beat C, and C beat A, the team with the most total kills or most total time will be awarded the playoff spot.
            11.03 Any other subsequent amount of ties will be further discussed by TWL Operators.
            TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
            TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
            TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
            TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

Why just not have 8 team playoffs...1 big division....11 games season, 8 top teams go on to playoffs, 1v8 2v7 etc
              Originally posted by Disliked
              However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
              when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Originally posted by CrvenBan View Post
                Why just not have 8 team playoffs...1 big division....11 games season, 8 top teams go on to playoffs, 1v8 2v7 etc
                Yeah.. Playoffs always been great. More games, more fun, probably more possibilities of a big gun being out early.
                1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                1:Vitja> afk
                1:Underground> haha vit
                1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Originally posted by Underground View Post
                  Yeah.. Playoffs always been great. More games, more fun, probably more possibilities of a big gun being out early.
                  true

Comment

8 squads in playoffs is too much for a 12 squad league. 4 or 6 squads is good, except that with 6 squads you have to think of a way on how to drop 2 to 4 squads out, unless you go with a 1vs1vs1 final, which would be quite interesting.

Comment

The number 1 in each conference having 1 "bye round" in playoffs would be nice. That way you can drop from 6 to 4 squads.
                      Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson View Post
                        The number 1 in each conference having 1 "bye round" in playoffs would be nice. That way you can drop from 6 to 4 squads.
                        bad idea. cause then.. there goes the whole 'unbalance conference' arguement again.
                        1 + 1 = 1

Comment

perhaps, but fighting 11 weeks for #1 doesnt really pay off now.

plus, the unbalanced conferences is no argument if you ask all captains which squads they rank highest and balance conferences that way like last season.
                          Only the loyal count.

Comment

Vihta you're talking about a rule that decides who makes playoffs, we're not talking about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson View Post
                              perhaps, but fighting 11 weeks for #1 doesnt really pay off now.

plus, the unbalanced conferences is no argument if you ask all captains which squads they rank highest and balance conferences that way like last season.
                              yes.. like last season. when tons of posts were made about getting rid of the conferences, even tho it was the caps that made the conferences.

i dont see whats so bad about just taking the 2 squads that have the 2 best rec overall.
                              1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Working...
                              X