No announcement yet.

6 squads in playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving first-round byes in the system we currently have is way better than giving byes in the conference system because now every squad plays one another in the regular season so the seedings will be more accurate. I still think we should do an 8 team playoff anyway just to make it more exciting.

Comment

the top two teams in each league will get a bye as a reward to having the best regular season. this way, squads won't lose interest as they are already playoffs qualified. if there were 8 teams, only 4 teams wouldn't make the playoffs... what would be the point of the regular season?
      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

(a) V (b) - (c) V (d) - (e) V (f)

Winner of AB, Winner of CD and Winner of EF all play eachother, top two with most kills qualify to final.

Don't say 'what if a squad has a bad round' - they shouldn't be having a bad round if they're in the semi-finals.

Btw, is this up for discussion? What system will be exercised as it is currently?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
          Nice point Ward. However, there was a certain word that really made me think 'wow, he's some worthless dumbfuck who's trying so hard to use complex verbose in order to make his point seem more important.'
          "Complex verbose" makes no sense. "Verbose" is an adjective and cannot be used as a noun.
          Originally posted by MetalFukz
          Firstly 'immaterial' cannot be used in this sentence both semantically and grammatically. Secondly, something can't be 'very' immaterial. Immaterial is a definite, there cannot be any pre-adjectival determinant. A more appropriate word would have been 'misrepresentative.'
          Grammatically he was slightly incorrect - semantically it does make sense. He should have said, "The advancement system based on +/- in regular season is immaterial to how a squad will perform in playoffs."

Based on your post and your history of idiocy I would say that you're both A.) non-native English speaker and B.) stupid. So please, spare us all your "lessons" in grammar and vocabulary.

Comment

Ez

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Hepaticocholangiocholecystentersotomies

Aopadotenachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrinhipotri mmatosilphioparaomelitok-atakechymenokichlepikossyphophattoperisteralektrio noptekephalliokigklopeleiolagoi-osiraiovaphetraganopterygon

Antidisestablishmentarianism

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
              "Complex verbose" makes no sense. "Verbose" is an adjective and cannot be used as a noun.

Grammatically he was slightly incorrect - semantically it does make sense. He should have said, "The advancement system based on +/- in regular season is immaterial to how a squad will perform in playoffs."
              Ok, I accept the verbose comment - I was unsure of it's actual word form as I've heard it misused in conversation many times.

The main essence of what I was trying to say was that it was an overly complex word in a bid to make himself look more intellectual when infact the point carried itself.
              Immaterial does not make semantical sense, unless you warp the general goal posts of linguistic understanding to a state where anything can be explained by some illogical route of creative insanity.

Based on your post and your history of idiocy I would say that you're both A.) non-native English speaker and B.) stupid. So please, spare us all your "lessons" in grammar and vocabulary.
              Based on my post? Ok, I was illinformed about the exact word-type of 'verbose'

History of idiocy? Hmm, evidence?

non-native English speaker? Refering to my first point, I was slightly confused about a word type, very irrational evaluation of such a minor 'offence'.

stupid? I'm not going to give you my academic credentials but I'm pretty sure they're better than yours : )

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
                Ok, I accept the verbose comment - I was unsure of it's actual word form as I've heard it misused in conversation many times.
                K.
                Originally posted by MetalPussy
                The main essence of what I was trying to say was that it was an overly complex word in a bid to make himself look more intellectual when infact the point carried itself.
                How is "immaterial" an overly complex word? It seems to me, and everyone else, that you're more guilty of that than he is when you use words that you aren't even sure what part of speech they are.
                Originally posted by MetalDumz
                Immaterial does not make semantical sense, unless you warp the general goal posts of linguistic understanding to a state where anything can be explained by some illogical route of creative insanity.
                Well congratulations, you made yourself look even more confused and stupid. Creative insanity? Immaterial means irrelevant. You don't have to be creative to understand what he said - it makes perfect sense. I'm sorry you've never heard the word before.
                Originally posted by MetalSmartz
                stupid? I'm not going to give you my academic credentials but I'm pretty sure they're better than yours : )
                I doubt you've graduated high school so why are you starting this conversation?

Comment

i want 8 teams in the playoffs.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Seed it

A nice solution for conferences is to just seed them based on regular season play. Conference 1: #1,#3, #5 Conference 2: #2, #4, #6. Seeding based on wins/losses in regular season. Tiebreaker coming from head to head or points spread. #1 and #2 taking a bye week in their conferences, respectively.
                    Last edited by Plasma; 02-25-2007, 07:21 PM. Reason: .
                    Strid3r> We dont have enough players..
                    Da Man> Spec
                    A2m> alright all spec!
                    Strid3r> thanks bro
                    Strid3r in for Idoneus
                    ------- GAME OVER -------
                    Idoneus vs. Shriek: 1 - 0
                    Idoneus wins this game!

Do Eht!

Comment

Immaterial - grade 6 word that isn't used a lot. How about addressing the actual issue and not derailing the topic to some useless English lessons
                      1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                      1:Cower> Sword
                      1:Kthx> ok
                      1:Cower> Axe
                      1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                      1:Cower> ?
                      1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by Plasma View Post
                        A nice solution for conferences is to just seed them based on regular season play. Conference 1: #1,#3, #5 Conference 2: #2, #4, #6. Seeding based on wins/losses in regular season. Tiebreaker coming from head to head or points spread. #1 and #2 taking a bye week in their conferences, respectively.
                        I'm not sure what you mean by this, a second round after regular season?

If this is playoffs then 3 would play against 5 (and 2 against 4) and that's just wrong.
                        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                        3 league vet

Comment

It would be kinda interesting to have 8 teams and possibly do a 2 loss elimination style playoff. Some teams are very good and have a bad day and don't get to show what they're really made of and some fluke teams that really don't deserve to move to the next round end up being there. Double elim style playoffs could somewhat fix that and make everything truly fair. Everyone starts in the "winners bracket", losers of the first games drop to the "losers bracket". At this point you have 4 team in each bracket. Winners bracket teams play each other, likewise in losers bracket. Again, winners bracket game losers drop to losers bracket, losers bracket game losers are out. And repeat until you have one team left in winners bracket and one team left in losers bracket. Then the final...the winners bracket team has to lose twice to be out, whereas the losers bracket finalists only get one chance.
                          oar> anyone in here good with math?
                          Ignominy> o+a+r=suck

kid kaos> da fuk u doin on ignites squad
                          Sention> YO KK WTF U DOING OUT OF JAIL?!

1:Mantra-Slider> HI MY NAME IS AUDIT AND I DONT REALISE ITS HARD TO PLEASE 25 GUYS AT THE SAME TIME

Displaced> audit is just the king of cool ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19 View Post
                            I'm not sure what you mean by this, a second round after regular season?

If this is playoffs then 3 would play against 5 (and 2 against 4) and that's just wrong.
                            let me clarify. seed #3 vs #5 for quarter finals seed #4 and seed #6 for semis
                            SEMIFINAL ROUND: winner of #3 vs #5 plays #1 and winner of #4 and #6 plays #2.
                            FINAL ROUND (holla): Winners of semi 1 vs winners of semi 2

then. ?go twlj,twlb

Twl Season 10
                            Champions- Pandora
                            Caps- Sarger, Vatican Assassin, Mouse
                            Players- reputation, plasma, eelam,... etc.
                            Last edited by Plasma; 02-25-2007, 08:19 PM.
                            Strid3r> We dont have enough players..
                            Da Man> Spec
                            A2m> alright all spec!
                            Strid3r> thanks bro
                            Strid3r in for Idoneus
                            ------- GAME OVER -------
                            Idoneus vs. Shriek: 1 - 0
                            Idoneus wins this game!

Do Eht!

Comment

Originally posted by Plasma View Post
                              let me clarify. seed #2 vs #4 for quarter finals seed #3 and seed #6 for semis
                              SEMIFINAL ROUND: winner of #2 vs #4 plays #1 and winner of #3 and #6 plays #2.
                              FINAL ROUND (holla): Winners of semi 1 vs winners of semi 2

then. ?go twlj,twlb

Twl Season 10
                              Champions- Pandora
                              Caps- Sarger, Vatican Assassin, Mouse
                              Players- reputation, plasma, eelam,... etc.
                              And Team #5 gets ignored altogether :P
                              oar> anyone in here good with math?
                              Ignominy> o+a+r=suck

kid kaos> da fuk u doin on ignites squad
                              Sention> YO KK WTF U DOING OUT OF JAIL?!

1:Mantra-Slider> HI MY NAME IS AUDIT AND I DONT REALISE ITS HARD TO PLEASE 25 GUYS AT THE SAME TIME

Displaced> audit is just the king of cool ;)

Comment

quarters: A: 3v6, B: 4v5
                                semis: C: 1vB, D: 2vA
                                finals: CvD

that's the way it's supposed to go
                                6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                                3 league vet

Comment

Working...
                                X