X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SERENITY NOW
    SERENITY NOW

Comment

this is totally fair, jupes (as far as I know) only happens when someone rams a mine on the flag, if it was your team that did it, then tough, but if it was other team, then good move them.. jupe happens when someone rams a mine near flag so, it is all how it is played, nothing unfair about it..
      1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
      1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
      1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
      1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
      1:exquisite> like zzzzz
      1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
      1:exquisite> ya
      1:Ease> try skipping school
      1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
      1:Kian> LOL EASE
      1:Collusion> LOOL
      1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
        Epi, I sympathise with your appeal but there's a few grammatical inconsistancies within your above articles which puts me off you.

Firstly let me make it clear that I would not give a shit about whether you'd made linguistic errors had you not put on this 'intellectual' facade to try and boost the worthiness of your case. However, as you sound and type like a fuckin douche I feel like picking you up. See this as education if you wish.

Let's start from the beginning:
        1) 'I guess I must have missed it because I was so busy lately, and whenever I logged on, no one seemed to know what the decision was.'

- Incorrect usage of subordination and the usage of 'and' and commars in this instance is not grammatically acceptable.

2) 'basingcrew managed to re-enter the flag room, but yet we persisted, hovering over the flag and defending it to the death.'

- See above

3) '. And so the'

- Horrible dude, seriously. You can't start a sentence with 'And'.

4) 'No explaination given, nothing.'

- Sp. explanation
        - The noun 'nothing' acts to negate the previous statement. However, it is a common American colloquialism so I'll let this one go.

5) ' it... but'

- Idiosyncratic misuse of fullstop for which I suppose was intended to emphasise a gap. Very tacky. Work on it.

6) 'completely and catagorically'

- 'Completely' and 'categorically' are effectively synonyms so to use both adjectives simultaneously actually adds very little.
        - Sp. categorically. It's just ironic that you would go out of your way to use another worthless adjective and then mispell it. Jesus you're something else.

Zzz

Syndicate suck at basing, so let's not get too worked up about it.

GG
        Originally posted by Tone
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
        Originally posted by the_paul
        Gargle battery acid fuckface
        Originally posted by Material Girl
        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I'm sorry this happened Epi, and I know I don't need to tell you this, but shit happens...

Pascone dealt with it appropriately, although I believe he should have given you the honest answer of: This is how it was dealt with in the past, and this is why.
          Yes, the reasoning may seem a bit weird, but it's legit, and because of it, it is what it is. Next season this rule should give the host of the match the responsibility to determine whether the juping was purposeful or not. Yes, it will cause a lot of controversy, but does this not as well?

If you have any other suggestions, add them here. It is what it is Epi, and it sucks I know, but perhaps we can work through this for the future to avoid potential playoff-clinching games to become skewed.

Comment

What if the game was replayed because of a jupe. Wouldn't you be frustrated if u were the team that won? It happens on both sides. it's perfectly fine as it is now.

Comment

Oh shit, I have more material to work with.
              Thank you for finally giving me a legitimate reason to ignore you. I read your first sentence about how you wanted to show off your poor linguistic skills, while contributing NOTHING to this thread, I laughed, and then laughed some more.

Ah, now I know where my headaches were coming from when reading the forums... it wasn't Eelam after all!

Comment

Metal Headz spelled 'fucking' wrong!
                TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
                TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
                TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
                ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

That's how Epinephrine talks in real life, so I don't see how it's an "intellectual facade" he puts on to sway opinion in his favour for this issue. I wouldn't want a doctor to speak otherwise, and to change from that manner would be more of a facade. Picking on grammar is usually a weak premise for an argument in most cases and weaker still when despite the faults, it's still cleaner than 99% of the stuff one usually finds. In particular, none of those faults are as embarrassing as spelling "commas" with an "r".

Comment

You're all a bunch of girls.

You all know the jupe is gay. It serves no purpose in a game intended to hold flag. Its a flaw that should be removed, just like Izor and the rest of quicksand.

Furthermore,
                    Jupe is about as useful as full charge greens would be in twld or shrap in twlj.
                    TWLJ Season 5 Champion
                    TWLJ Season 9 Champion - Syndicate
                    TWLD Season 10 Champion - Syndicate

Comment

re

Eph's argument makes no sense. Here's why, he is comparing it to a female being raped, but the thing is the female is being forced into having sexual relations, but no one forced your teammate to the ram the mine on top of the flag causing a flag jupe. Also, no matter what you say, you can not argue about the fact that your teammate rammed the mine by himself without anyone forcing him to. Thus, making it your teams fault and is not grounds for an appeal.
                      TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                      TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                      KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                      1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                      1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Epi, I sympathise with your appeal but there's a few grammatical inconsistancies within your above articles which puts me off you.

Firstly let me make it clear that I would not give a shit about whether you'd made linguistic errors had you not put on this 'intellectual' facade to try and boost the worthiness of your case. However, as you sound and type like a fuckin douche I feel like picking you up. See this as education if you wish.

Let's start from the beginning:
                        1) 'I guess I must have missed it because I was so busy lately, and whenever I logged on, no one seemed to know what the decision was.'

- Incorrect usage of subordination and the usage of 'and' and commars in this instance is not grammatically acceptable.

2) 'basingcrew managed to re-enter the flag room, but yet we persisted, hovering over the flag and defending it to the death.'

- See above

3) '. And so the'

- Horrible dude, seriously. You can't start a sentence with 'And'.

4) 'No explaination given, nothing.'

- Sp. explanation
                        - The noun 'nothing' acts to negate the previous statement. However, it is a common American colloquialism so I'll let this one go.

5) ' it... but'

- Idiosyncratic misuse of fullstop for which I suppose was intended to emphasise a gap. Very tacky. Work on it.

6) 'completely and catagorically'

- 'Completely' and 'categorically' are effectively synonyms so to use both adjectives simultaneously actually adds very little.
                        - Sp. categorically. It's just ironic that you would go out of your way to use another worthless adjective and then mispell it. Jesus you're something else.

Zzz

Syndicate suck at basing, so let's not get too worked up about it.

GG
                        hahaha where the hell did this come from
                        Originally posted by Ward
                        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Ok, seeing as we all have to contribute in a conformist manner (Paul), here's my little bit of information which kinda flaws this topic.

Neither Syndicate or BasingCrew can make TWLB Playoffs so it's more work for staff members concerning lower tier, inconsequential squads (within this League).
                          Last edited by MetalHeadz; 04-29-2007, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I'll just second what PO said. The jupe has been known for several seasons now. And it's thought to be caused in the way described before: ramming of an mine. There really isn't anything to be done about it in terms of "getting rid of the bug", at least not at the moment.

Ruling was fair although it seems like pascone did a poor job of conveying an adequate response and explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatiq View Post
                              SERENITY NOW
                              SERENITY NOW
                              good awnser let's anal.

seriously, did you talk to Falk today? If he gave his word and your appeal got denied, he should explain why. It's not like syndicate is going to appeal if nothing happened, the host of the game should have noticed it that's why we have human supervision. It's like you said eph, it's a big mistake.

Just live with it, isn't the solution guys.
                              Replay the match!
                              some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                              1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                              1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                                I'm sorry this happened Epi, and I know I don't need to tell you this, but shit happens...

Pascone dealt with it appropriately, although I believe he should have given you the honest answer of: This is how it was dealt with in the past, and this is why.
                                Yes, the reasoning may seem a bit weird, but it's legit, and because of it, it is what it is. Next season this rule should give the host of the match the responsibility to determine whether the juping was purposeful or not. Yes, it will cause a lot of controversy, but does this not as well?

If you have any other suggestions, add them here. It is what it is Epi, and it sucks I know, but perhaps we can work through this for the future to avoid potential playoff-clinching games to become skewed.
                                Well I know the appeal wasn't going to be reversed anyway, but my point stands. If some team loses in the playoffs because of a flag jupe, are they going to get blammed for it and say 'well too bad, it's your fault, you lose the game even though you lost because of a game bug!'.

1/2 the people on Syndicate had never heard of what a flag jupe was or at the very least not how to prevent it (including the person who actually hit that mine, Fireballz) as they aren't hardcore 24/7 basers. I myself have been playing this game for 7 years and I had no idea that's what caused it until today.

I'm not sure how this can really be our fault when it's something that we didn't know about (and even if we did know about it... what if someone got repelled into a mine on top of a flag... would it be their fault for being repelled into a mine??). Considering how basing games usually are, and how tough flag room battles are, I really don't think this is any sort of argument.

Look I don't realistically think that particular game is going to get us into the playoffs or anything, but I still don't think it was fair. I haven't seen any reasons from anyone that this was fair at all. All I've heard is "hey you let them into the flagroom at the end anyway", except... we only did because 1/2 our team was hovering around the flag so no one was defending because of the error! AND even though they got in.. they never actually even got to the flag, so who's to say that they would have got it back without us taking out their terrier if the game didn't end?

What would I like done? I don't need a replay, it doesn't matter to the overall stats. But perhaps a fair explanation an apology for a horrible decision which should have been a no-brainer is in order. And it would also be nice to actually have a rule saying that if there's a jupe, it's your fault so if you lose a game too bad. Yes this means changing rule 4.01:

" 4.01 If an unpredictable server crash, router failure, TWBot failure, or other event has a massive impact on a game in progress, the match will be cancelled and all current scores discarded. The game will then be replayed at a later time. (See Rules 4.02, 4.03 and 4.04)"

to show that a flag jupe isn't exactly an event that has 'a massive impact on a game in progress' and thus will be ignored.

And then it would be nice to have some information on how to avoid these things publically known and posted offically by the staff on this TWL forum and perhaps on the TWL site and the TWLB map. Then I would be satisfied.
                                Last edited by Epinephrine; 04-29-2007, 07:12 PM.
                                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                                X