Dumbest Staff Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
    Id be willign to gaurentee atleast 1 of them were on mambo also, and whos the 2nd, and why have a smod help make a call? They have nothing to do with TWL. And i think a big decision like this (sage losing a win that wasnt even affected) should of had some head TWL op input, and as far as i know P_L wasnt there, nor was Pascone.
    Pure_Luck and Pascone were not online at the time. There was a consensus amoung the TWL Ops online at the time to cancel all existing games and replay, the reason was that most of the player lag issues appeared to be fixed. Upper staffers and some Moderators were trying to get things organized. The only problem I see with what happened is that the decision was made across the board while only some of the effected games should have been replayed. But no rules were broken and no one acted out of line in the decision making process. It was very hectic on staff chat during these matches and I think it's better to learn from the mistakes here instead of trying to find someone to blame.

Comment

Only 2 people on the twl op list then that are capable and 1 just said he was only advising. Am I the only one who finds that disturbing?
      "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Rednaz, by what definitions do you find only 2 on that list capable?

Comment

Don't worry your pretty little head about it, you're not one of them
          "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Thank you for the compliment on my headular beauty, but I asked a legitimate question, what qualifications are there, as i may want to TRY to become a 'capable' TWL op.(in your opinion)

Comment

I think any kind of replay that takes a win away from a midlevle squad like Sage in LJ who will need every win they can get to try to sneak into playoffs, especialy vs Pandora should be made by a HEAD TWL op. Like i said, none of the games were affected except that one, but still thats a win sage lost bc TWL ops made a call to fast. They didnt investigate or even look into every game. It was clear the sage v pandora game had no lag issues. I'm not saying the head TWL ops would of decided differently, but i'm pretty sure id feel more comfurtable with the head guys makin a big call like that. They mite of just cost sage the playoffs.

Another interesting topic is. Why was it being talkd about on staff chat? Why do any of the <ZH>'s, mods, smods not in TWL staff even have a say in this? They are on TWL squasd who played at that hour. So why was it even hecktic on the staff chat?

What about the mambo game where they all hit esc+s bc there best jav laged out? Thats them quiting, not lagging. Yet they got a replay? Even if the games would be replayed, they should of atleat finished the game out till it was over or announced. Them quiting should of been an automatic loss.
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post
                Thank you for the compliment on my headular beauty, but I asked a legitimate question, what qualifications are there, as i may want to TRY to become a 'capable' TWL op.(in your opinion)
                Ill try to fill in then.

I think you should have been in staff for a couple of years, you should have played in or helped organise twl before, hosted twl games before, have a somewhat reasonable reputation out there so people at least know who you are and even if they dont always agree with your decisions at least they can respect it. Maybe even more importantly have respect among your fellow staffers. You should also try to be active and able to communicate with players and staffers both through forums or in game and listen to peoples complaints and demands.
                Originally posted by Tyson
                There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                Originally posted by HeavenSent
                Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                Originally posted by Izor
                Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I think any kind of replay that takes a win away from a midlevle squad like Sage in LJ who will need every win they can get to try to sneak into playoffs, especialy vs Pandora should be made by a HEAD TWL op. Like i said, none of the games were affected except that one, but still thats a win sage lost bc TWL ops made a call to fast. They didnt investigate or even look into every game. It was clear the sage v pandora game had no lag issues. I'm not saying the head TWL ops would of decided differently, but i'm pretty sure id feel more comfurtable with the head guys makin a big call like that. They mite of just cost sage the playoffs.
                  That would have been an ideal situation but again Pascone and Pure_Luck were not online. I agree individual games needed to be assessed but due to lack of communication and coordination the whole time slot was canceled.

Another interesting topic is. Why was it being talkd about on staff chat? Why do any of the <ZH>'s, mods, smods not in TWL staff even have a say in this? They are on TWL squasd who played at that hour. So why was it even hecktic on the staff chat?
                  Because staff members host the games and because 'TWL Staff' are regular staffers anyways. Again there was a consensus from TWL Ops online about replaying the games. Once that decision was made in accordance with the rules given that the lag issue appeared to be fixed it does not matter who does what, the point is to get the games going again. (If you disagree appeal it, email Pure_Luck and Pascone). So no, a ZH, Mod or SMod did not make that or any decision but in an operational capacity several people were online to help, and in the event a TWL Op is not online I am pretty sure a SMod could take the lead. I don't have to share any of this with you, I felt it would help though.

What about the mambo game where they all hit esc+s bc there best jav laged out? Thats them quiting, not lagging. Yet they got a replay? Even if the games would be replayed, they should of atleat finished the game out till it was over or announced. Them quiting should of been an automatic loss.
                  I think the Mambo game was the one most effected by lag. Almost the entire squad was lagging, I think they could field 2 or 3 players, no more. It really doesn't matter because it was going to be replayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
                    Ill try to fill in then.

I think you should have been in staff for a couple of years, you should have played in or helped organise twl before, hosted twl games before, have a somewhat reasonable reputation out there so people at least know who you are and even if they dont always agree with your decisions at least they can respect it. Maybe even more importantly have respect among your fellow staffers. You should also try to be active and able to communicate with players and staffers both through forums or in game and listen to peoples complaints and demands.
                    agreed, the current twl ops are just a joke cept for ck & kim and only one head twl op for this yr...

this is allrdy looking like a joke & we haven't even started yet.

btw why is staff being kept in the dark about the new twl ops / twd ops ?
                    whats the point of being in staff if noone shares info about stuff like this?
                    SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                    SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                    Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                    1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                    1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

For the record, I was leading the Sage vs. Pandora game, and I indicated on staff chat multiple times that in my opinion there was no reason to replay the Sage vs. Pandora game.
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                        For the record, I was leading the Sage vs. Pandora game, and I indicated on staff chat multiple times that in my opinion there was no reason to replay the Sage vs. Pandora game.
                        Boy thats pretty funny since kolar just said there wsa lack of communication on individual games. Seems rite here the host of the game strait out told u there was no lag YET it was replayed.

Kolar : Whats the big deal if u would of just moved the whole 2 pm tiemslot till week 12? Id much rather have an accurate call and replay it week 12 then have a bad call like you's made on sage.

And you are full of it. Mambo all spec'd and quit. Everyone knows it and seen it. Mayb 1-2 of em laged out, mayb the rest on there team were laggy (i dont know they didnt try to sub) but what i seen was 3-4 of them specing all within 5 secounds of each other and complaining for replay. I also had a staffer from mambo Copy/paste me from there chat where Raples Said "lets spec and play the lag card"

Like i said, that wasnt a big issue if none of the games would of finished, or If none of the games were close at the end like pandora/sage. Dice didnt lose the replay, nor did anyone else except sage. But you guys still fukin stole a strait up win from Sage, u can say whatever u want, it was a straitup BAD call, atleast on that game.

And i know u wont tell me, but i'd like to know exactly what TWL ops were online to make the call. What ones were on a squad that played at 2pm.

As for the hosts and staff that help run TWL. Sure they need to be talked to, but TWL staff couldnt pull the hosts to a private arena and talk about it? Instead they takl on a staffchat with like 100 staffers online who are on all various other squasd. And dont lie about it, multiple staffers were pasting on chats the shit ppl were saying, and how caotic it was on staff chat. Infact we (dice chat) were laughin how unorganized u guys really were without pascone and P_L.
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                        X