Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerbil is right
    Cripples deserves the spot in TWL more than any squad out there
    u guys have been nice to me most of the time and u still have some descent players left so I think u can still finish up the remaining games left on ur schedule. GL

-Tyson

Comment

when cripples forfeits 2 games and shows 5 to a base game they dont deserve shit all...no one is sayign yuo havent worked hard gerbz, but the fact of the matter is leagues are meant for competition, and right now cripples is not offering that...so take a bow and pass the torch to someone who will show up for matches.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
      Asia Minor> maybe not
      Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
      bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
      bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
      bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
      bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo!
        when cripples forfeits 2 games and shows 5 to a base game they dont deserve shit all...no one is sayign yuo havent worked hard gerbz, but the fact of the matter is leagues are meant for competition, and right now cripples is not offering that...so take a bow and pass the torch to someone who will show up for matches.
        I tend to agree. It's retarded to stay in twlb with absolutely no chance of ever winning a game, even if all 7 of your guys show up.

stay in the other 2 if you can show up, but you proabbly can't, so bow out and make another run next season.
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

until the league gives us options to either:

a) recruit to make our team competitive
          b) fold the squad and join whatever league squad we feel like applying to

then we will show up for our league matches, chance of winning or not, and be well within our rights granted by league rules.

this is a situation that could very easily happen to ANY squad, and i'm disappointed that the league lacked the foresight to prepare for this as well as coming up with a hasty decision that accomplishes nothing.

the bottom line is: if i or my remaining squaddies will be screwed over for doing nothing wrong, then i will make every possible effort to extend the favor and likewise screw over as many innocent people as i can within the current rules.
          Last edited by sTuPiD-gErBiL; 06-09-2003, 07:27 PM.
          plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

beez and Hellz, shut the fuck up. You'd most certainly be singing a different tune were it you in gerbz's place. Cripples is a staple of TW and deserves to be treated as such. Yes, I left them high and dry, and you can call me out on it if you'd like. That doesn't change the fact that I respect the squad and its members 10,000%. You seem to forget we're not talking about Hck-Limited here. We're talking about a legendary squad that happened to hit a bump in the road. Lighten the fuck up on 'em. Jesus...
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

A legendary squad that can't show up with a full team is worth shit. does their opponents draw a pass every week? that's fucking retarded. step aside and let a squad with at least 8 members play.

as far as i'm concerned, cripples=hck... the name means nothing if they don't show up.
              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

one thing you missed, bz..... crips did not call it quits. we're just not allowed to recruit to have a full team show up.

so the league's logic is they would rather replace us with a brand new team whose stability may or may not be questionable, but has an entire roster mostly consisting of previously non-league players, while forcing league players to sit out through no fault of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
                  until the league gives us options to either:

a) recruit to make our team competitive
                  b) fold the squad and join whatever league squad we feel like applying to

then we will show up for our league matches, chance of winning or not, and be well within our rights granted by league rules.

this is a situation that could very easily happen to ANY squad, and i'm disappointed that the league lacked the foresight to prepare for this as well as coming up with a hasty decision that accomplishes nothing.

the bottom line is: if i or my remaining squaddies will be screwed over for doing nothing wrong, then i will make every possible effort to extend the favor and likewise screw over as many innocent people as i can within the current rules.

from what i've heard, if you guys were as dedicated before all this shit happened as you are now you wouldn't have this problem. if your squad is about to die, as cripples appears to be, you knew what the risk was when you decided to stay past the roster lock. this isn't a win/win situation. you either stick with your team through thick and thin (even if it means getting kicked down adn having to requalify and recruit more in twd) or you move, in time, to a twl squad. don't cry afterwards that everybody is trying to screw you over.

i find it ironic that before twl starts people (including myself) called for squads like brit squad (with a roster of over 30) to forfeit their place in leagues cuz they couldn't compete, and now jump the defence of cripples, a squad with "7 on their roster".
                  Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                  Philos> there is something about you
                  Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

rand, the major flaw with your whole argument is that you assumed that we knew there would be a mass exodus. i'm sure we all sat down a few weeks ago and said "hey let's get a shitload of our people to leave right before roster lock, including almost all of our captains, and then some of us stay here so that we can bitch at the league ops until we make them look like evil dictators and cause a massive zone-wide revolt that results total anarchy. VIVA LE RESISTANCE!"

get real, rand. we got screwed, and the focus of our argument is that there are a million better ways to handle the situation and resolve a nice compromise than to do things the way we're being forced to right now.

Comment

well if the people who left your squad were so vital, i think your squad is dead dude. you knew the rules and you knew what state your squad was in come last saturday. you chose to stick with it after the nucleus of the squad left. as you describe it, cripples is dead in all but name. it's time to pick up, look back on the fun you had, and move on for the moment. actually, i'll take that back, it isn't the time, last saturday was the time, this is after the fact and, as the rules dictate, there isn't any room for negotiation.

it isn't twl that screwed cripples over, it is the people who were on cripples that screwed cripples over. end of story
                      Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                      Philos> there is something about you
                      Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

It would make this topic more amusing if the Letters "Cr" in Cripples was replaced with the letter "N" in every post of this topic. Here's an example of this simple tomfoolery:

Originally posted by Randedl
                        well if the people who left your squad were so vital, i think your squad is dead dude. you knew the rules and you knew what state your squad was in come last saturday. you chose to stick with it after the nucleus of the squad left. as you describe it, nipples is dead in all but name. it's time to pick up, look back on the fun you had, and move on for the moment. actually, i'll take that back, it isn't the time, last saturday was the time, this is after the fact and, as the rules dictate, there isn't any room for negotiation.

it isn't twl that screwed nipples over, it is the people who were on nipples that screwed nipples over. end of story

Originally posted by Kim Eugene
                        they should push it back another week or so, to not make it seem like nipples are an exception that we allow. This also gives squads any final hopes of any rearranging, but also being their last.

Sorry but everytime I read this topic, I read over cripples as nipples. I guess I read over it too fast. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                          you chose to stick with it after the nucleus of the squad left.
                          there was no time for choosing. it was more like "poof, you're fucked." hence, the request for some kind of extension/exception/etc (yay for alliteration).

Comment

there was no time for choosing. it was more like "poof, you're fucked." hence, the request for some kind of extension/exception/etc (yay for alliteration).
                            [sarcasm]No gerbil. RAnd is right. I mean it's very easy recruiting about 10 (maybe slightly exaggerated) active players to replace the 10 that left in the time that we had (one week). I mean gee, it's like our current squadmates care on who we recruit. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if we recruited Oni Link or something. Like gee, rand knows everything about other squads that he's not in so he knows alot what he's talking about. It's very easy deducting and reasoning a squad's actions from outside the circle.[/sarcasm]

Comment

a week? more like 2 days. i blame tuukli for being an assface

Comment

one thing you missed, bz..... crips did not call it quits. we're just not allowed to recruit to have a full team show up.

so the league's logic is they would rather replace us with a brand new team whose stability may or may not be questionable, but has an entire roster mostly consisting of previously non-league players, while forcing league players to sit out through no fault of their own.
                                The league ops didn't do any such thing.. this was written in the rules since the beginning. To change the rules because your guys bailed would be stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X