No announcement yet.

About Roster Lock + Disbanding Squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think locking the rosters at week one is a good idea, too many squads would end up in this situation by the end of the season. I like the roster lock where it is, it gives teams time to figure out where they're at and what they need, and to take care of that before entering the second half of the season.

cripples fell apart, it's nobody's fault, and nobody's being punished, it's time to rebuild and come back.
    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Bloodzombie

you sir, are a smart man
      Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
      Philos> there is something about you
      Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

bottom line here folks.....

if some shitty, unknown new squad suddenly lost 1/2 their players exactly like cripples did, they would be booted out of league immediately. no questions axed.

but should an exception be made for cripples because they're an old school, veteran squad that's been in leagues for ages?

that, mah homeys, is the question.
        3:Extinct> i havent masturbated in like a month
        3:Extinct> mad hard
        3:im so weird> this chat is turning homosexual
        3:im so weird> just the way i like it

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir
          I'm with Gerbil on this. The rule didn't seem to work out as planned.

I suggest for next season to apply the roster lock from Week 1 (or have no lock at all but an eligibility time of 4-5 weeks).
          That way people will have to stay loyal to their squad from the start, and won't be able to bail out and join another squad if they realize their squad isn't going to win.
          OH well, I dropped TWL-B it's because of the roster lock, I am having a really tough time trying to get ppl, especially the last day b4 the roster lock, ppl left because we dunt have team work that's why I wanna have mroe time (or 1 more week) for us to get more ppl

Bad times... I wanna keep playing in twlb for fun but 11 ppl in roster b4 the roster lock wont help :\

GL guyz who are in TWL
          TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
          TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
          Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
          1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
          4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
          1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

edit: blah

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
              well guess what... it failed. everything you tried to prevent happened despite your efforts. and now instead of punishing the people you were trying to safeguard against, you're going after the people who wanted to play by the rules and not squadjump to a playoff team.

epi, you seem like a smart person and i've known you for a while.. but everything you just posted helps my case more than hurts it. normally, i'd take that as a good thing, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't your intent.
              Grow up, get ready for next season and drop out of TWLB at the very least.
              Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

2 points that have been already brought up but ones that I think should be implemented:

1. No roster lock. You must wait a certain # of games in order to leave one TWL squad and join another TWL squad. I would suggest a minimum 3 game wait. (Remember, this if for TWL members who leave one TWL squad to join another TWL squad. It does not apply to those who are NOT in any TWL squad but have been recruited from pub/other places.) This rule would penalize those who squadhop from one TWL squad to another and allow pub/NEW talent from other places to join without too much problems. (You may even want to put a waiting period for these types of ppl.)

2. Lower the # of TWLB teams (AND perhaps TWLD and TWLJ teams) from 16 (what it is currently) to at least 14 and maybe even 12. To be blunt, some teams are not at a level that makes them competitive. I'd suggest league change structure to fit 14 TWL BASING teams next season. I am not a dueler, but it if ppl think that the lower tier squads have the talent to get better and more competitive than perhaps TWLD and TWLJ (either/or) should stick with 16 squads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                  Grow up, get ready for next season and drop out of TWLB at the very least.
                  or you could try posting worthwhile comments instead of unbacked fluff.
                  plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

gerbz, stay in twl-b and show 5 players for every TWL-B. haha! take that, dipshits!
                    'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                    sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

show up and give us 6

Comment

We gonna use a loop hole, oh shit!

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
                          or you could try posting worthwhile comments instead of unbacked fluff.

The rule was there, you had plenty of time to jump ship, loyalty is overrated, morality doesn't exist, you missed out, Cripples is fading, regroup, put together a team for next season, drop out in the time being, thereby keeping the league competitive, instead of just taking up space, in a stupid attempt to release frustration, at an online computer game, that you feel has wronged you, because you stayed too long on a failing squad.
                          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

put together a team for next season, drop out in the time being, thereby keeping the league competitive,

KEEP THE COMPETITION! REPLACE US WITH SQUADS LIKE HCK-! WOOOOOOO!

Comment

The rule was there, you had plenty of time to jump ship, loyalty is overrated, morality doesn't exist, you missed out, Cripples is fading, regroup, put together a team for next season, drop out in the time being, thereby keeping the league competitive, instead of just taking up space, in a stupid attempt to release frustration, at an online computer game, that you feel has wronged you, because you stayed too long on a failing squad.
                              actually, you're missing the point. the actual discussion at hand is a glaring oversight in a rule that caused what it was designed to prevent. we could argue systematic technicalities all day, but would accomplish nothing because most people don't care to hear about that. they want either a sympathetic or a scornful (or a nonchalant) standpoint to throw themselves behind because it makes things all that much easier to put a personality to an afflicted statistic.

the focus is a flaw in the system. i believe the current solution is full of shit, regardless if it happened to cripples or some other squad. i believe there is a much more effective solution, which has been tried and proven in the RSHL (hockeyzone). and after presenting you with their format, and their logic behind it, you will hopefully understand why this current solution does not work and rather causes more problems than it fixes.

(paraphrased from http://www.rshl.org/rshl/leaguerules.shtml)

* players are assigned a small suspension for teamhopping.

* if a teamhopper's old team collapses while the teamhopper is still suspended, then the suspension is increased dramatically.

* players who stayed with their team until it collapsed may switch teams after and be subject to a very small suspension

* if this happens around roster lock time and causes a team to collapse after the lock has occurred, then the remaining players have one week to be recruited (and are still subject to the small suspension). HOWEVER, all transactions must be approved by the league to prevent team stacking or league imbalance.

the last part isn't on the rules page itself, but it's the precedent that has been set from past encounters.

hope that puts things in perspective mattey. i'd rather have you understand my standpoint instead of thinking you do.

Comment

I signed up for the roster 1 hour before the lock ... I didn't know such a rule until it was 3 hours before the actual lock ... I was just lucky because someone on 1 of my chats squad hopped and mentioned it.

Phew ... otherwise I could be screwed too.

maybe next time, we should be given clearer warning about such roster lock?
                                Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Working...
                                X