LJ finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ finals

Round 1 and 2 were competitive and entertaining. Pandora won round 1 dominating early, Dice made a comeback at end. Dice had a strong 2 round pushing Pandora around the map and made it even. Turban was subbed out Round 1 early due to hig lag. Round 3 Steadman was started and subbed after choking 1-6, by guess who turban.

Round 3 was great back and forth competitive play, Dice started with a lead, Pandora caught up. Dice held a small margin lead, then staff decided to force Dice to sub Maketso out at crucial game point (30ish score range). Maketso had not been subbed out during either of the first two rounds or warned of lag. Convenient timing to force Dice to sub out. Game over.

Would Dice have won if Maketso had been allowed to play? Who knows. Game was anyone's round 3 , both squads were playing strong with back and forth kills. That said once the sub was forced, that was the turning point. Dice lost any momentum, Havok came in cold. Turban has consistently had lag issues throughout the season and playoffs but continues to be played, gets facialed, bounces around the map and is allowed to sub in round 3 with those lag issues and went 6-2. Make played 2 solid rounds, no one mentioned his lag, and hes subbed out past the 50% portion of round 3 (after spiking) in a game that's to close to call a winner.

Not a fan of Dice or Pandora. Both squads have fair share of laggots. What I do like to see though is fair games. Uninterrupted and not messed with at critical points. Reckful decided to play god at at a crucial point in the game, when they should have left it alone. Disagree with that. Even though I have staffers who agree with me - stating Make and Turban were both spiking, I dont think an appeal should be made, and if it was it would be denied by Reckful. What's done is done - a highly entertaining game was ended with a horrible decision tough luck Dice, congrats Pandora.
    Last edited by Rule; 03-30-2014, 05:00 PM.

Staff(Reckful) managed to ruin two finals, not easy ;D

lucky for tw that LD wasnt played today, no doubt in my mind reckful would manage something to fuck that up too
    Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

lol please, the lj was fair, if he was asked to be subbed out it was for a good reason. and don't get me started on lb, we had to win it 3x instead of 2

Comment

I don't see how LJ or LB even debatable. We were winning round 1 and had whole base, up 16-15 and bot says game over bc they put it to 31 minutes by accident, it got completely annulled, which favors you.

Then we play another round, win.

Then third round we get a tek in midbase up 18-11 and have complete control of flagroom, and bots mysteriously go down the second game is over and you have no chance to come back. That game is 100% won, you dont have time to get through a fully set up team in 8s thats holding mid base, then beat their cram, then win FR, then take flag, which is why it's likely someone on Dice DDOS'd or spammed the bots at that precise moment, when its 18-11 and you're all in spawn and its all over.

That's 3 rounds Pandora won. The 16-15 you could have realistically come back and won. The second was without issue. The third was beyond doubt and there was no chance to come back. You lost 3 rounds in a best of 3, I don't know what you're complaining about.

You lost. Get over it.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

"You lost".

who u talking about claus, me or rule? cuz i didnt complain, i just said staff ruined this twl week, fair or not, it was an horrible show, and by far the worse twl weekend ive participated on or was an spectator.
          Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
          1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

maketso had huge lag and should have been subbed anyways
            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by kess
              who u talking about claus, me or rule? cuz i didnt complain, i just said staff ruined this twl week, fair or not, it was an horrible show, and by far the worse twl weekend ive participated on or was an spectator.
              wasn't directed towards you, just ppl in game crying foul (ie, maketso spamming us like a 12 year old 10000x after the game, and a few others.)

i agree with you 100% this was one of the least competent staffing jobs i've ever seen. from making LB round 1 to 31 minutes (WTF is that?) to not properly announcing whether semis was bo3 or to 20 minutes or if finals was bo3 to 15 or bo3 to 20, to ruling R1 would be replayed with us needing 5 minutes and dice 4 then being overruled by MM God and completely replayed to the LD scheduling/annulment vs Fierce, it was pretty messy.

I didnt think anything could top the TWDT-J final last year in terms of incompetence, but this one takes the cake.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

By far the worst TWL Finals across the board - LJ, LB, LD. Everything that could go wrong did.

TWL is a joke when league ops like Reckful are pushed and swayed by squads - I wonder how many pandora players spammed him with cheater calls on maketso. When across the board we know both squads have laggers: Turban, Dreamwin, Maketso, Stayon

Maketso should never have been subbed and we would of seen a fair game - with a fair ending. Both squads had an equal chance to win at that point. Will never know what the result will be now.

Pandora was winning LB from what I saw, then the bots crashed.

LD gets pushed back for hours and hours then manually hosted LOL and restarted. At that point it was time to move on with the day - I still dont even know what the result was. No one from staff bothered to post it on forums ill go look in a minute at twl site. My assumption is nothing was worked out. Maybe this years TWL-D title should say "Vacant".

The zone "lost" today, TWL the premier league of trenchwars on the one day that should matter was run into the ground by a combination of horrible staffing decisions and bot problems.
                Last edited by Rule; 03-31-2014, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Who would want to be staff? All you do is get shat on every day on forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                    Who would want to be staff? All you do is get shat on every day on forums.
                    And in the game. Its a thankless job. That said it still needs to be done right. For leagues we need ops who can communicate whats going on, make timely and smart decisions and be swayed by no one. If the bots are crashing consistently, manually hosting a ld is not going to solve anything. Replaying a LB 3 times over is not going to fix things. Don't force a squad to sub out a player at a critical time, when multiple players are lagging. TWL finals is a single day - where things need to be run right - and ideally the league is run like that from day one till the finals. Postpone league games even if it sucks for the viewing audience - reschedule them to a time when both squads are available, at least we end up with fair finishes and no controversy. No squad wants to win in some shoddy manner where the game is not even finished. I know quality caps like Myth do not want that. I know players don't want that. Anyone who is a genuine competitor wants a legitimate win, not bs.

Comment

we already won lj and lb fairly, if anyone is being punished its pandora for this zone not giving us credit. Turban wasn't lagging, we talked to the host (LF) and he said turbs lag was "Amazing", so i'm not sure who you think was lagging badly enough to make the game unfair. dice kinda just fell apart, they started falling apart way before maketso was subbed out. In terms of LD that was out of our hands and we will play it on a day that works for both teams, we tried to play today but the zone has been getting ddos'd probably because everyone hates pandora

Comment

I wasn't even aware that maketso was subbed out because of lag and I'm not sure who did cheater calls. I think staff just did a good job of understanding who the laggots were and making decisions when they felt the lag advantages were negatively impacting the game. I was a little worried that LF would show some bias as the host since we all know he has a dislike for Pandora, but he was objective from the start. Turban lagged early first round because of some problem and he even asked for himself to be subbed out for Steadman. He fixed his lag and before round 2 started I made sure to ask LF if Turban's lag was fixed and good enough to play and I got the ok from him.

Forcing squads to sub out a player due to lag is the host's decision (and I'm sure LF had several staffers helping him watch everyone, 160 ppl in spec etc.) If he felt like maketso lagged too much to be in the game, then he probably did. We would have done the same with Turban or Dreamwin if we were told to.
                        PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                        ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
                          I wasn't even aware that maketso was subbed out because of lag and I'm not sure who did cheater calls. I think staff just did a good job of understanding who the laggots were and making decisions when they felt the lag advantages were negatively impacting the game. I was a little worried that LF would show some bias as the host since we all know he has a dislike for Pandora, but he was objective from the start. Turban lagged early first round because of some problem and he even asked for himself to be subbed out for Steadman. He fixed his lag and before round 2 started I made sure to ask LF if Turban's lag was fixed and good enough to play and I got the ok from him.

Forcing squads to sub out a player due to lag is the host's decision (and I'm sure LF had several staffers helping him watch everyone, 160 ppl in spec etc.) If he felt like maketso lagged too much to be in the game, then he probably did. We would have done the same with Turban or Dreamwin if we were told to.
                          Yesterday was an absolute travesty in the history of TWL and the rest of our zone. Terrible decisions were made repeatedly, most of them entirely unilaterally with zero input and zero communication to/from the rest of the league staff that was online from what I've gathered. I don't think anyone could have even dreamt up the scenario we all had to go through yesterday and it was an incredibly difficult time to be a staffer. Reckful certainly deserves his fair share of shit for how this went yesterday, but anything and everything that happened during the LJ was not him, that was me. It's certainly no secret who I wanted to win but I made a solid effort to give both teams a fair shot at the title. Apparently turban asked for a sub round 1, which is all for the better because he was about to be force-subbed by me regardless. I am also the one responsible for forcing the maketso sub in round 3. If anything I probably did dice a favor because I guarantee he would have lagged out for a +1 with the spikes he was having. I sent both squads a PM before the game that went something like "Make sure your players lag are legit, because I do not want to play a role in this game if I don't have to". I checked every single players lag every 15 seconds for the entire 3 rounds to stay on top of it, so all the comments I've gotten about "I can't believe you let turban play round 3" is bullshit, as are all the people crying about stayons "lag" can fuck off as far as Im concerned. In response to OP, don't blame me for swaying the tide of the game blame the players to didn't fulfill their potential in the game itself (4-3 to 4-10 before the sub even happened).

tl;dr version: Fuck pandora. Zidane still sucks. Mythril is a nice guy. Congrats on winning LJ.

Edit: Kudos to both squads for not giving me a hard time when asked to do something. I do know what I am doing and the mutual respect (despite personal feelings) is exactly what this zone needs more of in order to succeed.
                          1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                          Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

posting this from my phone, fking site is down. this gna suck.

well that sure was a good weekend, i had a blast playing and watching the games. we were close to having a one of the first problem free finals, but guess there's no cigar this time. /sarcasm

i'll try to keep this post as short as possible while remaining unbiased. this weekend was nothing but a complete mess. there wasn't a single thing that went as planned, but that's something you have to expect nowadays when playing in this zone. not only did we have issues with player lag and bots, we also had staff miraculously managing to make the wrong calls multiple times and even taking their sweet time with decision making. i don't think any amount of practice is going to make you guys perfect. start using some common sense, react faster and stop making shit so god damn complicated. it's not much we ask.

it's really unfortunate for the zone that several of the finnish players were having lag issues at seemingly random times; starting with me round 1 and maketso round 3, and zizu in LB. bad luck if you ask me. nonetheless, staff did make the correct decision regarding maketso, forcing him to be substituted to a different player after three minutes. he has every right to be mad, but the fact is his lag was way off the charts with around 300ms + spikes, showing no signs of stopping. staff gave him plenty of time to sort out his problems, but instead he decided to take advantage of the situation. lost a lot of respect from the guy that night, he even started spamming our squad chat with private messages like an immature brat after the loss. pathetic. when i noticed i was having problems with my lag, i immediately stopped playing and asked for substitution. there wasn't a single player who told me about my lag until i was on bench. that's how maketso should've handled his situation as well. either fix your lag or get a substitution, don't fucking take the advantage and ruin the game for everyone with your temporary lag issues. i can see why he's upset, guy probably didn't realize his lag was that high; i had the same problem round 1 with everyone having normal ping times and no spikes. thankfully i have the habit to pay attention to my surroundings; people were avoiding me more than usual which made me check my ?ping which said my current ping was 300ms. if i know my lag is higher than usual, i'm not going to abuse it. neither should he, yet it seemed as if he saw a chance to swing the game back to dice after we established dominance.

also, i informed staff early (told three different upperstaffers within 3 minutes, and one of our members on squad that was staff within a minute) that bot would fail and stop the game after 31 minutes. they had several minutes to make two simple decisions, either void the game and restart immediately or announce that it would be a race to 15 minutes (multiple times to make sure both teams will get it), yet they waited for the final minute for no reason. start using your common sense once in a while and act faster, you guys love to make things way too complicated for no reason. i still respect the calls made by staff despite overriding the first correct decision and instead completely replaying that round. i'm happy that the third game didn't get replayed, and if it did it should continue with 18:00-11:00 with us having the base. you never know what happens in a base game, but i'd say we were clear favorites after maketso died. on the bright side we learned a lot today, hopefully these problems won't arise again in the future season(s).
                            Last edited by Turban; 04-01-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

why the fuck did my copy and paste turn out to be like that, fuck life. i'll edit it when i get home. gl reading. unless a forum staff will be kind enough to space it out, should be obvious where i wanted to start a new thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X