Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request

I would like to see defined decisions for lag situations in twl.

The one thing that annoys me the most is "you have _approximately_ 10 mins to submit your lineup". Delete that damn word.

I would like to see nothing left to the host's discression next season.

-RR

Re: Request

Originally posted by RabbitRapist
    I would like to see defined decisions for lag situations in twl.

The one thing that annoys me the most is "you have _approximately_ 10 mins to submit your lineup". Delete that damn word.

I would like to see nothing left to the host's discression next season.

-RR
    the word is just a word, it doesn't mean the time is approximated

the time is exact, based on a timer that is set...

what does that have to do with defined decisions in lag situations
    i'm bored

Comment

Last season there was a Siege game in the playoffs (I forgot who they were playing) and one of the rounds was decided by the fact that one of the squads playing were 10 seconds late to submit a lineup.

You play all season and you're 10 seconds late and you forfeit a round? That's completely wrong. The rule has a discretionary basis and has always had the ENTIRE season. This league is for fun, don't be so anal.

-Epi
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

but if its 10 mins + 5 mins and still no lineup?

game started about 25 mins later.
        2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
        2:renzi> lol no
        2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

x
          There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
            Last season there was a Siege game in the playoffs (I forgot who they were playing) and one of the rounds was decided by the fact that one of the squads playing were 10 seconds late to submit a lineup.

You play all season and you're 10 seconds late and you forfeit a round? That's completely wrong. The rule has a discretionary basis and has always had the ENTIRE season. This league is for fun, don't be so anal.

-Epi
            discretion and staff have proven to be a dangerous combination. automate the whole thing with an anal retentive bot and run shit word for word so that way there's no fault except the players' own.
            plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
              run shit word for word so that way there's no fault except the players' own.
              Ahh okay sorta like the roster lock?

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

I'm going to beat Mayo to it.

Gutter > Siege
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

maybe if everyone didn't get disconnected twice while submitting my lineup we would have had it in on time. Don't act like that had an affect on u guys losing.

Comment

Yes the league is for fun, but it helps when everyone is treated the same way. It may be to a squad's disadvantage for a particular situation but that's too bad. Strict rules are there to help in the long-term, not the short-term. This is where bots excel, e.g. TWD. I'm not talking about any incident here, but just in general.

However, as for the time limit scenario, 10 minutes sounds like plenty of time anyway. Of course there will be times where strict rules are just impossible to make up, but I'd rather they were kept to a bare minimum.

Comment

So are we saying rules are made to be broken?

Comment

Ahh okay sorta like the roster lock?

-Epi
                        hence why i requested that the roster lock rule be reviewed for better alternatives AFTER the season. it was an oversight in the rules (which occasionally happens despite best efforts to construct a good rules system). now that we've seen the negative effects of such a rule, we can easily plan ways to keep the rule without allowing it to be abused for next season.

p.s. are you going to modify the forfeit rule to match the discretion you used in the cripples/melee game or are you just going to leave it as is and change rules as you please?
                        plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

-Epi
                          so you will allow 10 seconds... how about 30 seconds? 1 minute? 5 minutes ?

draw the line and make it public.

-RR

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck
                            maybe if everyone didn't get disconnected twice while submitting my lineup we would have had it in on time. Don't act like that had an affect on u guys losing.
                            whilst your guys got disconnected during roster submission - you were allowed to play.

our guys got disconnected during the game - we had to spend 10 mins trying to get a new terr (4 terrs in a row lagged out), and then u whined coz we didnt go to base.

each little problem on it's own can be argued, but the game was destroyed by lag and epi didnt even give us a chance to play our best.

-RR

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitRapist
                              epi didnt even give us a chance to play our best.

-RR
                              Now you are blaming epi for your lag problems too?
                              TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
                              TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
                              TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
                              TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

Working...
                              X