Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Analytical view of the Cram, and worthy Solutions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Analytical view of the Cram, and worthy Solutions.

I must warn you, when you read this...read this with an Open Mind. Clear any thoughts or feelings you have about certain ships or styles of basings, because I have thoroughly thought these solutions through. I'm trying to make an unbiased post about the "Cram Problem" so please, keep an open mind...and analyze my ideas in a proper manner that leaves any and all emotion out.

Problem: The "indestructable" cram. It's shown to be a more effective tool in holding the base than the traditional line, but often leads to a boring, or even unfair game in many people's eyes.

Solution #1 The Pub Levi (ommitting rockets). With an L4 bomb that can detonate well out of a cramming shark's range, a levi's bomb can be very useful in destroying a cram, or even a whole team. It will gain the team the flag room, and lead to some interesting defensive styles.

Advantage: The destruction of the "indestructable" cram which leads to flag room.

Disadvantage: A poorly trained levi will TK his own team often, or possibly rarely make it to the mid base to bomb the cram. It also detracts from the defence of the flag room once the flag room is attained.

Counterpoint: A well trained levi could actually help in the defence of the flag room, minimizing TKs.

Again, think about this with an open mind...it hasn't been tried.

Solution #2 The Pub Cloaker. When used properly, it will lure the cramming terr away from the cram, in effect...making its attaching members travel longer to reach the cram, giving the attacking team a better opportunity to break the cram.

Advantage: If ignored, the cloaker can not only kill the cramming terr, but it can take the flag. It would enter in the FR through one of the 6 holes and try to lure, or kill the cramming terr. This in effect would lead to the dissolving of the cram, giving the attacking team an opportunity.

Disadvantage: The cloaker is a poor defensive ship with its slow recharge. It could do no more than to annoy the attacking team in lower.

Counterpoint: There might be someone out there that can actually master the pub cloaker in a real 8v8 style game.

Read with an open mind...it hasn't been tried.

I am neglecting the map edit and spider limitation simply because the solutions that we already have at hand have not been tried yet.

My own personal belief is that those two methods are far out. That those two methods would further the 8v8 style basing from the pub basing. Pubbers would have a hard time learning the real basing method. The leagues originated from the pubs, and they should be kept close in similitude. That's why I say we try out the pub cloaker and pub levi (without rockets) before we try anything else. The cram should not be limited just because some people find it distasteful, it's a proven method to hold the flag room, but I assure you...that these two solutions can be proven to make the cram weaker.
    Ну вот...

we should try keep all the new ideas in the same thread

to answer your post, all ships should be allowed to play in twlb and there should also be ship changes allowed. I have never understood why these things havent been there from the beginning.
    Originally posted by Tyson
    There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
    Originally posted by HeavenSent
    Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
    Originally posted by Izor
    Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

unbeatable cram? wtf? what happened in just 3 weeks time? i thought we realized cram is ez to break?

BEATING CRAM IS EASY. Most squads just forget that they need to work as a team and not storm into the tube one by one racking up the pts for the other team and making their squadconfidence drop to the bottom.

If you work together, concentrate on when you shoot, who, from where and when. There simply is no way that 2 nme sharks can always be repping when the spiders(+jav) + 2 sharks work together well from lower.
      If u see 1 shark runs out of reps (happens all the time), just don't fire at him, let him sit there, other shark comes aswell, then start all shooting like mad, + reps from your 2 sharks, but don't storm yet. then their shark with reps will die just a few seconds after their other shark. which gives your jav or spiders/sharks 2 seconds to either bomb the fuck outa the flagroomentrance or to storm in.

Easy, and I don't think anyone would go and use a cloaker or levi (since it's hardly of a good use the entire game, the missing of a real 8th ship will work against you. Tho I'm all for bringing back those 2 ships, it's always fun to play a levi against squads like No surrender.

Comment

All ships should be allowed in base and at least 2 shipchanges as well ....

otherwise everyone will play safe and chose to cram rather than experiment different stuff

plus as i said b4 , when a team is desperate and losing it is more likely that they experiment things , so please add the 2 linechanges i asked for above .... and ALLOW LEVS in TWLB ....
        There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

It's a Level3 bomb, not a level4.

all you need to do is bring in the pub weasel, as soon as he can fly past the cram and take the flag or shoot the terr, he becomes to big a threat to ignore, and the cram is broken
          NT
          Last edited by Nickname; 09-01-2003, 01:00 PM.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Beating the cram really isn't all that difficult. I don't see what the big deal is. All it takes is a couple of sharks or a jav with decent timing and BLAM-BLIZZY-BLIZZAM - the cram is no more.
            PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam
              Beating the cram really isn't all that difficult. I don't see what the big deal is. All it takes is a couple of sharks or a jav with decent timing and BLAM-BLIZZY-BLIZZAM - the cram is no more.
              Ppl are obviously having problems with it if they want changes to be made to specifically counter the cram.

Comment

I say don't change anything and don't make a limit of four spiders. Do what it takes to win, what's next, people complaining about squads teaming too good in TWLD or TWLJ?
                fu

Comment

jamal if u dont want to change anything than u have to allow weasels and levi to play too, they were a change in the first place
                  There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

It's not the cram formation that is problem, but a group of laggy ppl sitting in a too tight of a space that creates, literally, lag shields. Add to that laggy-but-not-only-cuz-of-server ppl and you basically have an exploited bug in TWLB map.
                    Originally posted by Disliked
                    However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                    when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam
                      Alright, grab spastic and your sharks and jav with decent timing and break in cram consistantly in under 5 minutes. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I have not seen evidence that it's as easy as you say.

Comment

cram sucks take it away

edit: this opinion will change as soon as i join spastic

(hi jamal)
                        Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                        Philos> there is something about you
                        Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by CrvenBan
                          It's not the cram formation that is problem, but a group of laggy ppl sitting in a too tight of a space that creates, literally, lag shields. Add to that laggy-but-not-only-cuz-of-server ppl and you basically have an exploited bug in TWLB map.
                          I hope that isn't any suggestion of an accusation ... bc I can tell you there are prob many more laggy squads than Spastic ... and I know the integrity of my teammates.

And lag is not a bug ... it's a fact of life in SS. You will never have a perfect connection ... period.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram
                            and I don't think anyone would go and use a cloaker
                            HI BRAM! YOU FORGOT ABOUT ME!
                            plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
                              I hope that isn't any suggestion of an accusation ... bc I can tell you there are prob many more laggy squads than Spastic ... and I know the integrity of my teammates.

And lag is not a bug ... it's a fact of life in SS. You will never have a perfect connection ... period.

I also know that all your squaddies claim to have 30-100ms .1 .1 yet they skip around, spike and eat a whole lot unhealthy shit. That's where laggy-but-not-only-cuz-of-server ppl, comes into play.
                              A lag is not a bug, true....BUT, an inviroment created when a bunch of laggy ppl cram acts like a bug in current TWLB map (meaning a whole lot of bullets go wasted due to floaters, eats, late reps and stuff like that).
                              Originally posted by Disliked
                              However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                              when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Working...
                              X