Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Analytical view of the Cram, and worthy Solutions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider

all ships should be allowed to play in twlb and there should also be ship changes allowed. I have never understood why these things havent been there from the beginning.
    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Thanks gerbs ... I got it =P. Someone needs to get staff to help test out these ideas then ...

I guess first thing to test out would be to have no limit to ships AND / OR perhaps shipchanges?

Can a staff do something about this ... or maybe host a few privately (or publically if possible) games?

^ pub weasel sort of needs to be put in as a basing ship ...

If that is deemed not a good approach ... then I think mapchanges are in order ...
      Last edited by Sufficient; 09-02-2003, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I'm a little bit afraid of the "no limits" when it comes to sharks, but I don't see why it couldn't be tested.

But twl should definitely have ship changes.. at least 2, but I don't see why it couldn't be infinite.

ps. NO MAP CHANGES
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

PS. You haven't seen the last of the Lone Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
            I'm a little bit afraid of the "no limits" when it comes to sharks, but I don't see why it couldn't be tested.

But twl should definitely have ship changes.. at least 2, but I don't see why it couldn't be infinite.

ps. NO MAP CHANGES
            - base weasel needs to be changed to pub wease
            l- 2 or 3 shipchanges should be tested

As for the map change ... I just feel like the basing map could use something new ... nothing enourmously drastic ... but something to try out. If you take a look at the current basing map ... there are sorta a lot of unused areas of play ...

Comment

leave the sharks capped at 2, cap the spiders at 4 (or even 3), and cap all other ships (minus terr) to 2.

add levi and cap it at 1.

change weas to mini-weasel.

as for the lanc, i think it'd be nice if it were able to withstand more shots. it's already pathetically slow and fires much slower than the wb. unless the lanc pilot is really talented, spiders will eat it up in no time. more energy might make it more useful.
              plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Dont limit spiders

EDIT: and why limit "all other ships to 2"? we should be removing restrictions, not making new ones. If I want to play 6 birds, 1 shark and 1 terr I should be allowed, and if y ou want to counter with 4 weasels, a lanc, and tony danza, more power to you.
                Last edited by bloodzombie; 09-02-2003, 07:09 PM.

Comment

I'd like to see the mini-weasel added, but at the same time I'd like to give it an extra 100 energy and the old weasel recharge. Right now it's just too useless in an fr battle.

We went over ship changes at the beginning of season 6, and the reasons for why no ship changes was implemented this season are listed in the following thread:
                  http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...t=ship+changes

Everyone go brush up before we go any further with this. I still stand by the initial reasoning I put forth on that thread, more than 1-2 shipchanges and you've got a situation that can be exploited on O/D. That being said, I'd like to see those 1/2 ship changes.

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
                    I'd like to see the mini-weasel added, but at the same time I'd like to give it an extra 100 energy and the old weasel recharge. Right now it's just too useless in an fr battle.

We went over ship changes at the beginning of season 6, and the reasons for why no ship changes was implemented this season are listed in the following thread:

Everyone go brush up before we go any further with this. I still stand by the initial reasoning I put forth on that thread, more than 1-2 shipchanges and you've got a situation that can be exploited on O/D. That being said, I'd like to see those 1/2 ship changes.
                    2 shipchanges is fine by me ... you guys want diversity ... well shipchanges is an easy way to help that cause.

And agreed bz ... less restrictions ... let squads experiment and decide what they want to play ... stop telling squads what ships they have to play ...

Comment

Originally posted by wadi

The reasons were stated, but I didn't see any good ones. What you call "exploited" I call "strategy" and don't forget, both sides are playing the same game. if one team has a captain that's really effective with switching ships on the fly, I say that adds a great element of strategy, and it also better utilizes pilots who can play miltiple ships.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                        If I want to play 6 birds, 1 shark and 1 terr I should be allowed, and if y ou want to counter with 4 weasels, a lanc, and tony danza, more power to you.
                        tony danza is clutch. thanks for giving out my top secret lineup.
                        plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
                          leave the sharks capped at 2, cap the spiders at 4 (or even 3), and cap all other ships (minus terr) to 2.

i think you want the post next door...this one isn't about limitations, it's about FREEDOM!--------------------->>
                          Ну вот...

Comment

Basing can be so much strategically deeper but nobody wants to take it to that next level.. frustrating.

Comment

I agree bloodzombie :/
                              I'm all for at least one shipchange.

Aenima, levi in basing has been tried before. I refer to TWBT rules

From what I remember it wasn't all that good with levis in basing, mostly because it withdrew one player from each team to go levihunting in the spawnarea...

A cloaker with old settings and pub size would be an interesting change for the weasel in basing though. It could even prove to be useful!
                              Last edited by Malladrin; 09-03-2003, 07:34 AM.

Comment

all ships allowed and dont limit the number of ships allowed .... however only 3 shipchanges please
                                There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

Working...
                                X