Best 5 [whatever]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 5 [whatever]

With some of the other threads turning into lists of who they think best players in whatever are, we might as well make it official. And I'm sorta curious how others think, so...

Best 5 wbs:

Demonfaze - good when it counts
    Blood - might as well put him here, he has a big rep
    Burnt - underrated, in Blood's shadow
    Archer - also underrated I think, did very well vs Elu in finals
    Sika - back to TW, I think he still has his old skill

Javs:

Download - Rather consistantly nice last TWL
    Blood - like Download, choked vs Diso in playoffs
    Rough - 40% of Light twlj team
    Mr. Spam - for a while I thought he had lost it, while he was on Syndicate in the beginning, but he seems to have it back
    Scuzzy Sureshot - haven't seen much of Scuzzy in action but he was very solid in TWL

Base

Terr - Warportal
    Jav - 2dragons / Domi
    Sharks - Windreaper, fireballz
    Spids - Ezo Kronian/Thundermare M_M God koan

Best team of 8 for wb/jav and base:

Terr - Warportal
    Sharks - Fireballz, Mantra-Slider
    Spids: Blood, Burnt, Demonfaze, koan
    Jav - Pearl Jam

All time [whatever]: dunno, I wasn't around then ;D
    - k2

I couldn't disagree more with your basing list.

Okay I could, but not much.

All time best would be something like
    These players all stood heads and shoulders above people at one time or another

Terr:Warportal - terr is a hard position to call, i almost called brookus for the TWL when A-s was so strong, myth has been amazing too, but warp has been the most dominant for the longest time so i gave it to him.
    Sharks:a2m+ - back when sharks got mvp a2m+ was the best of the best
    Sharks:fireballz - when he turns his lag into perfection mode he really is unstopable
    Jav:Smack Man - the first guy to really make the shoot down into the entrance popular. yeah PJ and Nockm are awesome but at this point in time PJ was a terrier and Nockm was a dueler for Pure Luck, weird
    Spiders:M_M God - from this last TWL, the man averaged over 160 kills per game and was simply put one of the best spiders (if not the best) from this past twl, not to mention he was on a team that only made it to the semis, so he made up for it too.
    Spiders:Bram - The whining play for rec bastard :/ Bram has never stood heads and shoulders above everybody else BUT he has been a consistant top spider int he game for several years now. If he really really cared he could be the best spider of alltime.
    Warbird: Divine Rides made the basewb useful. With cramming it's less useful now, but Divine Rides on the top of his game made warportal cry and caused one of the biggest upsets.

Honourable mention of standouts:
    (not all were huge standouts, but they deserve mentioning)

Sika - Sika in the terr vs Diso in the old TWT ladder was big time news.
    2dragons - his lag made him a standout, yet with all that lag he still took deaths in terr and still could be stopped in jav, but he was not who you wanted to face.
    Sleepy Weasel - like bram he was never a huge standout, but has been one of the top spiders in the league for quite awhile
    Mantra-Slider - Back in the -F- vs Diso days mantra was to be feared, he was the really big time combo of Shark and spider, a force to be reconed with
    Erathia - HUH? WHAT? yes 2 season ago Erathia was the anchor of the a-s spiderline and although always underestimated he always played superb. He was very solid that season.

Already to bored, i didn't even list 8 hole basers for my best of alltime list, but you get the point.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

i'd havta put utopia on the all time list of basers :x as well as some of the old cripz who had that great season
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

thundermare/kronian would be on the list if hes active more

i need to slap that guy out of RO and get back in SS
        1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Nickname u forgot about me as a base jav!
          9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
          4:Nimrook> No?
          4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
          4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
          4:Akuun> ROFL
          4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
          4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
          4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

I'm not really following how this makes it official anymore than any of the other posts

Comment

actually K2Grey's list makes a lot more sense to me than any other before
              jee

Comment

that can't be because you are on three places on the list can it?

Comment

Warportal is so passé
                  I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Cundor is so homosexual
                    Originally posted by Facetious
                    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

You know, I'll be the first to say Warportal is a great terr, but right now I wouldn't put him #1 in basing. Sure he's good, hell he's still got incredible moves, but if anything showed through during the TWLB final it was that warp's a bit off his game. He's not playing as often as he used to, and that can make all the difference in your terring rhythm, but he wasn't the warportal of the early season nor season 5 in those last 2 matches. His balance on the line was almost sloppy at times, and I'm sure other people in spec felt that he was getting frazzled early in those matches. So, who is #1? well, no one really.

Part of the problem has to do with the degeneration of the terr's role in basing; cram O/D is pretty formulaic leaving little room for improvisation. What it boils down to is the best terrs are the ones that play as conservative to the formula as possible (See Pure_Luck for the best example). This isn't to say that their aren't a few great terrs in the new crop of basers, but it's not like season 5 where the top 4 (brookus, mythrandir, warportal, mitch) stood head and shoulders above the competition. There's just little head room in how to play terr these days.

Comment

you bastards are racist against weasels and lancs.

p.s. don't argue... i'll make you eat your teeth
                        plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by Emaho
                          that can't be because you are on three places on the list can it?
                          archer is prolly the only one i disagree with
                          jee

Comment

I made a list...Nick I'll hook ya up with the $5 later
                            Dice
                            TWLB Champions Season 8
                            TWLJ Champions Season 8
                            TWLB Champions Season 10
                            TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by wadi

Part of the problem has to do with the degeneration of the terr's role in basing; cram O/D is pretty formulaic leaving little room for improvisation. What it boils down to is the best terrs are the ones that play as conservative to the formula as possible (See Pure_Luck for the best example). This isn't to say that their aren't a few great terrs in the new crop of basers, but it's not like season 5 where the top 4 (brookus, mythrandir, warportal, mitch) stood head and shoulders above the competition. There's just little head room in how to play terr these days.
                              It still boils down to whatever you want to play and whatever style you want to play. No one is 'forcing' you to play a certain style. If you wanna adapt against a cramming team with javs or wbs then it's up to you to find something that will successfully do that ... of course it takes work and time ... you can't just miraculously do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X