Start the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's not be hastie

I think everyone needs to just chill out.
    The new twl season is a tricky beast to manage. Everyone is asking why is it taking so long for the new twl season to start? Well I will let the cat out of the bag and tell you.

See twice a year there's the chimpmonk migration which occurs across the world. BUt who cares about that right? Well you should care...

See it's become an epidemic where b/c of the increase levels of lead in ground waters the plants that they eat have become saturated with lead and other metals. The chipmonks eat the plants and in turn have developed a higher than normal metalic and magnetic content.

NOw the problem arises when they mass-migrate..it causes all sorts of magnetic issues and can wipe out entire data bases for up to 20 miles along the coridor they travel.

So everyone is warned and well aware of this problem. The only way to prevent this is to transfer data to other servers out of the path of the magnetic monks...so we saw one cross over recently as some of the servers were just switched.

The problem is you used to be able to set your watch by the migration times..twice a year, same time, everytime. But now they've thrown in where some years they do a third migration...and the timing is sporadic at best when the third migration is thrown into the mix.

So there's a bunch of TW people up in towers with binoculars watching and waiting to see when the little rodents will finally make their migration and the data can be sent back to main servers after they pass by.

So every time twl season is late in starting....blame the chipmonks. Or better yet blame us for poluting the ground waters and causing the whole mess in the first place.

Now we've done it-dam it all to hell, we'll destoryed our way of life. Give a hoot-don't polute.

So we'll update this thread when we have a chipmonk migration update for you....stay tooned.
    I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in another thread started by JacKieChan> and then quoted in yet another thread in which JacKieChan> was being a dumbass
      Axe JacKieChan>. He's a shithead.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I think u probably need moret hen 2-3 weeks for TWD to even out. I would say atleast a month minimum. ANd like u said it wont start on march 1st probably. So we can push that bad to atleast midway through July, which again would add probably a week delay w/ the 4th of july. We are heading towards end of summer neway. Next season tho, make it like someoen said make it winter leagues.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

okay, so resetting the TWD tourny will set things in motion- can we do that? is pure_luck the one to talk to?
          Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Re: Let's not be hastie

Originally posted by JacKieChan>
            nonsensical misspelled bullshit
            You can tell dumb stories on the forums that nobody reads! Wanna join Pallies?

On topic, though, we are waiting for leagues to start so that people can fix all these problems with TWD/TWL, but I don't think people are that concerned... If we'd just started a new TWL right after the old one ended, with the same bot problems as last season, we could have finished a whole season by now. I think people only complain so much about the rules, bot malfunctions, etc, BECAUSE it takes so damn long to get leagues started every time. If leagues were just running constantly, it would be easy to understand why there were bugs, and I think most people would be fine with it.
            Last edited by Facetious; 02-27-2004, 02:33 PM.
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Bots should have been used next season, and this season should have started in January. Sort of like what everyone was saying about 3 months ago. But, now we get to have summer leagues, with low attendance and the competition being much lower. HURRAY for unnecessary bots. Spastic running leagues was a stupid idea from the get-go.
              Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Re: Re: Let's not be hastie

Originally posted by Facetious
                We are waiting for leagues to start so that people can fix all these problems with TWD/TWL, but I don't think people are that concerned... If we'd just started a new TWL right after the old one ended, with the same bot problems as last season, we could have finished a whole season by now. I think people only complain so much about the rules, bot malfunctions, etc, BECAUSE it takes so damn long to get leagues started every time. If leagues were just running constantly, it would be easy to understand why there were bugs, and I think most people would be fine with it.
                I disagree with your reasoning, but you're right about starting. Even if there was a legit reason for bugs, people would still bitch. People bitch constantly, as I'm sure you've noticed. They don't even need bugs to bitch about. If bot development is such a problem, let's go back to manually hosting stuff.

Comment

I'm saying they'd bitch a little less. Now that we're having summer leagues, these bot changes better be worth it. Not like I play in leagues or anything, of course.
                  5:gen> man
                  5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Rides
                    okay, so resetting the TWD tourny will set things in motion- can we do that? is pure_luck the one to talk to?
                    I believe it's Cpt. Guano actually.

Comment

Hey Face, i totaly agree with u on that one. I am one who faught so they could ge the bots done, and to give them time. I wasnt sure how long it would take, but now that its taking this long the bots BETTER be worth it. I woudl also think taht since these bots have had such major updates this off-season, i would expect the season after this one to come alot quicker and so on. No need for this sort of update every year.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

You're all ignoring the fact that he just started the TWDT - something that will run for at least 2 months. TWL Finals 4 August 4 Life.
                        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                          You're all ignoring the fact that he just started the TWDT - something that will run for at least 2 months. TWL Finals 4 August 4 Life.
                          The TWDT should have no effect on anything.

Comment

You're kidding right? TWDT uses the TWL timeslots, it uses the TWL players on a weekend - HOW does it not disrupt it?

You expect players to show up for 6 games a weekend (3 for twl and 3 for twdt) while scheduling games for 2 leagues at once? (considering your squad is split all over TWDT too)

It couldn't interfere more.
                            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

no it's really not going to conflict at all. If TWD gets reset tomorrow, and we all know it won't be, it's 4 more weeks til TWL can actually start. Week 1 is probably preseason. So it's 5 weeks away, at the very earliest. By then only 2 teams are left in TWDT playoffs, and more importantly, no one gives a fuck about TWDT.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                                and more importantly, no one gives a fuck about TWDT.
                                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                                There wont be another election for president.
                                Obama is the Omega President.
                                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X