Start the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruby
    Seriously though other zones- newer ones, have gone through 10+ seasons of leagues. Trench Wars is on it's Seventh and it's the most POPULATED ZONE by a fucking long shot.
    OH MY GOD GET THIS STARTED ALREADY!

Here's how I would run things:

TWL PROCESS
    1. 14 squads in each sub-league.
    2. No Conferences, All squads play eachother once. This enables all possibilities of fair play among competition.
    3. 1 Pre-Season Week, 13 Weeks of Regular Season. 2 Weeks Reserved just in case of possible delays (expecting delays so the schedules don't get outta wack). 14(16) weeks, which is almost 4 months for Regular Season.
    4. Playoffs are Voted on Before the start of TWL. Top 8 from each Sub-League enter Playoffs. (This will allow the fairest play possible from all aspects). The vote would be either-
    A:Single Elimination
    B:Double Elimination
    5. Champions are declared, Season is over.

This will take 20 weeks, Roughly 5 Months.

TWL REQUALIFYING PROCESS
    1. All squads that entered the Playoffs Re-enter TWL Automatically.
    2. The TWD ranking system will be used. This will start the day after TWL is over, and span over the length of 1 month. The highest ranked TWD teams will fill spots emptied out by the bottom 6, and fill any spots due to any squads that dissolve.

Mid-Season Dissolving Squads Issues
    1. If a squad Dissolves during the Mid-Season, the fairest and most efficent way to calculate squads that have already played the squad which dissolved, and the squads that havn't played them yet, is to Ignore their Spot Completely. So all squads that have played that squad lose that game, and it turns into an N/A. All squads that have not played them yet receive a Bye Week. I know what you're thinking, "What about the squads that have already played against them? Won't that affect their playoff standings?" The answer is No. Think about it in the Long run. You're just voiding out 1 week, so if everyone receives that Bye Week, and the teams that have already played them receive a void game, the standings come out in the long run before playoff standings FAIR for everyone.
    2. Since the Regular Season is shorter, the playoffs have 8 spots available, and the downtime between Leagues will be shorter (1 month), squads will less likely dissolve, and try to stick together, because 1 month of a break will leave squads with not enough time to rehabilitate. Not to mention they will have to requalify for TWD.

TWLD Process
    1. 3 Rounds, Each with 15 Minute time limit. 5 Minutes to Prepare for the 1st round, and 2 minutes 30 seconds to prepare for second round, and if lengthened to 3rd round, 2 minutes and 30 seconds to prepare for the third round. A time extension can be requested for the 1st round only. The extension will be 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
    2. 1 Substitution per round.
    3. 3 Lagouts and player must be subbed or death will be set to 10.

TWLJ Process
    1. 3 Rounds, Each with 15 Minute time limit. 5 Minutes to Prepare for the 1st round, and 2 minutes 30 seconds to prepare for second round, and if lengthened to 3rd round, 2 minutes and 30 seconds to prepare for the third round. A time extension can be requested for the 1st round only. The extension will be 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
    2. 1 Substitution per round.
    3. 3 Lagouts and player must be subbed or death will be set to 10.

TWLB Process
    1. 1 Round, 30 Minute time limit. 10 Minutes to Prepare for the round. A time extension can be requested, the extension will be 5 minutes.
    2. The Substitution Process and Changing players between Ships would be publically voted on to allow fairest determination. I was thinking along the lines of: 1 Substitution, 2 Changeovers.
    3. 5 Lagouts and player must be subbed or death will be set to 10.

That about wraps it up for now. I'll be back with more and come to see what you guys thought of it.

What ruby said..hurry and start the leagues because people are getting impatient. Since the league should have started like 3 months ago, I blame staff's unorganized lazy ass for holding out so long to make squads like -final- die out. We were top notch like a month ago, but when we heard league isn't going to start, everyone didnt care anymore. Thanks whoever is head of league development. Just use what we had last season. The delay is not the worth such little improvement.
    Youtube.com/FieryFire3D
    Every subscriber, video view, and time spent winning cash events directly helps our growth!

Comment

Actually I'd prefer a 3 month period between leagues to 1 month. But yeah this 1 year waiting between leagues is ridiculous.

League rules and qualifying procedure isn't really an issue Ruby, that's all decided on and I think the way they have it setup is fine. I do agree with the idea of having a start date (3 months as opposed to your 1 month plan) for the next league, and if new changes aren't implemented in that time period, then they just don't happen until the next season as opposed to countless delays.

The only issue right now though is whether to keep waiting for improved bots to reset TWD or to just do it now with what we have. I've made it pretty obvious which way I've preferred for the past few months.
      Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 03-02-2004, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Well Mayo

I thought you of all people would recognize sarcasm.

Mayo Inc.>?buy sarcasm detector
        Robo help>Request ERROR..."Idiot cannot be upgraded"...You will never have enough points, give it up Mayo Inc. just ask someone else if something is funny.

Love you Mayo.
        I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Comment

I like everything that Ruby said, except 1 month does seem a little short. I'd say 2 would be best.
          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

MAYBE I WAS BEING SARCASTIC TOO. Well no, and you're still something bad. Start the leagues please
            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
              Actually I'd prefer a 3 month period between leagues to 1 month. But yeah this 1 year waiting between leagues is ridiculous.

League rules and qualifying procedure isn't really an issue Ruby, that's all decided on and I think the way they have it setup is fine. I do agree with the idea of having a start date (3 months as opposed to your 1 month plan) for the next league, and if new changes aren't implemented in that time period, then they just don't happen until the next season as opposed to countless delays.

The only issue right now though is whether to keep waiting for improved bots to reset TWD or to just do it now with what we have. I've made it pretty obvious which way I've preferred for the past few months.
              I was pointing out the things that are wrong in TWL. My Voiding process fixes the dissolving squads, and the change in twld/twlj/twlb will enhance leagues much more.
              I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

I think the voiding process is a good idea, and i don't care how long the delay is between seasons, as long as everyone sticks to the schedule.

the thing I really like about ruby's idea is that you just set a schedule and go with it, if improvements aren't complete, wait until the next cycle before you implement them.

the only thing I disagree with is minor, I think basing should be a point race, not a 30 minute time limit.
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Yep i like how ruby is sayin to run it to! I would have to say tho after these updated bots, and after this coming TWL season i imagine the updates wont be as much as there were after this one. The bots will be the ones that the ops wanted. A few updates would be made, but i dont see them making a whole new thing. It should be quicker.

I'd also think that u'd need more then 3 months. Ur all complaining about the summer leagues, but if u start the TWD rite after TWL and make it go 2-3 months u'd run into summer. Example- U start TWL november, 5 monthes later TWL ends which would be The end of march/beginning of april. Then u have 2 months of TWD, u'd be starting TWL in end of june/begining of July. WHich is summer. Even if u do 3 month break it'd be August which is still basicaly summer. U'd almost have to wait 4ish months till september. Then run the league for 5 months, but it'd eventualy run into summer as it evolves. This was jsut an example, but if u find the perfect months to start/end then it'd work.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Ruby's idea suxxerz!

.. okay, I don't mean that.. but all this unity is sick man.. just sick! :I

Okay, I'll try to come up with something.... hmmm.......

Oh! The Playoff squad automatically requalify thing.. meh. I like the idea of some sort of limit to that, as is in place now; the 50% of the original squad must still remain thing. Although, I believe that number's too high (definately too high for how long we've been waiting for a new season). So maybe a compromise, say 25% of the original squad, and maybe at least one original captain or something.

At that low of a percentage, and only one month between leagues, it'd mostly be just a formality. I just don't like the idea that a squad could requalify based solely on its name, alone, and nothing else, even if only like 4 people stayed and kept it together, and they just recruited a bunch of new people who wanted to play in TWL. Or worse, they effectively dissolve, but technically don't, and just ?squadgrant the name to someone else, who is then able to recruit an entirely new squad, but not have to requalify.

But yeah, otherwise, thumbs up. :P
                    Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Originally posted by Adeon
                      Ruby's idea suxxerz!

.. okay, I don't mean that.. but all this unity is sick man.. just sick! :I

Okay, I'll try to come up with something.... hmmm.......

Oh! The Playoff squad automatically requalify thing.. meh. I like the idea of some sort of limit to that, as is in place now; the 50% of the original squad must still remain thing. Although, I believe that number's too high (definately too high for how long we've been waiting for a new season). So maybe a compromise, say 25% of the original squad, and maybe at least one original captain or something.

At that low of a percentage, and only one month between leagues, it'd mostly be just a formality. I just don't like the idea that a squad could requalify based solely on its name, alone, and nothing else, even if only like 4 people stayed and kept it together, and they just recruited a bunch of new people who wanted to play in TWL. Or worse, they effectively dissolve, but technically don't, and just ?squadgrant the name to someone else, who is then able to recruit an entirely new squad, but not have to requalify.

But yeah, otherwise, thumbs up. :P
                      I think Ruby was just laying out a general idea that the current ops should follow after this league ends. He didnt go into detail on every single rule but i agree with u just like this season hav ea certain percenntage or certain # of ppl who have to stay the same on the squad. Like melee is a great example, they are by far almost 100% different then last TWL they should definatly not deserve there TWL spot back in TWLD/TWLJ, which they wont get, but its what ur saying i think

I'd also like to say that its all fine and dandy w/ the Playoff squads requalifying automaticaly except u have to remember most of the "1 seasons wonders" or the "elite made-2-win" squads that are here to win a TWL and die after 1 season are in this catagory. Not all but alot of playoff squads consist of squads taht are only around for 1 seasons. Like last season, u had light/rampage off the top of my head as 1 season teams last year. There were more, oh yes Egyptian. That in returns leaves EVEN more spots in TWL. I think that a mediocre squads such as Dragonguard should maybe get an automatic bid into TWL being 1 of the TWLD squads dissolved. SOmething like give the 1st non-playoff squad a spot or something. They were competative enuff, and probably more competative then ur really gonna get this season beside the "elite" squads. Then u have squasd like elusive and such who end there dynasty after a season. Im sure Sk8, diso,pallies wll all eventualy end there great runs sooner or later. Just think that the "only" playoff squads auto-qualify is something taht shouldnt be set in stone, much rather be able to adjust things.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Last TWL ended in what? August?

Sept - Oct - Nov - Dec - Jan - Feb - March

Thats time for twl to have fullrun again.
                        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Start the movie. Start the movie. Stop the madness. Start the movie.
                          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

If i had a big dick i wouldnt care about the forums as much
                            lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
                            1:sleuth> sup
                            1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
                            1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
                            1:sleuth> ?
                            1:revolt> rofl
                            1:revolt> ur so bad
                            1:Golden_Aim> LOL
                            1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
                            1:sleuth> i dont get it
                            1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

Comment

Originally posted by genes
                              If i had a big dick i wouldnt care about the forums as much

That probably applies to the entire forum population, including the chicks.
                              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                                Last TWL ended in what? August?

Sept - Oct - Nov - Dec - Jan - Feb - March

Thats time for twl to have fullrun again.
                                I agree, its time for TWL to start, shoudl of started earlier, i dunno what is taking them so long ot make a new bot. What iwas saying is with TWL ending in august, 5 months to run leagues, then 2 months for TWD. That would be march like u said, which would be when leagues would start, which in the end would be league ran over the months of "may,june,july" rite in the mid/end of season. Eventualy u'll have to have a bigger break then 2-3 months b4 a TWL starts again. Thats what i was implying. U cant run TWL for 5 months, 2 month TWD, then TWL rite after it for 5 months, TWD for 2 months and so on. It will eventualy make us have Summer leagues, which is what ur all complaning about. I think u also need more time b4 u reset TWD. Not the day after TWL ends. Squads need time to improve and let new squads get created and off the ground, u'll always have squads dying and dissolving after a season, just like light/ramp last season. U need to give the new "elite" squad time to rise. Im not saying give them 3 months betwen TWL ending and TWD reseting, but atleast give them a month or so, then reset TWD.
                                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                                X