No announcement yet.

Start the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are 6 weeks left of TWDT, so they could reset TWD now, and start leagues the weekend after TWDT is over.
    Last edited by Desperate; 02-28-2004, 12:33 PM.
    1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
    1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
    1: cundor> dude
    1: cundor> i already told my parents
    1: Desperate> LOL
    1: Cremation> HAHA
    1: bram> :)
    1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Desp makes sence, that would be good schedule, I only hope that we have bots that works in next twl, prolly will.
      Original Mambonian
      TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
      I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

I doubt it.
        Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Ya despy got it, reset TWD now or "soon", and then choose teams once the Draft tourny is over. U have to remember, it will probably has like sleepy said 1 week playoff, and 1 week in between twd endin and TWL preseason. So that is techincaly 2 weeks.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Just reset TWD now and start TWL right after TWDT finishes. EZ.

Comment

TWD should have been reset 4 months ago, but they refuse to do so because they want the new bots to be done and used in the twd period before TWL starts. But they seem to be unable to finish the bots, probably because they put it all in the hands of one guy. Let me offer a solution:

Give up on the bots that no one cares about and we could reset TWD in 5 minutes from reading this post and have the leagues started whenever we want. Yes you'll be mocked for delaying the leagues for months for what amounted to no reason at all, but it's better than who knows how many more months of delay. A month ago you said you agreed with that but said the bots were "basically done and just need to be tested" Well a month later, are we any closer at all than we were a month ago? Has this last month of waiting resulted in any benefits at all?
              Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 02-29-2004, 01:56 AM.

Comment

start the next season at least right after TWDT finished, preferably earlier. reset TWD and give us 3 weeks time to battle for the TWL spots, that'll put a fire up your programmer's arses. AND HOW MUCH NEW STUFF CAN YOU NEED FOR BOTS? things were just fine last season, i don't understand why they need so much more programming
                jee

Comment

Why does if feel like something along Nazi germany, we (the people) aren't getting told anything. We're all just speculating. Sigh. START TWL, NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT TWDT!
                  Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                  You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                  There wont be another election for president.
                  Obama is the Omega President.
                  http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

OMG I dont want to wait for twdt or whatever, I am not even playing in it. I just want to play TWL. Lets start it soon goddamnit. We are already waiting for a long time now... sigh.
                    Winner of TWDL Scrotals
                    Winner of TWT Melee
                    Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

There is no waiting for twdt. That has nothing to do with TWL. TWL will start when doublesquadding feature is in the twd bots. Then a reset of TWD, then the start of TWL. I wish it would start already too.

Comment

i wonder how it feels to be the only person dumb enough to not want leagues to start sooner. how does it feel, jackie?

the TW public should be kept informed of developments being made towards the end of TWD and start of TWL, thats not so much to ask is it? The way I see it now, staff is going to start TWL when they're ready, not when we want it (although the two could eventually coincide). I think it would be downright decent of staff to at least inform the public of the progress being made and maybe some estimations on when the whole thing will kick off.

Stop being so hush-hush about it, it's not that big a deal.
                        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

uh o.o;;;;;.....are you talking to me ... o.O i dont know you =.=
                          >^________^<!

Comment

He's talking to jackiechan
                            Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

If they informed us of what was going on - we'd yell at them for taking to long to do something short.
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Seriously though other zones- newer ones, have gone through 10+ seasons of leagues. Trench Wars is on it's Seventh and it's the most POPULATED ZONE by a fucking long shot.
                                OH MY GOD GET THIS STARTED ALREADY!

Here's how I would run things:

TWL PROCESS
                                1. 14 squads in each sub-league.
                                2. No Conferences, All squads play eachother once. This enables all possibilities of fair play among competition.
                                3. 1 Pre-Season Week, 13 Weeks of Regular Season. 2 Weeks Reserved just in case of possible delays (expecting delays so the schedules don't get outta wack). 14(16) weeks, which is almost 4 months for Regular Season.
                                4. Playoffs are Voted on Before the start of TWL. Top 8 from each Sub-League enter Playoffs. (This will allow the fairest play possible from all aspects). The vote would be either-
                                A:Single Elimination
                                B:Double Elimination
                                5. Champions are declared, Season is over.

This will take 20 weeks, Roughly 5 Months.

TWL REQUALIFYING PROCESS
                                1. All squads that entered the Playoffs Re-enter TWL Automatically.
                                2. The TWD ranking system will be used. This will start the day after TWL is over, and span over the length of 2 month. The highest ranked TWD teams will fill spots emptied out by the bottom 6, and fill any spots due to any squads that dissolve.

Mid-Season Dissolving Squads Issues
                                1. If a squad Dissolves during the Mid-Season, the fairest and most efficent way to calculate squads that have already played the squad which dissolved, and the squads that havn't played them yet, is to Ignore their Spot Completely. So all squads which have played the dissolved squad is considered a void. All squads that have not played them yet receive a Bye Week. I know what you're thinking, "What about the squads that have already played against them? Won't that affect their playoff standings?" The answer is No. Think about it in the Long run. You're just voiding out 1 week, so if everyone receives that Bye Week, and the teams that have already played them receive a void game, the standings come out in the long run before playoff standings FAIR for everyone.
                                2. Since the Regular Season is shorter, the playoffs have 8 spots available, and the downtime between Leagues will be shorter (2 months), squads will less likely dissolve, and try to stick together, because a 2 month break will leave squads with not enough time to rehabilitate. Not to mention they will have to requalify for TWD.

TWLD Process
                                1. 3 Rounds, Each with 15 Minute time limit. 5 Minutes to Prepare for the 1st round, and 2 minutes 30 seconds to prepare for second round, and if lengthened to 3rd round, 2 minutes and 30 seconds to prepare for the third round. A time extension can be requested for the 1st round only. The extension will be 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
                                2. 1 Substitution per round.
                                3. 3 Lagouts and player must be subbed or death will be set to 10.

TWLJ Process
                                1. 3 Rounds, Each with 15 Minute time limit. 5 Minutes to Prepare for the 1st round, and 2 minutes 30 seconds to prepare for second round, and if lengthened to 3rd round, 2 minutes and 30 seconds to prepare for the third round. A time extension can be requested for the 1st round only. The extension will be 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
                                2. 1 Substitution per round.
                                3. 3 Lagouts and player must be subbed or death will be set to 10.

TWLB Process
                                1. 1 Round, 30 Minute time limit. 10 Minutes to Prepare for the round. A time extension can be requested, the extension will be 5 minutes.
                                2. The Substitution Process and Changing players between Ships would be publically voted on to allow fairest determination. I was thinking along the lines of: 1 Substitution, 2 Changeovers.
                                3. 5 Lagouts and player must be subbed or death will be set to 10.

Update:
                                The Total Time it would take to finish up the TWL season would be 18 weeks (20 if you use double elimination). If you incorporated the 2 months between seasons, that would be 26 weeks. Which means that there would be 2 TWL seasons in one year. That's speeding up the process by twice as much. I wish the TWL Ops would see this logic. Instead they decide to "update" bots, that really don't accomplish anything besides causing further laziness. No One Cares if the BOT is done or not, manually put lines in, write down the scores, no one cares.

That about wraps it up for now. I'll be back with more and come to see what you guys thought of it.
                                Last edited by Ruby; 03-03-2004, 02:58 AM.
                                I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Working...
                                X