Resolution Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution Limits

Should we raise them , keep them the same? Should we raise them for specfic arenas and not for leagues.

Originally posted by Space_Hiker View Post
    Should we raise them , keep them the same? Should we raise them for specfic arenas and not for leagues.
    raise them for arenas like base, wbduel, javduel, javs, etc... those are more or less 'fun arenas' (arenas where people like to experiment/practice in) keep a regulation res limit for twd/twl/pub (yes some people take pub serious).
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

no changes and go back to the non widescreen max res as left to right is still an advantage. Saying oh pubs don't matter just cap it for TWD etc doesn't fly with me either and if you are a new player into the game learning it at a diff res then downswitching for competive play is silly so cap it at the old cap.

there are those that play on an old laptop or monitor or what have you so the game should allow them to play.

i've a widescreen monitor but i still think that it should be the 4:3 ratio and capped
      In my world,
      I am King

sigpic

Comment

leave as is
        Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
        2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
        2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

raise it. Some people use there lag to an advantage. I own a widescreen and i want the full effects from it.
          8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

I would be overwhelmingly in favor of raising the limits in at least base and pub. Seems fair to concede the point to leave the limit in league play.

Comment

i was staunchly against raising the limit until i realized that you really can't buy a 4:3 monitor anymore ANYWHERE. Believe me, I called every store around, and had almost as hard a time convincing people I didn't want WS.

ended up with widescreen, even though it does support 4:3. That being said, I think that any really competitive arena (TWD, Elim, Tourny) should keep the 1280x1024 maximum. I think 1440x900 should be allowed in all other arenas.

i'm still agianst raising it... though i'm very for allowing WS equivalents to non-competitive arenas (or atleast ones that don't involve sniping). i could be going it at 1680x1050, but i think that's overkill. Also, FPS drops dramatically on me, so it's really not practical anyway.
              .fffffffff_____
              .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
              .ffffff|ff __fffff|
              .fffffff\______/
              .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
              .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
              .fffff\________/
              .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
              .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
              .fff\__________/

Comment

Gee it'd sure be nice if I could play any arena without having to switch profiles every fuckin time. Grow a pair and use the god damn radar! TW should embrace what other zones have done instead of ignoring them.

Comment

true because those other zones are doing soo much better then us -_-
                  Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                  2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                  2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
                    true because those other zones are doing soo much better then us -_-
                    spoken like a true republican TROLLED

Comment

I hate playing windowed (1280x1024) with my 22" Widescreen Monitor. Though I can read forums or play some old game like HoMM3 windowed while playing TWD / TWL / Tourny / Events.. though my squadies don't like that.

I would want to see the Widescreen Res. in other arenas than just ?go JAVS2 (1440x900)

Raise it to 1440x900 to most of the arenas. Just my opinion.

Comment

This thread will just be people who have 1440x900 monitors like me begging to raise it in all arenas against people who are poor and playing on laptops or old monitors saying lower it.
                        1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                        Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                        1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                        1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                        beam> stfu tsunami
                        Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                        beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                        Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Age View Post
                          This thread will just be people who have 1440x900 monitors like me begging to raise it in all arenas against people who are poor and playing on laptops or old monitors saying lower it.
                          Yea, fuck the poor. Raise it
                          8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Remove the limit entirely. Its losing players. I know several people who have bought new monitors that interpolate for 4:3 resolutions, and they are saying "why does SS look so terrible? I can't play it!" and slowly drifting away, playing games that aren't all blocky and horrible.

If you want to argue that it keeps people with older computers competitive, you might as well introduce artificial lag so that everyone has at least 200ms, because its obviously unfair that people who live near the server have 20ms and people in Australia have 250ms!

Some "equality" is just stupid, and these days its penalising people with good computers by forcing them to play windowed or interpolated.

Suggestion: why not run a poll asking people what the max res their computer can support is? Find out roughly how many people are still limited...

LEM
                            DinkyKitty.com - news, reviews and articles of a techy nature

Comment

Well, in the era of widescreen laptops, 1440x900 option is a must. I think it is pretty unfair for me to be forced to play on 1280x900 while others can stick to the maximum res. I just cannot develop anyhow the desired res on the 17' HP laptop screen. If there is any way I could do it, tell me.

I knew some people argued that, for instance, TWDD arena is rectangular and players with 1440 pixels horizontally get an obvious advantage. But notice that it is rarely the case that the shape of the map plays a vital role. The ratio of horizontal/vertical fight is approx. 1:1. If someone has a big screen and can support higher res, he can easily select the windowed mode.

As my personal opinion, I think it's much more convenient to be able to play at the standard 1280x1024 res. The first thing is that the total area is slighly bigger. Secondly, you get enough time to dodge radar shoots from either direction, while having 900 vertically makes it a problem and puts a player like me in a disadvantage.

As for basing, notice that smaller vertical distance is a disadvantage during cram struggle. For javs, res change does not play such a vital role.

vt.
                              2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                              2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                              2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Working...
                              X