Twdt 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Summa View Post
    i ran it last time, i can still admin the site, help w/ rules, and do some work, but i can't carry the league entirely like last time. the rules i have now are a nice base of operations if you guys wanna build on em that is fine, just throw some credit my way. i hadn't heard anything from staff in months so i put this on the backburner. just let me know if anyone needs me.

Edit: oh yeah, i also admin this section of the forums, so yell @ me if you need me to fix shit up on forums
    as much as i talked shit about certain things with TWDT last season, you did revive it and did a pretty good job summa/humidity... so for that I give you lots of props

EDIT: Also dwopple, now I'm a quicksand player so yeah i have a bias... but what I read in those logs just shows izor DOES care about the zone and you just don't like him or care about what he thinks based on his ego... and that's all those logs stated...

how is that helpful? if a player has an ego but does something good for the zone let them... just my opinion anyway... i mean wark is pretty much the same way, he has ego but does good thigns for the zone so people forgive him for the ego part, but you are not giving izor that chance
    Last edited by Exalt; 02-15-2009, 12:37 AM.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

having run a league and in particular this league once before i think i understand the community flak that you get for your choices. here's the bottom line: this league is a gift. people are donating their time and efforts into this league, that they tend to have to remove themselves from and govern unbiasedly. someone creates an entity that garners activity and gives enjoyment to people worldwide....for what? nothing + all the shit you catch. dwopple, i understand if you have qualms with izor's character as well as wark's, but why don't you see what they contribute and bring to the table before you discredit them. i may not agree with wark politically and he may piss me off at times, but he definitely works hard and has passion. izor tends to be a more cynical ass who shit talks, but he definitely isn't stupid. in fact i would say izor is far more intelligent when he tries than most people who play this game.

now my only issue with what is happening right now is an issue with bias. you both work very well together, there is no doubt about that, but you also tend to have bias towards your friends/ex-qs members and in general i think you guys will side with eachother on decisions because you tend to see things a similar way. and i will just assume that both of you will want to participate in your league, so let me suggest this: you guys can shape the rules or dictate to me and i can write them (partly because i think i am more experienced in writing rules/contracts/formalities), but let me govern unbiasedly over the disputes in game, rule infractions, and appeals (as i have no intent to enter into the league as a player). i of course will consult you both prior to any official decision being announced publically. anyways, in terms of the site, thanks ardour if you wanna re-make it entirely, but i am quite alright with www.trenchwars.org/twdt. well that's just my input for now i am curious to see what rule changes you guys want to implement, and i can unlock threads and sticky threads if you guys need access.

contact me in game if you need anything

-humid
      TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
      TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
      Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
      - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
      Originally posted by kthx
      Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

having run a league and in particular this league once before i think i understand the community flak that you get for your choices. here's the bottom line: this league is a gift. people are donating their time and efforts into this league, that they tend to have to remove themselves from and govern unbiasedly. someone creates an entity that garners activity and gives enjoyment to people worldwide....for what? nothing + all the shit you catch. dwopple, i understand if you have qualms with izor's character as well as wark's, but why don't you see what they contribute and bring to the table before you discredit them. i may not agree with wark politically and he may piss me off at times, but he definitely works hard and has passion. izor tends to be a more cynical ass who shit talks, but he definitely isn't stupid. in fact i would say izor is far more intelligent when he tries than most people who play this game.

now my only issue with what is happening right now is an issue with bias. you both work very well together, there is no doubt about that, but you also tend to have bias towards your friends/ex-qs members and in general i think you guys will side with eachother on decisions because you tend to see things a similar way. and i will just assume that both of you will want to participate in your league, so let me suggest this: you guys can shape the rules or dictate to me and i can write them (partly because i think i am more experienced in writing rules/contracts/formalities), but let me govern unbiasedly over the disputes in game, rule infractions, and appeals (as i have no intent to enter into the league as a player). i of course will consult you both prior to any official decision being announced publically. anyways, in terms of the site, thanks ardour if you wanna re-make it entirely, but i am quite alright with www.trenchwars.org/twdt. well that's just my input for now i am curious to see what rule changes you guys want to implement, and i can unlock threads and sticky threads if you guys need access.

contact me in game if you need anything

-humid
        so what you're saying is that you will let wark and izor come up with all the ideas to fix things, but you are going to run the league and govern everything again... which u basically said you couldn't and didn't have the time to do like a few hours ago... i don't understand what you're trying to get at now? If you don't have the time or the willpower to run the league then why would you say "let me run the league" now?
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

thats the thing, i even said to izor that im sure his ideas are great, but his ego is what makes many think of this as just another joke.

there are plenty of people who are willing to contribute, staff just like to shoot them down.

Hercules, for example was axed from staff for holding a private wb match with a robobot before a TWLD match. apparently it had been decided that it wasnt a good thing to do and word never got to herc. Just an example of someone respected in TW being shot down by staff.

i think izor's intentions are good, but i dont see many people taking him seriously with the way he acts and present himself in this zone.

HTF you say yes its true that people do need to step up.

people are already responding in this thread about willing to help, i think this league should re-evaluate it's leaders and not assign the first two people to extend their offer to help as the people to run this league.

For one, both izor and wark think basing is a joke so im sure they will help contribute lots to the basing aspect.

choose other people to keep this zone alive during the offseason.
          zidane> big play
          Omega Red> dwop sick
          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
            as much as i talked shit about certain things with TWDT last season, you did revive it and did a pretty good job summa/humidity... so for that I give you lots of props

EDIT: Also dwopple, now I'm a quicksand player so yeah i have a bias... but what I read in those logs just shows izor DOES care about the zone and you just don't like him or care about what he thinks based on his ego... and that's all those logs stated...

how is that helpful? if a player has an ego but does something good for the zone let them... just my opinion anyway... i mean wark is pretty much the same way, he has ego but does good thigns for the zone so people forgive him for the ego part, but you are not giving izor that chance
            what makes you think im the only one that doesnt like izor?
            i guarantee there are more people than wark and izor willing to help. why not appoint people that are more respected in this zone and know more than just one league?

izor and wark arent the only ones who want to do good things for TW
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            WillBy> ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
              thats the thing, i even said to izor that im sure his ideas are great, but his ego is what makes many think of this as just another joke.

there are plenty of people who are willing to contribute, staff just like to shoot them down.

Hercules, for example was axed from staff for holding a private wb match with a robobot before a TWLD match. apparently it had been decided that it wasnt a good thing to do and word never got to herc. Just an example of someone respected in TW being shot down by staff.

i think izor's intentions are good, but i dont see many people taking him seriously with the way he acts and present himself in this zone.

HTF you say yes its true that people do need to step up.

people are already responding in this thread about willing to help, i think this league should re-evaluate it's leaders and not assign the first two people to extend their offer to help as the people to run this league.

For one, both izor and wark think basing is a joke so im sure they will help contribute lots to the basing aspect.

choose other people to keep this zone alive during the offseason.
              i would think izor is just the background guy giving ideas for structure in the wb department...im sure wark is the real one running it, along with ardour probably doing ratings... and I'm sure they will want a jav leader and base leader to step up and help with those departments...i just think they are saying they want to help fix it and make it work.. which I dont see the problem in that...

and the staff thing shooting down players who have good ideas...i fully agree with that, but nothing will be done so its pointless arguing about it... i mean some staff are really good while most of them are useless and just have their little clique going on, and don't want anyone to disrupt that, its why most players aren't added to staff beside random newbies like charis who will just kiss ass instead of making up ideas

what makes you think im the only one that doesnt like izor?
              i guarantee there are more people than wark and izor willing to help. why not appoint people that are more respected in this zone and know more than just one league?

izor and wark arent the only ones who want to do good things for TW

because they have not said anything nor will they say anything or be proactive in doing it... why shoot down everyone you hate as a player merely because you don't like ego? Izor and wark are the first to say anything about it, and are being proactive in talking to a lot of other players in getting ideas, I see no reason to not let them try. I'm sorry if no one on pirates is that proactive, but don't discredit everyone else for trying.
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

i would think izor is just the background guy giving ideas for structure in the wb department...im sure wark is the real one running it, along with ardour probably doing ratings... and I'm sure they will want a jav leader and base leader to step up and help with those departments...i just think they are saying they want to help fix it and make it work.. which I dont see the problem in that...

and the staff thing shooting down players who have good ideas...i fully agree with that, but nothing will be done so its pointless arguing about it... i mean some staff are really good while most of them are useless and just have their little clique going on, and don't want anyone to disrupt that, its why most players aren't added to staff beside random newbies like charis who will just kiss ass instead of making up ideas

i wouldnt mind this happening, if izor and wark wanna run the WB department let the wbs decide that. But as to them running the whole league, i see failure in the future. I for one wouldnt stick around for it, i guarantee others wouldnt either.

id take izor more seriously if he didnt take his ego so seriously
                zidane> big play
                Omega Red> dwop sick
                WillBy> ^^

Comment

who said anyone was going to be running the whole show. I simply said I have some ideas for the benefit of the league and would like to help out to make it better. I didnt say 'im gonna take this shit over and drop a deuce on DTB'

As you can see from your log, you're completely shut off to listening to anything I might have to say that would benefit all leagues. Also, dont pair me with wark for this. Hes done plenty for this zone without me so far and will continue to do so, but seeing as how he has lots of ego and called your squad ez after TWL along with me I'm surprised you dont hate him too.
                  I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                  I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

i wouldnt mind this happening, if izor and wark wanna run the WB department let the wbs decide that. But as to them running the whole league, i see failure in the future. I for one wouldnt stick around for it, i guarantee others wouldnt either.

id take izor more seriously if he didnt take his ego so seriously
                    can I ask something? Is summa/humidity a good wb? what ship does he even play? Whats wrong with known players like wark and izor who just happen to be wbs instead of the normal basers to run a league? As I see it, majority of staff and majority of those running leagues are basers, and look how shitty most of it turns out. I see no problem with having a wb run something instead of a baser, as long as that player isn't named pascone.
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

so what you're saying is that you will let wark and izor come up with all the ideas to fix things, but you are going to run the league and govern everything again... which u basically said you couldn't and didn't have the time to do like a few hours ago... i don't understand what you're trying to get at now? If you don't have the time or the willpower to run the league then why would you say "let me run the league" now?
                      you have never run a league and you misinterpreted what i said. you have never ran a league i assume, so you don't understand fully how much of a commitment it is. creating rules/dealing with incessant questions/admining the site and forums as well as doing all of the things you created for yourself in your own rules is a tall task. i have enuf time to dictate and make official some rules, i can do that in my sleep, and what i meant by the other part is basically make me head judge...like the supreme court who simply interprets the rules and makes a ruling if disputes/cheating occurs. not "i want to run this league again".

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

you have never run a league and you misinterpreted what i said. you have never ran a league i assume, so you don't understand fully how much of a commitment it is. creating rules/dealing with incessant questions/admining the site and forums as well as doing all of the things you created for yourself in your own rules is a tall task. i have enuf time to dictate and make official some rules, i can do that in my sleep, and what i meant by the other part is basically make me head judge...like the supreme court who simply interprets the rules and makes a ruling if disputes/cheating occurs. not "i want to run this league again".
                        actually I proposed the TW amateur league idea, and had to spend hours and hours coming up with rules and trading ideas with staff, but overall I cannot do it all myself especially when staff do not like me, and the few that do told me it's pointless to try, after that no I didn't try to run a league or to throw ideas about it out there anymore

but don't try to pull the "you obviously haven't ran a league or you would know better" bullshit at me, because that is a low blow and not a good argument

EDIT: and if you were not saying "i want to run it again" then fine I misinterpreted your words, and that is my fault I guess, although you did not use the right wording then... my point was that you said you didn't have the time and so I was asking why did you then change your mind all of a sudden...
                        Last edited by Exalt; 02-15-2009, 01:05 AM.
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

to izor: dont recall saying youd be the one running the whole show. instead, kthx said you two with the help of ardour would.

to exalt: nothin wrong with duelers running the basing scene so long as it isnt people who think basing should go to hell.
                          zidane> big play
                          Omega Red> dwop sick
                          WillBy> ^^

Comment

actually I proposed the TW amateur league idea, and had to spend hours and hours coming up with rules and trading ideas with staff, but overall I cannot do it all myself especially when staff do not like me, and the few that do told me it's pointless to try, after that no I didn't try to run a league or to throw ideas about it out there anymore

but don't try to pull the "you obviously haven't ran a league or you would know better" bullshit at me, because that is a low blow and not a good argument
                            i see no need to insult here, i am merely defending myself from your attack. this isn't a thread for petty differences, it is a thread for proactivity and improvement of twdt. please leave your mudslinging aside. staff doesn't tend to favor me either and i am not staff (we had major issues with left_eye (whom i really think is a terrible staffer) flaking out on his organizational duties as event coordinator), but i spearheaded this league with enough fire and passion last time to resurrect it (that is not targeted at you exalt). dwopple these people you speak of who have good ideas but don't get them implemented due to biases against them....i would love to meet them. i am not a fan of complacent people. if you want something and you got enough passion, then go do it. those people obviously don't want to help that bad or else they would be pushing their ideas so much so that maybe i would have heard of them. if izor has the drive to want to put some ideas into motion, by all means lets hear what he has to say. and even then i have heard a little bit of their plan and it seems this is going to be governed by a board with representation from all leagues rather than just wark/izor...which has its +'s and -'s

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

i see no need to insult here, i am merely defending myself from your attack. this isn't a thread for petty differences, it is a thread for proactivity and improvement of twdt. please leave your mudslinging aside. staff doesn't tend to favor me either and i am not staff (we had major issues with left_eye (whom i really think is a terrible staffer) flaking out on his organizational duties as event coordinator), but i spearheaded this league with enough fire and passion last time to resurrect it (that is not targeted at you exalt). dwopple these people you speak of who have good ideas but don't get them implemented due to biases against them....i would love to meet them. i am not a fan of complacent people. if you want something and you got enough passion, then go do it. those people obviously don't want to help that bad or else they would be pushing their ideas so much so that maybe i would have heard of them. if izor has the drive to want to put some ideas into motion, by all means lets hear what he has to say. and even then i have heard a little bit of their plan and it seems this is going to be governed by a board with representation from all leagues rather than just wark/izor...which has its +'s and -'s
                              are you kidding me? TW staff is straight dictatorship, if someone offers an idea and staff doesnt agree with it, they get put on the ?ignore list. The idea ends there
                              zidane> big play
                              Omega Red> dwop sick
                              WillBy> ^^

Comment

kthx did say theyd get help for evaluating basers and javs :noexpress

Comment

Working...
                                X