Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardour View Post
    An idea to allow more players to take part:

Every week there is 1 match in each league like last season, but a player cant start in more than 1 league a week. This warrants such a need for big rosters (that we currently have).

This would give it a different feel than TWL where the same people feature in all divisions week after week.
    Would need huge rosters (40+) to avoid no shows then. I had 30+ last season on my roster and I didn't have close to 18 people showing up each week. If you want more people playing then just have more squads, last season there were 160 players on "waivers." Could do 12 maybe 16 teams if you wanted.

Comment

Something needs to be done to get more people involved, and I'm not smart enough to have a discussion by myself to figure it out. Last year the amount of players that didnt play was just ridiculous. You wouldnt need an increased roster size if people knew they were going to play imo, and I think having a game on sat and a game on sun would be fine. More stressful to host? Maybe, but having 16 teams x 3 games = 48 games and having 8 teams x 6 games = 48 games. Either way you accomplish the same burden on staff. I personally like the bigger roster idea because it will give people a chance to talk about shit, although that naturally also has downsides like egos.
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Currently the sizes of the teams last season is around 30. That's the size of of a TWD squad so the teams are way to small. We definitely havent enough for 16 squads, if the same numbers signup. But I think increasing the amount of squads to 12 is a potential solution. In last seasons numbers, it leaves 40 players on the waivers list. Then after week 7, regular season, top 8 qualify for play-offs like last season.

It all depends on how many signup. So lets just say, we will wait and see how many players signup. Then see how many squads we need, to make so many 40 size squads and a decent sized waivers list.

So

4 squads x 40 players = 160 (need around 200 players)
        8 squads x 40 players = 320 (need around 400 players)
        12 squads x 40 players = 480 (need around 550 players)
        16 squads x 40 players = 640 (need around 700+ players)

Plus, with more teams, there will be more trades, more auctions, etc, so there will be a need for more listed waivers. But with more teams, theres the giving up/no shows possibility.

Future implementation/bot work needed(suggestion)

Each player has 15 deaths per week. eg:
        player1 plays a dueling match, goes 8-8. Has 7 deaths left.
        player1 is subbed in a jav match with 3 lives and goes 1-3. Has 4 Deaths left.
        For basing, say an average squad wins a match in around 15 minutes. (15 x 60)/10 = 90. So 1 death = 1 minute 30 seconds. So, the time limit is then checked to see how long is currently played. player1 in the example has 4 deaths left so can be subbed in, in the last 6 minutes.

The bot work needed here will be:
        Adding a player: Has the player got 10 lives?
        Subbing a player: Has the player got enough lives to be subbed in for the given amount of lives/time left?
        Completion of a game: Update life variables at end of a match.

This system basically is what I mentioned in my last post. Limiting a player to so much playing time per week.
        Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
        TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

This system basically is what I mentioned in my last post. Limiting a player to so much playing time per week.
          that's sounds pretty complicated, but then again, so do most of the other ideas.

A way to simplify it would be to say they have one game to play, period. If they go 10-5, good for them, but they don't get to play again that week. If they get subbed out, too bad, wait til next week.

The thing is, I don't think many people with inflated egos will show up if they only have 4 mins they can play in a bd or 2 deaths to play in a ld. Plus, it's a lot of added planning on the parts of captians, to ensure they have enough players on (and don't sub in someone with less than the remaining deaths... if they did he would be unable to play his final few deaths and the captain would have used his sub already).

If you have two games each weekend instead of just one, and they both count the same, then it would work even better IMO to only allow someone to play one game a week (might expand it to one game per league if it restricts player availability too much). This could have the affect of an "A" squad and a "B" squad.. which isn't the best way to integrate players, but it's better than just an "A" squad by itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other thing that needs to be figured out before too long is how you guys want to go about handling player transactions and team rankings. We can all agree we don't want players being traded for 27*'s this time around and that W/L across the each league might not be the best way to go about it this time.
          .fffffffff_____
          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
          .fffffff\______/
          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
          .fffff\________/
          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
          .fff\__________/

Comment

Im pretty sure TWLM will have a much more accurate balance of players' values than *'s. I mean a 1 league all star last season was worth what 8* instead of 10? In TWLM I might be worth what 600 in DTD but 300 in jav if I'm lucky and 300 in base, vs a 3 league all star thats 600 in all 3, thatll come out to 1800 vs 1200 already. The overall player is going to be valued more in this league not just their one league value

Comment

Future implementation/bot work needed(suggestion)

Each player has 15 deaths per week. eg:
              player1 plays a dueling match, goes 8-8. Has 7 deaths left.
              player1 is subbed in a jav match with 3 lives and goes 1-3. Has 4 Deaths left.
              For basing, say an average squad wins a match in around 15 minutes. (15 x 60)/10 = 90. So 1 death = 1 minute 30 seconds. So, the time limit is then checked to see how long is currently played. player1 in the example has 4 deaths left so can be subbed in, in the last 6 minutes.
              I really really really do not like this idea. It will create a big mess with everyone who plays more than one league, and will make people get subbed for that really "elite" player who has only 4 deaths to use. So you have a normal player who is 10-6, they are going to be subbed for that "elite" player for the final 4 deaths. Bad idea.
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

imo if this league is supposed to be about all 3 leagues and highlight 3 league talent, limiting people to only play once/week is going to take something away from that, even if the intention is to let other people that signed up get time.

Btw I'm well aware that my math in my earlier post was off by not dividing the # of games by 2, so dont think you're smart if you catch on

Comment

So, whoever is running it this year, please contact me in game. I would like to set up some scheduling with the other leagues/events happening.

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post
                    So, whoever is running it this year, please contact me in game. I would like to set up some scheduling with the other leagues/events happening.
                    sorry but your little race car league takes last place to every other league in this zone, because it sucks
                    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                      sorry but your little race car league takes last place to every other league in this zone, because it sucks
                      There is also BWC, TWEL as well as your aforementioned TWRC. And really, its not MY little race league. It is Rodge_Rabbits. I'm just carrying the baton.

Comment

any chance of putting stickball somewhere in there?
                        Originally posted by paradise!
                        pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                        1:Reaver> HALP
                        1:Reaver> HELELP
                        1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                        1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post
                          There is also BWC, TWEL as well as your aforementioned TWRC. And really, its not MY little race league. It is Rodge_Rabbits. I'm just carrying the baton.
                          I may be entirely biased since I revived this league and want it to succeed, but my thoughts are that outside of TWL and TWD this league should be your top priority. BWC has been wonderful for drawing crowds in the past, but this last BWC had a very poor turnout and very poor league leadership. It floundered in the water. As for TWEL and TWRC, those are leagues that draw very minimal people in comparison to this one. I know the exact # of people who applied for this league last year since I had to hand add every god damn one to the site. The final count was 547. (Barring some were removed and some withdrew) So if you have any interest in keeping zone population afloat I would suggest this league quickly become high priority and not just another league one your list. Just my 2 cents though.
                          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                          Originally posted by kthx
                          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Definitely what Summa said is true. If you put in TWDTD it will do great things for zone population and it's like a revived league every Sunday, but with new teams and new faces so it makes it exciting.

By the way I'm ready to (C) it.

Comment

Seriously, racing and BWC over this?

Comment

u cant leave out TWDT.. intricate part of trench war society, put UG cap again he's the shit
                                p.s. for players like me, dont bother assigning "values" to me, cuz no number can explain how much skill i have.
                                you're pro or you're noob, thats life.
                                Fludd:
                                TWLB Champion Season - 9
                                TWLJ Champion Season - 10
                                TWLJ Champion Season - 11
                                TWLD Champion Season - 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season - 12
                                TWLD Champion Season - 13
                                TWLJ Champion Season - 13
                                TWLJ Champion Season - 14
                                TWEL-J Champion Season - 4

Comment