Twdt 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eugene View Post
    u cant leave out TWDT.. intricate part of trench war society, put UG cap again he's the shit
    p.s. for players like me, dont bother assigning "values" to me, cuz no number can explain how much skill i have.
    you're pro or you're noob, thats life.
    When did I say I was leaving out TWDT?

I have committed ECT to doing all TWEL, TWRC, BWC and TWDT last year.

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=34973

I want to see the 2 major event leagues (BWC and TWDT) to take over the important summer months.

There is no reason that we cant have it all :P.

Comment

read this thread awhile ago, and went over a fraction of the new posts since then, but i was thinking that maybe you could add a minor league dimension to this TWDT, for all the players that don't get to play. people commented on how only a select few actually got to play TWDT... well, why not a minor league to get those other players playing? or an NBDL type of thing. If you're good enough in minors, you go into the Major League/NBA.

TWDT-DL? In case you didn't know, NBA has a National Basketball Development League, where players who aren't quite good enough for the NBA, but are still pretty good go to play, and they can get called upon to play the real deal in 10-day contracts (in this case, a single real deal game). [Ramon Sessions is my boy]

anyways... this would complicate things for the captain though (since egos may be bruised playing in the TWDT-DL), but a well chosen captain can handle this or will choose humble players (assuming they don't want to bother with egos)

just an idea, though it may be hard to implement.
      -not in game

Comment

so....any word on this? no updates on rule sets or any updates on anything posted recently? any progress being made? just looking for updates.

and as for the above suggestion...it twas tried with TWIL a while back, and it just did not seem to work. maybe times have changed, but it seems like a risky addition that could just fail dismally.
        TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
        TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
        Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
        - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
        Originally posted by kthx
        Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Me and Izor are still doing work on it, and so far we have got most of the ideas covered without really having to do any extra coding so once we set up the guidelines we can go ahead and start the draft once we get a list of players involved. Lets just go with sometime before next Sunday there should be the post with the new system, and hopefully before the Sunday after we should have a list compiled of players wanting to play.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Except it seems like every other non-league takes priority over TWDT so we're waiting on a go ahead to actually do any meaningful work beyond conceptual stuff
            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

can we nominate caps yet?

i nominate jaa.
              Originally posted by turmio
              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
              Originally posted by grand
              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

when is this
                Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

It's been a month, and no updates on progress, nor any rules or even framework done....sooooooo?

Please don't tell me you have squandered away the league I allowed you to run.

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

I've been instructed by H.M.S. to take back over on Sunday if no substantial progress is displayed from the wark/izor camp. He wants TWDT ready to go by June 15th. Just updating in case anyone cares.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

• This above is true. He did a good job last year. However its been 1 month, and BWC is happening after this during the summer.

Comment

• LOL you serious? This shoulda been the primary focus of this zone after TWL because TWDT is very fun to play in...at least it was last year, but last I had heard BWC, TWRC, and TWEL all had priority over it so I stopped even thinking about it till the time got closer
                        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

• Originally posted by Izor View Post
                          LOL you serious? This shoulda been the primary focus of this zone after TWL because TWDT is very fun to play in...at least it was last year, but last I had heard BWC, TWRC, and TWEL all had priority over it so I stopped even thinking about it till the time got closer
                          it was given 2nd priority only 2nd to TWEL, H.M.S. told me he wanted the draft to be around the 15th of June, which means in order to draw a base of volunteers, fix the rule set, rank the players, and get the arenas/staff/schedules in order means i would have to start soon...as in tomorrow...

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

• Izor, I have stated on NUMEROUS times I want TWDT and BWC during the summer months when we have the highest Pop. We can all agree more people = better.

TWRC was already supposed to be run. But due to me having to worry about completing the TWL season I couldn't focus on it.
                            (And I don't think anyone will disagree with me that TWL > TWRC, 100% of the time.)

TWEL needed to be completed(As the season began back in October) and now that its down to Playoffs, I can focus my energies on TWDT first. BWC is going to happen AFTER TWDT, my assumption is End of July/All of August. Just in time to finish for next school year and TWL push.

And in my mind, TWDT and BWC are equal. They will be done consecutively. You can't have one without the other.

Comment

Working...
                            X