No announcement yet.

Twdt 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offense, but I dont think your argument has any merit to it, bram. I remember top5squad being very good at all 3 leagues last season. jaa did a very good job of captaining and assembling the right talent to make a serious run at all leagues. The intent when captains are picked is to try and get people that know a lot about the talent in the zone.

Using TWLM would make more sense for the rating system, because I think everyone agrees the * system didnt work out optimally last season. I think a lot of people can also agree that it was step in the right direction, though.

I'm interested to hear why you dont like things like ratings, trading, and salary caps though. They're all there to help balance the teams and even out the playing field. 'I dont have a good enough jav player to fill my 5th slot, but I have this good warbird whos subbing for me.' If you think that's unneccessary complication...
    Last edited by Izor; 02-16-2009, 09:04 AM.
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Let's just say I've a little experience in trying to keep a squad in three leagues. Every year it's only about 3-4 squads who manage to do this.
      You should probably decide it on how many people sign up. If you can field 8 teams with about 15 active players each, you could pull off a 3-league-draft league while making it a competitive one.. Otherwise my advice is to split up, so each league becomes strong enough to be entertaining to play in/watch.

As for trading etc, I just don't see the point.. It's insulting to players to just get traded away. Just get good captains who can pick a good team. Otherwise a cap could focus on like picking all terrs/sharks/wbs/javs, and then start demanding a lot for them from other caps. :P
      Secondly the free agency thing should be cut off, or at least don't make it able for people to sign up 'late', hate it when 'good' players do this.
      The salarycap-thing was nice in theory, to get some new players in the game. But with the last rating-system it just didn't work at all.

But yah, good luck to whoever. I'll sign up as usual.

Comment

really need to close the loopholes that were exploited last time

it was ridiculous and capts shouldn't be allowed to drop ppl the way they did

get better capts that will stick with their picks , if a player becomes inactive or knows they will be busy and requests not to play that is fine but not dropping players for trading points isn’t good.

And really vys capt? Stupid move and he repaid that faith by throwing a hissy fit during picking when something didn’t go his way and thix had to take over …

I’d sign up to another but I really think the transfer system needs to be rewritten
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

The loopholes are already gone press :P
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

most of the issues that press and bram brought up, i fixed almost immediately after the end of last season. so if wark and izor are using my rules as a base to build off of, then those loopholes will not be an issue.....instead these bastard caps will find new ones.
            TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
            TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
            Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
            - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
            Originally posted by kthx
            Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

The good thing about two people who constantly try to find loopholes in rules running a league is they are pretty good at covering all the bases of captains trying to find those loopholes they would have used :P
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Or you could just be the dictator you ought to be and give a big fu to whoever does find and uses a loophole.
                "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

pretty sure that will happen
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'm pretty sure that we're smarter than anyone that would abuse the system, and thats an open invitation
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

this thread needs a restart, anyone with an ounce of interest in the league is gonna lose it reading through all (any of) the posts
                      Originally posted by paradise!
                      pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                      1:Reaver> HALP
                      1:Reaver> HELELP
                      1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                      1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

^no u

Comment

i think that kthx and wark could run this league well. my only reluctance is that sometimes when they get together, they have their own little private joke to play on everyone else... but i dont think that will happen

anyways, on to the league itself.

i think that dabram brought up a decent point. for example, lets say your squad is undefeated in the wb division, average in javs, and just plain bad at basing. youre obviously the favorite to win the wb league. you offer up the best competition and will be difficult for anyone to beat you. but since youre bad at basing, you could get knocked out without even making it to the playoffs?

that doesnt seem right. i agree that the goal should be to have a 3 league squad, but you cant knock out teams from one league just becasue they suck at another (well, you can... but i think thats kind of silly)

anyways

ive got a few ideas as well i think. i will come find one of you in game sometime

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

kinda defeats the whole purpose of drafting a well rounded squad if we're just gonna split up into 3 leagues at the end. twdt winner should be the best overall record, and then we can have individual league winners after that.

anyways, i volunteer to be cap again. top5squad domination reigns supreme.
                            Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                              The good thing about two people who constantly try to find loopholes in rules running a league is they are pretty good at covering all the bases of captains trying to find those loopholes they would have used :P
                              this is exactly why i think having kthx and izor running things would be beneficial. personally i think you guys'll do just a fine job and if you need anything from me, just give me a shout.

bram raises a valid point. perhaps we could create rules to make squads gear towards at least 2 leagues instead of spreading themselves too thin with 3.

salu also raises a valid point, seeing as after the first five posts i just scrolled all the way through the rest of them.
                              Originally posted by turmio
                              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                              Originally posted by grand
                              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Actually, we are thinking about some sort of ranking system for squads where the squad captains list each league in matter of importance for what they are trying to go for. So lets say... I don't know.. Spacehiker is a captain for this league, then he would put lets say... 1. Basing 2. Javelins 3. Warbird, and he would get more points for winning games in the league he wasn't trying as hard in, and less for leagues that he knew he was strong in. That is unless both squads have say.. basing as their main concern for TWDT. To make this fair and to stop abuse the captains will have X more money in the leagues they care about (for instance 10000 for basing, 7500 for javs, 5000 for warbird to start the season). Me and Izor are working on ways for this to work, as well as working with Ardour to hopefully create an almost.. twlm'ish type of deal where certain players over X dollars require a weekly upkeep or they can choose to become free agents. We haven't figured everything out yet, but I will keep everyone up to date as far as what we are deciding to do.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X