Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im curious, why does everybody (myself included) think they are better than they are? I was genuinely surprised when I saw how pathetically low I was rated, and even more surprised to see what kind of players were above me in basing and warbirds. I think some people are drastically confused! Oh well, I'm a steal for whoever takes me!

Comment

• erm i forgot to alias check 1 person, fixing his rating.

edit: adjusted for now until i can get a couple more opinions on it
      TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
      TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
      Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
      - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
      Originally posted by kthx
      Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
        Im curious, why does everybody (myself included) think they are better than they are? I was genuinely surprised when I saw how pathetically low I was rated, and even more surprised to see what kind of players were above me in basing and warbirds. I think some people are drastically confused! Oh well, I'm a steal for whoever takes me!
        SSDS (spaceship skill delusion syndrome) please ask your doctor for a prescription to treat it

Do you consistently start in TWL? If not how can you expect to be rated a 7 (consistent TWL starter?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnt View Post
          SSDS (spaceship skill delusion syndrome) please ask your doctor for a prescription to treat it

Do you consistently start in TWL? If not how can you expect to be rated a 7 (consistent TWL starter?)
          Don't get me wrong, Im not angry about my rating. I couldn't care less. It's just a number to me, I know what I'm capable of and thats all I care about. Im thinking I might actually choose to play TWL this year for once, I want an LB title, but we shall see! Thank you for the diagnosis, I'll speak with epinephrine abotu starting treatment immediately

Comment

• I'm just wondering how accurate this rating is.. I mean srsly, as example:

TABARNAK!!! 5 | 5 | 6 | 16
            5 for wb and 5 for jav? I've never seen him play any other ship besides shark :grin:

Comment

• Originally posted by Vergilius View Post
              I'm just wondering how accurate this rating is.. I mean srsly, as example:

5 for wb and 5 for jav? I've never seen him play any other ship besides shark :grin:

thats amazing, i dont even know whats the key for the jav rocket, i dont know if a wb shoots with ctrl or tab, i dont jav or wb in pub cause im BELOW pub average and i always get killed 5-25, the only way for me to kill a wb is with a shark. therefore, i deserve 3-3 in wb and jav, cause im a total newbie with these ships. overating me isnt fair.-_-
              4:TABARNAK!!!> TABARNAK!!> ?help general aladeen is the best staffer ive ever encountered in my journey
              (zreqdf)>is he forcing u 2 say that?

4:General Aladeen> oder man.. i checked ur warnings once and my laptop nearly fried

Comment

• 5/6/5

Thats nice. I actually dont get it why ppl whine for low ratings. Im just glad im rated like that :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuji View Post
                  5/6/5

Thats nice. I actually dont get it why ppl whine for low ratings. Im just glad im rated like that :P
                  Trying to get you bumped up to 7 lol. But nobody is bothering to actually discuss anything relevant/helpful.
                  When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

• TABARNAK 5-5-6? rofl does this guy even know other ships exist? (besides shark)

Comment

• [QUOTE=Black Mage;762062]Here's a list of people who got a 6* rating who I think are in the discussion to be bumped up to 7*:

WB- Kawrae, Pure_Luck, Beam, Aerin, Jaa, Vt(Vicarious), Saetep, Cres, PhyRe

Jav- Creature, Struck, Cuji, hypocrit

Base- Panama(sphinx), Tiny, Arobas+, ingenfyre, Gran Guerrero, Frozen Throne, Lizard Fuel

I'm not saying all should be given a 7 and obviously there needs to be some good 6*, but I think some of them definitely should be 7s. Feel free to discuss these players and more so we can get the league as fair as possible. In addition, I should be upfront and say that obviously I'm only doing this so that if some of those WBs get moved to 7 someone might draft me as a 6* WB.[/

6 is fine for pure luck in wb. Beam and VT definitely should be 7, and, although it is painful to admit, because I planned to use him as my 6* wb and I would have considered it a definite steal, saetep being a 6 is laughable. He always pulls down good numbers and I also remember watching him in a game in TWDT last season when he managed to pull off a positive rec when he was last man left playing 1v3 and managed to get 13-15 kills

Jav, creature and struck are fine at 6, could you imagine either of them being consistent LJ starters? Cuji and hypocrit both started for their respective teams in Jav when they showed I believe and in general both have the skill 2 be 7. In fact, I would consider Cuji a high 7.

Comment

• i really have to stop reading the forums at 3:10am. i always start writing useless.. long.. posts.. just like this one that i am writing. either way, going to name a few people that i think should be rated higher or lower -- and for what reason -- going from top to bottom.

ease could easily be a 9 in basing, but apparently you don't want to give anyone *29 so whatever. keep him at 8 then.

megaman89 is still one of the greatest basers out there, and could be considered as top 3 in that league. say what you want, but if you give jamal a 10 then he deserves a 10.

domi is another player who definitely should be ranked as 10 in basing, not sure who was the fool that put him as 9 but he's definitely worth a 10. one of the greatest basers at the moment, no doubt about that. and again the same thing, if you rate jamal as a 10 then domi deserves at least 10 and a half.

vys should definitely be worth 7 in basing considering how well he did in the past two seasons, averaging a high tek count in spider plus having a good score (considering his pushing style). keeping him at a 6 is pretty much a bargain, and i wouldn't let that deal slip through my fingers if i were a cap that wanted to win twdt-b.

fludd could be a 7 or even an 8 in basing, mark my word on that. he has the skill to be an 8, but considering he doesn't care much about basing i guess it would be fine rating him as 7. if you keep him at 6 he is another fair bargain, that is if he wishes to play in twdt-b this season.

turban should definitely be a 7 in javelin rather than an 8 and probably a 5 in warbird, considering how shitty he is in both leagues and only likes to base these days (holla 1-8 this week). fuck you and your overrating. someone complain about that! nowz! :grin:

paska should definitely be at least 8 in basing or even close to a 9 if you go by skill. you may question his activity these days, but he is more than active enough, thus giving him an 8 would be fairest thing to do.

arobas+ should definitely be rated higher and be added to the 7 star club. he's one of the few players you (black mage) mentioned in your post that actually deserve to be rated higher, hah.

lizard fuel, panama, tiny and ingenfyre should stay at 6, let them whine all they want but this is the hard truth. i still love you, lizard! you will be always a 10 in my heart! who cares about ratings anyways! 6 is the best rating there is.. after 5 and below of course.

gran guerrero.. hm.. he could be worth 7 in basing. he's not a bad shark imo, so increasing his rating wouldn't be a poor move at all. although you may want to keep him as a 6 so he will be a "bargain" to the captains.

project dragon could be 7, but i would rather keep him as 6. either way, i don't care much about him and haven't seen him play that often.

cuji and hypocrit should both definitely be rated as 7 in javelin, considering they were the two (mostly cuji) that carried respect last season in twlj, both did fairly well and definitely should be rated higher than 6.

creature and struck should remain at 6 in javelin. there's no doubt about that one, they both fail too much. going to tk both of you the next time i play with ya! prepare yourselves!

euforia / golden_aim should be a 7 in javelin, even though his last season in twl was.. uh.. a catastrophe so to say. he's a decent jav and is definitely worth 7 imo.

aldur / graphic could be rated as 6 in javelin, rather than 5 -- but this change isn't that important either way. he plays a lot, is not a bad javelin and could start in a low/mid-level twlj squad this season if he were recruited into one.

soilderz should be lowered to 6 in basing. he's not good at all and has hardly played twl, and in those matches he has done.. very.. very.. very poorly. he should be a 4 in jav too rofl, considering how bad he really is -- guess you just didn't realize it?

tabarnak really should be lowered to 4/4/6 rather than 5/5/6 -- he honestly doesn't play anything else than shark. rofl.

cres, aerin and pure_luck should remain at 6 in warbird, period. u can be rookie of the year next year, cres. allow this to happen? allow.

don't care about the other warbirds. either give them a 6 or 7, though saetep prob should be a 7.

i bet i missed a bunch of names, too tired for this.. but those were the ones i spotted for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                          Here's a list of people who got a 6* rating who I think are in the discussion to be bumped up to 7*:

WB- Kawrae, Pure_Luck, Beam, Aerin, Jaa, Vt(Vicarious), Saetep, Cres, PhyRe

Jav- Creature, Struck, Cuji, hypocrit

Base- Panama(sphinx), Tiny, Arobas+, ingenfyre, Gran Guerrero, Frozen Throne, Lizard Fuel

I'm not saying all should be given a 7 and obviously there needs to be some good 6*, but I think some of them definitely should be 7s. Feel free to discuss these players and more so we can get the league as fair as possible. In addition, I should be upfront and say that obviously I'm only doing this so that if some of those WBs get moved to 7 someone might draft me as a 6* WB.
                          They can have my 7* and you give me their 6* plz
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• take me out of the discussion, i dont want to be a 7...keep me 6 so i can get drafted
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• I disagree with my rating. My basing should be lowered. I haven't based since like.. first season of basing lol. Why do I have a 4? :P
                              Volcs> !sex
                              Volcs> WTF WHY WONT IT WORK
                              Volcs> FUCK ME!! !SEX!SEX
                              Volcs> !sex!sex!sex!
                              Volcs> !sex on
                              Volcs> !fuckyou

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                                a 10 is a top 3-5 player so no one is saying Ease should be the only 10. You didn't simply say others should be 10s as well, you flatly stated Ease wasn't top 5. I would put Racka, Ease, Mythril and Raspi as the only 10s because i can't think of another player quite at their level. If I had to pick 1 as the top wb I'd go with Ease and maybe that is me being an Ease homer but all i was saying to begin with is he is top 5 and now you seem to be agreeing with that so you can just admit you were wrong and we'll move on :grin:

Well then, my bad. I was wrong. In my personal opinion, ease isn't the best player in TWDT, but he is definitely up there. I'm not bashing him by saying that, because everyone has their own opinions. I can't really contend with his multiple titles either way.

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                                The players are chosen by the captains and if a captain puts together a team whose styles don't mix well together, it's the captain's fault so i don't see a need to factor a player's style of play into the his/her rating. Racka is also a rusher and you don't seem to think his rating should be lower because of that so why should Weaks?
                                I look at it differently I guess. Racka is a one dimensional player, the same way that weak is. The difference with racka is that he is probably the best rusher in the game (vys is not on his old comp, so not the same, and I think he is better than apok in rushing). Being the best at a certain style should equal a 10. Being just decent at a certain style, and being one dimensional with it, should not equal an 8. Weak was never a player who carried a team on his shoulders in TWL, which is what I believe "impact twl player" means. Every TWL he does consistant with a 10-10 average, but he dies out fast even if he is a good team player. He averages 10 kills, which is great, but he also doesn't stay alive very long, and if he cannot rush, he does bad. He isn't a player that adapts well. I know guys like vys or even me can and do play multiple styles within a game, and it's not like we are limited within one style. Weak is, and so is racka, but he is arguably the best at his one style so he gets a pass at the 10 stars.

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                                That should just concern the captains, not the people who are doing the ratings.

I'm quite good at dominating newbies (just yesterday I went 15-3 vs Savanger) but that doesn't really translate versus TWL caliber players. I still think I'm overrated but have nothing new to add to what I already said.
                                Well, I understand why you would want to be rated lower, as it is better for the captain to be underrated, but I just don't know if you deserve to be lower than 9. You are probably a top 10 wb in the game right now, so you deserve the 9. That is my personal opinion of you, and it is not biased.

I do have one question to everyone that submitted ratings. I have been told by quite a few players that I deserve to be an 8, if not a 9. I kind of wondered this myself, although I'm not really complaining about being lower. Frankly, it just seems like a grudge move on most people's parts, and if you really wanted to slap me in the face why wouldn't you just rate me 6 so I could profit from it? I mean when you compile the list of 8* players, am I really below them (if not better than some) to the point where I didn't deserve an 8? I'm just wondering, because the ratings just seem weird to me, and I am not the only one that thought this. Vys, cres, and actually quite a bit more players told me the same thing that I was equal if not better than most of the players that are 8*. I guess I'm wondering personal opinions on those that rated me 7 compared to those that are 8*s.

As far as my dynasty season 2 seasons ago, which was my last full season (due to just not being able to be around during last twl, and also my quitting/axing of qs for fighting with racka), I was pretty high on the stat chart, and I pretty much did carry that team. You could ask anyone really. Geio was with me for half of the season, but he quit midway through a 1-10 in 30 seconds game vs Quake, and I was basically the only "impact" player on that lineup. Weak and Kid Kaos were also on it, as was unabled who helped, but KK was rusty (He has been rusty since 2001 lol) and Weak wasn't as good as he is now. I kind of did a lot of "impact" during that season, and I was STILL rated a 7*. Last season, I didn't play much, but the one game I did play happened to be regular season vs thunder. I was a sub because I showed late, but I subbed in and we won because of my performance in staying alive/getting kills and also because of Racka's heroics. Obviously, quicksand lost vs thunder in the finals due to a lack of anyone to take izor's place (which in a way was self-gratifying, as I was axed by racka for telling him to drop the egotistic "I'm the best ever in the history of the game, no one is better than me, everyone else in the world is a newbie but me and izor" crap), but either way it shows I was "impact" in the one game I did play.

I guess I'm just asking for people to give their honest opinions of why I am a 7 compared to the 8 star players above me. I realize some people may think I suck, or some have a grudge, or whatever it may be, but when I am actually on my game and playing in a game that means something (not twd in offseason), I have shown every time to step up and do well. 18-9 vs stray the dynasty season was my best record that year, but it also was 2nd best game of the season I believe?? as far as kills go. I believe vys or ease or someone hit 19 one game. Either way, combine all of that with my one game last season in which I could not play due to real life issues (and later, leaving/axed from qs), I am just wondering why I am not considered "impact" when other people are. When I am told by multiple people in the game that I do deserve an 8, and even a few a 9 (which I wouldn't rate myself, considering I haven't won a title and may never when I refuse to join WIN OR DIE type squads), I just wonder what it is that got me the 7. Is it a grudge from years of shit talking? Is it simply not being good? Is it a lack of seeing me play, or caring how I've played in past TWLs? I'm just wondering... and please keep it constructive criticism either way. If you are honest, even brutal, I'll take it... just don't be like newbie chuckle who says "AHAHA I AM HIGHER THAN YOU EXALT YOU NEWBIE YOU SUCK BLAH BLAH" crap. This is an honest question, so give your honest opinion. Thanks!
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X