• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
      Triple posting like a champion.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday games could be scheduled from 10AM - 6PM
      ?????????????????????????
      4:BigKing> xD
      4:Best> i'm leaving chat
      4:BigKing> what did i do???
      4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
      4:BigKing> ???? why though
      4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
      4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
        i'm an annoying retard
        thank god this guy has no power

Comment

thank god i actually have got power.

ty.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
            if two euro squads want to play a game earlier than normal? such as if they have got 12 euros that can show for a TWDT-J game at 11 AM EST on Wednesday and the opponent also has got some people that can play during that hour then why not allow them that time slot?

it's really not that complicated. captains could propose the game to be played on nearly any hour of the day as long as both captains agree with it. if they can't get an agreement of when the game should be played, schedule it on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
              hi
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

bare in mind that i hadn't slept in 38h when i wrote those 3 random posts.

cres 4 TWDT champ again.

Comment

ye allow me twdtd n twdtb ring this time
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I think you missed it turb

For a single match a week everything you said was great. If we need to play two sets of matches a week this will be far more difficult. Basically treat this as playing the matches without having the option of playing on sundays

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                      I think you missed it turb

For a single match a week everything you said was great. If we need to play two sets of matches a week this will be far more difficult. Basically treat this as playing the matches without having the option of playing on sundays
                      One set of them I mean. The original idea was for each squad to play 2 sets of matches a week I think

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

oh true.

well, in that case -- instead of trying to push the TWDT to end faster by having two games a week, how about we just remove two teams from the draft tournament and have a total of six teams?

at least that seems like a better suggestion. would have a shorter regular season that way thus we could have TWL earlier. not to mention it seems like not that many players are signing up for the draft tournament.

Comment

who u mudafuka
                          I make it snow, I make it flurry
                          I make it out alright tomorrow don't worry
                          Yeah, Young J.Weezy on them hoes
                          A.K.A. Mr. Make It Rain On Them Hoes

muthafucka

Comment

Democracy fail.

This is a subject that will never have a consensus, because everyone's lives and schedules are too different.

Staff needs to just decide what will work best in their opinion, and then make that work. The key is execution. TWDT is not easy to pull off and takes a lot of organization from the people running it (including the captains). If you add captains picking times for games during the week... just make sure the system works, and that you expand the rosters substantially.

The website revamp we did last year will help if you can reset it and get it up again. Maybe make a few annual tweaks to the waiver system too..
                            When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

It wouldn't be that hard honestly BMage, Besides like I stated before the whole point (I thought) of twdt was getting people who don't usually have a chance to play leagues a chance to play in a league with some better players in order to show off their skills so other captains might recruit them or just to have fun. And I am assuming that most people know that by going by forum posts you are receiving like.. 5% of the total leagues ideas and opinions. If staff chose not to do this because five or six big names said they couldn't play during the week then what exactly is the point of having rules like you can only play two leagues in a week and there has to be a six star or under player in every game. I say do a twdt poll in game in ?go twdt and sample a much better size to see if games during weekdays and saturday are popular with people not on these forums.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

So let's get practical with mid-week game times. The main time zone ranges we care about are PST to EST (3 hour difference), and the European time zones which are 5-7 hours ahead of EST. Thanks to the Atlantic Ocean, there's not much in-between EST and GMT, so we just have to make sure those 2 ranges are both reasonably playable at the same time for this to work.

The problem is that it is 10 hours from the start of the range to the end of it. And on average, if people work 9-5 (or go to school until the late afternoon), they will only be awake/available to play for 7-8 hours afterwards probably. Which means that it's impossible to fit in both PST and GMT+2 people in that time-frame after standard working/school hours.

So you have to adjust the time and I'm going to guess that there would be more PSTers who could play at 3pm their time than GMT+2 people who could start playing a match at 2 or 3am their time during the week. So you have to make it 3pm PST or so, 6pm EST, 11pm GMT, 1 am GMT+2. That's probably the best you can do to please everyone. If you let captains try and pick times, I'd say you would need a time like the one I just proposed as the fall-back because there will be many times when the captains can't agree (based purely on the locations of their best players).

The next begged question then is whether each team would play 1 match a day or more than one. If you played more than one, you'd obviously need to roll the times somehow to keep it fair so that certain players weren't being excluded from certain leagues. I'm not sure how that would work with captains picking times. You might want to roll the games if you only play one league a day too

My suggestion: Play one league per day and do the schedules in advance to roll the time slot. Keep the days consistent so 1-league players know which day they are playing, and all they have to worry about is what time their match is. If getting hosts is a challenge, you can make one game at a time and have it over 2-4 hours with games on the half/full hour. Everyone would probably miss some of the games, but if you rolled each team's schedule, it should even out. The other ways to do it would be to just have all 4 games at once or 2 slots over an hour. You could roll the time of all of the games the same way (one week its at 4pm EST, next week all the games are at 5pm EST, then 6pm EST, etc.)
                                When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Working...
                                X