Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't say that there would be a real need to do that, The only games that would need to be on Sunday would be Euro vs American or people going to school etc. I am sure that there will be 3/6 squads that will have enough people available to play during the week that have intelligent enough captains to schedule it. And you don't have to have both games on the same day.. you could schedule your javs on tuesday and your warbirds on sunday if you wanted to.. I don't see what the problem is with letting people who are supposed to be the best this game has to offer in terms of captains work things out on their own instead of doing a forced handholding of their every action. I say for once we actually make the players use their fucking brains instead of being coddled to the point that they are retarded like the average pubber is now.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
      I wouldn't say that there would be a real need to do that, The only games that would need to be on Sunday would be Euro vs American or people going to school etc. I am sure that there will be 3/6 squads that will have enough people available to play during the week that have intelligent enough captains to schedule it. And you don't have to have both games on the same day.. you could schedule your javs on tuesday and your warbirds on sunday if you wanted to.. I don't see what the problem is with letting people who are supposed to be the best this game has to offer in terms of captains work things out on their own instead of doing a forced handholding of their every action. I say for once we actually make the players use their fucking brains instead of being coddled to the point that they are retarded like the average pubber is now.
      It will be a hell to figure out for me to get the euro vs American get on sunday and then others on midweek days. It would be lots of work to figure out.
      I still its much easier to take tuesday/wednesday/thursday 6 pm EST to play wb/jav/base. And could switch those days with the type of game played like it does on sunday with the time 2/3/4 etc.

Letting caps handle it themself will be lots of work. First they have to get in contact with each other, which comes to ?messages alot and then you have to agree on a time which will be hard. Like Captain A is euro and only logs on euro time, and Captain B is from the west coast of America and is only online at the late hours. These will never find each other. And A wants 5 as latest, B prob around 7 as earliest. And they both dont want to play on 6 pm est. So they wouldnt agree, and then what does staff do? 6 pm prob and then both teams might not show.
      Major Crisis

Comment

See you are the problem knex, you automatically assume that letting captains work shit out between themselves would be "hard work" and "make things confusing".

Well how the fuck does that make any sense, yes I am pretty pissed off now because of people assuming ignorant things and treating the population (who they are choosing btw) of this game as if they are mentally retarded.

Look, staff doesn't have to do a fucking thing, they set up a website that allows ANYTIME/ANY DAY for that weeks game to be hosted in (during that week of course) Captains talk to their players, and say hey.. can you guys play Wednesday at 6pm? Yeah? perfect well be here Wednesday then I am going to schedule a game for Wednesday at 6pm. So the captain talks to the other squad and says "hey you want to play on Wednesday so we don't have to waste the entire day Sunday stuck inside on continuum for a game right in the middle of the day on one of my two days off?" and the other captain says sure let me talk to my squad. Hey that sounds good and a game is played on Wednesday at 6pm instead of Sunday. Wow that is really fucking difficult to do and we shouldn't expect those mentally fucking retarded captains staff picks to be able to create a chat or schedule a game much less draft a squad to play in this league.

Drafting a squad with money.. that sounds complicated, we should just randomize the players and give every squad the same amount of level 10's 9's 8's 7's etc etc because they are too fucking stupid to do anything themselves.

/End Rant

Point is, if you give the players and captains the benefit of the doubt instead of making retarded decisions to not allow weekday games you have the chance to have a few games not on Sunday that would draw a different crowd on the weekday to come check out a league that is designed so newer players can get a chance to shine in the first place. Stop assuming the captains aren't willing to PM their squad, create chats, draft active people, and leave a couple of messages. This is the reason why nobody leaves the pub anymore, because you don't give the players any chances to actually do anything, you hand hold them into being useless and retarded.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
          See you are the problem knex, you automatically assume that letting captains work shit out between themselves would be "hard work" and "make things confusing".

Well how the fuck does that make any sense, yes I am pretty pissed off now because of people assuming ignorant things and treating the population (who they are choosing btw) of this game as if they are mentally retarded.

Look, staff doesn't have to do a fucking thing, they set up a website that allows ANYTIME/ANY DAY for that weeks game to be hosted in (during that week of course) Captains talk to their players, and say hey.. can you guys play Wednesday at 6pm? Yeah? perfect well be here Wednesday then I am going to schedule a game for Wednesday at 6pm. So the captain talks to the other squad and says "hey you want to play on Wednesday so we don't have to waste the entire day Sunday stuck inside on continuum for a game right in the middle of the day on one of my two days off?" and the other captain says sure let me talk to my squad. Hey that sounds good and a game is played on Wednesday at 6pm instead of Sunday. Wow that is really fucking difficult to do and we shouldn't expect those mentally fucking retarded captains staff picks to be able to create a chat or schedule a game much less draft a squad to play in this league.

Drafting a squad with money.. that sounds complicated, we should just randomize the players and give every squad the same amount of level 10's 9's 8's 7's etc etc because they are too fucking stupid to do anything themselves.

/End Rant

Point is, if you give the players and captains the benefit of the doubt instead of making retarded decisions to not allow weekday games you have the chance to have a few games not on Sunday that would draw a different crowd on the weekday to come check out a league that is designed so newer players can get a chance to shine in the first place. Stop assuming the captains aren't willing to PM their squad, create chats, draft active people, and leave a couple of messages. This is the reason why nobody leaves the pub anymore, because you don't give the players any chances to actually do anything, you hand hold them into being useless and retarded.
          I had the same problem with TWHT, none of the caps ever agreed on a time.
          I have tried it with another league and it ended up that I had to set the times.
          I am willing to try it again but a site wont happen, way too short on time and I think website dev has other stuff to do, I can always ask.

Then the plan is to play TWDT games midweek AND on sunday, so 6 games in a week, which 3 are on sunday.
          Major Crisis

Comment

It doesn't matter honestly. Let the players and captains pick the times. Also TWHT has a much smaller and less interested player base than a three league tournament.

It seems your problem is YOU scheduled the times and the Captains didn't. You only need to step in on Thursday night/Friday morning and give the game its time slot for Sunday if no agreement is reached.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Kthx, do you honestly think captains would be able to find/talk to each other and schedule 3 matches potentially against different teams (although making them play the same team in all 3 games of a week would probably be the smart thing in this situation) with only 2 or so days to schedule (since it seems they are going to try and play 2 rounds a week so the scheduling would have to be after games ended Sunday and Monday) and doing it manually without a website?

I understand not needing to coddle them, but without a good negotiating website/period of time to schedule, it seems difficult.

Perhaps each cap could submit 3 timeslot options for each league by Sunday night, and then the league op could finalize a schedule by Monday morning. Less work talking to each other for the caps, but more work for the op. If nothing syncs up, the op picks a default time. We'll just have to have roster sizes large enough that enough people will always show.
              When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Who said they have to schedule two/three games? Why can't they talk to their basers or warbirds or javelins and play that match on tuesday and play the other on Sunday.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Because staff stated that midweek games would be in addition to Sunday games in order to speed up the season.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Yeah but, looking at the sign up list for twdt right now, we aren't nearly at the amount of players needed for enough squads to make this tournament long enough to affect when TWL starts anyways.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

keep the total amount of draft squads at six and make it a more open scheduling system allowing captains to schedule the games on any time of the week as long as both agree with the time/date.

not that hard tbh. if you honestly think that it's "too much work" for the captains to actually schedule shit by themselves, then you're foolish imo. draft tournament is much more "important" and "serious" than the hockey league you were doing.

LoL game starting pz.

Comment

What's the call on this? Are we gonna take the minority approach (again) and do it like it's been done, being only Sundays?

Comment

I would prefer to play on saturday's I work sunday-tuesday. So sunday's are a bit bad for me especially since I am not off untill 6:30 or later.

Comment

So were teams reduced from 8 to 6 due to lack of players, a desire for expanded rosters, or another reason?

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by I.d.i.o.t. View Post
                              Would you be interested in having TWDT-D on Tuesday, TWDT-J Wednesday and TWDT-B on Thursday at 5pm or 6pm EST then having all three divisions playing on Sunday as well, starting at 3pm EST?

Please add your thoughts and opinions. Also, add where you're from to your post, this will help us with making a decision regarding when TWDT games should be played.
                              Yes, sick and tired of only having matches on the weekend. Having games during the week would make this game so much more interesting and will generate traffic not just on Sunday afternoons. I'll actually have something to look forward to doing after school.... instead of waiting an entire week to play a few games after church. miserable times.

ATTA girl i.d.

:P
                              SSCU Trench Wars TRIPLE CROWN WINNER
                              SSCU Trench Wars
                              Triple Threat
                              SSCU Trench Wars TWEL Top 3 Finalist
                              SSCU Trench Wars Starting Spider Melee 2003
                              SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Champion (2x)
                              SSCU Trench Wars TWLD Champion
                              SSCU Trench Wars Michael Schumacher of Racing2
                              SSCU Trench Wars Unprecedented Balancing KING
                              SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Top Stats 3 years running

MAD shoutouts to MUH BOYS atm

Comment

Since were talking about twdt rules here, the maximum resolution allowed in tw is ok in twdt thing is pretty ridiculous, I think we all discussed this before and came to the consensus that it is retarded, fix it please
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X