TWDT critique winter 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT critique winter 2019

This year the system changed from a 2 10/9 8 7 6 to 40 star cap, and in basing it changed as well. I think it's best we review the changes now while they are still fresh in peoples minds. I have been active in I think 3 dt's so I'm not the best judge to compare the two systems. However, that being said here are the benefits and drawbacks I saw.

Benefits:

More potential "competitive" captains

This zone lacks people willing to captain. Having people who are not rated highly in the old system going up against people rated super high in every league was a huge detriment. With the new system the captains individual ratings matter a lot less because the 10 star other captains don't have the advantage of being rated a 10, but competing against 9 or 10 stars. This allowed Gladiators jav team to do OK, as well as commodo's wb team to do ok all without having a 10 star on the roster (until best came). This is huge because finding captains is I think the hardest part about DT.

More variance in people added

I tried to alter lineups a lot, in the old system i feel like 9/10 would almost all be playing all the time while 8 stars (of which there were 1000 in wb) would only get 1 to be playing. 7-8 stars should get to play a lot in a competitive atmosphere if they are playing less in twl as i assume twl people add 9-10 stars all the time, it also helps them become more than 7-8 stars. (Arbitrary rating obviously - often wrong but whatever)

Less dependence on people showing

There was great turnout I think for this dt but this system allowed more even games if a teams 9-10 stars couldn't make it they weren't at a disadvantage, as 7-8s seemed to be more valuable anyways.

Drawbacks:

Ratings were EHHH? I helped with these so I can take some blame. The gap between 6-7 star seemed to be larger than the gap between 9-10 star so that could be addressed in the future. 6 was sort of a default rating if it was really unknown from twd experience. A lot of 7-8s clearly knew how to team and hunt out the 6s from other teams, we want all lineups to be viable not just 7 8 8 8 9 or whatever. (this led to less 6s playing which sucks I think)

Less competitive games?

I've heard this is the case although I don't know if my team had this experience. Warbird yes for sure but that was not from ratings, just 9s not performing to what they are capable of. Jav was competitive outside of 3-4 matches (2-3 of which the other team was trolling lineups or 4v5) but I guess that's only like 60-70% competitive. We had all competitive base games which is good, and in most games we added 65 stars or less out of the 67 cap. I think this issue is a byproduct of figuring out the new system and which lineup works best as well.

Too much benching!

This was my least favorite part of dt by far. I was lucky enough to have decent 6 star options in broken, spooked, and mvp, decent 7 star options in aprix, kovalchuk, and morph, all who showed a lot. But I couldn't play them all. In fact broken only played 1 game. In jav i had 4 9 stars of which I can only play 2, and I have no fucking clue what to do in that ship anyways so i'm benching these players that are 100000x better than me as if I have a clue which one of them is better than the other. This new system allows for more possible lineups to be competitive so we need more teams, and to do that we need more captains. I had an excellent bunch of guys willing to play/bench at any time and not complain, but we need to be logging how many people on avg are showing to each event so we know how many teams we can afford to put together.

Final thoughts: Thanks Mythril, henry, major, and all those who contributed to making this dt happen. This system allows for more teams because of the ability to add a variety of lines and be competitive but we were unable to capitalize on that this go around. Next time if we go back to the old system than other people will know best how many teams we need, but for this system we needed 2 more teams (imo) as there were too many people being benched that could have made a competitive team together if given the opportunity. If we do go back to the old system finding caps becomes harder to balance I think. We need to get some of the lower stars more into twd so that they arn't able to be hunted out before their team has reached 25 deaths.

Finally thank you to my team for being extremely cool while I added lines. A lot of you I should apologize to for not adding when you showed, I will solo out Amnesti/Broken for this because you have only played one game so far. Obviously not your fault and I'm sorry. Good luck to everyone in playoffs.
    TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
    (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
    PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
    AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Originally posted by Spezza
    The gap between 6-7 star seemed to be larger than the gap between 9-10 star
    I think this would be my biggest issue with this season.

6-Stars in previous seasons were inflated to 7-Stars. The 5-Stars are NOT worth 5-Stars... way back, there was a 5-Star slot, and I removed it, because it was unbearable. Every team's 5-Star would go 2-10 out in 4 minutes and ruin the game.

Those unplayable 5-Stars are now rated 6-Stars. But they aren't worth 6.

10-Star = 10-Star value
    9-Star = 9-Star value
    8-Star = 8-Star value
    7-Star = 7-Star value
    6-Star = 3-Star value

You see the problem?

A 7-Star goes 7-10, but a 6-Star goes like 2-10. As Spezza said, a 10-Star gets you a 16-8 instead of a 14-8, but the drop from 7 to 6 is so precipitous that teams that aren't lucky enough to have the rare player at the star level who is playable need a roster constructed entirely around lower star values playing 9/8/8/8/7 type lines.

Most captains didn't realize this until after the draft, that inflation had ruined the 6-Stars, and their lineups weren't viable.

We've rotated through almost every 6-Star on our roster in Jav and WB, and they all died out first with around a 2-10, and I know many other teams had the similar issues. We wanted Aprix very badly in the FA, but selected a 6/6/6 instead it was so costly to our season.

We had to abandon our desired 10/10/8/7/5 line since there were too few 5-Stars and our two never showed once. The 5-Star is a myth. You can't build a line with one.

So we benched our 8-Star or 10-Star, and played 10/10/7/7/6 or 10/9/8/7/6.

But our 6-Stars all kept going 0-10, 1-10, 2-10. With our season on the line, Ease benched himself rather than play a 6-Star. His choice was to play himself and a 6-Star, or Riverside (who has played 3 games in the last 7 years) and a 7-Star. The 6-Stars are so unplayable he chose the latter. A 10/7 or a 9/6 pairing should be a roughly equal choice, yet even with our 10 being a much better 10 than our 9 is a 9, he would rather play the 9/7.

So we played a 10/9/7/7/7 and won.

A 10/9/7/7/7 should be, in theory, equal to a 10/10/7/7/6, but it's not.

The 10/9/7/7/7 is much, much better, and that's a big issue.

All our even numbered players are screwed in WB and Jav. For lots of teams, if you're odd or even starred, you don't get to play (10/8 or 9/7) because the illusion of choice in playing a 5 or 6 Star is just that -- an illusion.

Mythril and co. did an amazing job, and the season was a success, and I'm very grateful.

That too many teams in too many leagues were stuck with false lineup choices not realizing on draft day that 6-Stars were a poison pill and the lineups they drafted for were unplayable because the 6-Stars aren't worth 6, they're worth 3, is not the end of the world. Certainly it is something worth mentioning in order to improve the next TWDT season that has star limits, and it's healthy to reflect on such things so it doesn't happen again.

EDIT: And before anyone asks, "Why not just rate people 1-10 then?", because if you rate someone a 1, and you get it wrong and they're actually a 7, you're 6 stars off and it breaks the game completely. You can also improve from a 1 to a 5 in a very short span and break your star value. If you rate someone a 6 and they're a 7, it's bad, but it's not destroying the league.
    Last edited by ogron; 02-18-2019, 02:39 AM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Yeah I've been benched most games. I'm usually considered one of the best value javs in twdt but didn't even get a look-in this time. And I'm a very experienced baser but completely overlooked in base too. Maybe Mythril doesn't know me?! Can't really blame him because he's won pretty much everything. Very weird experience. Regardless, more teams would likely have solved that so on that point I agree. Great season, just not for me.

Comment

TWDT is weird. It is often times hyped as being all inclusive but for the average user it is more often just the luck of the the draw in the draft. So many factors key into playtime chances from things like previous personal relations and squad history with the cap. To how well you know the majority within you team. Also the star cap issues and the math formulas that lie within those parameters have a random effect on the equation.

I'd love to see participation quota's implemented. After all this is a TEAM event.. so use the team! Anyone who shows up and wants to play should get a chance to do so. Come up with a timed game quota that would encompass the entire roster that still remains fair in keeping the games competitive. It would just add a little more strategy into the equation for the caps but would have a much higher amount of player satisfaction in my opinion.

My experience this twdt.. well I was on ogrons team who I have a terrible relationship with. I was on chat and received zero communication from my cap while ogron seemed to control the flow. My season was ruined from the get go falling on thunder.. I did get added once in jd. We got blown out by legio. I did not expect to play, had been having issues with kb and trying others.. none were working so went back to the crap one that has shift key stick. Played in wrong super large res on new monitor too...mythril raped me. Was awful game lol.

Also have been dreaming up some ideas that I think should be seriously considered. We could remedy this lack of playtime if we dropped this strict adherence to 5 vs 5 games in JD and DD and 8 vs 8 in Base. Imagine if we went to 7 vs 7 games in dd and jd and 10 vs 10 games in base. Could open up the base arena a little more to make room if tens is too tight. We could open jav arena some too. Wb arena works fine for 7 vs 7 I think but could also open that by a fraction. We really don't have to always have this strict adherence to the old system. I noticed people getting innovative and making big changes to basing settings.. pretty drastic stuff but am totally open to the idea you all are considering there. Perhaps it is time to consider enlarging the field of players for TWDT which would make room for MORE people to play on their perspective teams.
        Last edited by Jessup; 02-18-2019, 01:52 PM.
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Spezza View Post
          This year the system changed from a 2 10/9 8 7 6 to 40 star cap, and in basing it changed as well. I think it's best we review the changes now while they are still fresh in peoples minds. I have been active in I think 3 dt's so I'm not the best judge to compare the two systems. However, that being said here are the benefits and drawbacks I saw.

Benefits:

More potential "competitive" captains

This zone lacks people willing to captain. Having people who are not rated highly in the old system going up against people rated super high in every league was a huge detriment. With the new system the captains individual ratings matter a lot less because the 10 star other captains don't have the advantage of being rated a 10, but competing against 9 or 10 stars. This allowed Gladiators jav team to do OK, as well as commodo's wb team to do ok all without having a 10 star on the roster (until best came). This is huge because finding captains is I think the hardest part about DT.

More variance in people added

I tried to alter lineups a lot, in the old system i feel like 9/10 would almost all be playing all the time while 8 stars (of which there were 1000 in wb) would only get 1 to be playing. 7-8 stars should get to play a lot in a competitive atmosphere if they are playing less in twl as i assume twl people add 9-10 stars all the time, it also helps them become more than 7-8 stars. (Arbitrary rating obviously - often wrong but whatever)

Less dependence on people showing

There was great turnout I think for this dt but this system allowed more even games if a teams 9-10 stars couldn't make it they weren't at a disadvantage, as 7-8s seemed to be more valuable anyways.

Drawbacks:

Ratings were EHHH? I helped with these so I can take some blame. The gap between 6-7 star seemed to be larger than the gap between 9-10 star so that could be addressed in the future. 6 was sort of a default rating if it was really unknown from twd experience. A lot of 7-8s clearly knew how to team and hunt out the 6s from other teams, we want all lineups to be viable not just 7 8 8 8 9 or whatever. (this led to less 6s playing which sucks I think)

Less competitive games?

I've heard this is the case although I don't know if my team had this experience. Warbird yes for sure but that was not from ratings, just 9s not performing to what they are capable of. Jav was competitive outside of 3-4 matches (2-3 of which the other team was trolling lineups or 4v5) but I guess that's only like 60-70% competitive. We had all competitive base games which is good, and in most games we added 65 stars or less out of the 67 cap. I think this issue is a byproduct of figuring out the new system and which lineup works best as well.

Too much benching!

This was my least favorite part of dt by far. I was lucky enough to have decent 6 star options in broken, spooked, and mvp, decent 7 star options in aprix, kovalchuk, and morph, all who showed a lot. But I couldn't play them all. In fact broken only played 1 game. In jav i had 4 9 stars of which I can only play 2, and I have no fucking clue what to do in that ship anyways so i'm benching these players that are 100000x better than me as if I have a clue which one of them is better than the other. This new system allows for more possible lineups to be competitive so we need more teams, and to do that we need more captains. I had an excellent bunch of guys willing to play/bench at any time and not complain, but we need to be logging how many people on avg are showing to each event so we know how many teams we can afford to put together.

Final thoughts: Thanks Mythril, henry, major, and all those who contributed to making this dt happen. This system allows for more teams because of the ability to add a variety of lines and be competitive but we were unable to capitalize on that this go around. Next time if we go back to the old system than other people will know best how many teams we need, but for this system we needed 2 more teams (imo) as there were too many people being benched that could have made a competitive team together if given the opportunity. If we do go back to the old system finding caps becomes harder to balance I think. We need to get some of the lower stars more into twd so that they arn't able to be hunted out before their team has reached 25 deaths.

Finally thank you to my team for being extremely cool while I added lines. A lot of you I should apologize to for not adding when you showed, I will solo out Amnesti/Broken for this because you have only played one game so far. Obviously not your fault and I'm sorry. Good luck to everyone in playoffs.
          I don't get why finding captains is hard? I think someone told me that in Draft league it's a lot of work to make lineups each match, as if it should be different in any other league (apparently in other leagues people just show up and get in). As a captain I would be making lineups no matter the league, calling people to games on steam and through discord, recruiting/trading constantly, training people if need be, and making sure everyone had a chance to play even if it meant benching myself. This is my standard when I captain. Probably 100 times better than what most people do as draft captains, reasonably because I have the motivation and time to put in. You could probably have more captains if the elitists here weren't anal retentive about who they allowed to captain.

If push comes to shove you could have an inexperienced person captain in terms of picking players, but then just assign someone to them to advise them on what players to pick only (the assignment would just be during draft picks). I bet 20 people would love to help with that since no captaining is involved but they ensure the integrity of the league, and get to do one of the funnest jobs. Pretty sure though, that even with zero league play time I could pick players reasonably well since there is a rating system and i've seen most people play.

Having 5-10 active people benched on a roster for each team is super retarded... it needs to be fixed one way or another. More teams could help.

Comment

Bumping this thread. I know twl is the main order of the day but a healthy debate on twdt should continue too heading into the next season.

I see two options to stop benching for entire seasons of teammates.

1) Mandatory play time for entire rosters. Increase sub limit to compensate. This is for those who show . I don't feel a squad should be penalized if someone doesn't show up obviously. Debate how long playtime is mandated for each player and their star level.

The other option is ..

2) Make the season games 7 vs 7 for TWDT and TWDTJ and use 10 vs 10 for TWDTB

I do feel this no use stuff is a problem that is leaving many players disgruntled.

Bump.
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Mandatory play time doesn't work because:
              a. it's a shit idea so people won't want to play that league
              b. caps would field people for the minimum amount of time - you would respond by increasing the minimum play time - repeat until wealth has been distributed equally and everyone is poor.

7v7 or 10v10 doesn't work because:
              a. it's a shit idea so people won't want to play that league
              b. it's too many people on a map, total chaotic newbie stray-fest, dilutes the value of skill, which maybe is why you like it.

It's fairly straightforward to make a decision of how many teams to have, but then the number of players increases in FA and the number of teams doesn't change to accommodate them (because it can't). We can solve that by not having FA, but then the FA players don't get to participate. We can mandate that more noobs must be fielded, but that lowers the quality of games too much. "Value" wasn't significant this season, so maybe a small decrease in the 40/67 limits is reasonable (i.e. 39/66), but that means you win or lose based on how good the ratings are, and one of the strengths of having a star total is it forgives small rating mistakes. For this season, more teams was the answer, but it didn't initially seem as popular as it turned out to be, and if we judge it wrong we can end up teams unable to field a full lineup, and we barely had enough caps for 6 teams, so if we had had 8 teams we would have had to compromise quality to do it.

Comment

I don't think 7 vs 7 is that chaotic rab.. We have done it in wbduel and javduel many times and it is fun.. we could make arena a little bigger too if need be. I think it is possible to do something like this personally and it would help make participation much better. It just sucks for those players finding themselves unable to play after all the hype. It turns lots of people off when they are in that situation. 6 vs 6 even is an option and 9's in base but I like 7 vs 7 and 10 vs 10 idea..

Any rate thanks for your opinion even if it is as harsh as it was..
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

I think this would be my biggest issue with this season.

6-Stars in previous seasons were inflated to 7-Stars. The 5-Stars are NOT worth 5-Stars... way back, there was a 5-Star slot, and I removed it, because it was unbearable. Every team's 5-Star would go 2-10 out in 4 minutes and ruin the game.

Those unplayable 5-Stars are now rated 6-Stars. But they aren't worth 6.

10-Star = 10-Star value
                  9-Star = 9-Star value
                  8-Star = 8-Star value
                  7-Star = 7-Star value
                  6-Star = 3-Star value

You see the problem?

A 7-Star goes 7-10, but a 6-Star goes like 2-10. As Spezza said, a 10-Star gets you a 16-8 instead of a 14-8, but the drop from 7 to 6 is so precipitous that teams that aren't lucky enough to have the rare player at the star level who is playable need a roster constructed entirely around lower star values playing 9/8/8/8/7 type lines.

Most captains didn't realize this until after the draft, that inflation had ruined the 6-Stars, and their lineups weren't viable.

We've rotated through almost every 6-Star on our roster in Jav and WB, and they all died out first with around a 2-10, and I know many other teams had the similar issues. We wanted Aprix very badly in the FA, but selected a 6/6/6 instead it was so costly to our season.

We had to abandon our desired 10/10/8/7/5 line since there were too few 5-Stars and our two never showed once. The 5-Star is a myth. You can't build a line with one.

So we benched our 8-Star or 10-Star, and played 10/10/7/7/6 or 10/9/8/7/6.

But our 6-Stars all kept going 0-10, 1-10, 2-10. With our season on the line, Ease benched himself rather than play a 6-Star. His choice was to play himself and a 6-Star, or Riverside (who has played 3 games in the last 7 years) and a 7-Star. The 6-Stars are so unplayable he chose the latter. A 10/7 or a 9/6 pairing should be a roughly equal choice, yet even with our 10 being a much better 10 than our 9 is a 9, he would rather play the 9/7.

So we played a 10/9/7/7/7 and won.

A 10/9/7/7/7 should be, in theory, equal to a 10/10/7/7/6, but it's not.

The 10/9/7/7/7 is much, much better, and that's a big issue.

All our even numbered players are screwed in WB and Jav. For lots of teams, if you're odd or even starred, you don't get to play (10/8 or 9/7) because the illusion of choice in playing a 5 or 6 Star is just that -- an illusion.

Mythril and co. did an amazing job, and the season was a success, and I'm very grateful.

That too many teams in too many leagues were stuck with false lineup choices not realizing on draft day that 6-Stars were a poison pill and the lineups they drafted for were unplayable because the 6-Stars aren't worth 6, they're worth 3, is not the end of the world. Certainly it is something worth mentioning in order to improve the next TWDT season that has star limits, and it's healthy to reflect on such things so it doesn't happen again.

EDIT: And before anyone asks, "Why not just rate people 1-10 then?", because if you rate someone a 1, and you get it wrong and they're actually a 7, you're 6 stars off and it breaks the game completely. You can also improve from a 1 to a 5 in a very short span and break your star value. If you rate someone a 6 and they're a 7, it's bad, but it's not destroying the league.
                  I have seen too many people being 7 while they never play a dd or jd. For example rozay and lupin. So yea, you can definately say the ratings this season have been very broken on the 6 side. The star cap definately favoured the 8 and 7 stars in general in my opinion. Most 9 stars were fucked, which they often were already in the old system.

Comment

Always tough to get captains, usually what happens is this:

X player offers to cap and then Y player refuses to cap if X player does. This isn't because they dislike each other but the skill gap between them. Need more people to be open to capping, there's never enough vets or "new" players offering to cap to have more than 6.

I definitely agree on the above the gap between 6 and 7 was gigantic this season. Some 8s were definitely broken as hell too but it's impossible to have a perfect system when people improve or play drastically better than expectations.

In terms of an actual solution I'd say we need more teams and to not inflate players as heavily in the next season because adding a 6 in most games was basically playing 4v5 and you almost need to add a 6 if you have a 10* in your lineup.

Comment

Appreciate all the feedback. I agree with pretty much everything said besides Jessup's posts, and I think the stated flaws in the new system are mostly accurate. When I was brainstorming the lineup cap, I was looking at a dead game and all of my projections were modeled after last season's turnout. That model was quickly outdated when 50 players came out of nowhere and signed up in the final week. Then 50 more signed up for FA the week after.

More teams would have fixed the benching issues, but as has been already stated, I was still looking for a 6th captain to step up 2 days before the draft. But I also think many people are misinterpreting the need for only elite captains with the lineup cap system. The advantage has been nerfed dramatically. If you're 8/8/8, you're just as viable as anyone else to draft a championship team. Next season we're almost guaranteed to get 200+ people signed up, and the "elite captain" advantage will no longer exist at all.

There are several things for the next TWDT team to consider:
                      1. Creating at least 8 teams. That shouldn't be debatable.
                      1. Increasing the lineup caps in warbird/jav to 41* or 42*. With how active the game is, and the number of good players in the game, it's just impossible to incorporate 6* level players into the lineups without them dictating the majority of matches. Most of them aren't experienced or talented enough to hang in competitive leagues, but it's also counter productive to force some of the current 7*s into 6*s when it's nearly impossible to fairly judge players at the lower end of the talent spectrum. I knew the 6*s would ruin basing, and made the 67* cap in TWDT-B to make the base games much higher quality. That experiment has worked out great, and should be transferred to wb/jav. The 6* players now have an active game that will allow them to improve enough to be able to compete in our leagues. Until then, it doesn't make sense to cater to them anymore in the competitive scene. They're damaging our leagues, and I don't think this is merely an "elitest" point of view. The 7*s should become the new standard as the entry level to play in TWDT. 6*s could still be used if captains want to be really top heavy, but it shouldn't be almost mandatory for the teams who are fielding 10*s.
                      1. We have to get rid of the ratings discount that's given to inactive players who have recently returned. It may have made sense in the past states of the game, but it's completely broken now in this new culture. Countless players returned and quickly returned to form with their discounted ratings, and it's hurt the league quite a bit (Peru is an 8* warbird) We shouldn't take these chances anymore by assuming they're returning as lesser versions of themselves when they can unrust in a single night of elim.

Overall, I think it was a fun season, and it overwhelmingly succeeded in the TWDT team's main goal of reviving the game. Many of the issues were a result of the game becoming much healthier overall, and although some of the playerbase was negatively affected this season, these are merely temporary issues that will be easily fixed. The next team will have a far more accurate idea of what to expect next season, and we'll see even more improvement.

This game surprised the fuck out of me in 2019. Thanks to everyone who signed up. Thanks to everyone who contributed with hot or nots. Thanks to the players who were brave enough to captain and lead their teams. Thanks for not needing a single borrow or making me consider an appeal. It's been easy work, and the game has been in the healthiest state that I can remember. I love you all, see you guys in TWL.
                      PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                      ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

I was just making a suggestion to not disappoint people on the teams who were excited to play but were not allowed. If you want to exclude people then do it and don't string them along by allowing them in the league. I naturally am for inclusion and not exclusion but if that is the way you want to go then lock people out. I find it all a bit elitist though. TWDT has been touted as something everyone semi serious could get into. Just don't lie to people and waste their time.

It was a bold idea I admit but I don't agree that it would be something that ruins the gameplay at all if we changed it to 7 vs 7 and 10 vs 10. It would be a change yes .. probably more exciting n my opinion. I came up with the idea to address the benching concerns which larger fielded games most certainly would do.
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
                          Appreciate all the feedback. I agree with pretty much everything said besides Jessup's posts, and I think the stated flaws in the new system are mostly accurate. When I was brainstorming the lineup cap, I was looking at a dead game and all of my projections were modeled after last season's turnout. That model was quickly outdated when 50 players came out of nowhere and signed up in the final week. Then 50 more signed up for FA the week after.

More teams would have fixed the benching issues, but as has been already stated, I was still looking for a 6th captain to step up 2 days before the draft. But I also think many people are misinterpreting the need for only elite captains with the lineup cap system. The advantage has been nerfed dramatically. If you're 8/8/8, you're just as viable as anyone else to draft a championship team. Next season we're almost guaranteed to get 200+ people signed up, and the "elite captain" advantage will no longer exist at all.

There are several things for the next TWDT team to consider:
                          1. Creating at least 8 teams. That shouldn't be debatable.
                          1. Increasing the lineup caps in warbird/jav to 41* or 42*. With how active the game is, and the number of good players in the game, it's just impossible to incorporate 6* level players into the lineups without them dictating the majority of matches. Most of them aren't experienced or talented enough to hang in competitive leagues, but it's also counter productive to force some of the current 7*s into 6*s when it's nearly impossible to fairly judge players at the lower end of the talent spectrum. I knew the 6*s would ruin basing, and made the 67* cap in TWDT-B to make the base games much higher quality. That experiment has worked out great, and should be transferred to wb/jav. The 6* players now have an active game that will allow them to improve enough to be able to compete in our leagues. Until then, it doesn't make sense to cater to them anymore in the competitive scene. They're damaging our leagues, and I don't think this is merely an "elitest" point of view. The 7*s should become the new standard as the entry level to play in TWDT. 6*s could still be used if captains want to be really top heavy, but it shouldn't be almost mandatory for the teams who are fielding 10*s.
                          1. We have to get rid of the ratings discount that's given to inactive players who have recently returned. It may have made sense in the past states of the game, but it's completely broken now in this new culture. Countless players returned and quickly returned to form with their discounted ratings, and it's hurt the league quite a bit (Peru is an 8* warbird) We shouldn't take these chances anymore by assuming they're returning as lesser versions of themselves when they can unrust in a single night of elim.

Overall, I think it was a fun season, and it overwhelmingly succeeded in the TWDT team's main goal of reviving the game. Many of the issues were a result of the game becoming much healthier overall, and although some of the playerbase was negatively affected this season, these are merely temporary issues that will be easily fixed. The next team will have a far more accurate idea of what to expect next season, and we'll see even more improvement.

This game surprised the fuck out of me in 2019. Thanks to everyone who signed up. Thanks to everyone who contributed with hot or nots. Thanks to the players who were brave enough to captain and lead their teams. Thanks for not needing a single borrow or making me consider an appeal. It's been easy work, and the game has been in the healthiest state that I can remember. I love you all, see you guys in TWL.
                          Yeah I think finding 8 captains of that caliber would be been impossible in the time given, and it was surprising so many people signed up late.

Ageed on the 6-Stars. This was my feeling on 5-Stars way back... it's essentially the same pool of unplayable players (given the ratings inflation) that need to improve through Elim, TWD, and Pub before being viable in TWDT.

Under the same ratings, I think 41* or 42* would make a lot of sense. Basing is in a better place under the star cap than Jav/WB and doesn't have the same issues. I should have brought that up as a positive.

I'd add Jessup and Falconeer to your forum ignore list. It has made my experience on forums 10x better.

Jessup's brain is addled with conspiracies and nonsense... the other day he apparently accused me of teaming against him with Steadman in elim ... during a game where I spent the entire round hunting Steadman trying to kill him chasing him around the map for hunting me the previous round. If your brain can't function well enough to recognize the difference between teaming up with someone and hunting them non-stop trying to kill them in a game you've played for 20 years, there's something seriously wrong with the way your mind processes information.

Rating inactive players is tough. Too harsh and they complain they can't get playtime, but rate them below their intrinsic value and they're highly incentivized to get active again and break their rating with easy, guaranteed playtime and low expectations.

You did an awesome job overall man, along with everyone else who helped. Was a great season.

Thanks again!
                          top 100 basers list

Comment

Ya I'm the troll...?.. small sampling of how ogron works on a daily basis. He has actively plotted to ruin my twdt season. He insults people all day in public chat. Leaves troll messages to player base he doesn't like. Misconstrues events where he abuses and turns it around to blame the victim. Refuses to add me in base when he is cap. He is partial and corrupt and has ill intentions. I really never did anything to him.... I really don't get the hate. Perhaps a sane person can see why I have to defend myself against this TROLL
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Ogron doing gods work.
                              1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                              1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                              1:Tiny> LOL
                              1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Working...
                              X