TWDT 24 Ratings Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I watched the stream on youtube to selfishly find my name, and RaCka said this exact same thing about me. I was an 8* and they downgraded me to 7.5* because Ogron tried saying I was a 7* or worse and that nobody would play me at even 7*. I mean, I should be thankful the man did me a favor since higher rating is bad, but the point is that RaCka made this exact point you did Rage. Basically said I just came back and if i got really active, it would be broken.

So, as for Tiny: Make someone like ogron hate you and you'll be lower rated. Keep making everyone like you and look what happens. tsk tsk
    what are you talking about you brain damaged fuck?

i didn't say a single word about you, you're a psycho who is obsessed with me and can't stop talking about me, to the point where you've imagined me talking about you.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post

Let's say Mattey for example randomly decided (and was able) to come back and play DT. Should we rate him as a 8* since he hasn't played in forever? No. If he becomes active he can be in shape for DT, and that 8* would be hilariously broken for him. This is why history is important for ratings. It is entirely up to the player to be active or not.
      That is someone with great talent. He prob would be auto 9+. Beside that, what are the odds that someone suddenly gets active during twdt?

And there are people who only play the league games if possible and done that for years. Is it fair they get rated like on their best level because what if they get active again? If i speak for myself, the chance i get active is 0% and yet i have the same rating as in 2018 when i was active. No way i preform as i did back then. I am sure i am not the only one who has it like this.

Comment

cud u answir my quistion 2 u mijir crisis? many ppl want to kniw your thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

That is someone with great talent. He prob would be auto 9+. Beside that, what are the odds that someone suddenly gets active during twdt?

And there are people who only play the league games if possible and done that for years. Is it fair they get rated like on their best level because what if they get active again? If i speak for myself, the chance i get active is 0% and yet i have the same rating as in 2018 when i was active. No way i preform as i did back then. I am sure i am not the only one who has it like this.
          I'm not a big fan of this argument. Why would the league ops, captains or other players show preferential treatment to a tiny minority of players who choose to stay inactive and only show up when convenient? If they rate you high based on your history, the only potential negative impact would be on you if you were unable to return to your previous form. But if they rate you low based on inactivity and you suddenly get active or return to your previous talent level, then your rating is broken and you impact the entire league.

I could be wrong, but the majority of players entering TWDT are active or have been for the past couple of seasons, and most of them remain somewhat active throughout the year(TWL/TWD/Basingcup etc.), so there is enough of a sample size to "accurately" rate them. While I do agree it's somewhat unfair to punish inactive players, especially considering the goal is to grow the game population, I think it's less fair to have these inactive players with broken ratings throw off the balance of the league

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
          Asia Minor> maybe not
          Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
          bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
          bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
          bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
          bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
            Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

Hey, i am not fighting you. I have been saying for seasons that the whole rating system is based on history for many players. And if you look at the ratings you think the level of people got closer and closer, but i disagree as far as i can see as inactive guy.

I wasn't fighting u either! I think it was hard to see my sarcasm via text.
            now kith

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
              Make someone like ogron hate you and you'll be lower rated. Keep making everyone like you and look what happens. tsk tsk
              This does not work. Proof: On stream Zidane wanted me to be 7* in base because he is mentally retarded. It would have been such an easy season at 7!
              rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
              rEnZi> its crazy
              rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo! View Post

I'm not a big fan of this argument. Why would the league ops, captains or other players show preferential treatment to a tiny minority of players who choose to stay inactive and only show up when convenient? If they rate you high based on your history, the only potential negative impact would be on you if you were unable to return to your previous form. But if they rate you low based on inactivity and you suddenly get active or return to your previous talent level, then your rating is broken and you impact the entire league.

I could be wrong, but the majority of players entering TWDT are active or have been for the past couple of seasons, and most of them remain somewhat active throughout the year(TWL/TWD/Basingcup etc.), so there is enough of a sample size to "accurately" rate them. While I do agree it's somewhat unfair to punish inactive players, especially considering the goal is to grow the game population, I think it's less fair to have these inactive players with broken ratings throw off the balance of the league
                While I agree with the general message, I just want to add that it is basically impossible for euro players (like MC) to "suddenly get active" as there is 0 activity during euro times. The leagues are the only thing on normal euro hours, and even then the basing league is late at night.

I try almost every night to get some playing time because I do actually like this game, but I would be lucky to get a single game in two weeks time

Comment

Before this gets too far and too late, can someone math this up and see if raising the limit in twdtd and twdtj is feasible with 10 teams and the players we have? just want to make sure we can sustain this and this wasn’t just a “we want better competition” leaving the parity in the dust.
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I ran the numbers through the database and they look good Tiny...I also think it will lower the amount of calculators and protractors being used by the captains during the draft

Comment

By my calculations, we're approximately 0.08326 over the necessary threshold to justify an increase in cap and my recommended remedy would be to decrease Tiny in all 3 leagues by .5 stars.
                      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

It depends what you want the star cap to achieve. Given the ratings of players currently signed up and rated:
                        - (40: robin hood) transfer playtime from vets to peasants.
                        - (41: reasonable) allow everyone to play if the talent was perfectly distributed.
                        - (42: reasonable) allow everyone to play if the talent was quite well, but imperfectly, distributed.
                        - (43: derp) enters the realm of "should I draft for 3 leagues or 2", which is format-breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post

I was told yesterday, after months of not playing, that I was an 8 and probably should be an 8.5 because i have such value off the scoreboard apart from my .70 K/D that can’t be measured. All other 20 people with .70 K/D are 7.5 *s.

Im excited
                          I think that players ratings are judged in combination of their stats & overall impact to games. A players impact isn't just off their k:d ratio in the last season (which are the only stats we have, and KO's regardless of what stage of the game).

Idk y u think ur lower than an 8 regardless of ur activity big dawg, we've all seen u wb regardless of ur activity level in wb. You know how to stay alive, take a 1:1 and target. And you can hover at almost 1:1, despite last years win/loss record (which i imagine was a losing one? Its harder to be put up 1:1 recs as an inactive wb on teams that don't fit together). So if ur active, you can be gr8 (you've been at a 9 b4 maybe?), and if ur not, ur still gud. I think this makes sense to me?

I think your idea on mathing it up to scope things further is a really good one fwiw (separate of your individual & personal ask), it's a tough one to ask for/demand in a volunteer run league, at least imo.

Gl hf
                          Last edited by Riverside; 01-21-2022, 06:33 PM.

Comment

y dont u signip rifir

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                              y dont u signip rifir
                              I do squits and tripizis on Sundays @ this jinctire so idk if I can commit but I enjoy firims every once in a while gl hf 2 u 2

Comment

its legil 2 vs ixircise n trinch wirs seeink as am performink wirld class athl1t1c manufirs efery day n cud still vs game i vs since 1999 on sunday becuz u haf 2 particip8 if u dun wish 4 it 2 piss away

Comment

Working...
                                X