Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay Marriage

What is your stance on gay marriage?

I believe that homosexuals should not be treated differently than any of us. It is their basic civic right to be treated equally.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

not really since we have to pay taxes for them, but w/e

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
      What is your stance on gay marriage?

I believe that homosexuals should not be treated differently than any of us. It is their basic civic right to be treated equally.
      I agree one hundred percent. Facts are facts. People can blather on all
      they want about how marriage is a religious ceremony, and in fact, if
      churches refused to marry gay people more power too em. But in the eyes
      of the law, there should be nearly no such thing as "man" and "woman".
      If two law abiding citizens wish to perform a legal union that binds them
      together, ie being married... Rock on with your bad selves.

"What harm does it do me if my neighbor has one god or twenty?" --Thomas Paine

Brilliant man, and the same thing applies, what harm does it possibly do,
      and what business is it of ours, if two people wanna get hitched.
      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Exotic
        not really since we have to pay taxes for them, but w/e
        What the fuck are you talking about?
        Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

People should be entitled to their own lives. Studies have proven time and time again that homosexuality is not a personal choice, it is determined primarily be genes.

Churches have the right to refuse gays, however the state, in my opinion does not. Since the state has decided to take on the stance that it is also in their power to grant "legal unions" and marriage licenses, they also assume that it should be open to all law-abiding citizens.

I have no problem with gay marriage, as long as it is not flaunted as a "galant fight," i.e. "Look at us, we're fighting the power. We are pioneers, just like the women's suffragists before us." That kind of talk is absurd. Rights should be made by taking a stand and pointing out valid reasons, not just "we're right, give it to us."
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

the tv station i work at polled it's viewers on if "marriage" should be constitutionally defined as a man and a woman.

84% said yes
            16% said no

close-minded, conservative society.
            plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Yeah, damn them all. Actually, I'm a pretty liberal guy, and I vote Democrat. However, I don't feel gay marriages should be legalized.

The marital institution is defined as a union between one man and one woman. Naturally, the ideal familial situation involves one man and one woman having children and raising them together. Probably my biggest problem is where do you go from here if you legalize gay marriage? I'm sure polygamists would like to have their activities sanctioned by the government as well. Do you think they should be treated equally in the eyes of the law? Would you fight for their 'rights'?

Civil unions are a reasonable compromise in this situation, and I don't see anything wrong with it, even if you believe it should be only a temporary solution towards total 'equality' in the future.

At any rate, breaking the law is certainly no way to make your position favorable to the general public. It is a most unfortunate situation.
              Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

fucking gays wanna be married, they'll just get divorced anyway. Uh, yes that'd be frustrating if you were gay and wanted to be wed legally. I'm Roman catholic and i'd be weird if gays were to get married at my local church. I'd be against it in real life. i'm not anti-gay tho. don't get it twisted. Legally = don't care. but i think its against the religion i worship.
                Last edited by papist; 03-14-2004, 01:34 AM.
                Sunshine...

Comment

I don't have anything on them, it's not like I'm engaged in a gay relationship, and I certainly don't feel any gayer if I knew any friends or acquantinces who were gay. So gay marriage is fine.
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.
                  . â–²
                  ▲ ▲

Comment

One time we were at this restaurant and we had a gay waiter that seemed like he was pretty proud about it. Anyway, the guy came over and asked my friend if she wanted a refill and she said "Yeah, but only half-full, please" and he was like "It's either all or nothin', honey!". In any case, gays make me laugh so they can marry if they want to.
                    Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                    i just wish it was longer
                    Originally posted by Cops
                    it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

well, the other side of the story we ran on our station was the differences between marriages and civil unions. civil unions don't receive immigration benefits, tax deductions, medical decision authority for their partners, and a whole slew of other perks that regular marriages receive. that's all in addition to the actual symbolism involved in marriage.

p.s. i'd vote to allow polygamist marriages as well. the more the merrier.
                      plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

They're human beings, not dogs. (Excluding Cig Smoke) they deserved to be treated equally. As long as they don't bum rape me, I'm ok with it.
                        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                        cool koen> :)
                        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                        cool koen> not because of a bug
                        EvoLd> Lol
                        Treachery> meh
                        EvoLd> why then?
                        PubAceR> women in power dont last
                        EvoLd> LOl
                        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Somewhere in this world there is a guy who married his dog (could be another animal, I'm not sure whether it was a dog or not) so it would be kinda cruel if gays couldn't have their marriage
                          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

The fact that gay marrige is even questionable is complete bull shit to me. The main reason so many people are against it (whether they say so or not) is just because it isn't really the 'normal' thing that happens. New and questionable thing can sometimes frighten close minded peoples sense of security. It's completely ignorant, and just honestly not my business if the guy/girl 6 doors down likes men or women.
                            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

gays will always be gay, why deny them of the basic right of marriage? If they make it illegal or if it is illegal in some countries, then they will continue to protest against it, why not just let them get married, it doesnt harm anyone, unless they adopt a kid and then the kid gets ridiculed.

Comment

Working...
                              X