• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scuggs
    k, yeah, equality for all

so what about pedophiles, huh

its a basic civil right

oh wait,no its not

who defines what is civil and what isnt?
    i don't know if other cultures have borrowed the same phrase, but basically civil rights were the rights guaranteed to US citizens by the constitution of the united states, its amendments, and acts of congress. loosley stated, civil rights would be considered: "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".

edit: i just reread my post and then read yours. i think i'm not making myself clear in the sense that we are discussing marriage. if an insane person wants to get married, sure. if a pedophile wants to get married, sure. in fact, they already can get married, and gay people cant! that's what is so fucked up about this situation. people who are in in jail for murder have the basic right to get married (assuming it is cleared with the warden), yet two chicks in love with each other can't.

wtfz0r?

america has it's priorites totally assed backwards! worry about shit that actually matters, like why the healthcare system is such a fuckin disaster, or why teachers have to pay out of their own pockets for simple things like pencils and other school supplies because of the yearly state budget cuts.
    Last edited by Subjugation; 03-14-2004, 03:50 PM.

Comment

as long as the prison buddies are ganking other men's assholes, it is OK.
      -Jerome Scuggs

1:Musashi> BELIM IS RIGGED AGSINT PPL WHO SUCK

warportal> whenever i get in trouble, i think 'what would pearl jam do?'
      PEARL JAM> WWPJD
      warportal> and then i run away screaming like a girl
      PEARL JAM> makes sense
      PEARL JAM> i mean..that's what i'd do

Comment

gay people are a very clean people

and they have been ever since they immigrated here from France
        Surffaan näitä foorumeita munasillani.

Comment

Originally posted by Convection
          Ooooooo, you made a mistake getting me started on this.

I think the thing we need to ask ourselves isn't whether or not we should have gay marriages, but where the hell we went wrong to even have such a thing as homosexuality. Look at nature, no other organism forms same-sex partnerships. It's wrong, and should not be allowed. So to keep myself from going on for 2 pages, I'll just close with this: No, gay marriages/civil unions should not be allowed, it's not natural, not right, and just plain wrong.
          You just proved my point. It's not the natural thing that happens everday, so people immediatly deem it as wrong.
          7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
          7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
          7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
          7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
          1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

because it is?
            -Jerome Scuggs

PEARL JAM> WWPJD
            PEARL JAM> makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers
              You just proved my point. It's not the natural thing that happens everday, so people immediatly deem it as wrong.
              2 airline jets don't naturally fly into buildings filled with people everyday... that was right?
              Surffaan näitä foorumeita munasillani.

Comment

well if you live in afghanistan..it does
                -Jerome Scuggs

PEARL JAM> WWPJD
                PEARL JAM> makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Hoju
                  2 airline jets don't naturally fly into buildings filled with people everyday... that was right?
                  Nowhere in my post did i defend that incident. 9/11 is another post altogether, and was a horrible event. The point he proved was that people who say gay marrige shouldn't be aloud just because it isn't 'natural' are acting in a very close minded manner.

Close mindedness is not a suitable reason/arguement to dissallow gay marrige.
                  7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                  7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                  7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                  7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                  1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

same sex has worked for millions of years

gay sex only leads to bitching and the ku klux clan

i think natural is a BIT more...proven?
                    -Jerome Scuggs

PEARL JAM> WWPJD
                    PEARL JAM> makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Convection
                      Ooooooo, you made a mistake getting me started on this. Look at nature, no other organism forms same-sex partnerships. It's wrong, and should not be allowed. it's not natural, not right, and just plain wrong.
                      Nobody got you started on anything. You make your own choices. I'm ashamed to be from the same state as you. No other organism builds towers, planes, televisions, pencils, writes, or plays Subspace, either. Human beings are different. I have to stress this point to you, apparently. At the core of us sure, is an animal. But guess what? We're sentient. We are self-aware beings unlike any other organism we've encountered. You disguised your nonsense rhetoric as guided by "nature". People like you infuriate me. What the hell BUSINESS of yours is it? I'm not gay, never even been close, but my god, how would you like it if someone came into your personal life and started telling you how you could or couldn't feel, like or dislike? The problem here isn't whether or not you even think gay people should be allowed to marry. People have a right in this country to pursue happiness, and if they want to do it legally as a gay couple then by a legal standard, rock on. The real issue is the fricking hypocrites in my country that for some reason consider gay marriage as a greater topic to worry about than like.. homeless people.. people starving, rapists, murderers, hell just about anything else at all.

I say this in the interest of perhaps helping you to become a better human being:
                      You should be ashamed of yourself for your closed-mindedness, and lack of understanding and compassion about the world. Read Thomas Paine, people like you need it. Desperately.
                      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scuggs
                        k, yeah, equality for all

so what about pedophiles, huh

its a basic civil right

oh wait,no its not

who defines what is civil and what isnt?

You know, when this whole thing started, I was thinking the same thing. But the thing is, it's anybody's right to be a pedophile. Fine. Flame me all you like, but it's true.

ACTING on those desires, however, is not a right. The age of consent is there for a reason. Children won't know what they're getting into. *coughrapecough*

It's like saying that you think all black/white/asian/etc people should die. Fine. I will defend your right to say that, even though I may disagree. But actually harming people, acting on that opinion, is not cool.
                        --|-- Question #60 | Category: History
                        --|-- Question: What husband wife team starred in "a turkey for the president"?
                        --|-- Hint: Starts with 'Ron'
                        ConCor> ronald reagan
                        ConCor> ronal
                        --|-- No one has given the correct answer of 'Ronald and Nancy Reagon'

Comment

Convection, seriously, don't bother arguing if all you're going to say is "it's wrong". It won't get you anywhere, and all it's doing is allowing everyone else to say "look at what closed-minded fools these are.. everyone who opposes gay marriage is homophobic". This does not help you, so either get your head out of your Bible for a moment, or just keep it there and leave this discussion in bliss. Same goes for RR.

At any rate, no one has yet to answer where society goes from allowing gay marriages. As I mentioned before, what about polygamist marriage? Only stupid-gerbil responded, and said he would support that. Would you? And as Scuggs said, would you then support pedophile marriage? How about bestial marriage? Etc? Were these people not born this way? Did they choose this lifestyle or is it written somewhere in their genetic code? How do you know if it is or not? Why should you care? Why should they not be allowed to live their life as they choose? After all, it has no affect on you or me, right? What business of yours is it? How would you like it if someone came into your personal life and started telling you how you could or couldn't feel? What you like or dislike? This is about equality, not morality. Right?
                          Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Originally posted by Adeon
                            What you like or dislike? This is about equality, not morality.
                            So being gay isn't moral?
                            Where I'm from, homosexsuality has been widely accepted by society, and as a result it is not considered to be immoral (with the exception of some religious people). Pedophilia and bestiality are not only considered to be immoral, they're also illigal. So, I guess in this instance the law draws the line.
                            Each country has it's own legislation, which is highly influenced by the country's culture, which in turn influenced by the religious conviction of it's inhabitants. So, I guess religion is the key factor in this case. As far as I know (please do correct me if I'm wrong here) America is a pretty religious country, whereas The Netherlands is not. Seen as virtually every major religion condemns homosexsuality, it has not been as widely accepted in the USA as it is over here. Therefor, in the USA, gay marriage is concidered to be immoral and as a result it's still outlawed. I'm aware that in the USA, every state has it's own legislation, and I'm unsure if gay marriage is illigal throughout the entire country, so forgive me if I generalized a little
                            There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

actually, i didn't even see convection's post about homosexuality not occuring in the animal kingdom. he's totally incorrect. it happens on a regular basis, and there are more and more studies being conducted to gather more proof.

here's a recent article

so now what, convection? now that you see proof that it occurs, you're ok with homosexuality now, right?

didn't think so.

Comment

Lol, yeah, that's pretty silly...

Fallen, I was basically mimicing all of the arguments used in this thread in support of gay marriages to question people's positions on other "civil rights" issues. j=t was the one who first said "it's not a question of morality, it's a question of equality." And most seem to agree.

Also, gay marriages are, in fact, illegal here in the vast majority of the US. However, some renegade mayors / state officials have been ignoring these laws to further their agenda, particularly in California. They are not obeying the law. Thus, in this respect, it is the same as if they were to be sanctioning polygamist, pedophile, or bestial marriages.

Originally posted by ConCor
                                The age of consent is there for a reason. Children won't know what they're getting into.
                                But who defines that age of consent, Concor?

And how do you know when someone is "ready" or not? We're all individuals, after all. Thus, we're all "ready" at different times of our lives. Who decides whether one person is ready, and another is not? The individual state governments? Isn't that silly? You can go to Wisconsin or Vermont or some place and bang up a 15 year old with consent all you want, but do that in Texas or Florida, and you get thrown away for 20 years. How does that promote equality in the society? Is this person really a pedophile in Texas, but normal in Wisconsin? But if not the states, then who gets to decide? And why?

And still, what is your position on polygamist marriage?

Btw, whose name gets changed in a gay marriage?
                                Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Working...
                                X