Gay Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad, this thread had potential.
    Instead nobody listens to each other, everyone is being extremely closed minded and attacking each other on completely trivial points, thereby completely failing to address the issue at hand.
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 03-18-2004, 11:06 AM.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

• Originally posted by Fallen Angel
      Too bad, this thread had potential.
      Instead nobody listens to each other, everyone is being extremely closed minded and attacking each other on completely trivial points, thereby completely failing to address the issue at hand.
      I think we have milked it for all its got. Time for a new discussion.
      Who likes motorhead?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
        I think we have milked it for all its got. Time for a new discussion.
        Who likes motorhead?
        Me!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodzombie
          there are plenty of hetero couples who can't produce children too. they still get married.
          You point is?

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
          That said, from my psychology book, Psychology by David G. Myers, Ph.D. Psychology at the University of Michigan, quote:

Studies have proven time and time again that children raised in homosexual environments turn out to be socially well-adjusted, intelligent, and mostly straight, directly proportional to the human population that is homosexual.
          Call me skeptical, but (1st), I didn't know there were so many children brought up by homosexual parents in the past. By using the phrase 'directly proportional', those studies must have studied hundreds of cases where children were brought up by homosexual parents (because only very small percent of those children are going to turn out to be homosexuals again). I find this a bit hard to believe since homosexuality was a very controversial issue even in the 80's. Back in those days people hide their homosexuality, let alone live with another gay and adopt a kid. (2nd) children raised in homosexual enviornment are 'well-adjusted' and 'intelligent'?? I mean there are even problemetic kids and slow learners in heterosexual family, the author could not possibly have suggested that children in homosexual family usually have less problems and smarter, right?
          Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

• Originally posted by TelC@t
            You point is?

Call me skeptical, but (1st), I didn't know there were so many children brought up by homosexual parents in the past. By using the phrase 'directly proportional', those studies must have studied hundreds of cases where children were brought up by homosexual parents (because only very small percent of those children are going to turn out to be homosexuals again). I find this a bit hard to believe since homosexuality was a very controversial issue even in the 80's. Back in those days people hide their homosexuality, let alone live with another gay and adopt a kid. (2nd) children raised in homosexual enviornment are 'well-adjusted' and 'intelligent'?? I mean there are even problemetic kids and slow learners in heterosexual family, the author could not possibly have suggested that children in homosexual family usually have less problems and smarter, right?
            Interesting, this book fit of rage was refering to is probably just properganda material thus probably holds little truth.

Comment

• enforcer, you have a lotta posts on this toic. why? are you gay? im gonna gun you down if you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeta-burn
                enforcer, you have a lotta posts on this toic. why? are you gay? im gonna gun you down if you are.
                No im not, i thought that my post were construed as being anti-gay im glad thats not the case.

Btw i just like to have intelligent discussions. The fact that the topic is on homosexuals doesnt matter to me.

Comment

• Yet you seem to say that any source is wrong no matter what, unless it actually supports your opinion.
                  TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

• actually he's saying: blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
                      Interesting, this book fit of rage was refering to is probably just properganda material thus probably holds little truth.
                      You've just been served. Please don't talk anymore. You can find information concerning sexual orientation in the Sexual Motivation heading of Chapter 12: Motivation.

Originally posted by TelCat
                      Back in those days people hide their homosexuality, let alone live with another gay and adopt a kid. (2nd) children raised in homosexual enviornment are 'well-adjusted' and 'intelligent'?? I mean there are even problemetic kids and slow learners in heterosexual family, the author could not possibly have suggested that children in homosexual family usually have less problems and smarter, right?
                      I nor the author ever said that kids of homosexual parents overall have less problems. What I'm trying to relate is that if you interviewed two kids, one from a homo family and one from a hetero one and you were not allowed to ask the sexual orientation/genders of their parents, you most likely would not be able to distinguish from the two.

By directly proportional, I mean that 3-4% of children raised by gay parents turn out to be gay themselves, which is directly proportional to the percent of the entire world population that is gay (estimated 3-4%). There is absolutely no correlation between increased homosexuality in children raised by gay parents compared to straight ones. Thus any argument to the contrary is moot.

Some people complain that kids of homosexual parents are teased more often than those of hetero parents. The solution to this concern is that the amount of children that contract psychological disorders (anxiety disorders, depression, schizophrenia, mood disorders or personality disorders) is almost equivlant (within 1-2%) to those raised by straight parents. The correlation is not strong enough to merit causation. Again, point is considered moot.
                      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

• We've gone from marriage to adoption.

Enforcer, your views on things are definatly different and at times wrong. But as you see me not doing, you insult anyone that contradicts you.

Reasonable Facts > Insults.
                        Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adeon
                          Yeah, damn them all. Actually, I'm a pretty liberal guy, and I vote Democrat. However, I don't feel gay marriages should be legalized.

The marital institution is defined as a union between one man and one woman. Naturally, the ideal familial situation involves one man and one woman having children and raising them together. Probably my biggest problem is where do you go from here if you legalize gay marriage? I'm sure polygamists would like to have their activities sanctioned by the government as well. Do you think they should be treated equally in the eyes of the law? Would you fight for their 'rights'?

Civil unions are a reasonable compromise in this situation, and I don't see anything wrong with it, even if you believe it should be only a temporary solution towards total 'equality' in the future.

At any rate, breaking the law is certainly no way to make your position favorable to the general public. It is a most unfortunate situation.
                          Of course as we can all see now marriage is an incredibly strong institution that fails more than it succeeds and of course we can all see that most male femal parents do such a good job of raising healthy adjusted children. Look at the # of kids who are screwed up and need daily meds just to get by daily how sad to think that just caz their the same sex means they cant do it just as good as a man/woman couple. open ur friggin mind to the obivous.

Comment

• I really dont care anymore, you can believe what you want. However go talk to adoption agencies they still refuse homosexuals to adopt and im sure many homosexual couples have taken them to court for discrimnation thus the adoption agencies won. So in the eyes of the law the agencies arent doing anything wrong and if its ok by the law its ok by me. (ill go try find a case if you people insist)

Comment

Working...
                            X