Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush pokes fun at himself at dinner

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

I'm not a huge Bush hater but this is a bit too far. The President of The United States lied to us, and they exploited our fears, and openly and publicly joked about it. The American president personally did nothing but laugh in our face and called us idiots for believing him. And he has the audacity to joke about the subject. Maybe I'm over reacting, but I can't think of any situation in any mood to where it would be apropriate to joke about such topics.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

This is old but yea...

I'm sure the families of the people that died over that shit think it's really funny too...
    sdg

Comment

So how about that Holocaust? Too soon also? Man...
      Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
      i just wish it was longer
      Originally posted by Cops
      it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

http://www.musicforamerica.org/misc/...s/bushjoke.mov

This is a video that sums up that dinner party.

Comment

bush is an idiot, just like his father.
          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Bush is going to lose the vote, Kerry will step up.
            This will surely be the same with Tony Blair.

Comment

Cops, that is seriously such a stupid attitude to take these "roast" dinners are notrious for presidents to make fun of themselves it however no where near truely reflects Bush's attitude towards the issue he was just trying to make a deep issue alittle lighter for everyone to handle. No-one accuses Bush for lack of dedication to this issue so it absurd for you to imply otherwise. Summary:its just a joke and has become a tradition but definetly doesnt show that Bush has soften on the issue at all!

I think the families of soldiers would appreciate what it really was, Bush just trying to make light of a deep issue and i think all these families would also realise that Bush is totally dedicated to war on terror and with Bush in parliment their sons/daughters/husbands death wont be in vein- thats the more important topic!

There is no real excuse to get rid of Bush, he has pretty much done everything right may have been alittle extreme on the war on terror and Iraq but you have to be and like i said before the economic argument is fruitless. So unless you can come up with an argument that doesnt involve war on terror or the economy then theres no point in getting rid of Bush! With the Iraq issue its simply of a case of do you want to deal with Saddam now when its easy to do so or later when he has the power to destroy the world and continue commiting atrocites- in my opnion i would want the problem solved now to save lives in the future!
              Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 04-18-2004, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Enforcer:

One: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure.
                Two: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure.
                oh.. yeah.. and
                Three: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure, especially my president and local to the same continent as Cops, when you don't even live on this half of the earth.

Cops has whatever attitude he wants to take... it isn't stupid.. it's his own. Too bad you can't say the same, you just regurgitate what the fuck ever you've heard, from thousands of miles away.

Edit: Knew I should've read your post closer. The USA doesn't have a parliment. It has a Congress, and he wouldn't even be in that. Two seperate branches of our government, actually. Legislative... and Executive.
                Last edited by Sarien; 04-18-2004, 10:15 AM.
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

why do you think he called himself 'THE ENFORCER'?

and in caps.

Comment

undefined
                    Originally posted by Sarien
                    Enforcer:

One: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure.
                    Two: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure.
                    oh.. yeah.. and
                    Three: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure, especially my president and local to the same continent as Cops, when you don't even live on this half of the earth.

I can express my view whatever the fuck it is. Dont like it then dont read it.

Cops has whatever attitude he wants to take... it isn't stupid.. it's his own. Too bad you can't say the same, you just regurgitate what the fuck ever you've heard, from thousands of miles away.

It is a stupid (ignorant) comment to make if he is implying that GWB isnt dedicated to the war on terror.

Edit: Knew I should've read your post closer. The USA doesn't have a parliment. It has a Congress, and he wouldn't even be in that. Two seperate branches of our government, actually. Legislative... and Executive.
                    Sigh like it really matters, means the same thing.
                    Sarien idiot call yourself an American yet hypocrit about freedom of speech loser!

Comment

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
                      Sarien idiot call yourself an American yet hypocrit about freedom of speech loser!
                      you really are a fucking moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                        you really are a fucking moron.
                        Oh no but how can you have an opnion your miles away........ (Note:being sarcastic to prove how idiotic sarien statement was incase some idiot tries to pin this on me)

Comment

what do you expect from the enforcer. he's just a fuckin attention whore. instead of just eating his shit and apologizing, he has to be proud and stubborn, as usual.

Originally posted by THE EN-FARCE-R
                          IT'S MY RIGHT TO BE AN IDIOT, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, U HATE FREEDOM OF SPEECH YOU COMMIE PIG!
                          anyway, to address the subject, yea, some things aren't funny.

molesting children? not funny.
                          6 million dead jews? not funny.
                          going to war over a false premise, war profiteering, losing over 600 soldiers and counting, and god knows how many innocent iraqi's? also not funny.

but i don't really find this kind of behavior shocking coming from bush. he's clearly in full "re-election mode", and to apologize or backtrack about anything at this point would show weakness and give the kerry campaign something to use against him.

he's going to continue full strength in iraq until he either gets re-elected, or dumps the iraq problem into kerry's lap.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
                            anyway, to address the subject, yea, some things aren't funny.

molesting children? not funny.
                            6 million dead jews? not funny.
                            going to war over a false premise, war profiteering, losing over 600 soldiers and counting, and god knows how many innocent iraqi's? also not funny.
                            Fair enough, but i dont think that was Bush's intentions.........

edit: what i meant was i dont think Bush was out to make fun of his own soldiers and thier families misfortunes which is what you people are saying in a nutshell.
                            Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 04-18-2004, 11:11 PM.

Comment

So many Bush haters that don't even live in America, the hypocracy. Fine elect Kerry or someone else, they will just finish what Bush started. Maybe if we do really well on internal security we can ignore outside world and let the suicide bombers roam in Europe, we will probably save you yet again like in WWI and II when it gets too hot and you guys can't fight your own war.

PS It is just a roast, try to get a sense of humor even for serious issues. It allows greater depth in looking at things, like showing you that there are worst things then 3,000 people dying in almost an instant.
                              Last edited by lunch3; 04-18-2004, 01:49 PM.
                              -L3

Comment

Working...
                              X