Bush pokes fun at himself at dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
    Fair enough, but i dont think that was Bush's intentions.........
    Bush never thinks about how his actions will affect other people, and when you're president you have to be thinking about how any action even the smallest and insignificant ones affect your people and other countrys.
    Last edited by Cops; 04-18-2004, 02:04 PM.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by lunch3
      So many Bush haters that don't even live in America, the hypocracy. Fine elect Kerry or someone else, they will just finish what Bush started. Maybe if we do really well on internal security we can ignore outside world and let the suicide bombers roam in Europe, we will probably save you yet again like in WWI and II when it gets too hot and you guys can't fight your own war.

PS It is just a roast, try to get a sense of humor even for serious issues. It allows greater depth in looking at things, like showing you that there are worst things then 3,000 people dying in almost an instant.
      OK cockmuncher, you did NOT win the second world war, who the fuck was fighting the Germans 1939-1943? You're a fucking insult to your country and an insult to all those British soldiers who died liberating France and Northern Africa.

You want to know why so many people hate Bush? He has fucked all over the environment, he has removed a dictator that was no threat to his own country's security instead he was more of a warlord keeping the other more extreme factions from taking power like this dickhead cleric in Iraq now is attempting, HE DIDN'T EVEN WIN THE FUCKING ELECTION, he has muntered the record for biggest annual deficit in history - and as America is such a big lender he's going to want some of that money back early, he's dissolved more international treaties than any other president EVER, he's removed the US from the UN human rights and election monitoring board, has ignored and therefore rendered the Geneva Convention irrelevant and has intensified the Isreali-Palestinian conflict with his policy of disengagement.

Ever heard of globalisation? Thats why we care about Bush, your country has imposed yourself on everyone since the advent of the Cold War and now he's dicking on everyone.
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
        Enforcer:

One: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure.
        Two: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure.
        oh.. yeah.. and
        Three: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure, especially my president and local to the same continent as Cops, when you don't even live on this half of the earth.

Cops has whatever attitude he wants to take... it isn't stupid.. it's his own. Too bad you can't say the same, you just regurgitate what the fuck ever you've heard, from thousands of miles away.

Edit: Knew I should've read your post closer. The USA doesn't have a parliment. It has a Congress, and he wouldn't even be in that. Two seperate branches of our government, actually. Legislative... and Executive.

The Enforcer can take whatever attitude he wants to take... it isn't stupid.. it's his own. Too bad you can't say the same, you just regurgitate what the fuck ever you've heard from inside the country itself.

In case you haven't noticed, there's no difference between what The Enforcer's saying and what you or Cops are saying. They're just opposite sides of the same argument and equally valid.

For gawd's sakes, people, you guys are arguing against The Enforcer based only on his reputation and not on what he's saying. There's nothing he's said in this thread that he should be "eating his shit and apologizing" for like J=T suggested.

Back to the topic of the roast dinner, the only one being made fun of at the dinner was Bush himself and his associates. It wasn't like he was dancing on the grave of an Iraqi baby, but making fun of how his difficulties remembering people's names or understanding Kerry's foreign policy.

Comment

tk, normally you're pretty reasonable and accurate, but i am disappointed in your latest effort at keeping people honest.

i disagree that the cops' post was no different than enforcers. the main difference is tone. cops is voicing frustration and anger over a political issue, and the enforcer begins his post with a personal attack on cops for feeling that way, and tells him his position is absurd. in an dogmatic and combatative tone, enforcer states that the people living in america have no valid reasons for voting against the current administration. this is offensive twofold: 1. it discounts differing opinions 2. considering he doesn't even live in here, he won't have to suffer the consequences of keeping or changing administrations nearly as much. in cops' post, he even softens his frustration by saying "Maybe I'm over reacting". cops' post is clearly more moderate in his opinion, and the enforcer's post is more abrasive and rigid in his opinion.

and as far as arguing against someone based on reputation, if someone has a history of behaving a certain way (in his case, being argumentative for the sake of getting attention), then, i feel it's appropriate to factor in that person's previous behavior.

Comment

Okee Dokee then. Before I start dissecting away, I'm going to say that I respect you in game and out Troll King.. when I see you play shark, I try to pay attention and see what I can learn. Same thing for your posts, when I read them, they almost always seem well thought out, and I read them, all to see what it is you have to say. That being said.. however..

My post had nothing to do with his "reputation".. it had everything to do with this:
            Cops, that is seriously such a stupid attitude to take
            The very first part of the very first thing he had to say was an insult.
            he was just trying to make a deep issue alittle lighter for everyone to handle.
            This is exactly what Cops and the article was saying, and yet the point of his post was.. to him this seems in bad taste, and inappropriate.
            I think the families of soldiers would appreciate what it really was, Bush just trying to make light of a deep issue and i think all these families would also realise that Bush is totally dedicated to war on terror and with Bush in parliment their sons/daughters/husbands death wont be in vein- thats the more important topic!
            How many families of soldiers does he know? Yes, you can make an argument about the fact that this is what he thinks. However it's an assumption with how much basis in actual knowledge?
            There is no real excuse to get rid of Bush, he has pretty much done everything right
            Take a look at Zeus' post. It saves me space from having to type everything that he put down. Again yes, his own opinion, very true, however inaccurate it may be in fact.

Now, a bit of breathing space for Enforcer, that explains pretty much my reason for replying to him. However some things you have said TK, that are incorrect assumptions on your own part.

Originally posted by Troll King
            In case you haven't noticed, there's no difference between what The Enforcer's saying and what you or Cops are saying. They're just opposite sides of the same argument and equally valid.
            If you look, that was my first post, and I don't necessarily agree that it inappropriate because I don't know more about the actual event. You see, my post rather than siding with Cops was merely telling Enforcer.. for the reasons listed above (without actually listing them, granted) to back off. It isn't so much both sides of an argument as two seperate arguments.

Back to the topic of the roast dinner, the only one being made fun of at the dinner was Bush himself and his associates. It wasn't like he was dancing on the grave of an Iraqi baby, but making fun of how his difficulties remembering people's names or understanding Kerry's foreign policy.
            As far as I know, it wasn't a roast dinner on many levels. Firstly roast was mentioned by Enforcer, where he got the term I haven't a clue. It wasn't in the article and didn't show up, until Enforcer said it. Secondly, a roast is not really something you do to yourself, it's traditionally a function where other people, presumed to be close friends of the person being honored, will make fun of him/her, in the sense of just having good fun. At this function he was making fun of himself during a slideshow, which is more self depricating, and/or sardonic humor aimed at himself. Again however, the point of the original post is entirely missed: Cops was saying that yes that's what he was doing, but it seems inappropriate considering that not only is the situation proven to be different than the best of intentions on Bush's behalf, but it is in fact... still ongoing. The thing I have to point out to you however, in defense of Cops' argument is simply that you don't have to dance on the grave of an Iraqi baby to be offensive and inappropriate. There are many levels of being so before you hit that extreme.
            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Hi guys, its George

just so you know:
              •I attacked and took over 2 countries.

•I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the US Treasury.

•I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not
              easy!).

•I set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12
              month period.

•I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock
              market.

•I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

•In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on
              vacation by any president in US history (tough to beat my dad's, but I did).

•After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over
              the worst security failure in US history.

•I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in
              US history.

•In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.

•I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other
              president in US history.

•I set the all-time record for most real estate foreclosures in a 12-month
              period.

•I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any
              president in US history.

•I set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president, since
              the advent of TV.

•I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any
              other US president in history.

•I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to
              intervene when corruption was revealed.

•I cut health care benefits for war veterans.

•I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take
              to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for
              protest against any person in the history of mankind.

•I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

•I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US
              history.

•Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history.
              (The poorest multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker
              named after her.)

•I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union
              simultaneously struggle against bankruptcy.

•I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in
              any country in the history of the world.

•I am the first president in US history to order a US attack AND military
              occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the
              United Nations and the vast majority of the international community.

•I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history
              of the United States, called the "Bureau of Homeland Security"(only one
              letter away from BS).

•I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases,
              more than any other president in US history (Ronnie was tough to beat, but I
              did it!!).

•I am the first president in US history to compel the United Nations remove
              the US from the Human Rights Commission.

•I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove
              the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.

•I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of
              congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

•I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant. I withdrew from the World
              Court of Law.

•I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default
              no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

•I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election
              inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.

•I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign
              donations.

•The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best
              friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in
              world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

•I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US
              history.

•I am the first president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and
              then lied, saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)

•I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.

•I took the world's sympathy for the US after 9/11, and in less than a year
              made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest
              diplomatic failure in US and world history).

•I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of
              Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and
              stability.

•I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government
              contracts.

•I set the all-time record for the number of administration appointees who
              violated US law by not selling their huge investments in corporations
              bidding for gov't contracts.

•I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any
              other president in US history.

•I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than
              two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

•RECORDS AND REFERENCES: I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in
              Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).

•I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during time of
              war.

•I refuse to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.
              (wink,wink)

•All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my
              fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

•All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt
              companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

•All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served on the
              board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

•Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public
              energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

With Love,
              GEORGE W. BUSH
              The White House, Washington, DC
              I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Thats pretty much my post except including the bits thats only relevant to the states (I'm not a states hater, just arrogant pricks and Bushy)

Comment

Hey guys, its GW again. If you are interested in learning more about me, go to www.google.com type in "weapons of mass destruction" and hit im feeling lucky. Also, type in "miserable failure" and hit search, the second site that comes up is the one you are looking for
                  I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Zeus is so emotional, blah.

Read Enforcer's thread on politics past and prtesent, wrote my arguements there. Some good arguements against Bush and some good for Bush, only difference is that most people putting down Bush call 'Bush-Lovers' ignorant fucks. Continue to flame and write venemous posts without good arguements and use the media's hand fed headlines to put across your point in a venemous manner.

WWII, Russia would have won that war if US didn't step in, but would probably take many more years. England fought well, but they had to because Hitler was going to invade England and plus the French were close allies of the English. Hitler attacked England with air raids to begin with and would have invaded if it were not for the Royal Air Force decimating the Luftwaffe's bombers. The US supplied huge amounts of supplies before they entered, and they entered when there was no immediate danger to them because we were smart and knew a Europe with Hitler ruling would not be a good thing. Maybe we should've acted like these "it isn't your business US, stay out of world affairs" people during WWII, what would the world be like today?
                    -L3

Comment

Firstly, I didn't say that your post was about "reputation". The "reputation" comment wasn't directed at you, Sarien but rather at Jesus=Terrorist (whom I quoted). When he began his post by saying: "what do you expect from the enforcer" then it's clear that he's relying on reputation.

Saying an attitude is stupid is not an insult. If it is, then it's up to the attitude to lodge a complaint, because it's not like Cops is being called stupid. Think about this people: there's a difference between calling somebody stupid and for saying that their attitude is stupid. If you disagree with me on this then please feel free to call my attitude stupid. Now, having done that, do you think I'm stupid? Do you think you just insulted me?

If you think it's such a no-no to insult someone's opinion, then you did the same thing by saying that The Enforcer's opinions just "what the fuck he had heard" being "regurgitated". Aren't you also insulting his opinions? I think that being "stupid" isn't as bad or as insulting an adjective as "whatever the fuck". I sure hope the words "he started it" aren't jumping out at you at this moment. Jesus=Terrorist later mentioned how Enforcer's tone "discounts other people's opinions". I think your telling him to stop telling you to how to feel about Bush to be similar.

One thing I think that a lot of people overlooked was what Bush was making fun of. One example was using flash cards to help him remember the names of foreign dignataries. There was a picture of him looking under a table and he joked that he was looking for WMDs. Fact is, he probably stole half these jokes from Leno and the other half from jokes posted on online messageboards. The point is that everyone's making these same jokes at Bush's expense. I don't see anything wrong with him laughing at himself too. I don't see anything that would cause Jesus=Terrorist to label the jokes as "shocking".

The roast idea is fairly obvious. It was a planned and choreographed presentation to make fun of himself and his staff in front of a lot of people at a black tie dinner. That's what a roast is. Whether the article used the term or not is irrelevant. If you don't think that it should be defined as a roast, then fine. Either way, it doesn't matter.

I think Cops is overreacting to this article. It would take quite a stretch to go from making fun at himself in a slide show to laughing in the faces of everybody. People are reacting to this like Bush was walking around wearing a Saddam Hussein mask and dancing on the grave of an American soldier. He's poking fun at himself, which the article makes very clear.

After the humourous slides, he went on to more serious and somber photos. If he was still cracking wise during this part, then yes, you could have a beef. From the article, there doesn't seem to be a sign of that.

Comment

If America hadn't of fought in the war then the world today would be Americaless as Japan had started attacking you

Comment

Unfortunately we can't place a monetary value on somebody's life, or desperation, or fears. We can't measure the loss of children huddled up together in a corner as troops pass by. We can't determine how much money is lost when air raid sirens turn a crowded city into a ghost town.

If we could, we'd be able to gather an exact figure of how much "liberation" costs.

Under the false pretex of liberating the Iraqi people, the American government has spent billions of dollars. They've destroyed a nation in America's name, and instigated (for a second time) a regime change.

Those slides were far from humorous, saying they were is being very insensitive.
                          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                            he has muntered.
                            Is that really a word?

Originally posted by Sarien
                            One: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure.
                            Two: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure.
                            oh.. yeah.. and
                            Three: Stop telling us how we should feel about a political figure, especially my president and local to the same continent as Cops, when you don't even live on this half of the earth.
                            Most idiotic comments I've read in a long time.

Originally posted by Jesus=terrorist
                            molesting children? not funny.
                            6 million dead jews? not funny.
                            going to war over a false premise, war profiteering, losing over 600 soldiers and counting, and god knows how many innocent iraqi's? also not funny.
                            Did you riot in the streets when in the recent Southpark episode Cartman started acting like Hitler trying to get the people of southpark to exterminate all the jews, or did you laugh? Just curious

Originally posted by Cops
                            Those slides were far from humorous, saying they were is being very insensitive.
                            Did you even read the article you linked? As TK said
                            After the humourous slides, he went on to more serious and somber photos. If he was still cracking wise during this part, then yes, you could have a beef. From the article, there doesn't seem to be a sign of that.
                            Anyway I didn't really see anything bad in that newsreport. I think some of you are just looking for any excuse to attack Bush because it's the popular thing to do. Pick the right fights. There was nothing wrong in this one. Talk about overreacting.

Comment

"•I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the US Treasury.

•I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not
                              easy!).

•I set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12
                              month period.

•I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock
                              market.

•In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.

•I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other
                              president in US history.

•I set the all-time record for most real estate foreclosures in a 12-month
                              period.

•I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union
                              simultaneously struggle against bankruptcy.

•I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in
                              any country in the history of the world.

•I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases,
                              more than any other president in US history (Ronnie was tough to beat, but I
                              did it!!).
                              •All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served on the
                              board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
                              •All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt
                              companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
                              •I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than
                              two years turned every single economic category heading straight down."

These points are all irrelvant as this would of happened under any other president with 9/11 and the natural downswing of the economy it couldnt have been avoided. The other points were just not in the presidents control e.g biggest stock market fraud-come on how is that his fault?

"•After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over
                              the worst security failure in US history.

•I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US
                              history
                              •I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history
                              of the United States, called the "Bureau of Homeland Security"(only one
                              letter away from BS). "

Any president would of done the same considering the threat against USA after 9/11- just looking for excuses here.

If you look at the other points they are hardly important the only real issue here is the war on iraq and thus should be the only reason to sway your vote everything else is irrelvant.

Comment

Saying an attitude is stupid is not an insult. If it is, then it's up to the attitude to lodge a complaint, because it's not like Cops is being called stupid. Think about this people: there's a difference between calling somebody stupid and for saying that their attitude is stupid.

Considering this is a forum and i dont know anyone here when i say something is stupid it is implied that im talking about the attitude and not the person.....

Jesus=Terrorist later mentioned how Enforcer's tone "discounts other people's opinions". I think your telling him to stop telling you to how to feel about Bush to be similar.
                                Jesus=Terrorist is angry at my tone????? wtf? As for this statement "considering he doesn't even live in here, he won't have to suffer the consequences of keeping or changing administrations nearly as much"- that is really dumb since everyone knows how much influence USA has on the world and on Aust the only reason why im stating this issues and informing myself on US issues is because USA has such a significant impact economically and socially and just recently politically (w/ John Howard) on Aust!

Note:editted post 15.
                                Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 04-18-2004, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X