Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
    Did you even read the article you linked? As TK said

Anyway I didn't really see anything bad in that newsreport. I think some of you are just looking for any excuse to attack Bush because it's the popular thing to do. Pick the right fights. There was nothing wrong in this one. Talk about overreacting.
    No I posted it without reading it and had an in-depth opinion on the article . In my first post I made it very clear that I'm not a huge bush hater. I'm not finding reasons to hate him either, he's supplying them for us. I'll rephrase my statement, in my opinion I find those slides very offensive and if anyone finds them humorous I find them to be very insensitive.
    Last edited by Cops; 04-18-2004, 11:33 PM.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Just out of curiousity, which slides do you mean in particular? If you refer to ones of him holding up a pack of cards or Dick Cheney holding his fingers a couple of inches apart, I don't see what's so offensive about those.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobey
        Bush is going to lose the vote, Kerry will step up.
        This will surely be the same with Tony Blair.
        Kerry for president!.. I researched him.. Sort of. I watched TV and I looked at some websites and he is a very nice candidate.

Edit: I didnt read any of the posts above mine except for mobey's. You guys have some fucked up problems. Dont take it personally. Fucked up problems as in your thoughts.
        |
        Spam me, Im bored: Sleepsmokr0001@yahoo.com
        Selex - (Early) 2000 - (Mid) 2004 Retiree!(July 25)
        [Spastic]
        --:fear:--

Comment

I do think it was in bad taste. It didn't offend me when I first heard about it, but when I think about parents whose children were sent over there to fight because of some non-existant weapons of mass destruction, I can completely understand how people were offended.

Sleepy, your southpark argument falls short because the southpark guys aren't the ones that killed the jews. Bush IS the one that sent our troops over there. I don't think it would be offensive if it was a saturday night live sketch, but this is our president. What if I stabbed your baby and then was clownin like "where'd I put that knife? is it over here?".

And enforcer saying "I'm sure the families of the soldiers blah blah blah" you're not sure of shit. Are you the family of a soldier? shut up.
          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by lunch3
            Zeus is so emotional, blah.

Read Enforcer's thread on politics past and prtesent, wrote my arguements there. Some good arguements against Bush and some good for Bush, only difference is that most people putting down Bush call 'Bush-Lovers' ignorant fucks. Continue to flame and write venemous posts without good arguements and use the media's hand fed headlines to put across your point in a venemous manner.
            ?

It turned into that because there's no arguing with the enforcer.. he'll tell you everything he learned on fox news today as if it's fact, and if they didn't cover it on fox news, he'll make up vague "facts" about it.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by THE ENFORCERp
              "•I
              If you look at the other points they are hardly important the only real issue here is the war on iraq and thus should be the only reason to sway your vote everything else is irrelvant.

irrelevant to you, living in australia, very relevant to me, living in the US.

Comment

Guys, no matter what you think, THE ENFORCER will have an opposite opinion.
                Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                  What if I stabbed your baby and then was clownin like "where'd I put that knife? is it over here?".

That analogy is pretty loose. Kinda like your wife. That's right I said it. And anyway if someone stabbed my baby (if I had one) and my neighbor made a joke about it, I'd still be offended even though he wasn't the one who did the stabbing.

Was the holocaust funny, of course not. Neither is the war on Iraq. But the context is pretty important. This was a roast dinner (or so I'm told by this thread) which is basically the same as a SNL sketch. I can see how the WMD joke could be offensive if taken out of context, but I don't think it's anymore offensive than a holocaust joke in the context of southpark. The context of the joke in a roast situation was obviously to make fun of Bush personally, not of the situation in Iraq or the motives behind it, which the somber moments that followed were probably meant to emphasize. So my point was to elicit whether this was general sympathy for the feelings of others (and therefore in my opinion you should be offended by both) or just trying to take some jabs at Bush.
                  Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 04-19-2004, 10:04 PM.

Comment

That is far too much to read :eek:
                    Merf. <_<

Comment

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
                      Jesus=Terrorist is angry at my tone????? wtf?
                      i didn't say i was angry at your tone, i said tone was one of the differences between ur post and cops.

As for this statement "considering he doesn't even live in here, he won't have to suffer the consequences of keeping or changing administrations nearly as much"- that is really dumb since everyone knows how much influence USA has on the world and on Aust...
                      key words... "nearly as much". i didn't say "will only affect america and no other countries." if you want to talk about what's "really dumb", perhaps it's your reading comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                        I do think it was in bad taste. It didn't offend me when I first heard about it, but when I think about parents whose children were sent over there to fight because of some non-existant weapons of mass destruction, I can completely understand how people were offended.

Only if you think the soldiers were sent there just to dismantle these WMD and nothing else which would be a narrow minded view of the event.

And enforcer saying "I'm sure the families of the soldiers blah blah blah" you're not sure of shit. Are you the family of a soldier? shut up.

Yes actually and im gonna be a soldier so u shut up!

It turned into that because there's no arguing with the enforcer.. he'll tell you everything he learned on fox news today as if it's fact, and if they didn't cover it on fox news, he'll make up vague "facts" about it.

Wheres your proof on that one? show me some quotes?

irrelevant to you, living in australia, very relevant to me, living in the US.

I just proven to you that anything that happens in US is relevant to Aust!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
                          key words... "nearly as much". i didn't say "will only affect america and no other countries." if you want to talk about what's "really dumb", perhaps it's your reading comprehension.
                          US influence it quite alot on Aust its not "nearly as much" as you imply. Secondly how would you know? have you seen comprehensive studies on Aust society do you know anyone that lives here your just second guessing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo
                            Guys, no matter what you think, THE ENFORCER will have an opposite opinion.
                            I sided with the majority on the abortion issue!

Just simply because im not a left wing hippie who feels that there is no white and black on these types of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                              Was the holocaust funny, of course not. Neither is the war on Iraq. But the context is pretty important. This was a roast dinner (or so I'm told by this thread) which is basically the same as a SNL sketch. I can see how the WMD joke could be offensive if taken out of context, but I don't think it's anymore offensive than a holocaust joke in the context of southpark.
                              president bush led our country to war based on a false premise. to joke about it is like a con artist joking about how he ripped you off. the shit aint funny coming from him. and i just can't see the families of the dead soldiers finding it appropriate either.

and i never saw that episode of southpark, but you're right, i'd probably have laughed my fuckin ass off. they're one of the few comedy writers that can pull off making the holocaust funny. but i've heard of religious organizations and family groups that are totally offended by southpark.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
                                US influence it quite alot on Aust its not "nearly as much" as you imply. Secondly how would you know? have you seen comprehensive studies on Aust society do you know anyone that lives here your just second guessing!
                                so you're saying the president of the United States affects Australia's citizens as much as the United States' citizens?

Comment

Working...
                                X