No announcement yet.

Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did field say something to clear voth or did voth say that field cleared him?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
      did field say something to clear voth or did voth say that field cleared him?
      Field said his N1 action was to get Voths role and alignment, and he confirmed what Voth has claimed. Voth said his N1 action was to investigate field. I said it was cute that they targeted each other. I was a little suspicious that they had just town cleared each other, but with field flipping green, its 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
        did field say something to clear voth or did voth say that field cleared him?
        You're right - Voth investigated Field and Field came up innocent according to Voth.

It doesn't make sense that Voth would be declaring that as scum to stop a potential lynch on Field.

I can't see Voth & Exalt being aligned in this game.

Perhaps Exalt jumped to confirm me as town super-early to get townie cred? Knowing that it would be likely I'd be inclined to trust Exalt as 'having my back' in the wildcard reveal debacle?

Beast is still alive lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post
          I'm leaning more against Exalt now. Having seen proof in just 'ending the phase' whenever he wants as part of his role, how that aligns with the prisoners in any way is completely beyond me. It must be guards/prison aligned, surely? Exalt do you see my point here?

Scarlet summarised in one of his posts that field knew that Voth was town. Voth I think you said that Field had your affiliation in his inbox since D1?

Post #545, Jessup says she was consistently voting Field and Voth in the same bracket. Jessup has the strongest scum lean of all in the game now I think we can all agree. But Exalt then stops the lynch before we can get to Jessup.

Looking mighty fishy now. Is the right play to go after Jessup + Exalt?

Zeebu is town. Willby I don't know.
          You would say that SCUM. Kass and exalt are mafia, remember this !!!!!!
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Field said his N1 action was to get Voths role and alignment, and he confirmed what Voth has claimed. Voth said his N1 action was to investigate field. I said it was cute that they targeted each other. I was a little suspicious that they had just town cleared each other, but with field flipping green, its 100%.
            Ah, that's very helpful. Thanks for clarifying Willby. What are your throughts on Exalt/Jessup/Beast?

Comment

I'm leaning more against Exalt now. Having seen proof in just 'ending the phase' whenever he wants as part of his role, how that aligns with the prisoners in any way is completely beyond me. It must be guards/prison aligned, surely? Exalt do you see my point here?

Scarlet summarised in one of his posts that field knew that Voth was town. Voth I think you said that Field had your affiliation in his inbox since D1?

Post #545, Jessup says she was consistently voting Field and Voth in the same bracket. Jessup has the strongest scum lean of all in the game now I think we can all agree. But Exalt then stops the lynch before we can get to Jessup.

Looking mighty fishy now. Is the right play to go after Jessup + Exalt?

Zeebu is town. Willby I don't know.
              It does seem like a guard action except in the movie shawshank, a prisoner (the main character, to an extent) breaks into the warden's office and plays sull'aria, which notably had a calming effect on the prison. I dont think it's a "guard" action, and I dont think it's a scum action. Mechanically, stopping a lynch is pretty OP for a scum team, partially because it is a primarily townie role. We had a couple cult members, a SK, and scum. I think this role is too OP for scum, but appropriately powerful for town.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

It does seem like a guard action except in the movie shawshank, a prisoner (the main character, to an extent) breaks into the warden's office and plays sull'aria, which notably had a calming effect on the prison. I dont think it's a "guard" action, and I dont think it's a scum action. Mechanically, stopping a lynch is pretty OP for a scum team, partially because it is a primarily townie role. We had a couple cult members, a SK, and scum. I think this role is too OP for scum, but appropriately powerful for town.
                Oh, OK I really should watch the film again. This info is vital.

Comment

• I'm being very chatty this night phase because I genuinely think it's me going. Turns out targetting potential scum with random actions is quite disruptive

Comment

• Just a summary of my actions for when I go :

N1 - Targetted Jessup, got 'investigated Jessup but got no clues because they were locked away in solitary'
                    N2 - Targetted Scarlet, got 'you successfully Jailed Scarlet', no NightKill occurred
                    N3 - Targetted Scarlet (tried to switch to Beast but kthx missed it), got 'Success', Scarlet died (I think I rolled either the mafia kill or leo's serial killer kill)
                    N4 - *whistle*

I've added some colours to the dead players since this post was made :

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                    [5] Sherlock Holmes - Exalt, PartyFalcon, jessup, scarlet, voth
                    [3] Jessup - Sherlock Holmes, Zeebu, Kassius
                    [3] Beast - WillBy,the_paul, halp
                    [3] scarlet - m_leonhard, Vehicle, field
                    [1] willby - Beast

FYI, this was the final D1 votecount as far as I can tell.

From what I'm seeing, the Sherlock wagon looks pretty pure. Maybe PF is scum, but I'm going to just assume no right now due to my PoE.

Jessup wagon looks pure too, considering Sherlock flipped town, Kassius full-claimed, and Zeebu could go either way.

That leaves: Beast/Scarlet/WillBy wagons. Beast votes WillBy no matter what, so I'm striking that one down for now.

So whose left? Beast/Scarlet wagons.

Paul flipped Cult and Field came back inno through Voth. Whose left on those wagons?
                    If we're all happy that Zeebu is 100% town, and I'm town, then we had no scum against Jessup. If Jessup is scum, that means 2 scum are driving the lynch on Sherlock.

My brain hurts too much in trying to figure out how either of Exalt or Voth are scum at this stage now after learning some of the flavour from Willby above. I think it all starts with Jessup's removal, though. And with the 3x dead third parties, maybe there was only a 3-man scum team.

Comment

I'm being very chatty this night phase because I genuinely think it's me going. Turns out targetting potential scum with random actions is quite disruptive
                      :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• 7 players remain. I think it's just one scum team member left. Break it down:

1 town NK tonight, we have 6 remaining.

Tomorrow, lynch Jessup. If he's scum, game over. If he's town, 5 remain going into the night.

1 town NK next night, 4 remain (including one scum).

This day is the big one. What players are left after the two night kills will dictate how likely we are to win.

I can't help but point out that if Exalt is town, his hissy fit really fucked us. He let us get through a day without lynching anyone (when the player he says is 100% scum is leading the vote). What a waste. If he let Jessup get lynched, we might have won the game right already if Jessup is indeed scum.

Now, we have to address Jessup AGAIN next day phase and what's the difference? Two inactives who were about to be modkilled anyway and a dead townie that didn't need to die before we had a chance to lynch someone. Now the water is muddy still and all we did was allow scum to kill one of us for free without us learning anything besides what we would have already learned (the incoming modkills).

I see a really simple route for the remaining scum to capitalize on the situation Exalt put us in (if he's town) and really actually give themselves a chance to win. I won't elaborate to give them ideas, but it's fairly obvious.

7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Ah, that's very helpful. Thanks for clarifying Willby. What are your throughts on Exalt/Jessup/Beast?
                          I think I answered about exalt in that last post, but to reiterate i cant see him as an anti-town role. I wish people hadn't led him to use his role. However, i think using his action confirms him as town.

Jessup has done nothing useful. Let's ignore for a second the fake-doctor claim. I cant find the exact vote count at phase change, but from a brief swim around D1. She held on to her vote and avoided contributing, probably to avoid the natural jessup D1 train. Oh wait, it still happened. She only avoided a D1 lynch by claiming doctor, a role we couldn't afford to randomly lynch. For what it's worth, scarlet gave jessup a townread. From there, jessup sided as hard as possible with Halp in the Voth vs Halp spectacle D3. Shes thrown shade at everyone- last phase it was Voth (who is now confirmed) then it was zeebu, now she just has exalt, beast, kassius and I.
                          Now to the doctor claim. No part of this adds up. You claimed jessup was jailed N1- THEN jessup said she didnt take an action, because she didnt think anyone was townie enough to be worth protecting. I can almost dismiss this as jessup level logic, except she then protected herself N2. Doctor should always protect the highest value night kill target, which after D1 was supposedly jessup. Why wouldnt she protect herself N1? All of a sudden it's an x-shot action? I'd still think youd want to protect yourself N1... finally, she claimed to protect field N3, but he still died. Then she became a naive doctor, or a doctor that kills their patients. Except this didnt happen N2... nevermind the fact that the mafia clearly had motive to kill field N3- a motive they never felt the need in regards to jessup.
                          In summary, jessup is either lying, or literally the worst doctor ever. She has not only avoided protecting players (herself included) but she has actively ignored logic to join scum trains and she has given such shitty reasoning behind all her actions that there is no reason to think her town.

Beast is still useless, has been all game. Refused to roleclaim for field, refused to roleclaim for me. I cant imagine any role so much more valuable for the town than the roles already claimed that you wouldnt just claim right here, right now. The truth is, beast just hasnt had any pressure since D1, resulting in him being able to lurk. That being said, I think jessup is the last scum remaining, and beast is a townie by numbers. I would support a double lynch this next phase between these two, though I'd prefer lynching only Jessup, absent any new information. I think beast is a good candidate for you to use your wildcard action on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
                            7 players remain. I think it's just one scum team member left. Break it down:

Tomorrow, lynch Jessup. If he's scum, game over. If he's town, 5 remain going into the night.

This day is the big one. What players are left after the two night kills will dictate how likely we are to win.

I can't help but point out that if Exalt is town, his hissy fit really fucked us. He let us get through a day without lynching anyone (when the player he says is 100% scum is leading the vote). What a waste. If he let Jessup get lynched, we might have won the game right already if Jessup is indeed scum.

Now, we have to address Jessup AGAIN next day phase and what's the difference? Two inactives who were about to be modkilled anyway and a dead townie that didn't need to die before we had a chance to lynch someone. Now the water is muddy still and all we did was allow scum to kill one of us for free without us learning anything besides what we would have already learned (the incoming modkills).

I see a really simple route for the remaining scum to capitalize on the situation Exalt put us in (if he's town) and really actually give themselves a chance to win. I won't elaborate to give them ideas, but it's fairly obvious.
                            The flip side of the coin of course is that he is not town and he deliberately threw that hissy fit knowing that if Jessup was lynched and flipped town, he is fucked immediately.
                            7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                            Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10
                            Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• in a balance sense, i tend to agree that having a scum aligned person that can stop a vote is pretty overpowered. it would be tough to swallow having kthx give that ability to scum, even if it was a one time use.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
                                7 players remain. I think it's just one scum team member left. Break it down:

You arent wrong about a simple route for scum to take going forward. However, I think that its narrowed down enough to make it through fine. Scum has to eliminate you and zeebu asap- can't have confirmed townies in lylo. Exalt and kassius look very town, and more dangerous (due to remaining night actions). Scum wouldnt want those hanging out either. Beast and I look clear from a night kill for now- as the least-certain town, I'd put all my hope in lynching one or both of us in the remaining day phases to get to the W. Probably save beast for last, hed be easiest to convince to vote exalt or something.

this is my recommendation to the scum team. It's a really hard draw though, especially if exalt does have a BP vest

Comment

Working...
                                X