No announcement yet.

Donald Trump vs Joe Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also qan can we ban speech about crop rotation theory and monoculture in vegetables? I still have genetic flashbacks from the great potatocaust due to my irish heritage.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Racist language in general isn't allowed. We're not there to moderate every single line of chat, but when racist language is reported or we do see it, we respond to it, regardless of the group being targeted. Trying to push the limits of free speech is what results in that freedom being curtailed, so I wouldn't advise it in general. Maybe best to save the race talk for boring your nephew at Thanksgiving dinner.

Also note that a prerequisite for breaking the game's rules is logging in.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Something just sounds weird about a comment like having free speech is the reason why speech has to be taken away. Thought crimes of the hot huh. But I realize on a game your job is to provide repercussions for free speech which is what technically keeps our tongues civilized in real life. I always thought along the lines of a game hosted here should have to follow the rules of the country it is in. It's a pretty tricky thing to handle honestly. You are better than most at handling it since before Rudy anyways.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

the debate was funny. neither one of the clowns won but america definitely lost

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            Something just sounds weird about a comment like having free speech is the reason why speech has to be taken away. Thought crimes of the hot huh. But I realize on a game your job is to provide repercussions for free speech which is what technically keeps our tongues civilized in real life. I always thought along the lines of a game hosted here should have to follow the rules of the country it is in. It's a pretty tricky thing to handle honestly. You are better than most at handling it since before Rudy anyways.
            Appreciate that. It's by no means easy. I don't enjoy curtailing speech, but the health of the game is the chief concern. Some of the appeal of the game is to be able to talk fairly freely, in a way you can't really do in most corners of the internet. That's part of the established culture, for better or for worse. It's a balancing act between maintaining that culture of freedom while still providing a place that people enjoy playing in.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post

Appreciate that. It's by no means easy. I don't enjoy curtailing speech, but the health of the game is the chief concern. Some of the appeal of the game is to be able to talk fairly freely, in a way you can't really do in most corners of the internet. That's part of the established culture, for better or for worse. It's a balancing act between maintaining that culture of freedom while still providing a place that people enjoy playing in.
              Yeah us oldfags who grew up with the dawn of the internet still appreciate the wild west mentality of certain websites. I only frequent places such as those these days. It is probably hard to find a middle ground between those of us who say what we want when juxtaposed with todays kids whose education is basically a standardized testing memorization center mixed with a HR department. I know my kids walk on thin ice at school and I have had plenty of these discussions with school staff. My wife has the same issues as a teacher where kids spit and throw chairs and are back in class within 30 minutes because they won't receive funding for a student missing days on suspension. I personally prefer my way of doing things over that.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

If we are being honest here, both Trump and Biden have severe mental deterioration going on. They've both lost it. Everyone talks about Biden having it, but anyone that remembers Trump from 2016 would know that he is completely gone now too. His dementia is as bad as Reagan's was in his second term. Trump won't last two terms as it stands. Biden likely won't either. They're too old and degraded. The real candidates for both parties right now are Pence and Harris. That's the truth of it.

Anyway, in 2016, Trump was essentially a pure populist. He called out the long-time politicians for corruption and doing nothing. He was full-on anti-establishment at that point, and he was honestly kind of funny at times with his one-liners. I knew a lot of people who were rooting for him at that time, not because of his stupid racist bullshit or the party he represented (both ridiculously dumb), but because he called out the lifelong politicians and actually made some sense (sometimes). Also, people like Bernie Sanders were screwed by the DNC, it was leaked by Assange, and he was the only other anti-establishment candidate besides Trump. That was an anti-establishment election year, so Trump was a lot of default choices, especially since the entire country almost unanimously hated Hillary Clinton, and most people thought it couldn't get that bad with Trump as a leader. It's not like presidents ever do much anyways.

Trump in 2020 is nothing like that whatsoever. He's as firmly establishment as they come, completely sheltered from the real world outside of his nightly Fox News propaganda, and he's deteriorated into a 3 year old toddler who does nothing but throw temper tantrums and talk about past presidents like Obama as if anyone gives a fuck about him or Hillary anymore. The man also has severe dementia or mental retardation or something going on, because he can't focus for even 3 seconds. He's still on the racism bullshit (not even making layups like the white supremacist question), can't shut the fuck up for any length of time, has no policies or plans whatsoever, and the entire republican party now essentially boils down to one and only one thing: owning the libs. People like Herman Cain and Karens who cry about masks literally die to own the libs. That's how stupid those people are. It's just pathetic at this point. Republicans stand for absolutely nothing these days. They can't even claim to be fiscally responsible, because the deficit has ballooned to all-time highs under Trump due to the bullshit tax cut nobody needed.

I honestly don't know how Biden ever got the nomination over literally anyone else either. South Carolina boomers who voted him and forced the Dems to go all-in on Biden (to stop Bernie Sanders of course) fucked the country over just as much as any uneducated idiot who votes Trump in 2020. Biden was never the right answer. Neither is Trump. Two senile, grumpy old men fighting over nothing. Neither knows a single fucking thing about how the country is doing outside of their rich friends and personal bubbles. Neither has a plan to do anything positive for average Americans. I seriously don't know why Biden is even running for president at this point, because the man doesn't even look like he wants it. Trump probably doesn't either, but his life is ruined as soon as he stops being president. He's more than likely got jail time ahead of him in the future, but I'm sure he knows that already.

The real losers here are all Americans, because the stupidity going on in the country is beyond belief right now, and none of it gets fixed under either of these two clowns. Trump will lose, because everyone is sick of his shit at this point, but 4 years of Biden will do no favors for anyone either. There really needs to be an age limit on presidents at this point. Nobody older than 70 should ever be allowed to run again.

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

So, wait, how racist was his initial post?

Also, to get back on topic, that debate was an embarrassment to the country. Both candidates were unpresidential but I tend to agree with Chris Wallace ("Frankly sir, you're doing more of the interrupting") that Trump did more damage to the nroms of presidential debates moving forward.

I will say, though, that "clown," "Putin's puppy," and "the worst president we've ever had" are insults I never expected to be lobbed at a sitting president, however true they are.

Aside from norms being shredded for debates to come by both sides, Trump's responses on white supremacists and whether he would concede the election if he lost were downright terrifying. "Stand back and stand by" and encouraging his supporters to basically stake out polling places coupled with the fact that he is clearly planting the seeds of refusing the accept the election results should he lost, I am genuinely concerned of what will happen on and after election day.

Trump is laying the groundwork for refusing to accept the results as he also lays the groundwork for a call to arms if he legitimately loses. I just hope that whatever the results it is a landslide in one direction. But if Trump loses, I genuinely expect the military to have to get involved.
                  Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                  Message has been sent to online moderators
                  2:BLeeN> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>no
                  2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                  2:BLeeN> ok then no
                  :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                    He's still on the racism bullshit (not even making layups like the white supremacist question), can't shut the fuck up for any length of time, has no policies or plans whatsoever, and the entire republican party now essentially boils down to one and only one thing: owning the libs.
                    It's doubly bad because the Republican Party this election decided to not even adopt a platform at the RNC. So they literally have no policy proposals or platform. By not adopting a platform they basically conceded that they are relying on Trump's cult of personality to carry them across the finish line. And, taking pains not to be alarmist or to overinflate the situation, the Republican Party for all intents and purposes has ceased to exist for the presidential vote. It's not Donald Trump (R), it's just Donald Trump. And I still struggle to understand how those who identify as conservatives but have not bought a MAGA hat could support the man.
                    (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

It's doubly bad because the Republican Party this election decided to not even adopt a platform at the RNC. So they literally have no policy proposals or platform. By not adopting a platform they basically conceded that they are relying on Trump's cult of personality to carry them across the finish line. And, taking pains not to be alarmist or to overinflate the situation, the Republican Party for all intents and purposes has ceased to exist for the presidential vote. It's not Donald Trump (R), it's just Donald Trump. And I still struggle to understand how those who identify as conservatives but have not bought a MAGA hat could support the man.
                      Pretty fair criticisms from both you and exalt, I will be voting Trump again for the simple reason of the possibility of another SCOTUS placement in the next 4 years. The office has definitely weighed heavily on President Trump but the supreme court will be his legacy that matters for the next 20+ years. And as was mentioned before Pence is far from my favorite guy, he gives off creepy vibes, however I would gladly have him next in line over Harris.

The other thing is the whole coronavirus government overreach is scary for multiple reasons and I am afraid for multiple reasons of the potential ramifications if the group of people using BLM and other groups to force a change in our governance to gain more power.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                        .Trump is laying the groundwork for refusing to accept the results as he also lays the groundwork for a call to arms if he legitimately loses. I just hope that whatever the results it is a landslide in one direction. But if Trump loses, I genuinely expect the military to have to get involved.
                        That is ridiculous, he is doing the same thing he did in 2016 and just refusing to admit the possibility of losing. The idea of the military fighting to depose a president for not stepping down after serving his two terms or losing an election is preposterous.

if he said anything else it would be hitpiece after hitpiece about him quitting or some other silly stuff. Same playbook as 2016, down to a t.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post

That is ridiculous, he is doing the same thing he did in 2016 and just refusing to admit the possibility of losing. The idea of the military fighting to depose a president for not stepping down after serving his two terms or losing an election is preposterous.

if he said anything else it would be hitpiece after hitpiece about him quitting or some other silly stuff. Same playbook as 2016, down to a t.
                          He's literally already called the election a "fraud" and "bogus" and it's not even election day.

He's pulling fuckery with the postal service and you and I both know it's not for budget reasons.

He told his own supporters to do a mail in ballot and then, to make sure it counts, go vote on election day. So he's basically asking for fraud to be committed, even if it's for his benefit. But by doing so, he can raise even more illegitimate questions about mail in voting.

I think this is part of a concerted campaign for him to call into question the election results regardless of if there is fraud. He said as much in the debate when he said he was counting on the new Supreme Court justice to decide the election for him.
                          (Overstrand)>no

Comment

It's just the fucking game we are playing unfortunately now that we have an uneducated voting population. Go to left or right website, x candidate has mail in voting person cheating etc. Theres massive election fraud happening on both sides of the aisle, you have mail carrier unions that deliver ballots publically supporting Biden. I sadly prefer the person telling me openly about it as opposed to the opposite.

Frankly it doesn't matter, the world is collapsing into another dark age of ignorance where scientific facts are thrown put the window in the name of racism or other isms. Our renaissance will either see the golden age of humanity with space exploration, mining, and colonization or us living under the thumb of a malignant technocracy that involves population control and no representation. I'd say the election, fun as it is to talk about is largely meaningless when you look at the next 25 years of humanity.

Even if we elected someone both sides loved the levers of power are elsewhere and evil has always been nothing if not patient to curtail the freedoms we were granted by whichever deity or inherent right you believe in.
                            Last edited by kthx; 10-02-2020, 12:00 AM.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

The groundwork is already set. Constant surveillance, social credit scores, a majority of wealth in a system that can easily cut off your ability to use said money controlled by banking institutions that artificially create fiat currency. I honestly wonder if all the shit happening isn't just bread and circus to keep people infighting while the noose tightens.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

The fetal-position nihilism because of the shitty options can't cover up the fact that there is a less shitty option. I agree humanity is at a crossroad, or we might of just ran the red light, but we can at least have the best available driver. I understand holding your nose and voting for a conservative court, but I guess the question is "At what cost?".

And from what I understand there is statistically an incredibly small amount of voter fraud. But I haven't read any empirical assessments in like a scientific journal, only media reports, so we'll agree to disagree on that one.
                                (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Working...
                                X