Bored with indie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored with indie

I've been listening to a lot of "cool" records that the nme has told me to listen to recently, bands such as The Strokes, The Stills, The Von Bondies (which is pretty fucking cool, cheers conc) and Razorlight. While they're all kinda good and worth a purchase, has anyone got any recommendations of anything heavier? NOT metal like megadeath or screamy shouty shite. Just something thats heavy with a tune, like QOTSA and the Foo's but obviously someone I haven't heard of yet. Extra coolness points awarded for bands no one else knows about

Edit: The word is Dust by The Screaming Trees is good
    Last edited by ZeUs!!; 07-31-2004, 02:46 PM. Reason: nme = New Musical Express
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

You might like p.h.u.q. (album name) by the Wildhearts

Comment

What about ' Rush '
      the price is right, bitch.

Comment

The prog rock band? If so, I doubt that's what he's looking for, however it's definitely worth a listen.

Comment

zeusyboy, get anything from the 2 My Chemical Romance cd's. It's not heavy metal, it's something different, i went to their concert a month ago and i had this ringing in my ear ever since :up: . i think you'll like it.

Comment

zeus i think you would like wham-wake me up before you go go

its a happy song about growing up and liking boys

WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO-GO
            DON'T LEAVE ME HANGIN ON LIKE A YO-YO
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

I might pass on that one, no offense

Comment

offense taken.

Talk Talk- It's My Life is a good song too, i like to bob my head and hit letters on the keyboard while listening to it cause ithas a good beat

flflflflfllflflflfllflflflflflflfllfffflllfflllflf lflflflflflllflflflflffffflflfflflfl

i think you might like it
                can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

ilyaz you are A+ material and we are talking on aim at the same time

Comment

I LessThanThree the strokes and the stills :up:
                    I'd recommand those bands too :
                    Robocop Kraus
                    The Shins for the songs go here
                    Les cowboys fringants It's a Québec band. Most of their songs are related to quebec history and politics. You might not like them because you won't understand anything from their songs if you're not from Québec You can check them out just to satisfy your curiosity . If you do, try the video "En berne" I didn't find any free legal mp3s on the net, but you can watch the videos on the website I mentioned. (vidéoclip)

hmm thought I'd come up with more bands than that... guess I'll post some later
                    BasingCrew[dot]com

Comment

Not read what the others said.

White Stripes?
                      G[y]Ro> omfg
                      G[y]Ro> u nerds
                      G[y]Ro> NERDS
                      G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

Got their cd's, Von Bondies rock more though!

Comment

Lustra "Scotty Doesn't Know"
                          1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                          1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                          1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                          1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

rofl im listening to that right now, proj wins the game of life
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Lately I've been dipping into the indie/emo genre and you're right, it's too light, it doesn't have that heaviness (not crushing one of doom or black metal) of blues rock, even if there are 2 guitars and bass and drums it still feels too REM like....it sucks, cuz I really want to like them, but..aarrghh..it's like listening to fucking Weezer or something similar.
                              Amplifier is such an example, they're like little spacey, and little heavy, but not too much and they kinda lack that riffing that I like. Still, might be worth of listening ?
                              Oceansize is a bit better, mainly because they have long spaced out songs, and tripple (!?) guitar attack, but it's trippy, and it doesn't have to be that heavy for me when it's that kind of music
                              Sunny day real estate these guys have that sound I can't stomach somehow, it's guitars, it's wailing but again, it's just too light. If you're into emo/indie that much, then you prolly have heard of this band already.
                              Dredg are like prog band with emo feel to it, and they should have some decent tunes (this might be completley off, because it's been long time since I've listened to them, but I remember kinda liking them)
                              Cooper Temple Clause prolly know them. They're fairly good out of the bunch of bands that've come out lately

Queens of the stone age will get you into new area, and I'll give you some rocking stoner bands if you're interested in that. The best one that got it all started and that featured bot Homme and Olivieri (from QotSA) is Kyuss and every their record is fucking killer, but for checking out, start with Sky Valley.
                              And I assume you know of the bands like:
                              Alice in chains
                              Soundgarden
                              Stone temple pilots
                              Ugly kid joe (Menace to sobriety record)
                              Mule
                              Killdozer
                              Tad
                              Rollins band
                              Melvins
                              Jane's Addiction
                              but Im guessing you'll prolly dig more bands like Finger 11, I mother Earth (Dig is great record), Our lady peace and such. There, now you got something, and if you like those, come for more...
                              Originally posted by Disliked
                              However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                              when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Working...
                              X