No announcement yet.

TW Mafia: Dodgeball aka Revenge of the Voth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beast She did say something. She did the reasonable town thing to do by voting for Voth who, I will repeat it again, IS LYING ABOUT MY ACTION. Like there is no planet where he is not scum. I did not perform a killing action last night and there is no bus driver. He is trying to wrap up the game, please don't let it happen.

sdrawkcab You mean facts and action like me being the first vote on LF day 2 and making several posts pointing the finger at him before Voth made up her role? Whatever scum boy. The death note literally says "2 cops."

You can lead a horse to water...
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
      Beast She did say something. She did the reasonable town thing to do by voting for Voth who, I will repeat it again, IS LYING ABOUT MY ACTION. Like there is no planet where he is not scum. I did not perform a killing action last night and there is no bus driver. He is trying to wrap up the game, please don't let it happen.

sdrawkcab You mean facts and action like me being the first vote on LF day 2 and making several posts pointing the finger at him before Voth made up her role? Whatever scum boy. The death note literally says "2 cops."

You can lead a horse to water...
      a scum voting for another scum on day open with 0 votes cast and 0 conversation is likely and not far fetched..

a scum completely bussing another scum with 10 people left in the game and only 2 votes on their pal within 2 hours of the phase opening? that would be 10000% unncessary and unheard of unless LF was like 'guys i cant play anymore just modkill me' and voth is like 'NO I'LL BUS YOU SO HARD UNNCESSARILY'

You keep pointing to garbage flavor text, it means nothing... he also said a puppy was at the locker, why aren't you trying to figure out who the puppy is?!?!?

Originally posted by Turban
      everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

• Vehicle

If you really want to convince me, what i need to see is an explanation for whats going on, not you pointing at a puppy in flavor text.... There are 2 roles left unclaimed, and 1 person who hasnt claimed, and i know I am VT....

Roles in game unclaimed:
        1. Roleblocker (assumed scum?)
        2. Doctor

Sailor moon is assumingly the doctor at this point? With you beast or voth being the role blocker?

Role blockers actions:
        1. Night 1 jessup claims blocked
        2. Night 2 Voth claims blocked
        3. Night 3 Vehicle claims blocked

If you believe these 3 things, then you would be believing BEAST is the mafia roleblocker

If you think VOTH is the mafia roleblocker, then someone else should be claiming they were blocked night 2 (unless the person blocked night 2 was killed night 3... no one else claimed blocked night 2 i think)

Comment

• I obviously don't believe Voth.

Let me say it for the 10th time: I DID NOT PERFORM A KILLING ACTION LAST NIGHT.

There is no bus driver. There is no way Voth could have been 'confused.' He is lying. He is scum.
          (Overstrand)>no

Comment

• Originally posted by sdrawkcab View Post
            • Voth
            • Beast
            • Vehicle
            • Exalt - Jock (Vengeful Survivor) - Killed N3
            • LF - Bully (Mafia Goon) - Lynched D2
            • Jessup - Computer Nerd (Mailman) - Killed Night 2
            • Sailor Jupiter
            • Panda Express - Nerd (VT) - Lynched D3
            • Halp - Science Nerd (Nurse) - lynched D1
            • Sdrawkcab
            • Kthx - Nerd (VT) - Killed Night 1
            • the_paul - Karate Kid Nerd (2-Shot PGO) - Killed N3
            voth: claimed follower
            beast: claimed cop, first
            vehicle: claimed cop, later
            sailor Jupiter: unclaimed????
            Sdrawkcab: claimed VT

wheres the doctor ? SM? How can people be getting roleblocked while killing actions are happening still? There's not enough people left for a doctor, a role blocker, and a mafia member killing at the same time

voth, beast, sailor moon, and vehicle you guys need to all four just post your night action targets and results and it should be pretty clear who the scum is, as something wierd is going on with this "my action failed" business
            I'm awake. Grabbing coffee now. I skimmed through the posts and I'm surprised the phase is still ongoing and that we are even in these discussions still, but I'll entertain everything the best I can. I now am confident that Backwards is the last townie with a firm grasp on how decisive his vote is this phase, because I haven't seen him dig like this in a while. But anyway, here's the answers I have for you:

Mafiascum.net wiki explicitly states that the existence of a nurse does not mean there is a doctor. I will post a direct quote from the Wiki:

Nurse is the flavor name for a Backup Doctor. Once a Doctor has died, the Nurse will become an ordinary Doctor. The Nurse may or may not be self-aware (if not, it will receive a Vanilla Townie Role PM).

This role makes no guarantee about the existence of a Doctor in the setup to begin with.If there is no Doctor, then this role is functionally a Named Townie at best. On the other hand, in a game with multiple Doctors, the Nurse will generally inherit the sanity or other quirks of the Doctor who died first.

---

Now that this is out of the way, here are my night actions and results:

Night 1: I followed LF. My action was successful. He performed a killing action. I brought it out to the public and got him lynched on DAY 2. I can't believe I'm reiterating it again, but the idea Vehicle is perpetuating that I decided this game from the start to lynch my own scum team member and ride the game out from Day 2 with only one other scum team member (allegedly maybe Beast or Backwards, he's still not sure at this point) is unbelievable.

Night 2: I attempted to follow Backwards. This action failed. I didn't get any other details other than "your night action failed." I assumed whoever roleblocked Jessup N1 was now targeting me because I literally just pushed a lynch for their scum teammate. The reason I targeted Backwards was that I was suspicious of him earlier in the game for his hammer vote on Halp D1 and how he was playing.

Night 3: I followed Vehicle. My action was successful. He performed a killing action. He's scum. 100%. Zero ways around it, and he isn't even half-assed claiming x-shot Vig or something stupid like that. I was surprised this action was successful, but it did make me think Beast was more than likely town when he said he was blocked this night after claiming cop out of nowhere for no good reason whatsoever. At the end of the day though, as long as this lynch of Vehicle goes through, it was shockingly a play decisive to town victory, because if he didn't claim, I would have surely been roleblocked N3 as well and wouldn't have the results I do now.
            7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
            Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10
            Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• If I were scum and fake-claiming cop, why the fuck would I post "I got blocked last night" instead of "I got a guilty result"?

And LOL sure. Willby put a Nurse in the game but no Doctor. That's way more likely than there being a naive cop.

Look at these arguments Beast. This is so obvious.
              (Overstrand)>no

Comment

a scum voting for another scum on day open with 0 votes cast and 0 conversation is likely and not far fetched..

a scum completely bussing another scum with 10 people left in the game and only 2 votes on their pal within 2 hours of the phase opening? that would be 10000% unncessary and unheard of unless LF was like 'guys i cant play anymore just modkill me' and voth is like 'NO I'LL BUS YOU SO HARD UNNCESSARILY'

You keep pointing to garbage flavor text, it means nothing... he also said a puppy was at the locker, why aren't you trying to figure out who the puppy is?!?!?
                I know this is out of order, but I fucking LOL'd at the last line here and had to address it immediately.

In fairness bud, Vehicle did use his big-brained powers of deduction to allege that Sailor Moon (who by the way, claimed Vanilla Town and nothing else and is basically absent from the public portion of the game), is the puppy in this flavor text because she is new to the game...and a puppy is new to the world? Is that really where we are at? So both the naive/insane Cop (Beast), the real legitimate cop (Vehicle), and the Vanilla Townie (Sailor Jupiter), who allegedly should have no night ability at all if VT as claimed, all visited Exalt last night. That's the story we are going with to overturn my fucking legitimate night action of following Vehicle and him performing a killing action, after I already led the lynch on LF D2 when there were 10 players remaining and he had two guess/conjecture votes with no concrete info behind them on him?

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Mafiascum says nurse guarantees doc tho, and that my assumptions that we must still have a doctor would be correct ...
                  Oops, I already posted this, but for good measure, direct from the Mafiascum wiki:

Nurse is the flavor name for a Backup Doctor. Once a Doctor has died, the Nurse will become an ordinary Doctor. The Nurse may or may not be self-aware (if not, it will receive a Vanilla Townie Role PM).

This role makes no guarantee about the existence of a Doctor in the setup to begin with. If there is no Doctor, then this role is functionally a Named Townie at best. On the other hand, in a game with multiple Doctors, the Nurse will generally inherit the sanity or other quirks of the Doctor who died first.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Look at that, Voth not only found the bold button but also how to change colors! Exciting stuff, huh Voth? The next step of desperation for being caught trying to pull a big-dick play will be maybe a table?
                    (Overstrand)>no

Comment

I don't know why I'm bothering to respond to Voth's scum-buddy backwards but, as I said in my original roleclaim, my actions:
                      N1: LF (guilty)
                      N2: Sailor Jupiter (innocent)
                      N3: Backwards (failed)

I got blocked last night. Obviously there is still a doctor, whether it's Beast and he fake-claimed or Sailor Jupiter, I don't know. Therefore, scum blocked me.

This is so tremendously obvious that I'm honestly getting annoyed the third townie doesn't see it. Let's say I were scum (which I'm not). If Sailor Jupiter is innocent, which both cops (assuming you believe one of them) say she is, that means that on a lynch or lose vote a member of the scum team voted for me with time left on the clock. All on the basis of Voth's fakeass roleclaim. For me to be scum, you also have to accept the idea that scum basically gave up trying to keep two alive.

Voth is lying. I know he is scum because I DID NOT PERFORM A KILLING ACTION LAST NIGHT, which he says I did. Any other time I'd say he was mistaken. Any other person and I'd say there's no way they'd sacrifice their own scum. But it's now and it's Voth. He's lying. He is scum.

This is your last chance to win the game for town. I am literally going to have to retire from TW Mafia if we don't lynch Voth today because he will never shut up about it. Do you really want to hear Voth gloat for the next 6 months about how big brained he is?
                      I will respond to this even though Vehicle is too scared to interact with me directly, which is a pretty classic case of "the more I essay back and forth with someone who knows what they are doing, the more likely I scum slip when I'm on the verge of winning the game."

So let me get this straight, Beast comes out of left-field with an unprovoked Cop claim, and you decided to wait until we are in this exact phase with a decisive vote in front of us to claim cop? Not when you posted this in direct response to him claiming cop?:

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

You're roleclaiming cop? With no real reason to? Who did you investigate N1? I'm a little torn by this...
                      Are you torn about it because you're the actual Cop or because he did not have a reason to roleclaim at all? Because what you say now and what you've said all game don't jive in many areas, including what Backwards pointed out about grabbing the pom-poms and cheering for me after finding scum LF and leading the lynch on him. If you were a legit town cop at that point in time, wouldn't you be a tad weary of the existence of a sane town cop and a town follower in the same game? I mean it's not unprecedented, but it's a little overpowered, no?

My guess is that Beast is an insane (more likely in my opinion) or naive (less likely in my opinion) cop who was made insane or naive for balance purposes to sort counteract my role. I tend to think insane because naive is useless and a huge blow to town, whereas insane can be harnessed and used to benefit town if done right, and we likely needed it with a 2-shot PGO and Vengeful survivor in the game.

---

You did perform a killing action last night. I'm not saying you killed Exalt or Paul or anything. I mean, I'm 99.9% sure you killed Exalt and he took Paul with him, but all I know is the type of action you performed. I'm saying you're full of shit, basically, which combined with the killing action means youre 99.9999999% scum.

I don't know why you clutch onto this idea that I killed LF as a member of my own scum team so tightly because of what happened games ago with Paul. Sure, I still bring it up when I bust his balls or joke with him because it was an insane move, but as I said earlier, the game circumstances were way different (it was NOT DAY 2), Paul himself even admits it was a complete accident that it happened at all (because it's fucking retarded), and I would never sacrifice my own scum teammate on D2 with 10 players remaining when they have no legitimate, concrete heat on them.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

I will respond to this even though Vehicle is too scared to interact with me directly, which is a pretty classic case of "the more I essay back and forth with someone who knows what they are doing, the more likely I scum slip when I'm on the verge of winning the game."

So let me get this straight, Beast comes out of left-field with an unprovoked Cop claim, and you decided to wait until we are in this exact phase with a decisive vote in front of us to claim cop? Not when you posted this in direct response to him claiming cop?:

Are you torn about it because you're the actual Cop or because he did not have a reason to roleclaim at all? Because what you say now and what you've said all game don't jive in many areas, including what Backwards pointed out about grabbing the pom-poms and cheering for me after finding scum LF and leading the lynch on him. If you were a legit town cop at that point in time, wouldn't you be a tad weary of the existence of a sane town cop and a town follower in the same game? I mean it's not unprecedented, but it's a little overpowered, no?

My guess is that Beast is an insane (more likely in my opinion) or naive (less likely in my opinion) cop who was made insane or naive for balance purposes to sort counteract my role. I tend to think insane because naive is useless and a huge blow to town, whereas insane can be harnessed and used to benefit town if done right, and we likely needed it with a 2-shot PGO and Vengeful survivor in the game.

---

You did perform a killing action last night. I'm not saying you killed Exalt or Paul or anything. I mean, I'm 99.9% sure you killed Exalt and he took Paul with him, but all I know is the type of action you performed. I'm saying you're full of shit, basically, which combined with the killing action means youre 99.9999999% scum.

I don't know why you clutch onto this idea that I killed LF as a member of my own scum team so tightly because of what happened games ago with Paul. Sure, I still bring it up when I bust his balls or joke with him because it was an insane move, but as I said earlier, the game circumstances were way different (it was NOT DAY 2), Paul himself even admits it was a complete accident that it happened at all (because it's fucking retarded), and I would never sacrifice my own scum teammate on D2 with 10 players remaining when they have no legitimate, concrete heat on them.
                        how did beast get blocked last night

Comment

Look at that, Voth not only found the bold button but also how to change colors! Exciting stuff, huh Voth? The next step of desperation for being caught trying to pull a big-dick play will be maybe a table?
                          This guy man. You are coming at me for using bold and changing text colors while in the same breath flailing around like a crazy person alleging that two town cops with different sanities and a vanilla townie (see what I did there?) all visited Exalt last night based on the flavor text of the kill write-up.

Still can't even decide if Beast or Backwards is my scum teammate either.

I hate to do this to you, but it's required at this point:

u ok

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

This guy man. You are coming at me for using bold and changing text colors while in the same breath flailing around like a crazy person alleging that two town cops with different sanities and a vanilla townie (see what I did there?) all visited Exalt last night based on the flavor text of the kill write-up.

Still can't even decide if Beast or Backwards is my scum teammate either.

I hate to do this to you, but it's required at this point:

u ok
                            so what happened last night voth? spell out your version for me...

Beast tried to investigate, got role blocked
                            Voth followed vehicle, saw killing
                            sailor moon ???
                            sdrawkcab ????
                            vehicle killed exalt, exalt took out T_P ???

either sailor moon or sdrawkcab role blocked beast???

Comment

how did beast get blocked last night
                              My guess is that whoever blocked me N2 decided to block him instead N3 because he claimed randomly in between those two phases. Whether they thought the Cop was a better block candidate or they thought I would likely get nightkilled, not sure why.

Basically, I'm 99.9% sure Vehicle and Sailor are the two remaining scum. One of them is clearly a roleblocker and one is probably a Godfather.

Beast is maybe either insane or naive as I alluded to a few posts back, but there's also a chance he's fully sane regular town cop.

If Sailor is the GF, she would investigate innocent.

The question with this is if Exalt would investigate innocent or guilty as a Vengeful Survivor. It's a weird gray area that I've never grappled with as a host or player. The Survivor role in and of itself is totally self-serving, just wanting to survive until they can win with one faction or the other. I don't know if a sane cop investigation on a Survivor comes back innocent or guilty, honestly, because they can play either side of the ball or both sides of the ball depending on how the game goes.

Either way, Beast is truthful about his role because Vehicle is lying, and his sanity no longer really matters... we could spitball about that for hours.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

My guess is that whoever blocked me N2 decided to block him instead N3 because he claimed randomly in between those two phases. Whether they thought the Cop was a better block candidate or they thought I would likely get nightkilled, not sure why.

Basically, I'm 99.9% sure Vehicle and Sailor are the two remaining scum. One of them is clearly a roleblocker and one is probably a Godfather.

Beast is maybe either insane or naive as I alluded to a few posts back, but there's also a chance he's fully sane regular town cop.

If Sailor is the GF, she would investigate innocent.

The question with this is if Exalt would investigate innocent or guilty as a Vengeful Survivor. It's a weird gray area that I've never grappled with as a host or player. The Survivor role in and of itself is totally self-serving, just wanting to survive until they can win with one faction or the other. I don't know if a sane cop investigation on a Survivor comes back innocent or guilty, honestly, because they can play either side of the ball or both sides of the ball depending on how the game goes.

Either way, Beast is truthful about his role because Vehicle is lying, and his sanity no longer really matters... we could spitball about that for hours.
                                if sailor moon is GF and vehicle is RB you wouldn't have seen killing on vehicle last night, since beast was blocked... you would've seen roleblocking

Comment

Working...
                                X