TW Mafia: Dodgeball aka Revenge of the Voth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn this is still going.

Backwards: I roleclaimed on like day 1 because I'm new and votes were piling on me. I'm a plain nerd/vanilla townie/puppy according to Vehicle.

Either Voth or Vehicle is obviously mafia and I don't trust either of them, but I'm leaning towards believing Vehicle's story. It would make sense that Beast is a naive cop and I don't think he's scum. This leaves backwards who has been barely paying attention (thought Panda and I were the same person, missed my roleclaim and the countless mentions of it). So it's either Voth and Backwards or Vehicle and Backwards.

Beast seems to be an experienced player, so I'm surprised he's not being more helpful since I can't trust anyone else at the moment. Beast if you're town pls help. Why do you believe Voth? What am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by sailor jupiter View Post
      Damn this is still going.

Backwards: I roleclaimed on like day 1 because I'm new and votes were piling on me. I'm a plain nerd/vanilla townie/puppy according to Vehicle.

Either Voth or Vehicle is obviously mafia and I don't trust either of them, but I'm leaning towards believing Vehicle's story. It would make sense that Beast is a naive cop and I don't think he's scum. This leaves backwards who has been barely paying attention (thought Panda and I were the same person, missed my roleclaim and the countless mentions of it). So it's either Voth and Backwards or Vehicle and Backwards.

Beast seems to be an experienced player, so I'm surprised he's not being more helpful since I can't trust anyone else at the moment. Beast if you're town pls help. Why do you believe Voth? What am I missing?
      You lean towards believing the guy who did not lead a lynch on the only scum player to be killed so far this game? If you were wondering who DID lead a lynch on the only mafia player killed this game, that was me. And your boy Vehicle was pretty thrilled and ready to sing my praises for it back then.

Why are you tugging at Beast painting him as experienced and someone you can trust? I get the idea that either me or Vehicle is scum for sure, that much is 100% obvious. But if you're on the outside and don't know what's going on beyond that, why can you trust Beast but not Backwards?

Anyway, the last paragraph I typed doesn't matter because it's fairly clear that Backwards is the last townie and you're Vehicle's scum buddy and this was a piss poor attempt to act semi-clueless and inject more confusion into a phase that should be straight forward.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• sdrawkcab I know you're hoping Vehicle chimes in with something that resembles sensical, but if Willby's last update comes to fruition, phase change is likely pretty soon. Going to have to decide where you land on this and I hope it's where you are right now vote-wise so we can wrap this up with a win.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Damn this is still going.

Right now i'm not sure who to trust.
          2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

• or believe....
            2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

• Ok I went back to read more. Both Beast and Vehicle claim that their actions failed. But there's most likely only 1 roleblocker and if they're both town there's no way they were both roleblocked. If Vehicle wasn't roleblocked, what are other possible explanations of his action "failing"?

Comment

Ok I went back to read more. Both Beast and Vehicle claim that their actions failed. But there's most likely only 1 roleblocker and if they're both town there's no way they were both roleblocked. If Vehicle wasn't roleblocked, what are other possible explanations of his action "failing"?
                Maybe you could shed light on Vehicle's idea that you, Beast, and himself all visited Exalt last night based on the flavor kill text? You have reiterated you're only Vanilla Town, so how is it that you're the "puppy" in the kill text and that both Vehicle and Beast are the cops? Any ideas?

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• "I don't know who to believe" they says with their vote still on me about to win the game for scum.

What host would put in a death note that "2 cops" stood next to a body if it weren't important to the game mechanics?

The ONLY alternative is that Willby knew Beast's roleclaim was a lie.

Whatever, either way we find out today. Either the third townie (Beast or Backwards) switches to Voth or scum win. At this point I'm fine with either since at least I can say Voth didn't outsmart me.
                  Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                  Message has been sent to online moderators
                  2:BLeeN> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>no
                  2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                  2:BLeeN> ok then no
                  :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
                    You lean towards believing the guy who did not lead a lynch on the only scum player to be killed so far this game? If you were wondering who DID lead a lynch on the only mafia player killed this game, that was me. And your boy Vehicle was pretty thrilled and ready to sing my praises for it back then.
                    His argument is that you threw LF under the bus strategically which would make sense. Case in point, you're using it as a way to make yourself appear innocent right now. Of course Vehicle would "sing your praises" for that action and then change his mind. The nature of this game is changing your mind as more evidence (or suspicious shit) is gathered.

Why are you tugging at Beast painting him as experienced and someone you can trust? I get the idea that either me or Vehicle is scum for sure, that much is 100% obvious. But if you're on the outside and don't know what's going on beyond that, why can you trust Beast but not Backwards?
                    Voting patterns.

Comment

Maybe you could shed light on Vehicle's idea that you, Beast, and himself all visited Exalt last night based on the flavor kill text? You have reiterated you're only Vanilla Town, so how is it that you're the "puppy" in the kill text and that both Vehicle and Beast are the cops? Any ideas?
                      Unless I missed something, he was only claiming that the flavor text revealed there's 2 cops, not that we all visited him.

Comment

sdrawkcab I know you're hoping Vehicle chimes in with something that resembles sensical, but if Willby's last update comes to fruition, phase change is likely pretty soon. Going to have to decide where you land on this and I hope it's where you are right now vote-wise so we can wrap this up with a win.
                        Seeing as we've had about 3 pages in as many hours, I'm giving this a bit longer. I am glad to see all remaining players participating.
                        Let's let it mellow for, say, 1.5 more hours. 2:30 pm CST sharp.

Comment

His argument is that you threw LF under the bus strategically which would make sense. Case in point, you're using it as a way to make yourself appear innocent right now. Of course Vehicle would "sing your praises" for that action and then change his mind. The nature of this game is changing your mind as more evidence (or suspicious shit) is gathered.

Voting patterns.
                          So in your opinion, it's more likely that I, as a scum team member, decided on D2 with 10 players remaining in the game and a team of three, "threw LF under the bus strategically" to make myself appear innocent? When now after that fact I have literally one teammate left in a game of nine people? I don't know you and you don't know me, but if you think my strategical IQ is that killing one of my two scum teammates singlehandedly on Day 2 for no reason is a great idea, I'll take that as a direct insult.

All of this is of course in jest, because you're scum just like Vehicle.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Unless I missed something, he was only claiming that the flavor text revealed there's 2 cops, not that we all visited him.
                            So one of the two town cops of varying sanities (unless Beast is scum, right Vehicle? Because you still can't decide) visited him, and you, "the puppy" and the other cop were also in the kill text but did not visit him? That sounds plausible and makes a ton of sense! Why didn't I think of that? Man, I need to brush up on my juicy flavorful narrative stuff. Been too long.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Also if there's 2 cops, I'm not the doctor. I'm vanilla. This doesn't add up.

Beast: naive cop
                              Vehicle: real cop
                              Voth: mafia
                              Sailor Moon: vanilla townie
                              Backwards: mafia

= no doctor

Beast: real cop
                              Vehicle: mafia
                              Voth: follower

= no doctor

​​​​​​​Beast: mafia
                              ​​​​​​​Backwards: ?

= backwards claimed vanilla but could be the doctor I guess?

Comment

Also if there's 2 cops, I'm not the doctor. I'm vanilla. This doesn't add up.

Beast: naive cop

= no doctor

Beast: real cop
                                Vehicle: mafia
                                Voth: follower

= no doctor

Beast: mafia
                                ​​​​​​​Backwards: ?

= backwards claimed vanilla but could be the doctor I guess?
                                I hate to post this for the third time in the last 6 hours and de-rail further confusion from entering the thread, but, directly from the mafia scum wiki:

Nurse is the flavor name for a Backup Doctor. Once a Doctor has died, the Nurse will become an ordinary Doctor. The Nurse may or may not be self-aware (if not, it will receive a Vanilla Townie Role PM).

This role makes no guarantee about the existence of a Doctor in the setup to begin with. If there is no Doctor, then this role is functionally a Named Townie at best. On the other hand, in a game with multiple Doctors, the Nurse will generally inherit the sanity or other quirks of the Doctor who died first.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X