X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by Voth View Post
    Something tells me I'm dead N1 next game.

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    ^This is what you created backwards^

Leave a comment:

• Voth
    replied
    Something tells me I'm dead N1 next game.

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    Originally posted by WillBy View Post
    A couple shoutouts and points of interest:
    The penultimate flavor text seemed to get some interest, so let me lay it out clearer. Before I get started though, you should be very careful about treating these as hints.
    So there were 2 cops planting weed at Exalts locker. Neither cop was Vehicle (the Hall Monitor), they were actually Voth and Beast (the follower and fake-cop). The puppy thing was a joke to myself, as whenever I see a police K-9 unit I cant help but think "Puppies!!" because you are very much not supposed to think of police dogs as normal dogs. It seems in the end I was honestly just more confusing than helpful, something I do not apologize for.
    Honestly this was the main reason I figured out what was happening. So even though you didn't intend it, it worked as a hint. It was dumb of me to compare sailor jupiter to a puppy but it was otherwise helpful.

Thanks again for hosting! And really congrats to Beast and Voth, you both played very well.

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    Good game. You played well Voth. If you hadn't claimed I did a killing action I would of been between backwards and Beast until the end. It wasn't until Willby's death note (thank you for giving town a chance), that it was super obvious what was happening (I thought). So you do get a lot of credit and you did play very well, good game.

Good game Beast, you get lots of credit too since it might have been different if you hadn't fakeclaimed.

I don't think there is anything I could have done to get sdrawkcab to switch. He was apparently hung up on the fact that I didn't counter-claim Beast going into a night phase with 7 votes already on Panda Express.

@sailor jupiter, for your first game you did really well. Just participate more next time. Sorry I compared you to a puppy.

WillBy Sorry if I said you didn't randomize. This draw was just incredibly fitting. A three-man mafia of LF/Voth/Beast is strong enough for a 12-man game. Exalt having a vengeful modifier. Jessup sending messages. Paul having kill-on-hit. Panda and Halp being VT. It just worked out very well. Also I'm an idiot for not catching Beast's innocent result on exalt. Thank you for hosting as always I appreciate it immensely!

sdrawkcab Really bro? Voth is right, I didn't explain it well, but holy hell are you thick. I'm sorry but I will be permanently insta-voting you every D1 from now on.

Edit: I edited my post to be less bitter now that I'm no longer frustrated. Good game all and thank you for hosting Willby.
    Last edited by Vehicle; 01-27-2021, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sailor jupiter
    replied
    Something tells me LF is going to host the next game.

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied
    A couple shoutouts and points of interest:

Voth with the CRAZY gambit sacrificing LF obviously was the MVP move this game. After early day 2, he was running the show
    Vehicle is the runner up, as he realized just to late what was happening, and couldnt convince his fellow townies in time
    Beast nearly threw it away with a mistimed cop claim, but in the end it did help to discredit Vehicles claim. Unfortunately, none of the townies picked up in his fake results- Innocent on Exalt?
    Exalt was the perfect player for survivor, as he was likely the only one who would play it so townie-like. Unfortunately, his vengeful modifier took out the_paul in a huge swing moment for the mafia team.
    I was very impressed with Sailor Jupiters play throughout the game, but in particular in the final phase. Not sure if it was a gut feeling or you had something more solid, but you were correct with your vote
    Sdrawkcab had amazing analysis in the final phase. Perhaps if there had been more time, or the other townies would've bit, a deeper exploration into the scum teams fake story would've revealed the truth. Also, this guy had great night actions

Some notes on balance:
    First, I always randomize. Anyone who claims I dont is just wrong. I will freely admit that I will reshuffle if I dont like the lines, but there is always a random element to it and everyone has equal opportunity to get any role. I just wont make the scum team consist of 3 new players, or leave town dependent on some of our less active players.
    Halps role, Nurse, does traditionally follow a doctors death. However, in the interest of balance and creating a dynamic game, I chose to have his role actually follow the cop, Vehicle. This obviously never happened, as Halp was the first to die, and Vehicle the last. I tried to get in front of the questions by adding a description to the role Nurse (I usually just let you google it yourselves). However, it seems i was a little too ambiguous when i said "it activates upon the death of another role" or something like that.
    The double vengeful roles (Exalt's and Paul's) were sort of my starting point for this game. I wanted to funnel play into a certain groove- Survivor should be a policy lynch, but if its vengeful? This also made the survivor a bit more involved, as they would be affecting things long after losing the game. The PGO provided a stumbling block for town and scum alike- neither could stand to fight him, so the town cop got a backup (the nurse) and the mafia was given a roleblocker to be able to subdue the PGO in end-game scenarios.

The penultimate flavor text seemed to get some interest, so let me lay it out clearer. Before I get started though, you should be very careful about treating these as hints.
    So there were 2 cops planting weed at Exalts locker. Neither cop was Vehicle (the Hall Monitor), they were actually Voth and Beast (the follower and fake-cop). The puppy thing was a joke to myself, as whenever I see a police K-9 unit I cant help but think "Puppies!!" because you are very much not supposed to think of police dogs as normal dogs. It seems in the end I was honestly just more confusing than helpful, something I do not apologize for.

I will add more if people have specific questions

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    Originally posted by sailor jupiter View Post
    I agree that Vehicle made it hard to trust him but to be fair he did see through your revenge plan. Backwards just wasn't paying attention throughout the whole game and he made that pretty obvious.

Nice playing with you despite the cringy ending. Next time I'll know what to expect from everyone a bit more.
    I'm glad you stuck it out Sailor, and I hope you continue playing in the future. Especially now since @LF is probably never going to come back...

Leave a comment:

• sailor jupiter
    replied
    I agree that Vehicle made it hard to trust him but to be fair he did see through your revenge plan. Backwards just wasn't paying attention throughout the whole game and he made that pretty obvious.

Nice playing with you despite the cringy ending. Next time I'll know what to expect from everyone a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Had I known Voth would gloat like this, I'd have merked him instead. I considered it just to fuck with him, but then figured Paul kinda fucked me with his PGO claim (even though it was real), so I had to go highlander on him.

Leave a comment:

• Voth
    replied
    Originally posted by the_paul View Post
    Man my reads were way off, I would not have been much use in this final day phase. Thanks to Exalt for mercy killing me. I was fixated on the theory of LF/Vehicle being on the same side since I brought it up, and I seriously believed I was right about it all throughout this phase. Vehicle, you played really well. Obviously Voth did too and dragged his team to the finish line, but you did everything you could. Sucks about the activity issues of people like Panda Express that derailed an entire phase, but I stand by that.

Voth well done you sick bastard. Did you and LF discuss this beforehand, or did you just bend him over without asking? You are absolutely on a redemption tour, and you singlehandedly won this game for your team. Lynching your own teammate early on is probably the douchiest thing you could possibly do, but it does have a 100% win rate on these forums.

WillBy thanks for the host, as usual, you devious fuck.
    LF will attest that he was bent over prison-style. I saw the two votes on him and thought he was toast and decided to pull a Paul... but intentionally.

God I love this game.

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    Voth does this mean that we're even and can resume our bromance? We've both hurt each other, but we're better together..

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    Man my reads were way off, I would not have been much use in this final day phase. Thanks to Exalt for mercy killing me. I was fixated on the theory of LF/Vehicle being on the same side since I brought it up, and I seriously believed I was right about it all throughout this phase. Vehicle, you played really well. Obviously Voth did too and dragged his team to the finish line, but you did everything you could. Sucks about the activity issues of people like Panda Express that derailed an entire phase, but I stand by that.

Voth well done you sick bastard. Did you and LF discuss this beforehand, or did you just bend him over without asking? You are absolutely on a redemption tour, and you singlehandedly won this game for your team. Lynching your own teammate early on is probably the douchiest thing you could possibly do, but it does have a 100% win rate on these forums.

WillBy thanks for the host, as usual, you devious fuck.

Leave a comment:

• Voth
    replied
    Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
    ^ This is what you've created backwards. ^
    I know you're frustrated, but I'm legitimately impressed with you reading that before I made my mode and fake claimed you killed Exalt. I just think that if you played tighter from there on our, Backwards would have backed you. You were all over the place and frankly, somewhat ridiculous with some of your accusations. You made it easy to belittle you. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    ^ This is what you've created backwards. ^

Leave a comment:

Working...
X