TW Mafia: Dodgeball aka Revenge of the Voth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
    Whatever, what else are we supposed to do? You put votes on people to force activity, and if they never become active, it's not like we can just remove them. Anyway, time to claim for me I think just to play it safe.

Town friends, I am the Karate Kid nerd, which makes me a 2 shot town PGO. I have to put this out there with Beast claiming cop and Voth being the follower or tracker or whatever. I haven't used my ability yet, and I may or may not tonight. I will kill whoever targets me with any action, which is why I've been hinting that my role could be unintentionally devastating to town. That's also why I tried to find out who Voth targeted last night, because if he had already followed me I'd have another day of ambiguity. Unfortunately he was blocked, so here we are.

Voth and Beast, please read this post before you submit your night action
    I think I may have to CC this, to a certain extent. I don't know if it's even a real CC, but it's similar enough that I have some doubts. Also, there aren't that many unknowns left besides Backwards and maybe Vehicle? Someone is lying.

I am not a PGO, however I have a vengeful modifier. I kill anyone who attacks me at night.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Voth What are the odds that there are two townies who kill scum who NK them, one a PGO and other vengeful? How could that even be balanced? I think Paul might be lying here.
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
        Voth What are the odds that there are two townies who kill scum who NK them, one a PGO and other vengeful? How could that even be balanced? I think Paul might be lying here.
        You really think I'd cold claim for no reason something that could easily be countered? Mine is a 2 shot ability where I elect to activate it or I elect to abstain. I've also made several Karate Kid references already, and tried to hint at my role by overusing "paranoid". I've been laying the groundwork for this claim for several days. It might be similar, although yours doesn't sound like an active ability, but it's the truth. Please don't specify whether yours is active or not, I really don't want to know. Also yours is a counter kill to anyone who tries to kill you, as you know mine is a kill to the first person to target me at all. This is a pretty big difference. This is why I've been on the fence about claiming and why I've talked about "rolling the dice". I've abstained both nights just in case someone wanted to investigate me. I may abstain tonight, I may not, but I wanted it out there for town power roles to weigh in their choices.
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

I think I may have to CC this, to a certain extent. I don't know if it's even a real CC, but it's similar enough that I have some doubts. Also, there aren't that many unknowns left besides Backwards and maybe Vehicle? Someone is lying.

I am not a PGO, however I have a vengeful modifier. I kill anyone who attacks me at night.
          I understand you had to voice your concerns and throw the theory out there, I would have done the same if we traded spots. We can sort this out if we both survive this night phase, but if you look back at some of my posts, in particular my first post after Voth posted his findings on LF, and the post where I mention you and Voth specifically as probably having figured my role out already, I think you'll be able to feel better about other targets ahead of me. Just putting that out there to any and all townies who want to get ahead on the 3rd straight day wagon that will inevitably try to get rolling against me tomorrow. It will have more urgency now that the scum team knows I might be much more difficult to kill at night. Food for thought

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

I understand you had to voice your concerns and throw the theory out there, I would have done the same if we traded spots. We can sort this out if we both survive this night phase, but if you look back at some of my posts, in particular my first post after Voth posted his findings on LF, and the post where I mention you and Voth specifically as probably having figured my role out already, I think you'll be able to feel better about other targets ahead of me. Just putting that out there to any and all townies who want to get ahead on the 3rd straight day wagon that will inevitably try to get rolling against me tomorrow. It will have more urgency now that the scum team knows I might be much more difficult to kill at night. Food for thought
            I have no idea honestly what to think right now. All I know is that someone is lying between you, Beast, Sailor, and Voth. Backwards and Vehicle can't both be scum if there is a doctor, and there has to be a doctor if there was a nurse. One is almost certainly scum between them, but not both, unless either Sailor is scum (Godfather) or he/she lied about being VT and is actually the Doctor.

With only one scum dead, there are at least two more right now, possibly 3. I know I'm not scum, but that doesn't necessarily mean Beast didn't lie about his cop claim to 'clear' me and Sailor. Voth I think is as truthworthy as it gets, because not only did he essentially get LF lynched, but he claimed to be RBed as well. The only way he could be scum would be if the scum team both RBed AND killed Jessup on the same night, thinking she was the doctor protecting herself. That would clear Voth for claiming he was blocked, but it's kind of far-fetched to even go down that rabbit hole. I could see him doing it, but it's a longshot. Vehicle and Backwards have not claimed, but if Sailor is actually town, then one of them is the doctor. The other is likely scum.

That leaves me and you (Paul) left. I'm not the doctor, so I'll get that out of the way right now. IF Beast is telling the truth, then that narrows the list down between 1 of Backwards/Vehicle and possibly Sailor if the Godfather doesn't flip with whoever is scum between them. I suppose you could also assume I'm a possible Godfather as well for the time being, but since I know I'm town already, I am using my own knowledge here to whittle the candidates down. Obviously, Backwards or Vehicle have to be next, and IF Sailor is the actual Doctor, now is the time to claim. That would mean both Backwards and Vehicle are likely scum.

RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I have no idea honestly what to think right now. All I know is that someone is lying between you, Beast, Sailor, and Voth. Backwards and Vehicle can't both be scum if there is a doctor, and there has to be a doctor if there was a nurse. One is almost certainly scum between them, but not both, unless either Sailor is scum (Godfather) or he/she lied about being VT and is actually the Doctor.

With only one scum dead, there are at least two more right now, possibly 3. I know I'm not scum, but that doesn't necessarily mean Beast didn't lie about his cop claim to 'clear' me and Sailor. Voth I think is as truthworthy as it gets, because not only did he essentially get LF lynched, but he claimed to be RBed as well. The only way he could be scum would be if the scum team both RBed AND killed Jessup on the same night, thinking she was the doctor protecting herself. That would clear Voth for claiming he was blocked, but it's kind of far-fetched to even go down that rabbit hole. I could see him doing it, but it's a longshot. Vehicle and Backwards have not claimed, but if Sailor is actually town, then one of them is the doctor. The other is likely scum.

That leaves me and you (Paul) left. I'm not the doctor, so I'll get that out of the way right now. IF Beast is telling the truth, then that narrows the list down between 1 of Backwards/Vehicle and possibly Sailor if the Godfather doesn't flip with whoever is scum between them. I suppose you could also assume I'm a possible Godfather as well for the time being, but since I know I'm town already, I am using my own knowledge here to whittle the candidates down. Obviously, Backwards or Vehicle have to be next, and IF Sailor is the actual Doctor, now is the time to claim. That would mean both Backwards and Vehicle are likely scum.
              But overall, I don't find it likely that both Paul and I have Vengeful/PGO modifiers, because I can't think of a decent way of balancing that. I guess it's possible, but I don't know what roles scum would have to have to make that okay. That leads me to think Paul may be lying here, since he didn't really claim until after Beast and Voth pretty much said they never visited Paul. His bases are already covered there, and now it stops him from being checked out. The only way it doesn't work is if the Doctor comes out and says they protected Paul one of the past nights, which would mean Paul lied. Otherwise... idk.
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Maybe you can tell us what kind of nerd you are the_paul and Exalt. I do feel like one of you is lying here.

I also wonder how much it serves us to be having this conversation right now.
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

But overall, I don't find it likely that both Paul and I have Vengeful/PGO modifiers, because I can't think of a decent way of balancing that. I guess it's possible, but I don't know what roles scum would have to have to make that okay. That leads me to think Paul may be lying here, since he didn't really claim until after Beast and Voth pretty much said they never visited Paul. His bases are already covered there, and now it stops him from being checked out. The only way it doesn't work is if the Doctor comes out and says they protected Paul one of the past nights, which would mean Paul lied. Otherwise... idk.
                  How would it mean I lied? I said I abstained the first 2 nights, so nobody would have died visiting me. I've been asking Voth in the thread who he targeted because I believe his role. I don't really believe Beast, but I also can't come up with a reason as to why he would cold claim a cop out of nowhere if he's scum. I imagine my role was meant to be chaotic with so many (alleged) town power roles. I could have easily activated it night 1 and killed a town cop or town doctor and thrown the entire game for a loop, both by inadvertently killing a town power role and by the difference in numbers of kills on the following nights.

Comment

• Light Bulb Idea: One of you might be lying through omission. As in, that is part of your role modifier but you are also scum.
                    (Overstrand)>no

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                      Maybe you can tell us what kind of nerd you are the_paul and Exalt. I do feel like one of you is lying here.

I said it in my original claiming post, but I'll say it again here: Karate Kid here. Hence my 2 or 3 not so subtle karate kid references, as well as the fact that I deliberately said something along the lines of "I'm always paranoid, maybe I'm especially so this game" to you Veh. Maybe I can find the post, when I'm not on mobile

Comment

I said it in my original claiming post, but I'll say it again here: Karate Kid nerd here. Hence my 2 or 3 not so subtle karate kid references, as well as the fact that I deliberately said something along the lines of "I'm always paranoid, maybe I'm especially so this game" to you Veh. Maybe I can find the post, when I'm not on mobile
                        Bolded an omitted word. Mobile is for the birds. I just turned on my desktop so I'm going to try to quote a couple of the hints I've dropped for just this scenario

Comment

Makes sense, although I'm still confused as to how I'm suddenly on everybody's scum lists. A wagon formed on me out of thin air, and it took a count misstep to prevent my lynch. People are acting like my name was mentioned once and people came out of the woodwork to defend me. In reality, I should be dead if things had gone according to the timeline. Crazy how fast this all progressed. This school sucks, man.
                          Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                          Damn Voth with the bombshell. Ok let's learn something here. Finish him!

Vote LF

Also, to be more clear, I'm not giving Backwards a pass for his voting patterns up to and including Halp. I'm just saying it's hard for me to sort out what goes on with those 2, that's all.
                          Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                          Fair enough Veh, this turned into a sideshow that I never intended. I just threw it out as food for thought for people to keep in mind as the game progresses. Maybe it becomes relevant later on, maybe it doesn't, but I wouldn't be able to throw it out there if I was dead. Maybe I'm just even more paranoid this game than usual, but that's all it ever was.

I figured I should address this instead of skating past it. I did say that, and I did roll the dice last night. I don't have some awesome game breaking role that I'm waiting to unleash, but it could end up being crucial based on what others do. I want to save it in case we get a bullshit claim from one of the less experienced lurkers that I need to CC, so I'm not going to say specifically. But there is a reason I've always intended on full claiming because it could be to town's detriment if I don't, and there's also a reason why I seem intent on knowing who Voth targeted. Honestly between these things and the hints I've dropped, it wouldn't surprise me if someone like Exalt or Voth has already guessed at my role.
                          Here's the ones I could find. I did have to google the "This school sucks, man" one, so maybe that was a deep pull. I haven't seen karate kid since I was a kid in my defense.

Comment

Maybe you can tell us what kind of nerd you are the_paul and Exalt. I do feel like one of you is lying here.

Maybe YOU can tell us what kind of nerd you are, including your role? You or Backwards or next up on the block.
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Maybe YOU can tell us what kind of nerd you are, including your role? You or Backwards or next up on the block.
                              Ya maybe we should wait until tomorrow to have this convo. If scum kill me tonight it will fuck up their game pretty badly I think.

Unless you really want me to claim during a night phase?
                              (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Ya maybe we should wait until tomorrow to have this convo. If scum kill me tonight it will fuck up their game pretty badly I think.

Unless you really want me to claim during a night phase?
                                Good point.
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X