TW Mafia: Dodgeball aka Revenge of the Voth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

It's one of those things that is so common I don't even pay attention to it anymore. I think there was a game recently where you would get told if you were roleblocked, but I could be wrong. Thanks for the answer
    Hey, there's a chance. Every host is different and every game is different. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately because there is a reason we play this game at all), at the end of the day, the host makes the call every game is unique. Part of the guessing game that makes this game so fun.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
      Fuck it, I don't even care. I wanted to dick around with being stealthy, but this phase is likely quite consequential for the end result of this game with two townies down and no leads being thrown out by anyone. Feels like D1 bullshit all over again, so here it is.

I'm the town Follower. I targeted LF last night and all I know is that he performed a killing action. I can't see who he targeted, just the action that he performed. I don't get to see if it was successful either, just what type of action he tried to carry out.

So it's time for answers LF. I lean heavily towards you being the scumbag who carried out last night's kill on Kthx. There's a few other options, but I'll let you fill in the blanks. Until then...

vote LF

Vote: LF

You didn't have to claim btw. I was always going to vote LF over vehicle. Makes this easier though.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

It's one of those things that is so common I don't even pay attention to it anymore. I think there was a game recently where you would get told if you were roleblocked, but I could be wrong. Thanks for the answer
        LF hosted the game where I was told I was RBed. WillBy and others usually just say 'your action failed' as far as I remember.
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Ok I'm posting from my phone and I don't know how to tag people from it and its a pain in the ass to multi-quote so I'll do my best to keep this organized.

I have no idea how voth continues to bat 1.000 but dude should be buying a mega-millions or powerball ticket tonight with the luck he has.

I am the what I would equate to as "Me-Shell", the Vigilante and I only have a certain number of shots. Last night I tried to shoot Vehicle because he's been all over Jessup and I told her that I "had her back". This is why I was asking if somebody would know whether or not they were roleblocked because she is ALSO claiming that her action on Vehicle failed. Now I don't know what Jessup's action is but I'd say its less likely that we were both roleblocked and MORE likely that Vehicle is Night Immune and performed the kill on Kthx (Or Ordered somebody else to do it). You guys have already pointed out the flavor of Willby's death message, the way the body was stuffed in the locker which makes me think it was a 3rd party killer, SK maybe?

I really didn't want to out myself as what is likely Town's only killing role, especially with the doctor already dead but what choice do I have now? There's a reason why in my last post I said I was going to "trust Jessup's claim", its because it coincided perfectly with my own action. I'm betting that Jessup was roleblocked and that my action failed because VEHICLE is the Godfather (Or SK)

Vehicle shouldn't even be voting for me lol, clearly I'm not a threat to him at night.
          1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
          Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

• Originally posted by LF View Post
            Ok I'm posting from my phone and I don't know how to tag people from it and its a pain in the ass to multi-quote so I'll do my best to keep this organized.

I have no idea how voth continues to bat 1.000 but dude should be buying a mega-millions or powerball ticket tonight with the luck he has.

I am the what I would equate to as "Me-Shell", the Vigilante and I only have a certain number of shots. Last night I tried to shoot Vehicle because he's been all over Jessup and I told her that I "had her back". This is why I was asking if somebody would know whether or not they were roleblocked because she is ALSO claiming that her action on Vehicle failed. Now I don't know what Jessup's action is but I'd say its less likely that we were both roleblocked and MORE likely that Vehicle is Night Immune and performed the kill on Kthx (Or Ordered somebody else to do it). You guys have already pointed out the flavor of Willby's death message, the way the body was stuffed in the locker which makes me think it was a 3rd party killer, SK maybe?

I really didn't want to out myself as what is likely Town's only killing role, especially with the doctor already dead but what choice do I have now? There's a reason why in my last post I said I was going to "trust Jessup's claim", its because it coincided perfectly with my own action. I'm betting that Jessup was roleblocked and that my action failed because VEHICLE is the Godfather (Or SK)

Vehicle shouldn't even be voting for me lol, clearly I'm not a threat to him at night.
            What the fuck are you even talking about? Night-immune? That's horseshit. I don't know where you've played mafia in the past but a completely invincible-at-night-to-any-action-at-all role is broken as fuck.

So you're claiming Town Vig. OK. What are you alleging Vehicle is then? An SK? Or scum? Because I highly doubt there's two killing roles on top of the scum team in a 12 person game where only one person died last night. Unless this is role madness, this is retarded.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Vehicle You might be able to dodge my bullets but can you dodge a wrench?

Click image for larger version

Name:	OIP.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1351519

Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

• Can we talk about how bad an idea it is for a town vigi to take potshots night 1?
                JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Can we talk about how bad an idea it is for a town vigi to take potshots night 1?
                  Assuming a town vig is even in the game.

Also, the only time I've seen godfather be bulletproof is in Town of Salem variants of mafia. IXT hosted a game like that, as did LF. Every other host I've seen had the godfather be the normal version that comes up innocent when investigated by a cop.

I think LFs mistake is believing Town of Salem is the mainstream, rather than the rare alternate.
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Ok I'm posting from my phone and I don't know how to tag people from it and its a pain in the ass to multi-quote so I'll do my best to keep this organized.

I re-read this again because you lost me a little the first couple times I read it.

You're claiming town vig.
                    You claim to try to shoot Vehicle last night and it failed.
                    **Critical to this issue is that Vehicle is not dead, and Kthx is**
                    Jessup also claims to have targeted Vehicle but failed.
                    At the end of the night, Kthx is dead and no one knows shit unless they haven't spilled it yet besides me, which is that you did a killing action.

Why are you even throwing SK out there? A night-immune SK would be game-breaking. If you are town vig and everything you say is true, then Vehicle is potentially the mafia godfather, but I have no idea where you're going with this night-immune SK stuff.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

What the fuck are you even talking about? Night-immune? That's horseshit. I don't know where you've played mafia in the past but a completely invincible-at-night-to-any-action-at-all role is broken as fuck.

So you're claiming Town Vig. OK. What are you alleging Vehicle is then? An SK? Or scum? Because I highly doubt there's two killing roles on top of the scum team in a 12 person game where only one person died last night. Unless this is role madness, this is retarded.
                      I figured out how to quote on my phone.... I said in my last post that I'd guess Jessup was roleblocked. Why wouldn't she be given the claim's she was making on D1? Any scum team worth half a shit would have roleblocked somebody who was claiming a town power role. I'm not saying Vehicle's role is basically God. I'm saying he was immune to MY night action. He COULD be a Night immune third party, there's plenty of roles like that. He could also be the GODFATHER and while he didn't directly perform the kill on Kthx he could have ordered another member of the scum team to do it. I don't know what he is, I just know he's not with the rest of us. I've answered your questions the best way I know how. I was trying to protect Jessup from what was at the time her #1 opponent and in the process found somebody who is IMMUNE to night kills. Both SK and GF are immune to being killed at night. He is one of those 2 roles 100%

You took a swing in the dark and found me. I took a swing in the dark and found Veh....who I'm betting doesn't have an explanation to being night immune.

More fuel...Maybe Vehicle also ordered the roleblock on jessup? Which makes perfect sense considering how hard he's been going at her

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Assuming a town vig is even in the game.

Also, the only time I've seen godfather be bulletproof is in Town of Salem variants of mafia. IXT hosted a game like that, as did LF. Every other host I've seen had the godfather be the normal version that comes up innocent when investigated by a cop.

I think LFs mistake is believing Town of Salem is the mainstream, rather than the rare alternate.
                        In fairness, I've seen the Godfather role done both ways on multiple occasions on these forums. Usually either bulletproof or investigates innocent, but not both. And more often than not it's just investigates innocent.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• From Mafia Wiki:

Because it's difficult to win as a Serial Killer, it's considered very common to give them extra abilities, which may include: Being investigation-immune (will be viewed as town-aligned if investigated), being Bulletproof (immunity to shots), having Strongman capability (nightkill cannot be blocked or protected against) or having Ninja capability (nightkill cannot be tracked or watched)

Comment

In fairness, I've seen the Godfather role done both ways on multiple occasions on these forums. Usually either bulletproof or investigates innocent, but not both. And more often than not it's just investigates innocent.
                            Really? Thinking back to the times I've been on scum teams, I remember it as usually being both. Immune to night kills and investigates innocent, but doesn't have any special abilities beyond that.

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

From Mafia Wiki:

Because it's difficult to win as a Serial Killer, it's considered very common to give them extra abilities, which may include: Being investigation-immune (will be viewed as town-aligned if investigated), being Bulletproof (immunity to shots), having Strongman capability (nightkill cannot be blocked or protected against) or having Ninja capability (nightkill cannot be tracked or watched)
                              In all fairness, I've never seen or heard of a serial killer with any extra perks added on top on these forums. Could have happened, but I don't remember a single case

Comment

• The only weird thing with all of this is what Jessup brought up about the juicy-flavorful-killtext of Kthx. Here it is:

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                                The musty aroma of years of B.O. washes over you as you walk down the old hallways. What these old buildings lack in air circulation, they make up for in asbestos ppm. Still, the creepiest part is the fucked up electrical. The light at the end of the hall flickers and buzzes as you approach a darker patch.

Suddenly, a rattle in the locker next to you causes you to jump- as the door creaks open, kthx collapses out- glasses broken, underwear stretched and torn.
                                He was a Nerd (Vanilla Townie).

Begin Day 2
                                Now, this is the first nightkill so it's really difficult (read: impossible) to compare it to anything else besides the lynch from D1, but there is a case to be made that this kill is not a mafia kill based on the flavor text... I literally can't believe I'm saying that.

Pretty consequential phase and I just want to explore all avenues. If LF tried to kill Vehicle and Vehicle is the GF, it could be that the kill failed for that reason. If Jessup targeted Vehicle with whatever her role is (please don't claim) and failed, then it could be that a roleblocker (likely scum but potentially town too) blocked her because she alluded to having a power role on D1. It could potentially add up, but LF is making this really hard to believe with all this night-immune role nonsense.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X