[Mafia]The Chopping Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
    I'm going to hope that LF has something solid.

Vote Markmrw

Beast was not "obviously a cop," he literally lied during his own roleclaim. Had he not tried to be extra and add other powers and shit we might not be here. When Beast died he was for all intents and purposes a vanilla townie. Exalt and OB5 with their pearl-clutching "but but but you killed the cop" bullshit is, well, bullshit.

Squirtle's dead too and turns out he wasn't lying about his role either.

We have a handful of new players this round and I'm starting to think Exalt is taking advantage of it. Keep in mind the only thing Exalt has done aside from not voting for beast is "confirm" beast's investigation. Exalt is as-much confirmed town as I am, which is to say not at all.

@LF it'd be nice if you could come and let us know if your vote has any merit.

The top of my scum list right now is:
    Exalt: for all the reasons above
    OB5: For being exalt's attack dog. The two of them are walking in lock-step, almost as if they're on a chat together
    the_paul: In my experience when t_p says "I only play this game at work" it's because he's scum and is trying to fly under the radar
    If you were paying any attention at all it was super obvious he meant to say he has a one-shot power and just misspoke, which I literally pointed out and Exalt (who actually knows the guy) backed me up on. Him deciding to play into it or whatever isn't even a thing that makes him scummy which is a key element missing from a lot of the "analysis" this game, yours included, and it's making it really hard to determine whether you're scum or town choosing to play with blinders on. Like, the fact he was the cop is pretty irrelevant to why I'm angry here - I'm much less concerned about having lynched a cop who already acted than I am about having coasted to a lynch on a town that was entirely saveable. If you're town, be better.

As for Exalt, while I wouldn't go so far as to say Exalt is confirmed by any means, there is really no benefit to him claiming a correct Tracker result to try and back up the claims of two other town players who he isn't even fully confirming - it doesn't buy him immediate cred, as can be seen by the fact that people are still pushing him, and helps to prevent two town from being lynched. There's literally no good reason for him to hop onto that impromptu as scum, especially after Voth got lynched on D1, unless he's specifically trying to make the game as hard as possible, and so it's way more likely the dude is just town here who made a poor choice of tracking target but found a way to make the best of it.

Mischaracterizing me as Exalt's "attack dog" is even worse - I brought up Beast seeming to have made a mistake he was playing into instead of owning up to entirely on my own, with Exalt only coming in to comment on it in a way that could have helped to save Beast's life. Furthermore, outside of this one incident, I don't think Exalt and I have had much chemistry at all - I think he's town, yes, but outside of trying to save Beast I don't think we've been on the same page on just about anyone else thus far - I think his choice to target LF on night 1 was shit, until this post can't remember a single thing you've said all game, and I'm still pretty sure Jessup shouldn't be willfully ignorant enough to be town here.

Should be in the car for some time later today and can talk more then but this is like blatantly not what has actually gone down at any point in this game

Comment

• oh god now jessup is following Vehicle's line

you want cahoots look there jfc

Comment

• Unvote Markmrw
        Vote orangeandblack5

Honestly I could go with him or exalt and I kind of don't like it because it means one the quieter people is probably scum and we're not going to get them this phase.

These three quotes are from the same post by our good friend ob5
        1) If you were paying any attention at all it was super obvious he meant to say he has a one-shot power and just misspoke, which I literally pointed out and Exalt (who actually knows the guy) backed me up on.

2) As for Exalt, while I wouldn't go so far as to say Exalt is confirmed by any means, there is really no benefit to him claiming a correct Tracker result to try and back up the claims of two other town players who he isn't even fully confirming - it doesn't buy him immediate cred,

3) Mischaracterizing me as Exalt's "attack dog" is even worse -

1) Myself, T_P, Jessup and whoever else voted for Beast obviously didn't believe his botched and poor roleclaim. You continuing this line of argument is not going to convince anyone of anything. In fact, I'd argue it was only obvious because you already knew he was town.

2) You literally know exactly what Exalt would benefit from by claiming, you say it in the same damn sentence. He's building credibility with that. It's an obvious play. It doesn't mean he's lying but to be like "him claiming to confirm a town by also doing an investigation doesn't really do anything for him" is a ridiculously bad argument. Especially coming from the All-Seeing Man who knew Beast was only lying about 1/2 his roleclaim.

3) lol, did you even re-read your post? At least 50% of it is spent defending him. I know the history of the most recent games, but the fact that you and Exalt are most-focused on the only 2 surviving people who lynched Voth makes me think you're scum.

-------

This is tough. I'm not sure if I believe Exalt but I definitely don't believe ob5. The problem is that I don't believe ob5 because all he's doing is parroting exalt. Not exactly a Catch 22, but close.

I go for OB5 now because if he flips scum then we lynch Exalt and win. If he flips town then it lends a little more credibility to Exalt's claim. But I'm finding it so hard to believe him right now I'm not sure it would even matter.
        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
        Message has been sent to online moderators
        2:BLeeN> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>no
        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
        2:BLeeN> ok then no
        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• Also, I'm unvoting Mark because LF voted him with nothing and then the train got rolling, it smells fishy. Mark might be scum but I haven't seen anyone give a compelling reason as to why.
          (Overstrand)>no

Comment

• Orange and Exalt are Mason???

I'm seriously perplexed I feel like Orange and exalt are going thru training with Yoda on using the force w/ power of suggestion and totally failing.

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Vote Count:

Markmrw - 3 (The_Paul, Exalt, LF)
              OrangeAndBlack5 - 1 (Vehicle)
              Exalt - 1 (Jessup)
              Jessup - 1 (OrangeAndBlack5)

No vote: Markmrw

Estimated phase change: Wednesday, 10am CST (21 hours from now)

Originally posted by LF View Post
              Not-Mafia Side Note: Are we postponing for thanksgiving day? Assuming the game is still running on Thursday I will not be posting at ALL that day until maybe very late at night
              The game will run through the holiday/weekend, as not all of our players will be partaking. However, I DO anticipate longer phases and lower activity through that time. I believe timing is working well though:

Night 3 will begin Wednesday morning.
              Day 4 will begin Thursday, noon (pending night actions) (~28 hour night phase)
              Night 4 will begin Sunday, noon (pending activity) (~72 hour day phase, including the holiday)

While I won't ask that you take any time away from your friends/families to play mafia, I do ask that you try to find at least 20 collective minutes over the next 4 days to read thread, submit night actions if applicable, and post your votes. If you know you won't be able to at all, please let me know and I won't wait on you. Thanks

Comment

• Ooooh, a train happened while I was at work
                Not sure how to defend myself against a baseless vote, I don't see any evidence against me to defend.
                Would a role claim help you guys believe the MarkMorrow?

Seems LF voted for me to get it going then The_Paul jumped on it followed by everyone else except Jessup & OB5

Vehicle changed to OB5 - which im happy about but i still dont think he would have killed off illewi on night one, i feel like that would have been one of the veteran TW players.

I think Jessup is barking up the wrong tree with Exalt, but still think Jess is town because of the Voth vote day one

I still put both The_Paul and LF at the top of the suspicion tree, Paul takes it just though as he jumped on the "tentative" vote and LF has been investigated (May Beast RIP)

Vote: The_Paul
                MRW

Comment

• I'm fine with either Mark or Orange, I feel like either one would reveal a lot
                  1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                  Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Markmrw View Post
                    Ooooh, a train happened while I was at work
                    Not sure how to defend myself against a baseless vote, I don't see any evidence against me to defend.
                    Would a role claim help you guys believe the MarkMorrow?

Seems LF voted for me to get it going then The_Paul jumped on it followed by everyone else except Jessup & OB5

Vehicle changed to OB5 - which im happy about but i still dont think he would have killed off illewi on night one, i feel like that would have been one of the veteran TW players.

I think Jessup is barking up the wrong tree with Exalt, but still think Jess is town because of the Voth vote day one

I still put both The_Paul and LF at the top of the suspicion tree, Paul takes it just though as he jumped on the "tentative" vote and LF has been investigated (May Beast RIP)

Vote: The_Paul
                    Beast said LF came back innocent with the cop investigation which means the only way LF is mafia is either if LF is Godfather or was jailed/shielded or protected by mafia which is a real possibility. I do have some suspicion on LF but no way this vote is it a good idea to vote LF right now.. T_P I'm honestly unsure of. T_P is doing the typical standard town or scum game.

I'm voting with LF and Vehicle if us 3 can come to a decision soon. I want Exalt, Vehicle wants Orange and LF wants MArk tho atm
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• I think we were typing at the same time again jess. I'm not leaning towards Exalt right now but Mark/Orange are fine by me. Majority is already on Mark so I have no inclination to change my vote but if it starts heading towards orange I've no issue with that either
                      1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                      Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

• unvote OrangeBlack5
                        Vote Exalt

Can someone articulate to me why they're voting for Mark? What about him makes you think he's scum?

The fact that he's been in the lead all phase and basically every single player has voted for him at some point with no one coming to save him makes me question his scum bona fides. Well, that and the fact that no one has given a good reason to vote for him unless I missed it.

I went back and re-read OB5 talking about Beast's role and his posts do give him some credibility to me. Not enough to clear him but enough to shift to Exalt. I think his "confirmation" was a super low hanging fruit way to try to claim town cred without actually doing anything. I think the reason Voth went down so easy is because Exalt (who didn't vote or post on D1) was afk and couldn't come save him.

Also, by having my vote on Exalt it puts 2 on him and 3 on Mark. I believe this gives us to more gain by seeing what happens through the end of the phase. I'll be back before night fall to make sure my vote should stay where it is.
                        (Overstrand)>no

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                          I'm gonna follow LF for now and VOTE: Markmrw in an assumption he found something using a night action.

Jessup is probably next though.
                          How you feel voting mark now as no clear cut night action was used?

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• So confused why no one wants to make trains together. Got T_P soloing and mark soloing. Orange is trying again to start a train on me a townie who killed voth. This game is crazy yall.. If town wants info we got to do moves that push scum out of hiding. Voting solo is pretty useless unless u wanna stay out of the lime light like a good scum would do....it is pretty sus at this time and place.

Markmrw You should maybe full claim Mark if you have majority on you.

the_paul Why still soloing?

Do you guys care to join the vote for exalt?

LF will you vote exalt?

I personally think exalt is scum slight chance I am wrong.. I seriously doubt it tho.
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                              unvote OrangeBlack5
                              Vote Exalt

Can someone articulate to me why they're voting for Mark? What about him makes you think he's scum?

The fact that he's been in the lead all phase and basically every single player has voted for him at some point with no one coming to save him makes me question his scum bona fides. Well, that and the fact that no one has given a good reason to vote for him unless I missed it.

I went back and re-read OB5 talking about Beast's role and his posts do give him some credibility to me. Not enough to clear him but enough to shift to Exalt. I think his "confirmation" was a super low hanging fruit way to try to claim town cred without actually doing anything. I think the reason Voth went down so easy is because Exalt (who didn't vote or post on D1) was afk and couldn't come save him.

Also, by having my vote on Exalt it puts 2 on him and 3 on Mark. I believe this gives us to more gain by seeing what happens through the end of the phase. I'll be back before night fall to make sure my vote should stay where it is.

well I’m an attempt to save my own skin and to tie up the vote.

unvote The_lover
                              Vote Exalt

am I right in thinking a tie vote results in a no lynch.
                              which I’m starting to think might be the right idea as no one seems sure on anything
                              MRW

Comment

• Good morning. No lynch days are generally considered to be a benefit to the scum team. The town gets no info to go off of and scum gets a "free kill" at night so to speak.

Part of my vote was to make it close to see if any switching happened. If it were someone else tying the vote it would say more. Mark hasn't been present for the many many arguments over ties in the past.

I'm really not convinced Mark is scum. I've still yet to see a single good reason for any of the votes on him. The ease in which his train got going makes me think he is town.

All of that said, I have to leave my vote where it is for now. If I move off Exalt it kills Mark and I don't think Mark is scum (I'm not sure he's town either). I am pretty confident in the Exalt=scum call. Especially considering how little Exalt has done to defend himself, typical scum move to go dark.

I guess here's to hoping someone's active enough to come break the tie. I can't do it.
                                (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Working...
                                X